• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TV Tokyo and CN Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon CN Ratings

1.7% of the Demographic who receives the channel. For broadcast, this is a larger pool, so matching numbers means a ton more people.

The second number says what % was watching it at any moment in time, such as channel scrolling.

The ratings weren't all that good for Pokemon and Cartoon Network sucks nowdays.

Pokemon ratings weren't all that good at all and CN sucks nowdays.

Just felt like updating, these are the ratings during Thanksgiving Weekend.

CARTOON NETWORK 1.2/6 Avg. (7a-1p)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 0.9/12; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.1/12; Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 1.1/9; Sym-Bionic Titan 1.3/8; Generator Rex 1.4/8; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.0/4; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 0.8/3; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.0/4; Pokemon Movie 12 - Arceus and the Jewel of Life (1x120) 1.3/6

The weird thing is mostly only CN was suffering. Nick pulled in pretty good ratings, a 3.5 average, Disney a good 2.7. Pokemon taking in a 1.1 is horrible. And was it a new episode? Yeah, no kid saw it. More kids saw Dragon Ball Z Kai on CW that day.

Maybe if they brought back some old shows from the 1990s we might get more ratings since the animation back then looked really good. Such as Yu Gi Oh and the old Beyblade episodes

and CGI whats that mean again? I tihnk I heard it before but it might the wrong label

Computer Generated Images. Kids seem to like them more now than regular animation. This is why Pokemon, among other popular shows, anime and not, added CGI. Pokemon DP started using CGI for moves and contests, and now for BW the whole opening is in CGI (no idea how it will get dubbed though).

Other popular shows do it too. Yugioh went CGI once 5Ds hit the scene (monsters and certain scenes are mixtures). Beyblade MF is all CGI, none of the beyblades are hand drawn anymore.

Just felt like updating, these are the ratings during Thanksgiving Weekend.

The weird thing is mostly only CN was suffering. Nick pulled in pretty good ratings, a 3.5 average, Disney a good 2.7. Pokemon taking in a 1.1 is horrible. And was it a new episode? Yeah, no kid saw it. More kids saw Dragon Ball Z Kai on CW that day.

I Dent see Pokemon either that week Cohen I was at my grandma's for TG. What do you expect? It airs at 7AM durin' a holiday. :eek:hdear: Startin' to think you really don't want Pokemon to succeed.

No offense but CGI aint the coolest. The target audience wants a entertainin' show they don't give a rat's ass if it's CGI or not. Spongebob aint got any CGI.

Last edited:

I Dent see Pokemon either that week Cohen I was at my grandma's for TG. What do you expect? It airs at 7AM durin' a holiday. :eek:hdear: Startin' to think you really don't want Pokemon to succeed.

It airs at 8 ... :look:

Doesn't matter, the ratings stagnated throughout the day until 1 pm, so it doesn't matter the time. CN had a bad week. Perhaps if it was on broadcast, it could have succeeded like CW did.

It airs at 8 ... :look:

Doesn't matter, the ratings stagnated throughout the day until 1 pm, so it doesn't matter the time. CN had a bad week. Perhaps if it was on broadcast, it could have succeeded like CW did.

Dependin' on where ya live here it airs at 7AM.

It's not like that the ratings are that important. Sure it would've been nice if it got better ratings, but it's not like it matters since the show will never be canceled.

It's not like that the ratings are that important. Sure it would've been nice if it got better ratings, but it's not like it matters since the show will never be canceled.

Well, yea, but people like to see how it does with the demo, or target age group. Unlike in Japan, the ratings (Neilson ratings) deal exclusively with the age group being targeted. CN could not care less for people our age watching the show, they need a young group to watch it. And that is not happening now. Add that to the fact no official online version exists, and basically all kids have are reruns to look forward to unlike 4kids who posts episodes of their shows on Hulu Sundays.

And cancelation might not happen, but CN could always drop the show. Although, they do fund it quite a bit, so for that to happen they would have to lose faith, which doesn't seem to be happening right now. Now the whole block is suffering, and Pokemon seems to be on the wrong channel.

Well, yea, but people like to see how it does with the demo, or target age group. Unlike in Japan, the ratings (Neilson ratings) deal exclusively with the age group being targeted. CN could not care less for people our age watching the show, they need a young group to watch it. And that is not happening now. Add that to the fact no official online version exists, and basically all kids have are reruns to look forward to unlike 4kids who posts episodes of their shows on Hulu Sundays.

And cancelation might not happen, but CN could always drop the show. Although, they do fund it quite a bit, so for that to happen they would have to lose faith, which doesn't seem to be happening right now. Now the whole block is suffering, and Pokemon seems to be on the wrong channel.

What are you talkin' bout'? Kids are watchin' Pokemon I think you made that part of no one in the target audience watchin' it up? Cause if no kid in the target audience is watchin' it no one is watchin' Ben 10, Generator Rex, or CN's other kids shows hell you could say no kids watchin' CN.

DVD'S? TPCi releases them on a regular basis. Pokemon.com posts some episodes on line. :nono:

No online source you say. CN puts the eps up on their own site. I just checked. They have the first league ep on there. (not the second one, though, I don't know why)

No online source you say. CN puts the eps up on their own site. I just checked. They have the first league ep on there. (not the second one, though, I don't know why)

I bet more kids seem em' on Pokemon.com n CN's website then people see 4kids's stuff on Hulu.

Last edited:

Yeah, Pokemon.com isn't up to date at all. Don't know about CN video, but from what it says above, not so much. Also, kids, the targe age, are watching, just not as much as they used to. Sure TG and all, but why does broadcast get nearly the same ratings it always does this week while CN fails? DVDs are out of the question, kids don't simply whip out some cash, their parents do.

If they wanted to make DVDs, perhaps they should raise the target a bit by releasing something on it for every fan?

Gotpika, show proof for that.

EDIT: Just checked, CN only has the latest episode, no others. So if kids don't catch up until then, a new episode will replace it and they can't see the one they missed unless on reruns.

Yeah, Pokemon.com isn't up to date at all. Don't know about CN video, but from what it says above, not so much. Also, kids, the targe age, are watching, just not as much as they used to. Sure TG and all, but why does broadcast get nearly the same ratings it always does this week while CN fails? DVDs are out of the question, kids don't simply whip out some cash, their parents do.

If they wanted to make DVDs, perhaps they should raise the target a bit by releasing something on it for every fan?

Gotpika, show proof for that.

Because why should they? The damn show for kids Nintendo, TPCi, and GameFreaks really don't give a rat ass about older fans. Alot of em' aint watchin cause of CN's imcompetence airin' it at 7AM and 6AM is the mornin' ya know. Kids want wish it' their parents dish it, Cohen.

It really goes without sayin' CN and Pokemon.com r for kids. Hulu is goin' for a adult crowd. Show me some proof 4kid's Hulu has more people watchin' in the target audience then CN and Pokemon.com are.

Cohen do you got somethin' against Pokemon honestly?

I have nothing against Pokemon, it is on the wrong channel. It could do better anywhere else, don't let it go down with CN.

Why should I give proof when you made the statement that CN video and Pokemon.com has more views? You made a statement, prove it please.

Hulu has kid shows too you know. And 4kids links their hulu videos, so kids do see them as well. Hulu has a family tab, where all the kids have shows they can watch.

When talking about online, target range no longer matters.

Ok, I don't get it. What is it that you want? You think TPCI knows nothing? True, CN is the only other channel that has ever had Pokemon, but I still think they have their reasons. If they could take it elsewhere and profit from it, I think they would. They'd be idiots if they didn't. This means one of two things, either no one but CN would take it, or they feel pokemon is fine where it is.

Like I said, I am pretty sure CN funds the merchandise. I am sure others would like Pokemon, such as Nick or Toonzai. But the tangle Pokemon USA has on the show makes it impossible for it to air anywhere else or anywhere else online legally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom