• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What status ailment do you find the most frustrating?

I hate paralyze. When I was battling Lance the other night, I almost lost because his previous pokemon had used Thunder Wave! Good thing that Meganium could take a hit on the last turn. Survived with 21HP and we still won.

So I'm going with paralysis.

For me it's definitely poison because even outside of battle it still effects your Pokemon (and when you have no antidotes on you, it gets very annoying).

Same here. I hate poison, especially when I'm training and trying to level up Pokemon I just caught. Confusion is second, I always press random button combinations to get rid of it asap.

Freeze. Unable to defend or attack. Chances of unfreezing by mere luck: 10%

Sleep. Because unlike paralysis, it takes time for a sleepy pokémon to wake up and you can't use any move while in it. At least in paralysis you have a small chance of attacking.

Confusion. How can any creature be confused enough to hurt themselves? It makes no sense and just annoys me. Paralysis annoys me too because Oddish and Gloom always spam me with Stun Spore. Poison is annoying when the screen flickers while you're trying to hurry to a Pokemon Center.

Paralysis, by far. No other status ailment, sans confusion, annoys me really.

Have you ever faced a Lanturn that hits you with Confusion, Paralasys, and Infatuation? They must be cleasned from this earth (though I use one...)

Paralysis is the most frustrating, but it usually doesn't bother me too much. Most of my Pokémon are slow to begin with.

Paralysis can be dealt with with just a simple Trick Room. No biggie.
Freeze, now... oh, dear. That is definitely the most annoying.

And I know it's not a status ailment, but being infatuated can annoy the heck out of anyone. It sucks in real life and it sucks in the Pokémon world as well. That simple.

Freeze. Just freeze.

It is by far the worst for me. Especially when it freezes a Fire Pokemon! How the bloody hell does ice freeze flames?! I'm never prepared, damn my strategies, with Flame Wheel, since I so much prefer Flamethrower.

Plus without Flame Wheel or Sunny Day, all you have to rely on is the small 10% chance that you will defrost by yourself. And knowing how the CPU loves to turn things their favor, it rarely happens. ._.

Paralysis is definitley the most annoying of them all, especially due to how common it is. However, Freeze is the worst of all since you are unable to do anything at all unless you have a Fire-type move.

Confusion usually, sometimes Paralysis.

Every status ailment is very inconvenient, but when playing in-game, it's not as bad, since healing can be done after that. If you ask me what do I find the most frustrating, however, it would definitely be confusion and attraction. Unlike the others, they have a good chance of backfiring. Technically Freeze has an even less chance of being cured, but thankfully none of the moves so far cause direct freezing.

Thanks for reading.

Confusion. Seriously. How does 'Magical Leaf' sound like 'Punch yourself really hard in the face so you lose a disproportionate portion of your HP'?

Infatuation? THANK YOU, RED FLUTE. Shame I didn't have it BEFORE fighting Whitney...

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom