• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Free Battle Archives.

Which Gen. Has the Best Starters?

• 1st. (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 2nd (Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile)

• 3rd (Treeko, Torchic, Mudkip)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 4th (Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I'm gonna "bribe" you for an OU battle

message me
im not hunting you down

Re: I'm gonna "bribe" you for an OU battle

I'll battle you. Just use my SoulSilver FC. Also, turn off Voice Chat as it hurts my ears.

Battelah!

I reeeeeeeeeally want to battle someone interested in making the best battle video EVER. Lv 100 single, 1hko clause, freeze clause. And here are some prizes you could get for winning!

Poketopia Magmortar
Pokerus
Anything in this link other than hitmontop.
and also... be warned... penguin likes kicking ass.

UU BATTLE!!

FIGHT TO THE DEATH

6on6

edit: Wow, I'm sorry, but this forum is terrible for battling. I've battled 4 different people since putting up this thread.

Last edited:
Bored 3 vs 3

i'm bored, annyone wanna do a 3 vs 3 D/P battle (dont know if u can fight SS/HG with Diamond version)

Re: Bored 3 vs 3

I got platinum wanna fight i a hour? :D 3 vs 3 no übers? :D

oh sorry man my monitor is broken so kinda missed your message, but tonight I got a other screen so if u wanna battle tonight? :) or whenever today actually ^^

btw I never use ubers/legendary's. mostly I trade them for Items or other services ^^

Re: Bored 3 vs 3

Oh, and one can battle with any version, as long as it's in the same Gen. (Do you want me to battle you afterwards?)

Random Choice Battle

Random Choice Battle
The rules are admittedly a bit strange, but if anyone is interested, let me know. My main goal is to see how many people are into the idea of this kind of battle, and maybe make a tournament out of it.​

Rules for what Pokemon are used are as follows:
  1. Honesty policy is mandatory. You'll see why.
  2. All Pokemon are chosen by random, via random number generator, choosing between the range of 1-493, and choosing to select 12 random numbers at a time.
  3. Match the 12 numbers you get to the Pokemon that corresponds with it, via Natinal Pokedex listing, i.e., 3=Venusaur.
  4. If you get the number of a pre-evo, say 2, for Ivysaur, you may choose that Pokemon, or any following evolutions. This means that if you get the number 3, you may not choose Ivysaur.

To elaborate, if you get 79 for Slowpoke, you may choose Slowbro, or Slowking, however, if you roll 80 for Slowbro, you may not choose Slowpoke or Slowking.
  5. You may choose any 6 of the 12 Pokemon options given in the random number generator
  6. Getting the same number twice or more, or the same family occurrence twice or more (i.e., 135 for Jolteon and afterward a 134 for Vaporeon in the same roll of 12), all but the first number must be chosen again by random (in this instance, if 135 is rolled first, Jolteon is the only option of the entire Eevee family).
  7. Both battlers MUST post all 12 options before the battle begins. Just a fun rule that imitates the Revolution's way of See-6-Use-3.
  8. EDIT: If both sides agree to a re-roll, be it on one side or both, it's allowed. Not so much a rule really, but it's worth mentioning.
  9. EDIT: A voluntary re-roll is allowed for legendaries that can't be obtained in-game more than once i.e, Registeel. As I said, this is voluntary, meaning if you have said Pokemon that fits the criteria and want to use it, you may, however, if you can't get it/don't have it/don't want to use it, you may feel free to re-roll that number.
  10. EDIT: For any Pokemon with more than one form, the form is chosen by the roller, and is not required to be revealed before the battle. However, you can if you want. The Pokemon itself still has to be revealed. For example, rolling 479 for Rotom means you may choose any of the 6 forms, but the only thing required to post is the name Rotom.

Now, as for battle rules...

• No Ubers. If one of the 12 choices is Uber, as dubbed by Smogon Tiers, a new random number must be put in its place.
  • No two of the same family. (Remember, this is also a mandatory re-roll).
  • No double items.
  • No IV Hacking. These are all legit, in-game species. No "fair-hacking" of any kind, outside of teaching them tutor moves from previous Gens/XD or Colosseum moves/TMs that only occur once in-game.
  • No Evasion boosting moves. However, abilities like Sand Veil are still allowed.
  • No Accuracy lowering moves. However, moves that lower accuracy as a secondary effect, i.e. Mud Bomb, are allowed.
  • No OHKO moves.
  • Sleep Clauses and what not (which I believe are in-game, so I guess this goes without saying).
  • Auto-Level 50 Play. NOT Level 100.
  • Be a good sport, and remember, honesty policy

If I have to elaborate on any rules, I will, but for now, I just want to see who would be up for the idea. Because this would take time (breeding Pokes last minute and what not), just post a free time you have, and we can schedule accordingly.

The main purpose of this kind of battle is to try and break people away of standard match-ups and Tier restrictions (outside of Ubers). I expect there will be a good bit of diversity, and less strategy based off of specific threats, as there is a chance to see all but 25 Pokemon in this battle.

Once again, and I'll stress this, honesty policy goes here. I'm sure that's nothing to ask of anyone though. That means I'll be questioning the statistical anomaly of seeing 12 OU Top Dogs as options:nono:... but we'll see how it goes.​

The Users, teams, friend codes, and available times are as follows:
  • VanillaThunderbolt
    • 178-Xatu
    • 006-Charizard
    • 300-Skitty/Delcatty
    • 457-Lumineon
    • 347-Anorith/Armaldo
    • 304-Aron/Lairon/Aggron
    • 428-Lopunny
    • 246-Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar
    • 295-Exploud
    • 003-Venusaur
    • 172-Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu
    • 114-Tangela/Tangrowth
  • Ready to battle! FC: 2794 6614 9810; just about every night.
  • insomniac
    • Gastly/Haunter/Gengar
    • Jolteon
    • Luvdisc
    • Bayleef/Meganium
    • Clamperl
    • Snover/Abomasnow
    • Venosaur
    • Noctowl
    • Mawile
    • Phanpy/Donphan
    • Ekans/Arbok
    • Ditto
  • Ready to fight! 5PM-7PM GMT -7 Any afternoon.
  • Ella
    • Drowzee/ Hypno
    • Dragonite
    • Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
    • Paras/Parasect
    • Kakuna/Beedrill
    • Meowth/Persian
    • Slowking
    • Goldeen/Seaking
    • Wormadam
    • Venomoth
    • Gliscor
    • Teddiursa, Ursaring
  • Unkown times
  • minimag
    • Gible/Gabite
    • Corsola
    • Weavile
    • Suicune
    • Barboach/Whiscash
    • Mesprit
    • Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree
    • Hippowdon
    • Skarmory
    • Shelgon
    • Croagunk/Toxicroak
    • Infernape
  • Unkown times
  • I am not a he
    • 203 - Girafarig
    • 280 - Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade
    • 474 - Porygon-Z
    • 123 - Scyther/Scizor
    • 124 - Jynx
    • 164 - Noctowl
    • 367 - Huntail
    • 43 - Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume/Bellossom
    • 458 - Mantyke/Mantine
    • 245 - Suicune
    • 399 - Barboach/Whiscash
    • 442 - Spiritomb
  • Available weekends mostly.
  • Heathcliff Huxtable
    • 285 - Shroomish/Breloom
    • 242 - Blissey
    • 155 - Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion
    • 431 - Glameow/Purugly
    • 235 - Smeargle
    • 412 - Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim
    • 461 - Weavile
    • 181 - Ampharos
    • 240 - Magby/Magmar/Magmortar
    • 224 - Octillery
    • 282 - Gardevoir
    • 41 - Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
  • Ready to battle! FC: 3782 3037 9397
  • Troggy
    • 29 - Nidoran F / Nidorina / Nidoqueen
    • 188 - Skiploom / Jumpluff
    • 413 - Wormadam
    • 296 - Makuhita / Hariyama
    • 429 - Mismagius
    • 288 - Vigoroth / Slaking
    • 458 - Mantyke / Mantine
    • 228 - Houndour / Houndoom
    • 315 - Roselia / Roserade
    • 222 - Corsola
    • 33 - Nidorino / Nidoking
    • 221 - Piloswine / Mamoswine
  • Ready to battle!
  • Kirbychu
    • 122-Mr.Mime
    • 52-Meowth/Persian
    • 392-Infernape
    • 429-Mismagius
    • 473-Gastrodon
    • 330-Flygon
    • 191-Ugh Sunkern/Sunflora
    • 72-Tentacool/Tentacruel
    • 436-Bronzor/Bronzong
    • 33-Nidorino/Nidoking
    • 459-Snover/Abomasnow
    • 155-Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion
  • Ready to battle! Weekends are free; FC:0002 8096 7850

Survey Questions
I like the rules in play now, however there's always room for improvement, as this is a trial battle get-together of sorts. Let me know about anything you guys like/dislike (in a PM preferably), and reasons for those likes/dislikes, so I can rework the rules if necessary. Thanks a ton guys ^_^
  • Should there be more random numbers chosen, or less?
  • Should there be a way to determine a fair game based off of Tiers? Perhaps based off of Base Stat Average?
  • Is the Auto Level 50 rule worth it?

Last edited:
Re: Random Choice Battle

I'll start with my role of choices:

• 178-Xatu
  • 006-Charizard
  • 300-Skitty/Delcatty
  • 457-Lumineon
  • 347-Anorith/Armaldo
  • 304-Aron/Lairon/Aggron
  • 428-Lopunny
  • 246-Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar
  • 295-Exploud
  • 003-Venusaur
  • 172-Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu
  • 114-Tangela/Tangrowth

Sounds awful a lot like roulette battles with a twist. However I will give this a shot.

Edit:
rILIG.jpg

My Pokemon are:
Mr. Mime
Azelf
Huntail
Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade
Qwilfish
Gyarados
Giratina
Buizel/Floatzel
Aerodactyl
Salamence
Spinarak/Ariados
Roserade

Want me to roll again because it's kind of unfair tbh.

Last edited:

Sounds awful a lot like roulette battles with a twist. However I will give this a shot.

Edit:
rILIG.jpg

My Pokemon are:
Mr. Mime
Azelf
Huntail
Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade
Qwilfish
Gyarados
Giratina
Buizel/Floatzel
Aerodactyl
Salamence
Spinarak/Ariados
Roserade

Want me to roll again because it's kind of unfair tbh.

I was trying to find a way to even the field somehow on the rolls, but if you want the re-roll, go ahead. It is a bit unfair. :XD2::boom:

I know Mence and Giratina are Ubers anyway, so those two have to be re-rolled.

Last edited:

I rolled again to make it even I guess and so I don't get like 10 OUs.

HLVM9.jpg

My Pokemon are:
Gastly/Haunter/Gengar
Jolteon
Luvdisc
Bayleef/Meganium
Clamperl
Snover/Abomasnow
Venosaur
Noctowl
Gorebyss
Salamence
Registeel
Phanpy/Donphan

I rolled again for Mence and Registeel due to me not having any legit legendary's and I got

dLmiN.jpg

Ekans/Arbok
Ditto

picture.php

My roll.

Oh shit.
Garchomp.

I'll re-roll later

AH! That reminds me to add a rule about re-rolls for unobtainable Pokes.

Clamperl and Gorebyss are in the same family though. You could do Clamperl/Gorebyss/Huntail, but Gorebyss still needs a re-roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom