• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP183's Dark trainer- Let's speculate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pikachu isn't in the match, it should be removed for the sake of a Pokémon that needs more screentime, and that's not Infernape. If the writers want to keep things familiar for viewers that have only watched the DP series, they need look no further than Pikachu.

Mach Punch hardly makes Infernape the ideal choice for a counter to Darkrai; Infernape is also completely helpless against Dark Void. If anything, Heracross is the ideal choice and that is why it is being used again, but it will probably not defeat Darkrai as that would make the battle boring.

Quilava is the obvious choice here due to its untapped potential and its association with Bayleef and Totodile, but since Noctowl would be quite useful against Darkrai, it could (and arguably should) take Muk or Pikachu's place. As for Donphan, I can only see it being used if the team consists solely of Johto Pokémon.

Well Infernape would be the ideal choice if Ash has a Sinnoh pokemon in there. I wasn't talking about in general. I was just thinking that if the writers want to include a Sinnoh pokemon to battle in the match (since it is Ash's last league battle), I was thinking that Infernape would be the choice.

And I was thinking Pikachu or Infernape because I could see them lose the battle for Ash. The other reserves don't need to be the last pokemon to lose. Pikachu seems more likely but again, if there is a Sinnoh pokemon in there, I could see Infernape be the one to take the loss.

But we'll see, I mean we don't even know if we're gonna get another skipped battle to compensate for the other unused reserves. I mean at least one that shows 3 pokemon. If it only shows 1 pokemon like the Snorlax battle and assuming the writers want to use all the pokemon in the opening/DP 182, then Heracross is the only reused pokemon.

I wonder when they're going to reveal the trainer. Possibly after Ash beats Paul and faces the LT after a quick skipped battle with someone?

Also, do you think they'll start off with Darkrai, to apply extreme pressure? Or save it for last, in which Ash dominates the rest of the trainers team, and has at least four pokemon remaining to take down the Darkrai? Kinda like the Orange Islands match against Drake and his Dragonite.

I won't be surprised if Darkrai is sent first and most of the battle is Ash using a team work to beat it, then quickly lose to the LT's second or third Pokémon

I won't be surprised if Darkrai is sent first and most of the battle is Ash using a team work to beat it, then quickly lose to the LT's second or third Pokémon

I'll go with this theory. Especially if Ash winds up losing to a Weezing, Dunsparce, or Qwilfish. Ash losing to one of those would be worth him losing the league to me.

I doubt the LT would have anything like that... I expect all big and "cool" Pokémon
I still think there's a chance for Entei/Lucario/both since the OP was right about Darkrai
I also still expect a BW Pokémon to beat Ash in this battle and motivate Ash to go to Isshu
If LT has other Poké that aren't BW and aren't legendaries, I think these are good possibilities: Tyranitar, Typhlosion, Feraligatr... and generally any gen 2/4 big/cool Poké can fit...

It would be pretty interesting to see a BW pokemon appear, and see everybody's shocked face.

Damn. A team of Darkrai, Lucario and Entei? LOL Ash's gonna get crushed.

Well, Entei and Lucario aren't confirmed... but the OP had them with Darkrai and Darkrai was right so maybe...

I was thinking that if the LT has a 5th gen pokemon. I can see that green armored dino in one of the Oha Suta previews. It looks tough and menacing. And it would look like a perfect pokemon to beat Ash. Something Ash doesn't know about, while being a cool, strong pokemon to fit LT.

I hope LT has a 5th generation starter pokemon just like Harrison had a blaziken (SmugLeaf Please?). I also have my guess that these legendary pokemon are Zorark as i find no reason to have Darkrai advertised. (Why not Shaymin?).

I'm guessing Ash will use:
Quilava
Totodile (may evolve)
Bayleef
Heracross
Muk
Pikachu

Where is Infernape? I'm guessinf that it will have an awesome match against Paul and therefore, that will be its last battle in the Sinnoh league

Pikachu? I'm thinking Pikachu will be the fall guy in the Paul battle, so will probably get some redemption here

Johto Starters? Pretty Obivious, I would love Totodile to evolve if Heracross doesn't

Muk? I'm going with everyone else on this one

Pikachu is being used in the Paul battle so why can't we give it a rest in ash's next battle and give some other pokemon a chance? Look i have always like Pika but he has gotten alot of battles. Leaving him out of one battle won't be bad at all.

Against Darkrai trainer Ash will eventually use:

Heracross
Infernape
Buizel
Snorlax
Glalie
Pikachu

I do hope that Tododile and Bayleef are used. I am pretty sure both of them will be used and they sure deserve to be.

I do hope that Tododile and Bayleef are used. I am pretty sure both of them will be used and they sure deserve to be.I mean Donphan, Heracross, Quilava and Noctowl have been or are going to be used, no reason for todo and bayleef to be left out.

edit: I apologize for the double post, dont know how it happened.

Last edited:

Ash only taking out Darkrai would be stupid. I'd prefer it to go down to the last Pokemon.

Ash only taking out Darkrai would be stupid. I'd prefer it to go down to the last Pokemon.

If it's right that last ep they said LT won all Gyms using Darkrai ONLY, it's not that crazy to think Ash will lose 3 Poké to it, other 2 will be very weak after battling it so they'd quickly lose to the second Poké and then Ash's last Poké can either lose to the second Poké or beat it and lose to the third

If it's right that last ep they said LT won all Gyms using Darkrai ONLY, it's not that crazy to think Ash will lose 3 Poké to it, other 2 will be very weak after battling it so they'd quickly lose to the second Poké and then Ash's last Poké can either lose to the second Poké or beat it and lose to the third

Don't be so pessimistic. I don't thnk Ash will beat only 2-3 pokemon. My opinion is that match will be very close.

I agree: The match can be one-sided at times, but by the end things will have to get very close or the battle won't be very exciting. Case in point: Did anyone really like Paul's battle against Cynthia?

I agree: The match can be one-sided at times, but by the end things will have to get very close or the battle won't be very exciting. Case in point: Did anyone really like Paul's battle against Cynthia?

Yes, but that's because the point was to show him pummeled.

I think beating Darkrai is good enough... it'd show Ash's (and the Johto team's) improvement, but also prove he still has long way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom