• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misty Club

Confirm/deny: Misty is awesome.

• Confirm

Votes: 550 84.0%
  • Deny, also I support terrorism

Votes: 105 16.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seconded. I also don't follow each episode, just when there happens something big like Pokemon League, which is right now. I rather was spending time to observe anime story to know if Misty shows up. But if she isn't at the end of DP saga, I will probably give up of following where anime goes. It costs me too many nerves.

BTW. Misty didn't appear in todays episode. Try luck in next week. :(

Don't expect that from any of the 3 Ash Vs. Paul episodes, nobody will be taking focus away from the battle.
Not even TR.
The episodes focus on the battle, only.

I don't know if it will happen, but your best chances are in DP190 & 191.

Someone actually revealed the synopsis for those from Japan and that brings even more bad news. Misty aka Kasumi is not mentioned anywhere in them which I see as a very bad sign.

Misty has been my fave character for ever.

She KICKS ASS!!! i love how much violence was in the show before she left. Now there is little and well *looks up at clock* damn it, i forgot to watch pokemon. ..... anyway back to the subject, i hate how they got rid of her then started to love Dawn and May and HATE Misty. Really. If you dont like Misty, then you really cant be a big fan of the show then. All the best episodes were back when she was still here

Wouldn't something like that... be left as a surprise?

I need to see some past synopses of The Scheme Team and The Princess And The Togepi (Japanese pre-release ones of course) to confirm this. But I am getting suspicious. And as for the new member I think that way too, you really need to experience the older episodes if you are a fan of the new show. Who knows with some it could be a case of them liking Misty more or even far more than May or Dawn.

Someone actually revealed the synopsis for those from Japan and that brings even more bad news. Misty aka Kasumi is not mentioned anywhere in them which I see as a very bad sign.

I have read those synopsis. And I think they aren't revealing much. Maybe Misty will be there, but they don't think it's revelant to inform us. I don't know how it was back then in AG, so I'm not completely sure how they may think.

Don't worry guys, synopsis only talks about how the episode starts, it isn't a summary of the episode.

Wait for the VA list and hope Mayumi Iizuka is in it.

True, that type of list should be coming out pretty soon for the last two Diamond and Pearl episodes. Then I will see if what I hoped for is going to become a reality or whether it was in vain.

Guys, this is my favourite facepalm picture:

13507586.png

Oh,In any ways..Misty really looks so cute..

TV Tokyo program preview page has revealed that they will be announcing new protagonist for upcoming Pokemon Best Wishes Anime.
I guess they will introduce him/her after the episode.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/19406_201008261900.html

japan japan japan

Pocket Monster Best Wishes New Protagonist finally revealed!

by Serebii Forums

OMG! OMG! First what I thought is Misty. Is this possible after so many years? Hooh! My heart is throbbing like... I don't know.

Last edited:
by Serebii Forums

OMG! OMG! First what I thought is Misty. Is this possible after so many years? Hooh! My heart is throbbing like... I don't know.

I'm hoping,it would be MISTY!

by Serebii Forums

Im not going to be downer here,and having Misty back as a main charactrer again would be great.
However chances are very smnall for this,but if writers are really trrying to have another group of four like they did in Hoenn,posibillity of one o oldr characers being brought exists.
Things which go in Mistys favor are:
-Its kinda doubtful writers will add three new characters in BW with only Ash out of older ones being there.Having another older one would stabilize cast in my opinion.
-considering she hasnt been seen for a long time,since 2005 not appearing at all in Sinnoh someone could say how writers purposely did this because of planning to have her return for somehing bigger like return to cast.Logically speaking,you don bring someone for cameo,have him leave and return again right before you intend to have him join to group.
-Its common knowkleadge how Misty was replaced without getting enough deelopment,with her story being left unfinished(her goal obviously cant be achieved at gym),so from anime perspective reasons for return is there.
-bringing her back would give something new for younger kids being like new character for them,bringing something refreshing for older fans with her great personality and pokemon providing nice continuity to previous regions.

But,despite this i wouldnt hold much hope for fourth character(if there is indeed group of four) being Misty in Isshu.Possible?Yes.Likely?Not so much.

I'm a fan of Misty, too! Though I really don't see this new protagonist being Misty. The director did say that they wouldn't bring back the original trio, but with Brock leaving it could be a possibility - but unfortunately I do doubt Brock leaving just for Misty to return. It would be great to see her in DP191, but to return to the series as a main character? Maybe she could catch some of the new water pokemon, but it's not looking that promising.

Last edited:
It would be great to see her in DP191, but to return to the series as a main character? Maybe she could catch some of the new water pokemon, but it's not looking that promising.

Well thats just one of many reasons she could start journey again.
Others would be to advance her goal,to experuence new things and expand her horizonts collecting valuablke knowleadhge she could get from travelling,and since she is adventurer this fits her character.
Her goal was actually to become water pokemon master which means being stronges or one of best water trainers in world being at least on E4 if not higher level,and Whirl Cup proved how there exist tass which someone needs to pass to achieve this goal.
At gym she cant really accomplish this.

And while Misty has matured alot since early days comin long way,in realiy if she were to travell again to improve her skills as a trainer more,that wouldnt be so strange.One of good examples is Wallace,he was once gym leader setting for a journey to improve himself as trainer later on becoming Hoenn champion,contest master and one of top water trainers in world.

Similar to Mistys case to certain extent,and if i remember correctly in Gold and Silver when you deafeat Misty she says how she is planning to travell one day to meet stronger trainers to battle them,so with game canon this fits nicely too.

Afterall reason Misty returned back to gym was out of obligation as "Gotta Catch Ya Later" showed,and reason she stayed was more because of sisters incompetence not having anyone to rely on.Infact in one of chronicle episodes "A Date With Delcatty"in original Japanese versionand in some cameos she expressed dissapintment with gym,stating how she has no choice but to stay there,implying desire to travell again.

So while i understand pessimistic nature coming from some of her fans,her return for a season or two to get more development and opportunity to tie up some loose ends in her story,actually getting to see her more than what were getting now(which is basically nothing)would be a good hing.To me anyway.

Doesnt mean it will happen,though.

And while Misty has matured alot since early days comin long way,in realiy if she were to travell again to improve her skills as a trainer more,that wouldnt be so strange.

actually, a lot of past characters have matured on the show. take a look at ash; he isn't a noobish trainer anymore. he's become wise and cautious. as of hoenn, the writers decided to make him a lot more mature. same goes for gary. as for misty, when she appeared back in hoenn, she didn't fight with ash like she used to do. she was calm and... not cantankerous. though because her personality changed, many people think she got dull after the johto saga. they shouldn't blame her though; they should blame the writers, because they handled her in a poor manner once she left the show.

it's such a shame.

i hope she makes an appearance in isshu though. water pokémon competition, pokémon musical, whatever. as long as the writers make her a little more *edgy*, i won't mind. i definitely don't want to see the misty from the hoenn saga/kanto battle frontier saga. i want the old misty, the misty who was blunt and who joked around. she doesn't have to be exactly like she were before, but she has to have some sort of personality. the new misty doesn't have a personality; she's generic and bland. if she were to appear, she should keep her maturity, but she'd have to be aggressive at times.

as for misty, when she appeared back in hoenn, she didn't fight with ash like she used to do. she was calm and... not cantankerous. though because her personality changed, many people think she got dull after the johto saga. they shouldn't blame her though; they should blame the writers, because they handled her in a poor manner once she left the show.

Excuse me but ill have to disagree with this completely. Change through Misty went only made her better character and more interesting.True after getting Togepi she calmed down a bit but this wasnt her only personality trait which makes her such a great character,not at all.Thanks to this her other traits which were overshadowed by temper came on surface like sarcasm,kindness,deep love for water types,determination etc.

Problem in Johto was coming due to said character not receiving enough screentime sometimes not having opportunity to interact,but whenever she got starring role in episodes her qualities and interaction came to expression.Personality was fine but there should have been more spotlight centered around her.If writers were good as they are now,there would be no problems with that region.

as long as the writers make her a little more *edgy*, i won't mind. i definitely don't want to see the misty from the hoenn saga/kanto battle frontier saga. i want the old misty, the misty who was blunt and who joked around. she doesn't have to be exactly like she were before, but she has to have some sort of personality.
the new misty doesn't have a personality; she's generic and bland. if she were to appear, she should keep her maturity, but she'd have to be aggressive at times.

First it seems you dont understand what having personality means,because Misty from Hoenn and BF definitely had personality and was anything but "bland".

If characters develop,you cant expect them being completely same like they weee before.Early Misty was impatient girl being ready to explode at every moment,while having her soft side,but as time went on she started to learn how to control herself keping her temper under control with other traits which define her character starting coming out on surface more opening more herself and her secrets to others.

As we saw later on during chronicles and cameos Misty has developed into more responsible person being filled with selfconfidence not being insequre in herself so much like she used to be with her temperative side being used before as "shield" to try to cover her vulnerable spots.

As its been showed her main traits are being kept being sarcastic,witty,spunky,having bugphobia etc with some new ones being added.She is hotheaded and stubborn aswell,and when provoked enough as Hoenn cameo showed is capable of exploding sometimes too.She is still redhead we know and like,it just happens she is more grown up and mature as person at this point and time(just like its case with people in real life).I find her development being nice thing,giving her more depth making her overall more realistic and enjoyable to watch.

New Misty is nice mix of old and new still being abit hothead as her cameos showed instead of anger in nowdwys having twendency to tease her friends(mainly Ash,but sometimes Brock too),haing doze of spunk in herself,aswell becoming more independant not needing others so much to rely on.
We can see that in Hoenn cameo or Battle Frontier.

In Hoenn cameo with Togepi,Misty showed how much more she became responsible since eartly days,having some great moments interacting with her old friends teasing Ash,putting Brock under control and showing how attached she was to Togepi and emotional being "breaked inside" when Hanson stoled her Togepi being willing to defend him with everything she got with rage being waked inside her,aswell leaving impression on everyone else(especially with Her Gyarados and her determination),and who could forgett that goodbye scene she had with Togetic leaving him knowing hat its best for him.

Or in Battle Frontier when she knew what to do when she was lost with Max being like "older sister" to him bonding nicely finding connection they share of having older siblings,with Max admiring her battling skils(when used refresh)and her strenght and resourcefulness acting wisely and responsible for him.
Anothere whole dimension was showed in here.

You couldnt naturally expect seeing her angry in here,or same kind of interacing she showed in chronicles or her first cameo because how will character act depends on episode and situation under which he is put in.However by watching all hosos and camos we can see complete Mistys character she became since beginning days,showing her old habits and side aswell reveaking new oines,innfuture potentially groing more as trainer,person and friend.

In fact if you want to know her cameos were one of episodes with highest TV ratings with many people liking plot and Mistys character in them.

Im sorry to hear that you are not satisfied but majority of her fanbase likes way she has developed with many people finding this being positive and step forward for her,wanting that she returns to main cast to get justice and proper development to finish untied plots in her story and bring chemistry which only her character could provide.

I respect your opinion,but i cannot agree with you because way Misty has developed only added more dimensions to her character making her character more deep and entertaining to many of us.

False alarm. That wasn't Misty. That was new Ash.

One of the best moments of Misty and her companions:

A-good-cosplay-of-Team-Rocket-pokemon-9740598-800-600.jpg

I think that at this rate memories and reruns are all we will have left of her. Something needs to be done in order to change this no question about it.

False alarm. That wasn't Misty. That was new Ash.

One of the best moments of Misty and her companions:

A-good-cosplay-of-Team-Rocket-pokemon-9740598-800-600.jpg

*sniffs*
I miss the Original series,..
Misty really makes the best companion for Ash and Brock..*my opinion only*

Or in Battle Frontier when she knew what to do when she was lost with Max being like "older sister" to him bonding nicely finding connection they share of having older siblings,with Max admiring her battling skils(when used refresh)and her strenght and resourcefulness acting wisely and responsible for him.
Anothere whole dimension was showed in here.

She's really that caring for her friends and for others as well,
MIsty is really something you can admire,and for that cameo,Misty takes the part as some-like-sibling to each other,
Even she didn't much battle in her cameo,she did an interesting part in the show,as well as reuniting with Ash and Brock,and making fans to watch POkemon with Misty again,
She's really something..that may higher up the ratings,hoping her return will be a reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom