• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar (Ended) (TEEN)

What do you think of this fic?

• Total voters
Re: Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar (PG 13 to R)

Believe me, when it comes to A.D, the guy practically lives off of getting caught up in events that come completely out of nowhere. I've done enough role plays with Instrutilus to know that much.

Yeah, he's a magnet for trouble =P

Hey Very awesome story! I love the school concept :)

PADR19-1.png

"Now what's going on?" Reggie asked himself, while holding onto Chigon. After the two fell into the hole caused by Palkia's Special Rend, they had been sent falling somewhere. Reggie looked down with a scared look on his face, not knowing where he would land on or if he'd even be safe if so.

"Chi!" Chigon yelled as the two saw a white light before falling towards and past it. "Chi?" the puppy dragon blinked twice.

In front of them was… well, nothingness mostly. There were various floating islands, most of them had a lot of greenery, others were completely mountainous, but what got Reggie's attention was the fact that the islands were floating in what seemed to be a sunset like sky. "Shit!" Reggie yelled.

"Chi!" Chigon sent its wings out and Reggie held on tight as the two started flying. "Chigon Chi!"

"I swear to God, you owe me some answers after this!" Reggie yelled at Chigon, who was flapping its wings desperately so that it wouldn't fall off along with its trainer.

"Chi!" Chigon yelled again.

"Don't start with me, now hurry up!" Reggie started shaking his legs to try and stabilize. "Over there," Reggie pointed at one of the islands nearby.

Elsewhere, A.D lay back, placing his hands behind his head in a relaxed posture. He had entered earlier, and was floating around. The place had little to no gravity, though the islands seemed to be producing some form of pull. The Wandering Trainer touched down on an island, taking his hands from his head and looking around. He watched as the Reggie kid flew over to another island, where he fell. Musta been a stronger pull on the island. The trainer then began attempting to locate the other two.

"All right Charizard, let's go!" Darren yelled to his black Charizard as the two came into the dimension. Darren then began to fly around on his Charizard, looking around for any sign of Zivok, a frown crossing his face. "Where is that son of a bitch," he gritted his teeth in fury.

Reggie got up while rubbing his head. "Ouchie," he whined, before looking over at Chigon, who was buried on the ground with its legs sticking out. "Chigon, are you okay!?" He ran over and started pulling on Chigon's legs to get it out.

"Chi!" Chigon yelled when he was still buried. Reggie eventually managed to get it out of the ground, after much struggle. "Gon, chi gon," it rubbed its head with its front paw, before dusting itself off by shaking like a dog.

"Where are we?" Reggie asked himself, while looking around. He saw another island nearby and sent Pidgeotto out. "Go over there, Pidgeotto."

"Pidgeo!" Pidgeotto nodded and started flying to the nearest island. It circled it before seeing A.D and flying back to Reggie. "Pid Pidgeo otto"

"Okay," Reggie started tapping on his Academy Dex, which had a locater feature added it to it before the current events. "A.D's on that island, let's go."

A.D sat and waited. He had pretty much determined the others weren’t on the island and, without Aerodactyl, he wasn't exactly going anywhere, though he wasn't too bothered. He took out a small rectangular device and looked into the primitive thing. It was his original Pokédex Beta. Sure, the numerical system had been screwed up when he had recorded a creature called Missingno., and those numerical positions were used instead of Cynthia or Peters, as their dexes were lost, but damn this thing was nostalgic for him. He began to cycled through all the original 151 Pokémon recorded on it by the trio in their journey.

"Just a little more," Reggie encouraged Chigon as the little dragon flew towards the island A.D was on, "Almost there."

"Chi!" Chigon yelled, before losing balance and falling with Reggie. The two landed hard on the island with a loud thud. "Chigon chi," Chigon muttered while its eyes were spinning. A.D noticed, and got up, repocketing the device as he did.

"You need to work on that," Reggie grunted and got up patting his head, while looking around. This island was different, having more greenery in it, which was good. "Hey," he said looking at A.D as he re-pocketed the Pokédex. "Wait a second, can I see that?" he asked eagerly, quickly making his way over to the elder trainer.

A.D watched as Reggie picked himself up and grunted something to the dragon...puppy...thing? Before even he had time to react, Reggie had asked to see the Pokédex Beta and had quickly made his way over, catching A.D off guard. The trainer obliged and handed the device over, seeing no harm in it.

"No freaking way," Reggie smiled while examining the Pokédex and looking through his Academy Dex data. "It's worn out, but it's just like Version-I Pokédex," he said. The Version-I Pokédex was the first ever Pokédex created, and they had been handed to three trainers from Kanto by Professor Oak. The trainers were the famous Red, Blue and Green, "there were only three of this ever made, and only the champion Red and Blue and Green were that ever had this. These things are considered legendary!"

A.D merely pocketed one hand, scratched his nose and closed his eyes. He often did that when he had no clue how to respond or was thinking about something, similar to playing with something in his pockets, be it Pokéball or Pokédex, when having nothing to do but wait.

"So, Red, Green and Blue exist here. I wonder if Red and Green are together here, as well," he muttered, before looking up to the black Charizard flying nearby, "...shouldn't that have a red stomach, wing flaps and a normal coloured flame?"

"Actually they are it was one of the biggest weddings in the century though I was only a baby when it happened," Reggie responded to the first thing, before looking at the thing A.D was looking. "Oh shit!"

"Chigon chi!" Chigon began growling. Darren looked over to see Chigon along with Reggie and A.D. Reggie moved back.

"That's Darren's jet black Charizard. No one knows why it's that color, but it's one of the most powerful Pokémon who isn't controlled by a pro that I've ever seen," Reggie stated, while clenching his fists.

“Hmm, so this one’s Tarren, huh?" A.D inquired, before throwing out Gyarados and ordering a Hydro Pump to be fired at the Charizard, "well then, let's get this gits attention!"

"Are you crazy!" Reggie yelled at A.D. Darren's Charizard saw the coming attack, ducking under the Hydro Pump and away.

"You guys aren't the ones I'm looking for this time, so it's weird you're the ones that attack me," Darren pointed out, while looking down at Reggie and A.D. "Charizard, Fire Blast!" Charizard moved back and fired a powerful blast of flames down at the two.

"Blizzard! Extinguish the flames with the sheer cold and use Hydro Pump to take down the Pokémon and Trainer!" A.D ordered, with Gyarados complying and firing frozen droplets of water and freezing air at the attack. The heat of the flames and the freezing air and water from the Blizzard cancelled each other, before Gyarados fired a large amount of water from its mouth at the oddly coloured, dragon-like Pokémon.

"Purgatory!" Darren yelled. Charizard fired a powerful barrage of flames from its mouth and hands. The flames crashed against the water attack and created steam as they again cancelled each other out.

"Did you just try to attack the trainer?" Reggie turned to look at A.D with an astonished look on his face. "That could've killed him, you know.”

"Looka, ignore my battle style. It's how we do it in my 'verse, k?" A.D replied, slightly irked by people telling him off for the style that had basically saved his arse multiple times. He then put his hand out, "also, could I have the Pokédex back? It's the thing I travelled Kanto with and it's sentimental...not to mention Oak and Cynthia will kill me if I lose it."

"Cynthia?" Reggie asked. "You guys have a Cynthia and a Professor Oak in your world?" Reggie said curiously before giving A.D his Pokédex Beta back. The conversation couldn’t go on, however, as Darren and his Charizard blew away the cloud of steam. "All right, just let me handle it, I'll show you my battling style."

"Stay back, Charizard," Darren instructed before sending his Honchkrow out from its Pokéball. Reggie put his hand into his pocket and took out another crystal stone.

"All right Chigon, let's go," Reggie said, before throwing the stone at Chigon. The Pokémon hit the stone with its head before it began to glow and grow in size, its wings vanishing and its body becoming even bigger than before.

"Pangon!" Pangon roared as it took a step forward, glaring at the Honchkrow. It was still mad ‘cause of what had happened a few weeks back when Darren captured Valerie.

"Now Pangon can get revenge for what Honchkrow did to Valerie," Reggie muttered angrily while clenching his fist. A.D shrugged at Reggie taking over, before signaling for Gyarados to allow him onto the Atrocious Pokémon's crown. He climbed onto the head and sat down, pulling out a box of strawberries and eating them as the battle commenced.

Honchkrow started flying towards Reggie and Pangon, before firing a powerful ball of darkness at Pangon. Pangon moved aside, where the ball fell onto the ground. Honchkrow kept firing rounds of Shadow Balls, which surrounded Pangon. "Now use Sky Attack!"

"Thunderbolt!" Reggie yelled as Honchkrow started swooping down. Pangon was surrounded by light and spreading its wings, before firing a jolt of electricity at Honchkrow. Honchkrow evaded the attack, before firing a ball made out of rings of darkness. "Dark Pulse, move out the way!" Reggie yelled.

Pangon was too slow and was hit by the attack. It let out a roar, but opened its mouth. "Now Pangon, use Hyper Beam!" Reggie yelled, pointing at Honchkrow. Pangon immediately fired a powerful orange colored beam. Honchkrow fired one more Dark Pulse, where the two attacks crashed against each other.

"Now, Monferno, Kibago go out!" Reggie grabbed two Pokéballs from his belt and sent Monferno and Kibago out. "Monferno, Flamethrower! Kibago, Rock Smash and throw them inside the flames!"

Monferno charged up before firing a powerful jet of flames towards Honchkrow. Kibago nodded its head as it started digging into the ground and throwing rocks at the flames. The rocks were absorbed into the searing flames and became balls of magma. The rocks crashed against Honchkrow making it scream. "Damn it," Darren grunted.

"Now Pangon, Thunder!" Reggie yelled, with Pangon responding by firing a powerful jolt of electricity after its hairs spiked up. The Thunder hit Honchkrow straight on and made it scream, before causing an explosion. Honchkrow fell down from the cloud of smoke; unconscious

"Greaaaaat, now deal with the other 4 in his main party, where one took three of yours to take down. Then you're golden," A.D responded in a deadpan tone, with a far more interested look at the downed Honchkrow. He was curious as to why it...y'know, exploded. Perhaps this world was made of Explodium, A.D mused in his head, "anyway, love to stay and chat, but I'm afraid I'm about to be attacked."

Sure enough, a Flamethrower fired upon the Wandering Trainer, who jumped down from Gyarados’ crown and out the path of the attack, Gyarados, meanwhile, ducking down and avoiding the attack. "I would say try and be quieter next time, but you were damn near silent.”

"No way! No prey has ever heard me before," Zivok gasped, before coming out with his Shandera next to him. "I guess you're just different," he chuckled. "Shandera use Smog!" Zivok yelled, which Shandera obeyed and began to create a cloud of smoke that surrounded everyone.

"Shit," Reggie cupped his hand on his mouth and started coughing, along with Pangon and the other Pokémon. "Kibago, Monferno, return!" he returned the two Pokémon as Pangon went back to Chigon and ran to Reggie, so that he could cover it with his jacket. A.D, meanwhile, whipped out a cloth with his initials embroidered upon it and covered his mouth and nose. The cloth was thick enough to filter out the smog and allow A.D to continue breathing.

"It's him!" Darren yelled out, throwing a Pokéball down. "Go Gyarados; use Hydro Pump on that bastard!" Darren yelled as his Gyarados came out and fired a powerful stream of water at Shandera, while landing a few meters away from Reggie.

Chigon screamed in terror. "It’s the tame Gyarados from Fin Island." Reggie recalled, as Gyarados roared.

"Flamethrower!" Shandera fired a jet of flames that collided with the water and turned it into steam, "I have a feeling you have a bone to pick with me kid.”

He observed the two Pokémon fight, before pulling out and releasing Pikachu. He ordered the Electric Mouse to Thunderbolt the battlers, which the mouse happily complied to.

"Will you two stop fighting long enough to get facts straight, and to explain why you," he pointed to Darren, "want Chigon and want to kill him," he jerked his thumb to Zivok, before outright turning to the man, "and why you wanna kill?"

"I shouldn't have to answer to you!" Darren yelled at A.D, while pointing at Zivok. "He's the only one I want answers from. He killed the only person that's ever been there for me!" he yelled at Zivok. Reggie gasped when he heard this. He hadn't thought Darren would've had someone to get revenge on, but that gave the Charizard Flame student a bit more understanding on why he would want Chigon.

Zivok ruffled the back of his head while looking at Darren plainly. "Don't remember," Zivok shrugged. "I've killed so many people, I doubt I'd remember a trainer that was probably weak." he shrugged again before turning to look at A.D. "And I kill because that's my job and well because the world's just a bitch."

"Don't ignore me damn it!" Darren sent his Gyarados towards Shandera once more, though it was pretty tired from the Thunderbolt attack.

A.D released Venusaur and had it use Frenzy Plant. Two powerful vines shot from Venusaur's body and shot toward Gyarados, before shooting into the air and hardening into tree, even growing leaves on the end to give the complete impression. Darren’s Gyarados was stuck at the top, not harmed unless it intended to dive down, where the harm from the attack came from, though usually the tree was shaken to force it down. A.D then had Pikachu swat Darren with her tail before he could release another Pokémon, paralyzing him.

"Third time this week I've had to do that," he muttered, before turning to Zivok, "you kill because the world's a bitch? Hunh, well, that’s absolutely fiSurf."

A.D’s Gyarados complied, firing a powerful jet of water at the ground in front of the trainer and Pokémon. The attack bounced and moved in a tidal wave manner, heading straight for Zivok.

"Shandera, use Nitro Charge!" Zivok grabbed on to Shandera as it was surrounded by flames and charged through the water, turning it into steam and crashed against Pikachu straight on, knocking it out. "Flamethrower!" Zivok yelled and a powerful jet of flames was fired at Venusaur.

"What do we do, Chigon?" Reggie looked down at Chigon, before deciding his next action. "Go Marill!" Reggie threw Marill out as it landed in front of Venasaur and fired a barrage of bubbles that started countering the Flamethrower.

"Not you again," Zivok muttered, looking over at Reggie. "Go Azazel!" Zivok threw another Pokéball out, which released a Kirikizan. The Pokémon had completely red armor on its shoulders, leg and head. It had white-like rings around its chest, though if they were sharp was unknown. It had white arms with blade like objects on them, as well as a golden blade on top of its helmet and black eyes. "Go and use Iron Head!" Zivok yelled as Azazel charged forward, its head glowing silver as it charged at Marill.

“Marill, no!" Reggie yelled as Marill was hit and sent rolling around, before falling unconscious.

"Kiri," Azazel muttered as it walked towards Reggie and Chigon.

"Let's go Chigon!" Reggie said taking out his last crystal stone and gave it to Chigon who evolved into Plesiogon before roaring.

“Hang on, we're forgetting something..." A.D said as he returned his downed Pokémon, before scratching his nose in his thinking pose, "Hey Zivok, is there something missing here?"

"I don't think so," Zivok replied. "Go Shandera, Shadow Ball!" Zivok yelled as Shandera fired a ball made out of darkness towards A.D and Reggie.

Azazel charged at Plesiogon, putting its blades together as they glowed and slashed the Pokémon. Plesiogon moved back in pain. "What do you mean?" Reggie asked A.D with curiosity.

"I mean…" he paused as the floor beneath Zivok gave way, causing the trainer to fall while the Flareon who hadn't been returned when they were sucked into the place knocked out the Shandera with Dig, "I was missing my Pikachu’s overprotective mate Flareon, hey boy!" Flareon let out a happy cry at the sight of his trainer, before turning to and growling at the falling trainer for hurting his mate.

Zivok rolled around before sending out Sazandora. "Hydra, let's go," he said as he grabbed a hold of Sazandora as he fell, before flying up and firing a barrage of Dragon Rage attacks from its three heads, the attacks crashing around the trainers. "Devastate that bastard!" Zivok screamed, almost losing his mind completely as Sazandora started flying down and firing a barrage of fire balls around everyone even his own Pokémon, though it didn't seem to take so much damage.

Azazel charged at Reggie and Plesiogon before slashing and appearing behind Plesiogon with its arm extended. A few seconds later, Plesiogon devolved back to Chigon and fell to the floor. "Chigon!' Reggie yelled, before Azazel kicked him in the gut, causing him spit out blood and fall to the floor squirming. He, unlike A.D, hadn't felt as much pain as this one, especially considering Azazel had armor around its legs.

"Looks like the little kid can't play with the big shots after all," Zivok laughed.

Freezing cold air suddenly consumed the trainer and Pokémon, freezing them in a misty block of ice. Gyarados had been taught to attack when the trainer wasn't able to command, and was feeling a bit left out at this point. A.D, meanwhile, had been flung over the edge by one of the Dragon Rages, and was hanging onto Venusaur's vine, holding onto Flareon, who had also been flung.

"Thanks Venusaur," he said as he was pulled up and back over, onto the ground, "remind me to send you to Daisy for the week.”

The ice sculpture that was Zivok began to shake as the ice broke, showing that Sazandora had used another fire attack to get free. "You're tough," Zivok panted. He was beginning to lose all the energy in him. "Hydra, use Dragon Tail!" Hydra charged at A.D and Venusaur…only for Charizard to catch the tail. "Not you again!" he gritted his teeth at Darren.

"You're my opponent!" Darren yelled as he drew his sleeve back, showing the black marks around his hand which started glowing. "Charizard use Purgatory!" he yelled. Charizard roared and its eyes began to glow red, before it moved away from Sazandora and fired a barrage of black flames at it. Sazandora countered with a Devastate as the two attacks began to push each other back. All the while, Darren panted as the mark began to glow more.

Azazel charged at Chigon and Reggie once more, the two dodging its attacks. Azazel kicked Chigon off, but Reggie threw a kick at it, which…did absolutely nothing. "Probably the worst thing I've could've done in my life," Reggie noted with a scared look on his face.

"Chi!" Chigon yelled as it fired a Flamethrower at Azazel, though this didn't do anything as well. The Pokémon turned back to look at Chigon, who jumped and started biting the creatures hand

"Kiriki zan kiri!" Azazel yelled and started waving its arm around, eventually managing to throw Chigon off.

"Chigon!" Reggie yelled, but was silences with amazed when he saw Chigon glowing bright. Chigon's body had begun to glow, but this time was different. A Pokémon began to form, around the same size as Alagon but thinner. Once the light faded, in place of Chigon was a Pokémon completely green in colored. It had a long neck with a flower like helmet on it and green eyes, as well as vines around its body and green scales. But the most notable thing about this Pokémon was the pink flower on its back.

"Rose!" the Pokémon yelled as Reggie's academy Dex beeped.

"Rosegon," he said with amazement in his voice as Rosegon stepped forward and fired various vines at Azazel, wrapping them around its arms before lifting and sending it crashing against a nearby tree, "…Awesome."

A.D shrugged at the fact he was being ignored, and pulled out a Great Ball. He began tossing it up and down, wondering when he should use his strongest Pokémon.

"Hey what are you doing?" Reggie asked while on Rosegon, who was running towards A.D.

Finally the two attacks that had been battling each other exploded, sending everyone back. Rosegon tied a whip around a tree branch, before tying another one around A.D and Venusaur’s vine.

Charizard and Darren were sent to the floor, but Zivok and Sazandaro were still standing. "Idiot," Zivok panted out along with Sazandora.

A Great Ball shot forward, launched from A.D, which hit Zivok, before releasing the large, round, blue creature inside. She was Snorlax, A.D's strongest Pokémon, a normal-type but damn if the Giga Impact that quickly struck the Dark/Dragon type of Zivok's wasn't strong enough to cause major damage. She immediately turned and grabbed Zivok after, pulling him into a bear hug that prevented him from taking another Pokémon out.

"Sorry, but I can't let you kill him. Against my ethnics," he said. He noticed the look of confusion Reggie was giving him, before he explained "I only said trainers were a target, I've never killed a person through direct attack. Mostly paralyzation via Pikachu."

"Get off of me," Zivok groaned while Sazandaro struggled to get up, "I said get off!" Zivok yelled. His eyes turned black and he sent the Snorlax away with a wave of darkness. A.D could be heard muttering ‘that’s new’ as Snorlax crashed nearby, but merely picked herself up, unharmed, and moved out the way under A.D’s command.

"Rosegon," Reggie looked at the flower of Rosegon which was glowing white. "How about a Solar Beam combo," he proposed to the elder trainer.

"Venusaur doesn't know Solarbeam, unfortunately," A.D rejected, but Flareon hoped in front of his master, "But Flareon knows Overheat. Fire-Grass Combo?"

"That works too," Reggie replied, nodding his head in agreement. "Let's go then! Rosegon, Solar Beam!" Reggie yelled as the glow from the flower subsided. Rosegon summoned a ball of energy on the tip of its mouth before firing a powerful beam of energy.

"Overheat!" A.D yelled out. Flareon raised his body heat to the maximum it could, before firing a large ball of flames. The attacks collided with the weak Sazandaro, making it scream as it bounced on the floor unconscious. "Why you!" Zivok started charging at Reggie and A.D, but then the island suddenly cut in half, with the half where Zivok and Darren were began to crumble. "What's this?"

Reggie noticed Palkia was flying above them before it roared. "We have to save him!" Reggie pointed at Darren who began falling along with Zivok. "Let's go!" Reggie jumped off Rosegon, who then threw a vine at him and tied it around his foot. Reggie reached out and grabbed Darren's right hand. Even if Darren had treated him wrongly, he knew that in this situation he was a victim of Zivok and he shouldn't die for it, "Got you."

Darren opened his eyes and looked up at Reggie, before scoffing and looking back down as Rosegon pulled them to the half of the island that was still floating in the air. Reggie looked down and saw that Zivok and Sazandaro were out of sight. "Why did you save me?" Darren asked.

"You saved me back on Earth, I might as well pay back the favor," Reggie nodded his head.

"The bet's still on," that was all Darren mouthed, before falling back unconscious.

"I saw that," A.D said to either or no one, before turning to look at Palkia, "and I don't know if you're the same one, but your damn well gonna send me back to..."

He didn't get to finish as Palkia disappeared.

"...Damn..." he looked over to Venusaur, who was fishing Zivok back. They may be violent back on his...Travelsverse...yeah, they actually travelled there, rather then go to academies like here to receive Advance Education, as on Earth...but A.D would be damned if her were responsible for another death.

"Eh, I've been in weirder...damned Hypno," he muttered about being trapped in an universe that was so different yet similar, before returning all his Pokémon, as well as Zivoks, that was floating around, and pushing off the ground, floating to the tear and carrying Zivok back with him.

Reggie followed him, carrying Darren on his back as the two went through the hole in the dimension. After going through the same experience they went through when they were sent there, Reggie and A.D fell in the exact same spot they had left on. Reggie's friends looked on in awe at their friend, who had bruises all over his body.

"Guys, are you okay?" Miko ran over to them and helped Reggie get up.

"What happened to you?" Jack asked while looking at them and their two opponents. "And them, too?" he said surprised at how hurt they were.

"How long where we gone?" Reggie asked Miko with a grunt.

"About a minute," Valerie answered after a second. This made Reggie gasped, wherever Palkia had sent them, it was a place where time passed slower than in the real world. Reggie tried to get up, before trying to figure out where they had been. It couldn't have been the Distortion World, since the pictures that books shown were completely different, not to mention the world they had been to wasn't blue to begin with, to list a few.

"Where did you go anyways?" Fin asked walking forward with Marie.

"I wish I knew," Reggie replied, before looking at A.D. "Are you okay, dude?"
"Eh, I've been worse," he pulled up his coat arm and pointed out the many scars, including one large chunk of missing muscle, before pulling the arm down and pocketing his hands " that was just a warm-up."

"This guy's serious," Jordan muttered under his breath.

"Reminds me of the scars dad showed me," Fin and Marie said at the same time.

"Who are your dads to begin with?" both Jordan and Valerie asked, raising an eyebrow.

"....That's my business," Fin and Marie said in unison, before turning away from everyone, including each other.

"What happened to Darren?" Valerie asked while walking over to Darren with a worried look on her face, she noticing the same mark she had seemed a couple of weeks ago.

"He fought against Zivok, said something about avenging the death of his friend," Reggie answered, while staring at Darren's mark. At that moment a million questions went through his mind, what was that mark and why did Darren have it and did it have something to do with Chigon, while one question went through A.D’s head: ‘Where the hell did Zivok go?...eh, pro’ly not important…’

Reggie then turned to look at A.D. "That was amazing, you're really strong."

“Eh, comes with the years of travelling," he replied, before pulling out Pikachu, "by the way, where's the Pokémon Center? I need Pikachu healed quickly.”

"And I need to heal Marill and Chigon," he looked at an unconscious Chigon, who's eyes were spinning around.

"Right, the Charizard Flame dorm is closest, so let’s take them there," Jack said, heading off in the dorm’s direction.

That night.

Reggie was walking around the apartment in his PJs, which consisted of a white t-shirt along with a pair of blue pants. He looked into the fridge and pulled out a can of soda, which he began drinking. He looked outside the apartment to see A.D sleeping out, lay on a tree branch. "Chi," Chigon said from down at the floor.

"You couldn't sleep either, huh buddy?" Reggie smiled and petted Chigon as he walked out of the apartment, making his way to the trainer.

"Hey man, you sure you don't wanna sleep in? I can always kick Jordan out of his room," Reggie chuckled while walking towards A.D and drinking the can of soda.

"Naw, I prefer it out here. More comfortable," he said, turning to hang his legs over the tree branch he was sitting upon, "besides, I don't sleep. Bad incident with a Hypno," he shuddered. "By the way, what's with this world, Reddie?" he inquired, while giving Reggie a nickname, "the Pokémon are far more strange then in mine. I mean, they fire balls after charging them in mid air.”

“Ain't not sleeping bad for your health?" he asked A.D before taking another drink of his soda. "I don't really know, I guess that's just how the Pokémon here work," Reggie nodded his head. "No one's ever actually figured it out but then again there are a lot of things we haven't figured out like what caused the old world to end and why humans can sustain more pain than normally." he said.

"I have a few questions about your world as well, like is everyone so serious?" he asked, before chuckling. "I'm just kidding with that one, a better question would be why you people attack the trainers and if you really have Pokedexes over there and the weirdest thing is that you have people that we have in this world as well."

"Well, we attack trainers because it helps keep them trained themselves," he said, thinking, "Wild Pokémon don't bother with who to attack. If the trainer's open, they will go for them. Some Wild Pokémon even specifically target trainers, though they've usually had bad run-ins with trainers or have been released or even escaped abusive ones, such as my Pikachu and Flareon. Pokédexes, yeah, we have those. Every so often, a professor selects three trainers, two boys and one girl; it's traditional by this point, who then go around the region with one of three Pokédexes, which are used to catalogue Pokémon of the region. Red, Blue and Green are the most famous, even though me, Peter and Cynthia were the original trio..." he trailed off in thought, before snapping back.

"Anyway, I'm curious about that as well. Perhaps the universe has their own variant of each trainer? We may never know, though. By the way, what do you mean 'caused the old world to end?' Earth didn't end in my universe, just froze over 2000 years ago and recently defrosted...then there's New Earth, when some idiot used Jirachi to wish up a New Earth, which started at the year 983AD on 976AE, and would have followed the same path as Old Earth, had that idiot not went down with those machine designs he called Metal Gears...wow Oak taught me more then I thought…"

Reggie looked at him, while trying to process everything he said. "You guys definitely had it harder, I mean I started traveling when I was ten but I gave up after I lost my first gym battle." Reggie recalled, before addressing to whatever he said before. "We do the same thing here. Well, the trainers are selected and a Pokédex hasn't been handed out in years except for in the Kalith Region some region farther from Isshu that just sent six trainers out," he then began to sip through his soda again.

“Kalith?” A.D muttered unheard by Reggie, never hearing of it before.
"We don't know much about what happened to the old world. They say the moon crashed against it and destroyed it. The ensuing impact caused it to create an egg that Arceus came out from," he began explaining, "that's actually the reason why I'm a special person, you see ever since this world was created in what was December 21 in the day the old world was destroyed, I've..." he stopped for a sec, then smiled, "I've been the only human to be born in December 21 ever since this world was created.”

"Odd. But you quit after you lost your first Gym Battle? Yeash, worst move a trainer could ever make. Trainers should always learn from their loses, observe the opponents strategy and adapt to and from it," he responded. From the amount of times someone in his world was special; it kinda got redundant and commonplace for the Wandering Trainer.

“Yeah, I know that now," Reggie chuckled. "It wasn't till I came to this academy that the message sank in, and I guess I gotta thank Chigon for that," Reggie smiled while looking down at Chigon who wagged its tail, "Even if I don't know crap about him." he looked to the ground before looking at AD. "You're really strong man, you know that? I wish I could be strong like you.”

"Eh, I'm average when you stick me among the champions. Red, Brendan and Dawn could easily beat me if I'm not properly prepared," he said, before looking at the younger trainer, "besides, I can see quite a bit of potential in you, Reddie. You just need to focus it, don't give up when the going's tough, as you said. And once you're truly ready, I can bet you'll be a champion in no time."

"Well we have a Red and Brendan that are champions, but Lucas is the Sinnoh champion. He's actually on the island, since he's sponsoring our tournament," Reggie pointed out before smiling. "And thanks, though I need to learn more, any advice?"

"Yeah, plan out your moves, but leave room for improvising. If you've got a major plan and something goes wrong, it's just gonna crumble down and destroy you," he replied.

"You're very strategic, I bet Agatha would like you," Reggie laughed. "She's the strategy teacher here and she helped me a couple times," he nodded his head at A.D. "I guess I'm just nervous about the tournament my friends are gonna be competing after all and then there's Darren."

"Agatha? Hunh, has the same name as the old Elite Four Member in my 'verse," he muttered, "and don't worry, Reddie, keep your mind focused, plan out your game and keep your confidence up, I'm sure you'll come out, victor. Besides, I doubt that Miko girl'll want to see you lose," he said in a slightly teasing manner. He hadn't been here long, but the unresolved tension was so thick, A.D figured someone walking into would break their nose.

"She used to be an Elite 4 member till she retired ten years ago, Gold took her place," Reggie said to A.D about Agatha. "Yeah I guess you're right....what do you mean by that?" he asked referring to what he said about Miko. "I know she doesn't want me to lose because she has confidence in me but the way you said it..."

"What? You don't see it?" he replied with a friendly smile, "If you can't, you're on your own with that topic."

"See what?" Reggie asked with a raised eyebrow, before opting to change the subject, "Why did you decide to call me Reddie by the way?"

"You wear red, you have a resemblance to Red, or at least my world's Red, and I'm pretty sure you could wear this coat and pull of the look, because it’s, you guessed it, red. See my reasoning?" he replied.

"Good point," Reggie smiled, before running back into the apartment and running back out with a copy of the first jacket Red wore. "I got a copy of Red's original outfit. Valerie bought it for me a couple of years ago."

“Hey, kinda looks like my jacket when I started out," A.D noted, before searching around his coat and pulling out a picture, "See?"

He handed Reggie a picture of him in the coat, wearing a red and white hat with his brown hair pulled in and red and white trainers. Next to him w s a similarly aged trainer in a long purple top, brown boots, black pants with a pendant hanging around his next. He had long, jet black hair and icy blue eyes. Between them was a young girl, in a black dress that was green where the light was directly hitting it. She had long blonde hair and grey eyes.

“Wow, I think I’ve seen this pictured before…No freaking way!" Reggie exclaimed. After looking through his Academy Dex, he found it. A picture just like A.D’s, though in the picture the one in red had spiky black hair that was being covered by the hat, and he was wearing the hat backwards, the one in the purple top had spiky brown hair and green eyes and the girl had brown hair and a completely black dress. Another distinct feature was that the two boys had their fist bumped in front of the girl while their right arms were around her and that the girl was winking at the camera, the three also had the Kanto badges pinned on their clothing

"What's no freaking way?" A.D asked, taking and putting the photo back. He wasn't about to look at something without another permission...that'd be rude, and his mother taught him better.

“You can look at if you want," Reggie told him, seeing that A.D needed permission.

"Naw, I'm good," he replied. Sure, he was curious to the trainer's response, but was quickly losing interest. He began to climb back up the tree he was resting in and sitting with legs over the side.

"I should probably go to bed." Reggie looked over at A.D, "don't you want to stay for a while?"

"Eh, I'll stay if I wanna and go when I feel like it. However, here are a couple of gifts," he pulled out two Pokéballs, both containing eggs. One was that of a Pichu and the other that of an Eevee, "my Flareon and Pikachu have produced a lot of these, so I figure I could spare a couple in this universe. Pichu and Eevee rarely meet their parents naturally, anyway."

"Awesome," Reggie smiled and grabbed the two Pokéballs. "Thanks man," Reggie nodded his head. "Well I guess I should go back to sleep, so...see ya around," he extended his hand to A.D. The elder trainer shook it, before allowing him to be on his way. A.D then pulled out a small Pokéball, purple, with red bumps on the top and a 'M' near the lock mechanism, before tossing it up and down casually, awaiting his Fossil Pokémon. Reggie walked back into his apartment, clenching his fist confidently. "Now, I'll definitely win the tournament," he thought to himself as he went back in.

In the principal's office, Charles was drinking a cup of coffee and filing some papers as someone entered. "Oh, you're here. I assume things failed?" he asked, while looking at the person.

"Yeah, sadly," Zivok muttered while looking at Charles. "But at least this year's tournament is gonna be fun," he chuckled. "I'll get to kill whoever wins."

"You'll have to hold yourself down for a while though," Charles replied, before the two men began to discuss their plans...

End of Chapter 19
Next Time: The Prelims

Well, first up I think you need a few commas here and there. I can't be positive, but as I look through it seems kind of choppy to me.
Plot itself was quite interesting. You're descriptions work well, but sometimes there's too much detail.
Also, one thing. When you switch transitions between Reggie and A.D., it gets confusing on occasion. There needn't be that many transitions.
Pichu AND Eevee? If Pikachu is female, why isn't is just Pichu?
THe battle was really awesome! The way you described it was simply extraordinary and I truly enjoyed it!
The very end was suspenseful. It's excellent how you managed to incorporate that, though it makes me worry for Reggie.
Good job!

Sorry, we RPed it to get A.D's dialogue right, which has the side effect of repeatedly switching focus. And it's explained in A.D's stories that Pikachu has an extremely rare gene that allows it to produce baby species of both parents. Bad, I know, but it works in a logical, scientific 'verse =L

Last edited:

Now I'm starting to see more and more distinctions between Zivok and Zaar. Zivok's a lot more...informal, I guess you could say, with his dialogue, while Zaar rarely curses, if at all, and doesn't conform to modern dialect that often. I'm also seeing the parallel with Azazel.

Ranting aside, another good chapter. You two got A.D's dialogue spot on, and the situation with Darren actually made me feel sympathetic for the guy, even considering how nasty he is in general.

So, Zivok and the headmaster are in on it eh?

May I just ask, out of sheer curiousity, if there are any others in on this plot? I doubt two people will be able to take on Champions and Elites, after all =P

I meant between Zivok and Hema there =P

Actually, it wouldn't be a bad idea. Let's say that at the very end, the last 2 competitors, after battling each other, get to team up with Lance and Lucas--one with Lance and the other with Lucas. They then doa tag battle it'll be evenly matched, but Lucas's attacks can still come to the weaker opponent's way. Areyou following me?

BOOM!

Well, it doesn't really matter that I missed a chapter because it was a two-parter anyway... Haha.

I've only heard about A.D via Instrutilus' Travelsverse group so it was nice seeing him in a fic. I do love a good crossover. I guess that A.D and Reggie are pretty much the same person (apart from a few differences), just in parallel universes. A.D is just a damn cool character anyway.

Now, since I missed a chap, I'll give you a special extra long review!

“Awesome, it’s Alagon now,” Marie pointed out with a look of amazement in her face. The group had seen Alagon more commonly now, since Chigon mostly evolved into it rather than Pangon and Plesiogon, though there were chances of getting Pangon and smaller chances of getting Plesiogon.

Wait a minute, Marie is amazed even though they've seen Alagon loads of times? Hmm... Even if it could be Pangon or Plesiogon, there still shouldn't be much surprise. You might want to reword that. Here's my take on that section.

“Cool, it's Alagon,” Marie noted.

Obviously you could substitute "noted" for any word, like "exclaimed", perhaps. But it's your own choice.

"Well, at least he's not trying to kill me like that psycho guy with the black robe I met before," Reggie shrugged, "plus, he seems nice."

YES! Greatest excuse EVER! Love it!

"plus, he seems nice."

Looks like Reggie's mother never told him to speak to strangers.

“Coulda used that info before I sent my Aerodactyl off, Reddie,”

Hooray, A.D forgets people's names!

“welp, I'm stuck here for the day.

Is that A.D being weird or is that an error? I'm not sure.

"It's..." Reggie stilled looked at Chigon who was glaring at Palkia, its eyes red.

IT'S GOING NUCLEAR!

Woah, where did Palkia come from? Let's read a bit more.

And he was wrong. A Dusknoir was flying in the middle of the sky with a man that had long black hair that went down to its waist, pale white skin that glowed in the night sky and wearing a black robe stood upon it.

Yay Zivok!

But I think there is a slight error there as well. I've bolded it. It reads better if you remove the "and wearing" and adding in some other bits so it makes sense.. Then it reads like this:

And he was wrong. A Dusknoir was flying in the middle of the sky with a man that had long black hair that went down to its waist, pale white skin that glowed in the night sky and a black robe draped around his neck stood upon it.

Or something like that. Could I perhaps suggest removing one of theose descriptors? It seems like a bit too much to take in at once.

Zivok got rid of his burning robe

Got rid of? Perhaps something like threw off might work better here.

"You could've killed him!"

That's a very good point. Either Zivok is (a) so awesome that he can withstand such a blow, (b) that's the way the Travelsverse works or (c) it's a lovely example of Anime physics. Take your pick. I like A.

"Darren!" Valerie exclaimed.

What, Zivok and Darren? This is too good to be true!

"I only did it because, if I hadn't, then Chigon would've been sent into space by Palkia as well," Darren pointed out with a cold look on his face.

Aww, I thought he was one of the good guys now.

Understatement of the century. Maybe it could have been: "Reggie screamed" or something...

Moving on to the second part. Wow, this is epic! This blows away anything you've done before. How you'll top this I don't know.

A.D sat and waited. He had pretty much determined the others weren’t on the island and, without Aerodactyl, he wasn't exactly going anywhere, though he wasn't too bothered. He took out a small rectangular device and looked into the primitive thing. It was his original Pokédex Beta. Sure, the numerical system had been screwed up when he had recorded a creature called Missingno., and those numerical positions were used instead of Cynthia or Peters, as their dexes were lost, but damn this thing was nostalgic for him. He began to cycled through all the original 151 Pokémon recorded on it by the trio in their journey.

Ah, I love nostalgia. But cycled should be cycle. "He began to cycle though."

"Rosegon,"

AARGH THERE'S TOO MANY! Please don't tell me there's going to be 17 Chigolutions, one for each type...

Although that would be pretty cool...

"That works too," Reggie replied, nodding his head in agreement. "Let's go then! Rosegon, Solar Beam!" Reggie yelled as the glow from the flower subsided. Rosegon summoned a ball of energy on the tip of its mouth before firing a powerful beam of energy.

"Overheat!" A.D yelled out. Flareon raised his body heat to the maximum it could, before firing a large ball of flames. The attacks collided with the weak Sazandaro, making it scream as it bounced on the floor unconscious. "Why you!" Zivok started charging at Reggie and A.D, but then the island suddenly cut in half, with the half where Zivok and Darren were began to crumble. "What's this?"

Hooray, move combinations! I love them!

Darren opened his eyes and looked up at Reggie, before scoffing and looking back down as Rosegon pulled them to the half of the island that was still floating in the air. Reggie looked down and saw that Zivok and Sazandaro were out of sight. "Why did you save me?" Darren asked.

"You saved me back on Earth, I might as well pay back the favor," Reggie nodded his head.

"The bet's still on," that was all Darren mouthed, before falling back unconscious.

Oh, no! Now they're equal again and Darren can kill Reggie! Or not.

And now I skip a lot because it's just chat...

In the principal's office, Charles was drinking a cup of coffee and filing some papers as someone entered. "Oh, you're here. I assume things failed?" he asked, while looking at the person.

"Yeah, sadly," Zivok muttered while looking at Charles. "But at least this year's tournament is gonna be fun," he chuckled. "I'll get to kill whoever wins."

"You'll have to hold yourself down for a while though," Charles replied, before the two men began to discuss their plans...

WHAT THE?

Charles and Zivok are together? But that's not allowed! Charles is supposed to be a stereotypical wise guru who helps Reggie out! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And so I conclude my review. Pretty sweet, huh?

Love the chapter banners. Will every chapter have one now?

Woah.

First off, let me tell you I like your reviews

Wait a minute, Marie is amazed even though they've seen Alagon loads of times? Hmm... Even if it could be Pangon or Plesiogon, there still shouldn't be much surprise. You might want to reword that. Here's my take on that section.

Well actually Marie is pretty surprised about the evolution stone that and she hasn't seen Alagon as much because she doesn't go to the training sessions often.

Looks like Reggie's mother never told him to speak to strangers.

Yeah but he disregarded it XD

That was actually Instrutilus's mistake, we did it RP style so both he and I made the chapter together.

Woah, where did Palkia come from? Let's read a bit more.

He came flying, you see Palkia sensed that someone from another dimension had entered the one he controlled so he went to check out what was going on.

But I think there is a slight error there as well. I've bolded it. It reads better if you remove the "and wearing" and adding in some other bits so it makes sense.. Then it reads like this:

Wouldn't it be the same thing though?

Got rid of? Perhaps something like threw off might work better here.

Got rid of means threw off, same thing

That's a very good point. Either Zivok is (a) so awesome that he can withstand such a blow, (b) that's the way the Travelsverse works or (c) it's a lovely example of Anime physics. Take your pick. I like A.

Well the fic takes place in the Advanceverse my own universe but I think it's both A and C

Aww, I thought he was one of the good guys now.

.....Can't spoil sorry

Understatement of the century. Maybe it could have been: "Reggie screamed" or something...

I thought it would've been pretty obvious

Moving on to the second part. Wow, this is epic! This blows away anything you've done before. How you'll top this I don't know.

I'm pretty sure the last chapter can top it off, or at leas I hope so XD

Ah, I love nostalgia. But cycled should be cycle. "He began to cycle though."

That's actually Instrutilus's mistake

AARGH THERE'S TOO MANY! Please don't tell me there's going to be 17 Chigolutions, one for each type...

Although that would be pretty cool...

Nope this is the last one, Alagon, Plesiogon, Pangon, Darkan and Rosegon are Chigon's five evolutions their element is the same as the dorms in the academy in case people hadn't notice.

Oh, no! Now they're equal again and Darren can kill Reggie! Or not.

Yes

WHAT THE?

Charles and Zivok are together? But that's not allowed! Charles is supposed to be a stereotypical wise guru who helps Reggie out! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Or maybe that's what he wanted you to believe, I mean he did send him to Kin Island knowing full well about Shroud and everything that could happen, he already knew about Chigon and I've been dropping hints since the first chapter, didn't you feel the tension in the twelve chapter when he was talking to Reggie because I was creeped out while I wrote it.

And so I conclude my review. Pretty sweet, huh?

Again, I like your reviews

Love the chapter banners. Will every chapter have one now?

Hopefully when Instrutilus gets unbanned, the final for the tournament will surely have one and you can bet that the last few chapters will too

I'm back.
Eh? I thought I had him explain Aerodactyl tends to fly leisurely around for the whole day, instead of finding the region and reporting straight back. Mah bad.
(lul, Gold, Green and Red =L)

I really like AD, Instrutilus. He reminds me of the Doctor.

I loved the battle. It was very dynamic, which is honestly something I don't see too often in anything Pokémon.

One thing I didn't like: When A.D. and Reggie were talking, it was a little confusing as to who was talking. Other than that, it was good.

...great, all I've got in my head is:
"Hello, I'm A.D...basically, run." =P
Combine it with Flame Hazes comparison to Batman (he is crazy prepared at times ¬_¬) and you've got one of the most epic characters in history =P

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom