• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW001: To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow! & BW002 Iris and Kibago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the true secret to aging is = Ash Ketchum.

So far, it looks to me like Best Wishes will be another Kanto-Indigo arc with only Ash having a quest. Dent will likely be a Brock. Iris I initially thought might do something relating to a plot in Black White. But after revealing to also be a gym leader in the game, she might be another Misty, except she has a dragon in her hair instead of an egg around her arms.

Miju is extremely cute! Also, all these Pokémon they showed at the beginning (bambi, Mamepato...) were all so cute!
Looks like Miju likes Ash so I guess Araragi will give it to Ash or something like that
I really loved that scene where we see Reshiram and Zekrom "fuse" to form the world - that scene was just extremely awesome! The world really IS a combination of nature and technology!
God, how can Pokémon be so extremely awesome on impossible levels?! How can something SO good exist?! <3

Satoshi is 10 years old.

*laughes at anyone who believed otherwise*
The official site's mailbag confirmed characters don't age, they did it years ago... also, just watching the show should make it obvious
I always hated the ridiculous age discussions, hopefully that stops now...

I sure hope that the writers don't make the mistake of making them merely side characters like Misty and Brock were in the first few seasons.

Did you read my post about that text that appears at the beginning of every opening song in the Japanese version?
It used to say this is "Ash's story" during the original series and the AG series
Then in DP they changed it to "Ash and Dawn's story" and now in BW it's back to "Ash's story"
So it seems like Iris will play smaller role than Dawn... Dento also really seems to play a role similar to Brock... so I don't know, maybe they'll be Misty and Brock done right
Also, since Ash is the only star again, I'm totally convinced that he'll get all three starters... May was a secondary star and Dawn was an equal star, so they could get starters... only time a sidekick got a starter was Brock's Mudkip and we all know how that ended... so yeah, I doubt Iris/Dento will own any starters - they'll all go to Ash, since they'll want starters to be seen often

chara_img09.gif

chara_img10.gif

Joy looks like a 12 year girl.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but one of the official site updates are profiles for a handful of new pokemon, including Chillarmy, Tabunne, Hihidaruma (yay!), Munna and Musharna. Munna and Tabunne were already a given, but I guess the other 3 will all be seen relatively early in the series. Good, good. Quite frankly, wide awake Musharna couldn't arrive soon enough.

Here's hoping I don't open a can of worms...

Have they said who will be doing voices for the dub? Or will we not know that until later?

It's just a question so please don't kill me! Also, if it's already been answered in this topic, my bad. I really didn't feel like going through 31 pages.

^Nope
wait for the DP series to end, i don't think they will put the Va info on the official website you will have to wait for the 1st episode to air and see the credits to know.

I hope they at least show Ash in Pallet Town at the beginning and where he got the idea to go to Isshu. I really hate plot holes.

I hope they at least show Ash in Pallet Town at the beginning and where he got the idea to go to Isshu. I really hate plot holes.

Some of the previews show him in his room so it's a safe bet that BW001 will start off in Pallet

As I said yesterday, the beginning of the show starts off that way.

Here's what the director was saying about the Rockets on Pokemon Sunday yesterday:

Eh, it was harder than I've primarily thought. The director mumbles for most of the time he speaks about the Rockets... :/ However, the general idea is, since the TRio has been so far hopeless, they get to join Team Rocket's great conspiracy this time. He also says something about Satoshi's role in all of this and that it will be some great story...

There's also text showing up below that says: Team Rocket's highlight: the great Team Rocket's conspiracy!

Could Satoshi's role in this be to take the Rockets down?

Could someone please give me a link to the video where Mijumaru is stalking Ash? xD I'm a stalker as well, I stalk all info on Mijumaru.

Thanks!

Could Satoshi's role in this be to take the Rockets down?
Wow.

I'd most certainly like that, and I must say that I'm very intrigued with that whole Team Rocket conspiracy thing. Who knows what Giovanni is up to? Also, what will happen with Team Plasma if plot of Best Wishes focuses on Rockets? Or will the two plots interfere? :-|

Considering that it looks like Oak invites Ash and Delia to Isshu, it really won't be a plot hole at all. So Ash going to Isshu will definitely be explained.

BW didn't even start and already I love it! Iris, I'm super excited for! She appears to be very fun, and her as well as Kibago are so cute! Shooti seems cool, and so does Dento!

Team Rocket being more serious is nothing but epic win!!! I can't believe that this saga is bringing us so much awesomeness, and it didn't even start. I love it!

I'm not expecting it to last though. Funny!TR is infinitly more interesting then Threating!TR.

Seriously. Haven't we learned our lessons yet about expecting any sort of real plot with the Rocket-Dan?

It'll be cool if it happens, don't get me wrong. But I'm taking an "I'll believe it when I see it" approach.

I'm not expecting it to last though. Funny!TR is infinitly more interesting then Threating!TR.

I agree. I don't mind seeing other more threatening Team Rocket members, but I also don't think that they'll make Jessie, James and Meowth serious villains after being comedy relief all this time. Making them more threatening and competent for a whole series feels like a stress to me. Though, like Dogasu mentioned, I wouldn't mind if we did get an interesting story from Team Rocket, but I'm also not betting money on it happening either.

Can we consider Ash to be the anime version of both Red and Black now? His new outfit looks almost exactly like Black's.
Nevermind that Black himself is similar to Red.

Can we consider Ash to be the anime version of both Red and Black now? His new outfit looks almost exactly like Black's.
Nevermind that Black himself is similar to Red.
Yes I think we can do. I'd even say Ash is also the anime version of Ethan, since this one wasn't introduced in the DP/HGSS era while Lyra did.
Now I'd like to see White/Cheren/Bel in the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom