• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pocket Monsters Best Wishes" - coming this fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Pocket Monsters Best Wish" - coming this fall!

Best Wishes does sound random.

New girl looks terrible.

Glad that Ash is still in it.

Meh. The girl's design is weird but I'll grow to love it.

God, I hate the girl's design so much. She looks like a little mountain witch.
It'll be the first time Pikachu doesn't destroy a girl's bike. He'll fry her broom.

That would be pretty awesome if it were true. Witchcraft > Contests and all that toil n' trouble.

As for me? I dunno. I'm on the fence with this one. On one hand, it's a bummer that Daisy Dukes and crazy ponytail aren't getting a look in as a main character. But on the other, just look at the new girl; She's so freakishly ott with her Mightyena-pelt hair that she's gotta have the personallity to match, right? Right?

I hope so. Hikari seemed way to calm in my eyes. We need another crazy/insane female character!
Knowing the writers though...

Best Wishes...same initials as Black/White.

This means we've seen two of the starter's second stages. Yay! And we've seen Ash's new outfit. Ugh. The people behind the series either love killing chances of the boys from the games showing up, are too lazy to come up with original clothes, or a bit of both.

So, title oddity.

The English text says "Best Wishes!" (exclamation mark and all). But! The Japanese text, and the announcer, say "Best Wish" (ベストウィッシュ).

Whichever one it is...it's a lot better than simply calling it "Black and White." I was never a fan of Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl as a series title since it also included stuff from Platinum and the GS remakes.

It'll be the first time Pikachu doesn't destroy a girl's bike. He'll fry her broom.

Lol, hahaha

Girl, Looks average, she will grow on me, I hope so...

Eh, its not too marshtomp, but buizel. Its a water/fighting type, but with proper type gained. I'm talking to Grav-E by the way.

Someone knows what Tsutaja's evolution's name?

That girl being black is probably because of Brock.

He's at least half a head taller than Ash. Girl's hair makes her taller than Ash, and he's about as tall as her hair.

Ehh...Ash this time is taller than the girl, so he's about the same height as the rival. The rival seems a bit scrawny to me, different than Paul (prolly cuz of his clothes).

His hair makes me wonder how he's gonna be like Paul...I just can't imagine it :p

pokemon_master2 said:
That girl being black is probably because of Brock.

We don't know anything about her skin color yet.

I still insist the Poké near the girl might be Pokabu's evo

Just looking at it now it may be, the only Reason I say that though is because it looks like it has the Ball at the End of the Spring Tail on Pokabu.

We might not know till the Games Release though as there's no Proof right now these Pokemon will be Revealed in Corocoro this Month,
I hope we get more Information on the Anime Soon though and the Starter's Anime Forme's soon.

I really Hope Pokabu is the "Mascot Starter"^_^

Girl is actually a Jirachi in human form. Explains the title. Done.

Pa-lease! That can't be true. It's far too creative for the writers!

Anyways, I might as well join in. Girl ugly, all Pokémon but the bat is nice, title is really, really bizarre, blah, blah, blah.

I find the guy to look like Keta, you know the kid from the beginning of Movie 12.

Eh, its not too marshtomp, but buizel. Its a water/fighting type, but with proper type gained. I'm talking to Grav-E by the way.
It's a bit of both, I guess. Marshtomp's rotund head, beady eyes, mohawk and whiskers that sort of resemble 'shtomps gills. Buoysel's 'the rest'.

Now that I have time to adjust to it...I actually like anime only!girl. Sure her hair is whacked(that isn't pretty hair) and I'm not very fond of her clothing but she looks fierce. Like she's going to explode with personality the moment she steps onto the screen.

Now that Ash's clothes have been confirmed on the other hand? Ugh.

...and yeah, the boy looks like a shorter version of Vincent.

I still insist the Poké near the girl might be Pokabu's evo
Too small, one ear is missing, its features are too different, and it would be listed with the others. Its different. This means we now have roughly 26 Pokemon revealed. Damn. Also yeah, ash sucks balls in the only clothes that ever made sense for him to wear. Go fucking figure.

I wonder if that boy is part of the main cast or just a rival... I see no reason at all for them not to include the third cast member if there was one... so this is my current speculation:
- The main cast will consist only of Ash and new girl
- The man with the Umbreon is the girl's father
- The girl will either start with Pokabu who will evolve or will already have it with her (evolved or not) when she meets Ash (so she might not be a beginner)
- This girl might not be a Coordinator (which means no Contests anymore) and will probably have a different personality than the girly girls that May and Dawn were
- Pikachu will be the only out-of-ball Poké and only real mascot of this series (so no Piplup repeat)

I don't like anything of this, other than the girl's personality likely to be different (I guess people who wished for a more tomboyish girl might get their wish now)

I wasn't involved much in the fandom when DP started, but was the atmosphere this...negative back then too? I mean, there's a good chance that the majority of you will keep watching no matter how bad it seems, right?

I understand that the change may look severe and unpleasing, but who knows? They might surprise us this time :D We can't judge on appearance alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom