• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym leaders/ Pokémon League

Hold it so the Sommelier Triplets have Yooterii on their team (judging by that one shot).

Hmm, interesting type choice, I guess that would be a nice lead into Aloe.

It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't just have the final 8th Leader of Sinnoh be Electric.

Seems like they really hated Poison this Gen.

I'm still in a corner because, despite five generations, we still have no Dark-type Gym Leader. Yet the following types from the last generation are repeated- Grass, Water, Electric, and Ice.

And Japan drops the ball on Ice Badge names for the second generation in a row. Seriously, Japan, stop taking our Ice Badge names. First they stole Glacier and now Icicle. Get your own damn badge names, guys. :lol:

Also, Iris is a Gym Leader too? Seriously, are there any new anime characters that AREN'T in the Pokémon League? :rolleyes: Ten bucks says Shooti and Don George are in the Elite Four.

But yeah, another Bug and Dragon Gym is sweet. Kind of wish there was a DARK Gym though.

I'm still in a corner because, despite five generations, we still have no Dark-type Gym Leader. Yet the following types from the last generation are repeated- Grass, Water, Electric, and Ice.

Well I say be glad that the grass and water are all from one gym.

I think it's fine that we have grass and water again, since they're conditional, but yeah, kinda disappointed that we're still not getting a dark gym yet as well.

I don't think we'll get a Volkner/Candice repeat this time though...it seems, judging by Melkor's list, each of the types have plenty to work with. I'm guessing for headliners...

Aloe = Baffuron
Bug = Bug/Steel Beetle or Kurumiru's Final Form
Electric = Shimama's Evolution
Ground = Final Form of Megroco
Flying = Wargle
Ice = The Ice Mirror
Dragon = Ononokusu

Although given the apparent lack of Poison types in the Isshu dex, a Poison gym leader's team would suck worse than Flint's in DP...
Are you kidding?

They've delt with worse stuff before. A Leader can also double-up on a Pokemon if needed, or use a Pokemon and its evolved form if necessary.

Plus, there's at least 7 Poison Pokemon speculated at and a leader normally needs no more than 3-5. It might not be the prettiest sight (especially for Poison Pokemon), but it's doable.

I will conceed to the fact that there are a lot more interesting Electric Pokemon out there in this gen, meaning the potential for a better fight is available. Let's just hope they utilize that variety.

That's the one thing that bothers me. Technically, it's 4 generations (gen I didn't have the Dark type), but still. And if anyone of the E4 ends up being a Dark type trainer (again!), I'll be seriously annoyed.

Otherwise, things look great.

I find it strange we aren't getting a triple battle for a gym battle (though it is a possibility they could just use 1 person for that).

But anyway I wonder if in Pokemon Gray (or the third version) the Sommelier triplets will be a triple battle.

Wow so Iris is a gym leader after all. I had thought of that possibility recently but dispelled the thought thinking that it was just unlikely. But to be the eighth gym leader, that should be interesting to see in the anime. Meanwhile I'm surprised at the amount of female gym leaders this time, not that I have a problem with it or anything.

NONONONONO. No triple battles. BAD. Next thing you know, triple typing, 12 gyms, 6 elite four members... it all goes downhill from here...

I honestly don't care which types the gym leaders are, except I don't want one that fire is weak against. Like it has been in the past. Cuz that's annoying... especially with Geodude EVERY GENERATION. I mean seriously...?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom