• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Simple Question / Simple (or not so) Answer thread Mark II

Who did you pick?

• Dialga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palkia

• Giratina

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning so any excess moisture won't destroy my DS lite. I shall update tomorrow!

I have heard that putting a cell phone that got wet in a zip lock baggy full of rice helps, maybe try that with the game card?

Would it make a difference to the game if you delete/release hacked Pokemon? Or to clarify, if I release all my hacked Pokemon, will the chance of file corruption minimise?

I have heard that putting a cell phone that got wet in a zip lock baggy full of rice helps, maybe try that with the game card?

No need, IT'S ALIVE!!! MUAHAHAHA! lol (thanks for the concern)

Ok,two questions:
1, Since I'm going to restart Pearl soon, What starter should I get, Chimchar or Piplup? (I've already had Turtwig for Pearl and Platinum so thats already said and done)
2, What Wonder Card events can be transferred via DS Wireless Connection? (Other than the secret key)

Would it make a difference to the game if you delete/release hacked Pokemon? Or to clarify, if I release all my hacked Pokemon, will the chance of file corruption minimise?

Unless you were able to recreate Missingo (I'm sure I misspelled it but meh), I don't think it will mess up your game/ it will minimize corruption.

Last edited:

Hacked Pokemon do not increase or decrease the chances of corrupting your save file. As long as you're careful with your game physically, your save file will be fine.

1, Since I'm going to restart Pearl soon, What starter should I get, Chimchar or Piplup? (I've already had Turtwig for Pearl and Platinum so thats already said and done)

Chimchar is very good from the beginning; keep in mind it's Attack and Speed orientated. Piplup, on the other hand, is very hard to use and train and isn't particularly useful until it's an Empoleon and after you've burned some TMs on it. Keep in mind it is, completely unlike Chimchar, defense orientated. If you're looking for a challenge, go with Piplup. If you want an easier (and in my opinion, more fun) experience, go with Chimchar.

2, What Wonder Card events can be transferred via DS Wireless Connection? (Other than the secret key)

None of them can, aside from the Secret Key, unfortunately.

Is there any possible way to still get the Yellow Forest and the (I think it is called this) Victory Path Pokewalker Routes?

Is it me or is it really difficult to find heart scales in HG/SS? I've smashed a lot of rocks and have a whole lot of red/blue/yellow/green shards, revives, ethers... but I haven't found even one heart scale. Or... am I doing it wrong?

Pokemon training vs. caught wild

Will a pokemon be stronger if it is hatched from an egg and leveled up? For instance, if I caught a level 20 pinsir would it be just as strong as a pinsir that I hatched as an egg and raised up to level 20? I thought that was the case in Gold/Silver/Chrystal (for game boy color), but with natures and what not, I was wondering if it really makes a difference.

Any pros and cons to either method? Thanks for your help!!!

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, I am not sure where this type of question belongs.)

So I was using the IV check AR code and accidentally saved after. I didn't realize it would keep my stats at the levels of the IV's, so now my level 49 rotom has 17 hp and everything else is about the same. Is there any way I can recover one save file back, or reverse the effects of the code with another one? or am I just screwed?

Edit: NVM put it in the pc and it seemed to work itself out

Last edited:
This pretty much doesn't mean much to me as I don't own Platinum anymore (nor do I intend to), but if you knocked out the DW Giratina, and re-encounter it in the Turnback Cave, will its IVS/nature differ each time?

Just got a little curious...

This pretty much doesn't mean much to me as I don't own Platinum anymore (nor do I intend to), but if you knocked out the DW Giratina, and re-encounter it in the Turnback Cave, will its IVS/nature differ each time?

Just got a little curious...

The IVs/nature are randomly generated when you encounter the Pokemon. This doesn't apply to roaming Pokemon (the IVs/nature are determined when the Pokemon is released from its original location).

Without EV's, is it physically possible for a Choice scarf Muk to outspeed a Jolly Aerodactyl?

Without EV's, is it physically possible for a Choice scarf Muk to outspeed a Jolly Aerodactyl?
Jolly Aerodactyl's speed range with no EVs is 291-325
Muk's max speed (upping nature, 31 IVs, 252 EVs) with choice scarf is 327

Basically Muk will need maximum speed, Aerodactyl will have to have no EVs

Jolly Aerodactyl's speed range with no EVs is 291-325
Muk's max speed (upping nature, 31 IVs, 252 EVs) with choice scarf is 327

Basically Muk will need maximum speed, Aerodactyl will have to have no EVs
Well my Aerodactyl definetly has speed EV's...I knew that guy was a hacker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom