• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General Pokémon: Black and White Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Are you concerned about dubbed Best Wishes?

"Once we find our fiendish friend Flint, we'll bag another bountiful briefcase before bedtime!"

"Sublime!"
That was actually pretty good, Grave-E! Now I wouldn't mind if they had dialogue like that in the BW dub.

I'm really wondering if Flint will have a dub name? If so, I can (not) guarantee it would be Flock, Flynn or Flora.

As long as they make TR serious - which I kinda think they will somehow - it's all good to me.

I wouldn't mind if some music gets replaced. Especially that evolution song which was cool to hear the first time but afterward it just got placed in the most random moments.

I'm fully expecting serious english TR to throw in a few more jokes though. I doubt they'll cut back on them just because they act more serious.

I'm really wondering if Flint will have a dub name?

I seriously doubt they'll keep his name as Flint with two other semi-important Flints running around in the dub universe.

Since they like keeping names as close to the originals as possible, I vote they name him Clint.

I'm really wondering if Flint will have a dub name? If so, I can (not) guarantee it would be Flock, Flynn or Flora.

There's already 2 Flints in the dub (Brock's dad and Sinnoh Elite Four.) I'm not really sure.

The only character I'm really sure will keep their JAP name is Don George. I can just see it.

Other than that, as long as they don't put in too many cheesy line and ruin TR's new character (as well as they don't remove much music), the dub will at least be o.k. to me.

"That awesome Oshawott will be our otter to own all day long onward till our new steal!

If we can get that snobby snivy! We'll be snipping in a new snap with the boss!

Once we obtain that Pidove Pigeon Pokemon our Power will plump up like a purple parade we'll be in a new pecking order with the boss!

... I care... but I'm not overly worried about it.

I hope they don't change ANY of the BGM, but they probably will, so I don't have my hopes up.

It's not impossible for them to fill Team Rocket up with "humorous" dialogue, even in Best Wishes!. But I think that, for the most part, they'll be as serious as in the original. It's not a matter of whether or not TPCI knows they're more serious- it matters if they care to bring that over to the dub.

There's barly any music in the eps they should be able to retain quite a bit at least.

I just hope they get some good VA for Iris and Dent.

I can't see them altering TR's dialogue anymore, their limited speech now is about their mission, and dub viewers would lose story material.

The way they handle Ash is fine now. He's exactly as he should be, the same energetic kid he always is.

The only part of the dub I am really worried about, like everyone else, is the rockets. I honestly don't see how they would keep them the way they are now, it just wouldn't work at all.

It's not that, I feel that they might screw things up since younger viewers might not like the shudden shift in tone...

I think younger viewers will be fine with the shift. They can definitely handle the change.

I think younger viewers will be fine with the shift. They can definitely handle the change.

Haven't people reported here that none of the kids they know of like Zoppi Team Rocket in the first place, anyway?

Hire 4kids people but keep it under Pusa!

When the hell did that guy become a writer anyways...? I always thought he was just a voice actor lol.

Apparently since way back during Johto. But still, I can't recall 4Kids TR ever being as bad as they are now. So what gives, Zoppi? :/

Only slightly. I'm worried TR will still be the same :/
Posted via Mobile Device

lol, he's just mad he has to voice two characters who talk a lot lol.

Not really. I don't really care for BW TR, so if they get goofy dialogue - big deal.
I like the other stuff with the dub though. Hopefully it'll actually make me like Best Wishes by a smidgen. I don't want to be so pessimistic all the time.

I hope Oshawoots voice is cute...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom