• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "THATS NOT POSSIBLE" moments

I had like 40 Ultra Balls when I took on Suicune in SS. I used my 3 Quick Balls, first. Failed. Battled it down to red and had it paralyzed. Used alllll my Ultra Balls. Used my Timer Balls (I had 7 or so). All I had left was a single Poke Ball. Threw it for s and g. Caught it.

...Whaaaaaat. Also, Raikou is the one I can't catch in this game (it was always Entei before, and this seems to be a common problem from what I've seen). But it ALWAYS shows up when I DON'T want it to. REEEAAAALLLL good at avoiding me when I decide to try for it, though...

You're lucky that HGSS isn't like Crystal in that case, haha. Raikou was the hardest for me to catch on Gold, as well. I nabbed Entei in a greatball with a bit of difficulty, and nabbed Suicune soon afterwards, but Raikou... man, that bitch can press your buttons. Ate at least 30 of my Ultraballs and always had a knack for waking up early and Roaring itself out (not that the other two didn't). I caught it on my 21st hour (gametime, not an actual 21-hour attempt -_-), though, but that fucker annoyed me so much that even at level 73, I have it in the box.

i went to go chain the swarm pokemon of the day (skitty) in hopes of a shiny in pearl on route 222. i go out to the route and set up my repel and start to chain. first patch i walk into: A FRIKIN SHINY FLOATZEL!!! :-D i was like O_O. the patch of grass wasnt even a shiny patch! i was upset it was a floatzel though because that was my 2nd shiny floatzel :goof:

The battle factory always has the perfect counter to all of my Pokemon. For example my last Pokemon was Torrtera with Frenzy Plant, EQ, Hyper Beam and Leech Seed while the NPC had a Crobat with Sludge Bomb AND Air Slash >:|

When i tryed to catch mewtwo 16 times in lg and end up killing him/him killing him self with struggle or me wasting all my balls.

so on my 17 try i just whip a pokeball at him full hp no satus problem and catch him =O

When i lent my Platinum to my friend, and when i took it again, she simply caught a butterfree with my master ball and corrupted my save file. F***!!

I was playing Pokemon Stadium 2, and i was using rentals to see if i could win all the cups (harder then it looks) and all i had left was a gengar, (which is one of my favourites in the stadium games)and a wobbuffet. the trainer, used a seel, and my tactic on the games is always Hypnosis+Dreameater/Nightmare so i decide to do that, but it fails and seel hits me with an ice beam, taking me down to just below half hp left.

So next turn i use it again, but this time it works and i use nightshade just to lower its health even more. So seel is on 4 hp and the trainer switches it out; for Staryu on full health. It hydro pumps me..its all over,Gengar has been KO'd. So i switch to my only remaining pokemon; Wobbuffet.

The only offensive attacks he had were Counter and mirror coat, so i knew staryu had to attack first to even have a chance of winning. so it used hydro pump, and my mirror coat misses, so it hydro pumps again.. critial hit im down to around 50HP so i used mirror coat again, and it 1 Hit KO'd Staryu. Seel comes back out and uses ice beam, and misses! so my attack missed too.. but the next turn it hit, leaving me on around 15HP, and i use mirror coat and win the battle :) i was really proud that day haha

Trying to catch Houndour in my Japanese SS to use in my new HG game. Bear in mind that Houndour only appears 5% at night in this one, scrawny route (aside from the Safari Zone, but that's another story why I can't go there) so I'm there, battling, running, avoiding all the normal Pokés that appear there, and then, after two or three hours, just when I'm about to rant on Twitter about it, there's a Houndour! And my Pikachu with Thunder Wave's infront! I poise for battle! ...Only for it to use roar.

I stared at the screen for a good half minute. It may not be as weird/bad as some of the ones already posted, but damn... orz For me, that was totally a 'THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE' moment.

Playing the original Silver, and was going into the Ecruteak theatre, when, inside, my character goes all glitchy, then in the battles with the Kimono Girls, they have Mewtwos the same colours as their respective Eeveelutions.

I still have the pinch-marks on my arm to prove it.

In trying to trade over some pokemon I had to catch a few throw away pokemon like Bidoof and Starly first.

They're so low level, tossing a pokeball usually catches them on the first time and it does. Now this is probably more bad luck than anything else, but I must have tossed 4 pokeballs at this one Level 2 Starly and the dang thing kept breaking free. I had a low level pokemon on me and tackled it to about 1/2 HP and tossed a Great Ball. It breaks free. I toss about 4 more balls to catch the thing on principle. This catch shouldn't have been so hard. FML

I don't want to use my Master Ball until I get to Latias, so I try to catch Ho-oh with Ultra Balls. 5 times I run out of Ultra Balls. Ho-oh is in the red zone and paralyzed. I fail to catch it. I hand the game to my brother. He catches Ho-oh after only 3 Ultra Balls.

In SS, I false Swipe Mewtwo down to exactly 1 HP, put it to sleep and start throwing balls. After 40 failed Dusk Balls, along with several Ultra and Heavy Balls, it struggles itself to fainting. I retry and set up sleeping 1 HP again and catch it in about 3 Dusk Balls. Later that day, trying to catch Suicune in Dusk Balls at night with sleep and 1 HP, it takes 30 Dusk Balls before it finally stays caught. Lucky I bought 99 Dusk Balls before going out to catch legends!

These are not exaggerations, I actually used a few more than 40 and 30 Dusk Balls in these situations, but I don't remember exactly how many more.

Back in Crystal I had a Bulbasaur I was raising without evolving; after level 50 it stopped getting healed at the Pokémon Center. The rest of my team would heal fine, but not Bulbasaur. I thought if I let it evolve into Ivysaur at level 51 the glitch would fix - still wouldn't heal. At level 52 I tried one more time and let it evolve into Venusaur - it healed. Weird.

Ok so I just caught Lugia in my Hg a few days ago. Wanna know how? I was using a walkthrough on YouTube, battled Lugia, and threw tons of Ultra Balls at him, a Dusk Ball, a Heavy ball, a Heal ball, all were broken. I threw a Great ball (Note he was Parelised and in the red zone) and it went...
wobble wobble...
wtf? It didn't do that to any other ball...
Wobble wobble...
Oh gowd. I know it's going to break.
Wobble wobble...
And right now...
CLICK!
WTF IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BREAK!!!

When I was using Metronome with a Pokémon, on one turn it called up an attack, and then the next turn when I used Metronome again... it was the same move as before. That's like, a chance of 1 in 500 of happening.

Ok so I just caught Lugia in my Hg a few days ago. Wanna know how? I was using a walkthrough on YouTube, battled Lugia, and threw tons of Ultra Balls at him, a Dusk Ball, a Heavy ball, a Heal ball, all were broken. I threw a Great ball (Note he was Parelised and in the red zone) and it went...
wobble wobble...
wtf? It didn't do that to any other ball...
Wobble wobble...
Oh gowd. I know it's going to break.
Wobble wobble...
And right now...
CLICK!
WTF IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BREAK!!!
This is like a moment I had, but with Heatran in Platinum.

I caught Ho-oh on my second ultra ball and I was like YES!!!!!! and then it took my friend almost all of his twice (he had to start over because he ran out the first time)

In trying to trade over some pokemon I had to catch a few throw away pokemon like Bidoof and Starly first.

They're so low level, tossing a pokeball usually catches them on the first time and it does. Now this is probably more bad luck than anything else, but I must have tossed 4 pokeballs at this one Level 2 Starly and the dang thing kept breaking free. I had a low level pokemon on me and tackled it to about 1/2 HP and tossed a Great Ball. It breaks free. I toss about 4 more balls to catch the thing on principle. This catch shouldn't have been so hard. FML

I've had a worse situation involving trade fodder:

A Wild Pidgey appeared!
Me: Go, Politoed!
*throws quick ball*
*quick ball breaks without shaking once*
Me: What the hell? I caught Ho-oh on my first try with that!
Politoed, use Hypnosis!
Wild Pidgey falls asleep.
*throws great ball*
bwip, bwip, *breaks*
Me: What is this? Am I cursed?
Go, Farfech'd!
Farfech'd, use False Swipe!
Me: I may as well...I don't want to use my ultra ball.
*throws heal ball*
bwip, bwip, bwip,*breaks*
Me:?!?!?!?!?!?!?(too shocked for words)
*throws last ultra ball as a last resort in hopes of catching the wild pidgey*
bwp, bwip, bwip,*click*
Me: FINALLY!
*goes to cherrygrove's pokemart to buy more pokeballs, hoping that that situation never happens again*

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom