• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oha Suta reveals new Pokémon: Back of new Pokémon revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
First hint of an R/S remake?

Lots of Johto pokes got evo's in DP...

Do Ruby and Sapphire even need a remake yet? They're in the smae generation as the first remakes, and we definately dont need a second remake f red and green any time soon. Not that I'll ever get tired of that game.

Yep looks like a Luvdisc evolution, I actually don't mind it, it looks cool but it could always be a brand new Pokemon by itself but unlikely, hopefully there won't be many new evolution/pre evolved of old Pokemon, maybe 2 or 3 like R/S Pokemon

A luvdisc evolution?!

Of all the things in the world why a fucking luvdisc?! |: Unless the Evo will be like Magikarp to Gyarados status.... how the hell are they going to make this pokemon not suck.

Of all the damn pokemon a fucking Luvdisc?!

fuck you gamefreak.

oh and rs remakes are just silly at this point. They aren't even necessary.

Do Ruby and Sapphire even need a remake yet? They're in the smae generation as the first remakes, and we definately dont need a second remake f red and green any time soon. Not that I'll ever get tired of that game.

Ruby and Sapphire remakes would bring in a lot of money for GameFreak. They would also be a way to introduce an old region and its Pokemon to a new audience that wasn't there back in 2002. Regardless of whether you feel it's too soon for them, remakes will happen. And remember; no one will be forcing you to buy them.

A luvdisc evolution?!

Of all the things in the world why a fucking luvdisc?! |: Unless the Evo will be like Magikarp to Gyarados status.... how the hell are they going to make this pokemon not suck.

Of all the damn pokemon a fucking Luvdisc?!

fuck you gamefreak.

There, there. Do you feel better now?

Calm down now. This is no reason to throw a hissyfit.

oh and rs remakes are just silly at this point. They aren't even necessary.

Read above.

Yeah, because RS remakes = FrLg remakes >_>

Or the fact that like every other remake, its been two generations and ten years later...

People seem to be bad at measuring time...

Anyways, it's cool to see a Luvdisc evo, but I'll never use it.

Even though it's a luvdisc evolution (presumably) I think it's suppose to be part Sunfish. (Which is ironic because it is what I thought Luvdisc should evolve into), but I say that because if I remember right Mamanbo is similar to the Japanese word for sunfish. (*looks it up* yeah, "Manbou" is Japanese for Sunfish)

Lol, if you are wondering why I know that... who knows? I have no clue, it's not a word we learned in school or like I watch Japanese Nature shows. (Most animal words I learn from Pokemon) But maybe it has to do with trying to design a Luvdisc evo 5 or so years back.

It's also funny, because I think the previously revealed rock monster reminds me of a Pokepages pokemon, hopefully one day he gets to design monsters professionally. I just hope he learns/knows Japanese well enough to even have that chance available.

Ruby and Sapphire remakes would bring in a lot of money for GameFreak. They would also be a way to introduce an old region and its Pokemon to a new audience that wasn't there back in 2002. Regardless of whether you feel it's too soon for them, remakes will happen. And remember; no one will be forcing you to buy them.

There, there. Do you feel better now?

Calm down now. This is no reason to throw a hissyfit.

You obviously don't get my style. You get points for trying.

And while I do object to RS remakes because fifth generation just started and RS is still fresh in everyone's damn mind.

I mean, the FullMetal Alchemist Anime in 2003 made the people in 2009 cut the entire first 1/4-1/5 of the series apart or shorten it drastically. Where's the 6 year difference now?

Besides, isn't it a 10 year difference? I wouldn't object to it in one year. But the fanbase is so unpleaseable, now that everyone gets their GSDS remakes they just freaking drop them and begin whining about RS. Which was the scrappy of pokemon games to begin with because it's not as ~*~*~cool~*~*~ as GS.

You obviously don't get my style.

Well, if your style is being sarcastic, then maybe you should make it a bit more clear. You have barely over 200 posts and you've been around for a month; you couldn't assume that everyone here would catch on.

And while I do object to RS remakes because fifth generation just started and RS is still fresh in everyone's damn mind.

This is a moot point. GameFreak really doesn't care about the older fanbase. GameFreak's target demographic has, is, and will be always comprised of children, specifically those 6-11 years old. GameFreak won't be trying to sell RS remakes to those who were here back in 2002. They'll be trying to sell them to those who haven't explored Hoenn yet.

Don't mistake my position on this one, I'd love a RS remake, I'm just wondering aloud if the technology has advanced enough for there to be a significant difference. Maybe by he time the 3DS is in full swing, they would have something to test out it's capabilities with before the inevitable generation 6 comes along.

Agree with the previous post on the RS remakes.

The very moment I saw the new Pokémon, it reminded me of Luvdisc. The poor fella's finally getting an evo, I thought. Good for him :XD2: No, seriously. I think that in the new generation we might see several evos of, how to say, less appreciated Pokémon with little use. So, the ones that are more or less worthless.

Yes, finally!
Now a corsola evolution please.

I was wondering exactly which single form Pokemon would be getting Prevo's and Evo's this Generation. Hopefully this isn't the only one.

Though, really, what else really NEEDS one?

Kangaskhan! not that I'm desparate to play it but baby kangakhan has been annoying me for too long. It just makes sense to have the baby be a separate pre-evo.

The more I lok at this new fish, the more it looks like a Luvdisc. The thing is, I think it won't be an evolution. Like someone on here has already mentioned, it looks to be based on a sunfish which are big and bulky, so unless Luvdisc takes a massive hit in the speed department (or, the more likely option, Gamefreak just ignore nature and make a super-fast sunfish, like they should) it might not be a new evo. Chances are if it is, then it'll be announced rather soon, like in the next CoroCoro.

FRLG came out eight years after RG, and 6 after RB. No one objected to that. It's been eight years since RS came out in Japan.

A remake won't come out for some time though, so I'll put my bets on 2012.

Anyway, onto the Pokemon..

Nice. Now I have a reason to use a Luvdisc, I suppose. I didn't think it would get an evolution or pre-evolution.

Last edited:
yuck. just yuck. GF what have you done to pokémon.......

So, the "National Dex Rumors" could be true after all... And, if we take seriously the RSE remake possibility, I envisage the following evolutions:
* #637 - Ice / Fighting > ???
* #638 - Fire / Dark > Houndoom
* #639 - Ground / Bug > Trapinch alternate evolution (Nincada line is too complicated)
* #640 - Poison / Dragon > Seviper
* #641 - Steel > Mawile
* #642 - Water > Luvdisc :)
* #643 - Fire > Torkoal
* #644 - Dragon / Ice > ???
* #645 - Normal / Ghost > ???
* #646 - Dragon > ???
* #647 - Dark / Psychic > Absol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom