• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unnoficial story theories

Generally speaking, people in the Pokémon world aren't very mysterious. The player characters and their canonicity are an open question that goes beyond just Red, but the games haven't hinted at much other than Mr. Pokémon mentioning a friend from Hoenn that gave him the Red and Blue Orbs, who I strongly suspect is May/Brendan (whichever one that is Norman's child). HGSS also reference Prof. Elm's third starter and all but confirm that someone other than Ethan and Lyra received it. Those are definitely interesting hints, but the current games just don't give us enough to go on.

But far more mysterious than the player characters and Mr. Fuji are a group of people we have yet to even see: The Ruins of Alph clan referenced in Crystal and HGSS. I have to say that I'm continually baffled by how the majority of fans still view the Ruins of Alph from the narrow perspective of Gold and Silver, where those references were missing. Since so few players paid attention to the Crystal sidequest (admittedly since Game Freak ended up not using crucial parts of the dialogue for some odd reason), Game Freak even designed an item in HGSS containing all the references for posterity: the Unown Report. To top it all off, the Sinjoh Ruins event further deepens the mystery by proving that Unown even have to do with Arceus, implying that they played a role in the beginning of the universe. How anyone can think of the Ruins of Alph mystery as a mere distraction after all this is beyond me.

I feel that the Crystal character who said "The ruins hide a huge secret!" even after seeing the Unown, was right on the money. Likewise, the HGSS character (probably the same one) who vows to unravel the truth behind the ruins even after witnessing the Sinjoh Ruins event, also represents the script writer' inner voice. We know that the clan built the ruins 1500 years ago as a habitat for the Unown, and we know that they left the ruins since they thought it was the only way to protect the Unown from outsiders. But why did they build those statues, which aren't even said to be based on any known Pokémon (despite resembling Rhydon)? Why couldn't all humans co-exist with the Unown? Did anyone actually wish them harm, and if so, why? At a later point in history, the clan helped a group of people from Sinnoh's Spear Pillar build the Sinjoh Ruins in some other region. Why did they do that? While the people of Sinnoh revered Arceus and its six minions, what was in it for the Ruins of Alph clan? What importance does the creation of one member (or two) of the Dragon trio even have? It is interesting to observe that the Sinjoh Ruins used to be a temple, but only the first floor hasn't been destroyed. What were the other floors used for, and did anyone deliberately destroy them?

The problem with these questions is that we clearly don't have all pieces of the puzzle yet. We didn't have Arceus in Generation II where it all began, and even now Arceus has turned out not to be the final key to solving the mystery. What's missing? I feel that the only way to even begin addressing the other questions is by attempting to understand what Arceus and Unown have in common, and if there is yet another side to their story. This brings me to a theory I wrote two months ago in the Generation V forum.

Last edited:
The friend of Mr. Pokemon's is Steven.
Except that Steven doesn't actually visit Johto in HGSS, and we know that Norman and his family moved from Johto, making it plausible for Mr. Pokémon to be acquainted with May/Brendan. I'm sure that Steven would have simply been mentioned by name if that had been the intention.

I'm sure that Steven would have simply been mentioned by name if that had been the intention.

Don't forget how Silver was only hinted to be Giovanni's son (until HGSS) and Steven was only hinted at being the one who gave away the Resort House.

Don't forget how Silver was only hinted to be Giovanni's son (until HGSS) and Steven was only hinted at being the one who gave away the Resort House.
But there's no hint towards Steven this time around, and since Steven is actually in HGSS, he isn't supposed to be mysterious. Besides, the only characters that would have the Orbs are May/Brendan and the Mt. Pyre elders (Archie and Maxie returned the items), and only the former characters are linked to Johto as far as we know.

Bill sends the e-mail to Lanette that you see in RSE soon after the Link Machine on Island One is fixed in FRLG, meaning that FRLG and RSE occur around the same time period, with the events of FRLG happening first.

Team Rocket was after Mewtwo in RBY/FRLG;

-You first meet them in Mount Moon, a cave close to Cerulean City. Some grunts say they are interested in fossils; perhaps looking for another Mew fossil? Or even Mewtwo himself, mistaking Mount Moon for Cerulean Cave?

-Next time you see them, they have kidnapped Mr. Fujii. His portrait hangs in the Cinnabar Science Museum, as well as being in a photo in Blaine's gym (It is also implied Blaine is a scientist) So he has connections with the creation of Mewtwo. Perhaps they want information from him?

-We know Mewtwo was born in Cinnabar Island because of the Pokemon Mansion diaries that document the discovery of a Mew fossil and the creation of a clone, Mewtwo. The fact Pokemon Mansion is in ruins implies Mewtwo destroyed it.

- We then fight Team Rocket at Silph Co., for reasons unknown. Except Silph Co. had recently created the Master Ball. Perhaps Giovanni wants it to capture Mewtwo? Also, documents in Silph Co. talk about Porygon, another man-made Pokemon like Mewtwo. So maybe Giovanni is interested in making artificial Pokemon as well.

- You then defeat Giovanni at his gym, where he decides to abandon Team Rocket, so they never achieve their goal.

The facts match up, and the games give no other explanation as to what Team Rocket's goal is. They don't do a whole lot of Pokemon stealing, so it's not just that.

But far more mysterious than the player chartacters and Mr. Fuji are a group of people we have yet to even see: The Ruins of Alph clan referenced in Crystal and HGSS. I have to say that I'm continually baffled by how the majority of fans still view the Ruins of Alph from the narrow perspective of Gold and Silver, where those references were missing. Since so few players paid attention to the Crystal sidequest (admittedly since Game Freak ended up not using crucial parts of the dialogue for some odd reason), Game Freak even designed an item in HGSS containing all the references for posterity: the Unown Report. To top it all off, the Sinjoh Ruins event further deepen the mystery by proving that Unown even have to do with Arceus, implying that they played a role in the beginning of the universe. How anyone can think of the Ruins of Alph mystery as a mere distraction after all this is beyond me.

I feel that the Crystal character who said "The ruins hide a huge secret!" even after seeing the Unown, was right on the money. Likewise, the HGSS character (probably the same one) who vows to unravel the truth behind the ruins even after witnessing the Sinjoh Ruins event, also represents the script writer' inner voice. We know that the clan built the ruins 1500 years ago as a habitat for the Unown, and we know that they left the ruins since they thought it was the only way to protect the Unown from outsiders. But why did they build those statues, which aren't even said to be based on any known Pokémon (despite resembling Rhydon)? Why couldn't all humans co-exist with the Unown? Did anyone actually wish them harm, and if so, why? At a later point in history, the clan helped a group of people from Sinnoh's Spear Pillar build the Sinjoh Ruins in some other region. Why did they do that? While the people of Sinnoh revered Arceus and its six minions, what was in it for the Ruins of Alph clan? What importance does the creation of one member (or two) of the Dragon trio even have? It is interesting to observe that the Sinjoh Ruins used to be a temple, but only the first floor hasn't been destroyed. What were the other floors used for, and did anyone deliberately destroy them?

The problem with these questions is that we clearly don't have all pieces of the puzzle yet. We didn't have Arceus in Generation II where it all began, and even now Arceus has turned out not to be the final key to solving the mystery. What's missing? I feel that the only way to even begin addressing the other questions is by attmepting to understand what Arceus and Unown have in common, and if there is yet another side to their story. This brings me to a theory I wrote two months ago in the Generation V forum.

this is the kinda thing that sends shivers down my spine from pure excitement, I wish the franchise was more mysterious like this. It shouldn't be that there's a plot line, you beat gyms, then the league, bam you're the champion, I want it to be more like there's an entire world do explore, mysteries to solve, questions to answer. Catching all the Pokemon after the League is so tedious, they should give us more things like this to do as well, and make these side quests more relevant, like everything stated in Unown Lord's AWESOME post

P.S. I strongly recomend you all read his theory too, it's brilliant

It shouldn't be that there's a plot line, you beat gyms, then the league, bam you're the champion, I want it to be more like there's an entire world do explore, mysteries to solve, questions to answer.
Words to live by. The standard storyline is boring by now, and Game Freak have proven that they actually have more creative ideas. I liked the HGSS Celebi event in that it didn't even make another Pokémon obtainable, nor was the battle against Giovanni much of a challenge to most players at that stage in the game; instead, the event was all about the story. What I didn't like was the fact that Giovanni's whereabouts was basically Johto's least intriguing mystery; so much more could have been done with Celebi's time travel ability.

JAK said:
Bill sends the e-mail to Lanette that you see in RSE soon after the Link Machine on Island One is fixed in FRLG, meaning that FRLG and RSE occur around the same time period, with the events of FRLG happening first.
Most fans conveninently ignore this letter when discussing the timeline. Granted, it is conceivable that Lanette received that letter years and just kept it on her PC, but why would Game Freak mislead us?

That said, I wouldn't say that Bill sent the letter after the Network Machine was fixed; the letter referred to the stroage system Bill and Lanette developed together, which is independent of the linkage between Kanto and Hoenn. Considering that FRLG's Box system was up-to-date with Lanette's innovations, I would think that Bill would have sent the letter prior to the beginning of the games. Of course, some people would argue that gameplay and story are segregated, but it's not as if anything in FRLG suggested that the technology was supposed to be the same as in RGBY.

Team Rocket was after Mewtwo in RBY/FRLG;
This is a theory that has probably occurred to most fans if only for the anime's version of the story. I agree that the Generation I games lended themselves to that interpretation, and it is certainly possible that was Game Freak's intention. In fact, prior to FRLG's release I hoped that the Sevii Islands sidequest (specifically the part taking place between Cinnabar and Viridian Gyms) would validate this theory by shedding light on Giovanni's grand plan involving Mewtwo. But that didn't happen, and in hindsight this is one thing I'm glad the remakes didn't do.

Let's review what FRLG did add in this context (some of these are extrapolations on my part):

* Apollo was leading the Sevii Islands branch in the Generation I time period. Someone proposed a theory that electromagnetic waves could induce Pokémon evolution; this theory was verified three years later in the Lake of Rage.
* Giovanni's disappearance inhibited the evolution project; Apollo and Athena had to trace down the Silph scientists that had allied with Giovanni and give them incentive to collaborate with them.
* Giovanni's son, Silver, was acquainted with Gideon and probably tried to fish information from him as to the Rockets' grand plan.

So did Giovanni take over Silph just for one Master Ball? I'd say that it is clear by now that he was aware of Apollo's proposal, and that he was trying to get Silph to do his bidding. If it hadn't been for Red, the evolution plan would have been realized much sooner. As for the Master Ball, I'm sure that Giovanni would have found use for it, but there is no evidence to suggest that he was aware of Mewtwo's existence.

In the Celebi event, Giovanni explained to his son that what he'd always wanted was a powerful organization, where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. As the leader, Giovanni didn't need a single Pokémon to make him invincible; all he wanted was to be respected by his underlings, of whom there would be many all over the world. He disbanded the team (essentially twice) because he couldn't bear the thought of everyone knowing that he had lost to a child. If Giovanni had returned, I suspect that the Rockets would have carried out more evolution-inducing radio broadcasts, in attempt to make all the wild Pokémon evolve. Imagine what would have happened if every single grunt had the likes of Dragonite and Tyranitar in their team, with there being hundreds of thousands of common thugs all over the world. While Red or Ethan/Lyra could have defeated Mewtwo with some effort, they would have been powerless to stop an ever-growing organization.

As for Mr. Fuji, remember that he is the one that approached Team Rocket to reprimand them for murdering Cubone's mother; the grunts just took him hostage because he was annoying them, although he was really just trying to calm Marowak's ghost. Now, it is very obvious that Mr. Fuji is, in fact, Dr. Fuji who created Mewtwo by splicing the genes of Mew's offspring. The added FRLG references all but confirm this, but I'll cover those in another post. We also know that Fuji founded the Pokémon Lab, suggesting that he was the one who figured out how to create life from fossils; I suspect that Dr. Fuji (a very wealthy scientist as evidenced by the Pokémon Mansion) created Mewtwo for his own benefit as a scientist. The damage he had caused to Mew and Mewtwo, which manifested in Mewtwo's violent escape, prompted Fuji to relinquish science and redeem himself by tending to Pokémon's needs for the rest of his life.

Last edited:
Words to live by. The standard storyline is boring by now, and Game Freak have proven that they actually have more creative ideas. I liked the HGSS Celebi event in that it didn't even make another Pokémon obtainable, nor was the battle against Giovanni much of a challenge to most players at that stage in the game; instead, the event was all about the story. What I didn't like was the fact that Giovanni's whereabouts was basically Johto's least intriguing mystery; so much more could have been done with Celebi's time travel ability.

I agree, in future, I'd like to see perhaps a chain of events, in the first one, (for example, if they were to expand on this particular event) you would obtain Celebi, and then go back in time, battle someone, find some information, but not the whole lot, and then 2 weeks later, another event, in which Professor Oak or someone would contact you and give you information, and you would time travel again, and find out more etc.

Let's review what FRLG did add in this context (some of these are extrapolations on my part):

* Apollo was leading the Sevii Islands branch in the Generation I time period. Someone proposed a theory that electromagnetic waves could induce Pokémon evolution; this theory was verified three years later in the Lake of Rage.
* Giovanni's disappearance inhibited the evolution project; Apollo and Athena had to trace down the Silph scientists that had allied with Giovanni and give them incentive to collaborate with them.
* Giovanni's son, Silver, was acquainted with Gideon and probably tried to fish information from him as to the Rockets' grand plan.

So did Giovanni take over Silph just for one Master Ball? I'd say that it is clear by now that he was aware of Apollo's proposal, and that he was trying to get Silph to do his bidding. If it hadn't been for Red, the evolution plan would have been realized much sooner. As for the Master Ball, I'm sure that Giovanni would have found use for it, but there is no evidence to suggest that he was aware of Mewtwo's existence.

What I'd really love to see to further back some of this up, would be another game in Kanto and the Sevi Islands. Not another remake, but perhaps a game set 6 or 7 years after the events of R/G/B/Y and LG/FR, in which Cinnabar Island is being recreated, Digglet, in expanding their cave, have caused slight tremors, reshaping the landscape slightly, Celadon city's pollution has gotten well and truely out of control, things like this, to add more flesh to the older areas, as well as expanding and creating new regions. I don't beleive as many fans do that Giovani commited suicide, however perhaps I'm ignorant in that aspect. I would love to see, if this game does appear, the return of Giovani and Team Rocket, in which you can beat gyms etc, but the main plot would be really be Team Rocket, and they would be a little more difficult than before. Another thing I'd love to see in such a game, would be teaming up with protaginists from previous games at certain instances. But all this is just me.

As for Mr. Fuji, remember that he is the one that approached Team Rocket to reprimand them for murdering Cubone's mother; the grunts just took him hostage because he was annoying them, although he was really just trying to calm Marowak's ghost. Now, it is very obvious that Mr. Fuji is, in fact, Dr. Fuji who created Mewtwo by splicing the genes of Mew's offspring. The added FRLG references all but confirm this, but I'll cover those in another post. We also know that Fuji founded the Pokémon Lab, suggesting that he was the one who figured out how to create life from fossils; I suspect that Dr. Fuji (a very wealthy scientist as evidenced by the Pokémon Mansion) created Mewtwo for his own benefit as a scientist. The damage he had caused to Mew and Mewtwo, which manifested in Mewtwo's violent escape, prompted Fuji to relinquish science and redeem himself by tending to Pokémon's needs for the rest of his life.

Things like this need to be made, not more obvious, but more apparent, and altough those words sort of mean the same thing, I hope you know what I mean :eh:
I would love to see more cameos in B/W, and in future games, slowly adding more to the story of each character, refrencing previous events, quests that take you back to, perhaps not entire previous regions, but just certain areas of them, in order to unlock more of the information about them.
In fact, I think I'd prefer this. Give a wealth of information in each game, but never REALLY complete the story. Each game should expand the world historically and in it's legends, not just Geographically. For example, I want to know more about the Sevii islands. In HG and SS I just sort of asumed they'd be there. I thought 'Well we get to go to Kanto, so we'll get to go to the Sevii islands too'. Again, perhaps that was ignorant of me, but I was devestated when I didn't get to see them again. I want to know what they were going to do with the other islands that beta is still left over for, I want to know about the connection of Quest Island to the Ruins of Alph, about the secrets of pattern bush, the bizzare tricks of the Lost Cave (my theory is that they're connected to Giratina's world somehow, due to it's similarity to Turnback cave), everything like this.

I accept that GF's primary target is younger kids, and that's fair enough, I can't see them changing the same old plot line any time soon. I'd just love to see a larger abundance of side quests. Perhaps with the addition of seasons, these could be spread out as well. It's been stated that some areas will only be accessable at certain times of the year, perhaps this could be used to keep gamers occupied for at least a year after beating the League aside from completing the Dex etc.

Last edited:
BlueNostalgia said:
I would love to see, if this game does appear, the return of Giovani and Team Rocket, in which you can beat gyms etc, but the main plot would be really be Team Rocket, and they would be a little more difficult than before.
I can't say that I look forward to any game with Kanto that isn't profoundly different than before; in fact, that goes for all regions. I feel that the Rocket story is over, but it hasn't had the right closure in the form of Silver clarifying all the events and removing the unnecessary vagueness. Whether Giovanni is a lost soul or can reunite with his son is an artistic choice, but I will say that it would be ridiculous if Giovanni still wanted to restore Team Rocket after everything that has happened; that would just make him desperate.

Future games that aren't part of the standard formula are something that I'd love to see; there are signs that Satoshi Tajiri had plans for at least two games that never saw the light of day, with Yellow and Crystal taking their place. With Tajiri no longer being involved with the games since 2000, I feel that Game Freak haven't really tried to break the formula even sporadically. It's hard to tell if that will ever change.

For example, I want to know more about the Sevii islands. In HG and SS I just sort of asumed they'd be there. I thought 'Well we get to go to Kanto, so we'll get to go to the Sevii islands too'. Again, perhaps that was ignorant of me, but I was devestated when I didn't get to see them again. I want to know what they were going to do with the other islands that beta is still left over for, I want to know about the connection of Quest Island to the Ruins of Alph, about the secrets of pattern bush, the bizzare tricks of the Lost Cave (my theory is that they're connected to Giratina's world somehow, due to it's similarity to Turnback cave), everything like this.
The Sevii Islands are the quintessential example for a quest that doesn't have to do with Gyms. I always find it surprising that some fans liked the Battle Zone better simply because of the Battle Frontier, which is a gameplay feature that might as well be accessible from every Pokémon Center (to a certain extent it is). Game Freak didn't try to make the island very interesting; focusing its story on an uninspired Pokémon like Heatran was a big mistake, especially since in Platinum they had the perfect opportunity to continue the main story by making Dialga and Palkia a threat (Giratina wasn't said to stop their interference). The added Pluto subplot didn't contribute to anything, either.

Now, the Sevii Islands were far from perfect, because their mystery was barely accentuated. Making the player's objective be finding the Ruby and Sapphire item was, again, Game Freak's way to prioritize gameplay over the story; the games should stand in their own right irrespective of other games. But the islands were full of allusions to Generation II, and the Rocket plot did shed light on the events during the generational gap. It is just that Game Freak failed to do address what the Lost Cave, Pattern Bush, Altering Cave, Dotted Hole, Tanoby Ruins and Braille inscriptions were all about, and there were no references to Ho-Oh, Lugia or Deoxys. If to make matters worse, we don't even have the slightest inkling as to the state of the islands in the HGSS period; if Cinnabar's volcano erupted, what happened to Mt. Ember?

I accept that GF's primary target is younger kids, and that's fair enough, I can't see them changing the same old plot line any time soon. I'd just love to see a larger abundance of side quests. Perhaps with the addition of seasons, these could be spread out as well. It's been stated that some areas will only be accessable at certain times of the year, perhaps this could be used to keep gamers occupied for at least a year after beating the League aside from completing the Dex etc.
The seasonal cycle has potential, but we don't what Isshu has to offer yet in terms of mythos. I really don't expect Game Freak to top the Unown mystery, since it hasn't even been solved yet. The problem with brand new stories is that they don't necessarily add depth - they're just different.

Right now I want to know which kind of places will become accessible after the Isshu Elite Four. Considering that the games even have a plane that could take players anywhere, I sorely hope Game Freak won't settle for another Battle Zone with little added value.

Last edited:
I feel that the Rocket story is over, but it hasn't had the right closure in the form of Silver clarifying all the events and removing the unnecessary vagueness. Whether Giovanni is a lost soul or can reunite with his son is an artistic choice, but I will say that it would be ridiculous if Giovanni still wanted to restore Team Rocket after everything that has happened; that would just make him desperate.

I have to say, I agree with you about Giovanni, altough I still don't want to think he's dead. It seems too dark for a game aimed at such an age. I would like him to just even get a breif mention, not even a cameo in a future game.
I suppose if one were to think logically you would be right about Team Rocket as a whole too. However my nostalgia goggles refuse to come off. The final grunt in HG and SS in the quest for the Powel Plant item says he'll return to his own country and revive Team Rocket. Admitidly, this grunt didn't exactly seem very intelligent, and it might seem unlikely, but I'm still hoping against hope that something comes of this.

Future games that aren't part of the standard formula are something that I'd love to see; there are signs that Satoshi Tajiri had plans for at least two games that never saw the light of day, with Yellow and Crystal taking their place. With Tajiri no longer being involved with the games since 2000, I feel that Game Freak haven't really tried to break the formula even sporadically. It's hard to tell if that will ever change.

To be honest, I don't think we're getting anything like this soon. I'd love it, but I think that GF are under the impression that things like Ranger and Mystery Dungeon are sufficient for this, and although I've played both and find them to be enjoyable (I wouldn't play through Ranger again, but I'm practically in love with MD, Blue rescue team anyway, I haven't played others) what I'm really after is a game that's asthetically the same, and acts the same as the main games, but has a completly different plot, perhaps one that even scraps Gyms altogether.

The Sevii Islands are the quintessential example for a quest that doesn't have to do with Gyms. I always find it surprising that some fans liked the Battle Zone better simply because of the Battle Frontier, which is a gameplay feature that might as well be accessible from every Pokémon Center (to a certain extent it is). Game Freak didn't try to make the island very interesting; focusing its story on an uninspired Pokémon like Heatran was a big mistake, especially since in Platinum they had the perfect opportunity to continue the main story by making Dialga and Palkia a threat (Giratina wasn't said to stop their interference). The added Pluto subplot didn't contribute to anything, either.

I agree here, the Sevii Islands are by far my favourite new aspects that have been added into any game. I didn't mind the Battle Zone, mostly because it was just a nice suprise after beating the League, however now that you mention it, they probably could have done a lot more with it.

But the islands were full of allusions to Generation II, and the Rocket plot did shed light on the events during the generational gap. It is just that Game Freak failed to do address what the Lost Cave, Pattern Bush, Altering Cave, Dotted Hole, Tanoby Ruins and Braille inscriptions were all about, and there were no references to Ho-Oh, Lugia or Deoxys. If to make matters worse, we don't even have the slightest inkling as to the state of the islands in the HGSS period; if Cinnabar's volcano erupted, what happened to Mt. Ember?

This is why they need to revisit the Sevii Islands. They need to become a major part of a game, not just a side quest. The game I mentioned before, the one that would play the same, scrap Gyms etc could perhaps be based upon the Sevii Islands, although obviously not exclusively.

These are epic theories. GF really has to do something about this in B/W, even if it's just a cameo. We can't put together this mysterious puzzle until we get all the pieces. Minor areas like the sevii Islands and the Battle Zone need to be explained, and there are also tiny mysteries in the games. Altering Cave. I saw the Pedia article on it, I never knew its purpose. But how? How are the near-identical caves in 2 different regions connected? They aren't even connected regions like Kanto and Johto, they're Kanto and Hoenn. How do different Pokémon appear randomly in the cave after connecting with another game? Even more suspicious, it only appears after beating the Elite 4 (I think). This special cave obviously has a connection to the Unown. My theory? Mewtwo was created in the lab, right? After it escaped it fled off to the cave in Kanto. He made it by making a hole in the cliff, and his mystic energy caused the Unown to appear. They somehow interconnected Kanto and Hoenn, making an identical cave in Hoenn. This mystic force is what makes different Pokémon appear.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, the Pokémon that appear are from Johto because of the Unown.

Last edited:
Oh thank goodness, I thought it was dead

and there are also tiny mysteries in the games. Altering Cave. I never knew its purpose. But how? How are the near-identical caves in 2 different regions connected?

This special cave obviously has a connection to the Unown. My theory? Mewtwo was created in the lab, right? After it escaped it fled off to the cave in Kanto. He made it by making a hole in the cliff, and his mystic energy caused the Unown to appear. They somehow interconnected Kanto and Hoenn, making an identical cave in Hoenn. This mystic force is what makes different Pokémon appear.

Quite far fetched, but not entirely impossible. Unown pop up all over the show unexplained. Obviously the main connection from their world to ours is the Ruins of Alph, but there's also the ones in Solaceon and Quest Island. Where did ANY of these connections come from? Although I love the idea of Mewtwo being involved somehow, it's not likely, however I WOULD like them to expand on his story more.
I guess it's similar to my theory about the connections to Turnback cave and Lost cave. I reckon Lost cave is also an area that's connected to the Distortion world, and if there IS a future game with the Sevii Islands, I'd like to see a plot involving Giratina using it to escape again.

...um... Altering Cave is in the Sevii Islands... and not related to Mewtwo at all. Mewtwo's in Cerulean Cave. Always has been.

the family North of Mauville city claim that there son would smash you in a battle.........the son must be Steven

the family North of Mauville city claim that there son would smash you in a battle.........the son must be Steven

No, this son is in the victory road in Hoenn... sorry to dissapoint you...

Steven ist the son of Mr. Devon.

...um... Altering Cave is in the Sevii Islands... and not related to Mewtwo at all. Mewtwo's in Cerulean Cave. Always has been.

yeah but isn't it possible that before Mewtwo went to the Altering Cave first, before the player even knew Mewtwo existed?

I personally think it's Farfetch'D (lol), but still, open your eyes to all the incredible possibilities of stories and plot twists that we could have! :ksmile:

Lemme throw something out there:

Chuck Norris is what Willis was talkin' about.

Oops, that's not the right theory!

Alright.... Cynthia is Barry's biological mother. How? First, let's take a look-see at their appearances. Both are tall and have long limbs (Cynthia to the point of looking disporportionate), similar face structure, and similar curls in their similarly colored hair. Barry took the rest from Palmer.

Her attitude in the game really doesn't matter, since she was only getting close to you, because of the potential she saw in you, and probably no longer felt any emotion for her son. Of course, there is evidence in how the woman implied to be his mother (the person at his house) seems to show little emotion for him either, almost as if she wanted him to be gone the whole time. If this is true, it would never be implied to you, because it would be none of your business to know.

And another one....

The church in Jubilife worships Chuck Norris, Mr.T, and Vin Diesel, not Arceus.

Last edited:
I know this is probably un-related and doesn't belong in this thread, but I have always wondered why statues and sprites appear throughout the games of Rhydon. I only bring it up because I previous user mentioned it in this thread. I think I read once that it was the first Pokemon created by Game Freak, and is first in the index coding whatchamajigger, but I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me? Statures, menu sprites for the 2nd Gen, the Substitute sprite, these all confuse me!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom