• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Adamant said:
I think you mean "Weekly Shonen Sunday" :p

That's actually really frustrating. I caught myself making that same mistake a few times in that past but always managed to correct it before making the post public. But I guess that one slipped by despite my efforts to be extra cautious.

Eitaro said:
Ok, heres the thing

Wow. That is pretty insane. Just...wow.

How in the world is your average ten-year-old (the presumed audience for this thing) supposed to keep up with a release as random and nonsensical as that!? Fans of other franchises have no idea how nice they have it!

I've got to run to class, so I'll address the other posts later.

How in the world is your average ten-year-old (the presumed audience for this thing) supposed to keep up with a release as random and nonsensical as that!?

They're not. Special runs several sequential storylines at once, which are then spread across several magazines. Your average ten-year-old who picked up the issue of Ichiban like you did is thus expected to pick up the next issue of Ichiban, which will pick up where the last one ended, and continue following the story of Black as he does whatever this storyline is oriented around.
If he's enough of a fan, he'll then pick up the collected editions that will be released somewhere down the line, and see what happened to White and all the other characters while Black was running around doing whatever. For this reason, the chapters aren't numbered before they are released in the collections, where a bunch of recent chapters will be ordered in "the best order to read everything in".

But yeah, the people who "read everything as it comes out" are mostly English-speakers with illegal scans. You're not actually supposed to do it this way.

So it's sounding like the most logical thing to do, at the moment, is to separate the stories into three pages - one for the Pokemon Fan chapters, one for the CoroCoro Ichiban chapters, and one for the Grade Four chapters.

Rex Kamex said:
Although... on the other hand... that would future differentiate Viz's future releases of Adventures from your summaries, Dogasu, so that would (hopefully) be another reason why people who'd read your summaries would still buy the Viz volumes when they come out.

I see the summaries of the Special chapters the way I see synopses of the TV episodes. I want people to be informed enough about the manga series to be interested in buying them, but I also don't want my summaries to take the place of these series.

Like I said on the site, I'll do the more detailed panel by panel stuff for the series that have no chance in hell of ever crossing the Pacific, like the one-shots or Anakubo Kousaku's Pocket Monsters.

Mjolnir said:
It was, DP 68 "Tobari Gym! Lucario vs. Buoysel!!" had used the song before this one came up.

Rex Kamex said:
Yeah, and it was also used in the Japanese version of "Judgment Day" back in Hoenn. Your site already mentioned that, though.

Thanks for the info. I actually did try to find that out myself, but a Google search through my site didn't come up with anything and it had been so long since I've seen the Tobari Gym episode that I forgot it was ever used.

Just wanted to say, I found a few mistakes (I hope it belongs to here)

- In the list of episode-Isshu League section you're wrong with BW19-20 episodes. 19-20 are different episodes from what has been mentioned. The DP specials are not part of BW.

- FYI, there is a Naruto special on 3/24, which means on March 17th two episodes will be aired, not one.

- BW25 (Hium Gym) airs on 31st March.

- The Ishizumai vs. Futachimaru episode in BW19, not 21.

pokemon_master2 said:
The DP specials are not part of BW.

That has yet to be confirmed. It could go either way.

Furuya Tohru, Arti's voice actor, lists the episodes he'll be appearing in as BW 022 and BW 025, respectively.

FYI, there is a Naruto special on 3/24, which means on March 17th two episodes will be aired, not one.

Source? Not the Naruto part, but the "two episodes will air on this day" part.

- BW25 (Hium Gym) airs on 31st March.

Source?

from the previous link.

Dogasu said:
Music Edit
During Satoshi's battle against Takeshi, the fifth ending theme to the first series, Pocket Monsters series, Type Wild, plays in the background. It sounds pretty nice here, and it's a hell of a lot better than a certain overused song that begins with R and ends with eady Go!.

I find it amusing how you were hounding on Ready, Go! for its over-usage back then. More recently, in a "favorite song" thread or something, I'm sure I recall you listing it as one of your picks, even in spite of that over-usage.

BTW, as I recall, Type: Wild also played in the middle of the Masamune battle, during the Saiyuu tournament.

Ok, I know this is going to make me sound an idiot but can anyone tell me who/what is in the picture that Dogasu has as an avatar?

Just I know I've seen it before but can't place it.

Ok, I know this is going to make me sound an idiot but can anyone tell me who/what is in the picture that Dogasu has as an avatar?

Just I know I've seen it before but can't place it.

Block Monster from "Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story" I played the game.

How in the world is your average ten-year-old (the presumed audience for this thing) supposed to keep up with a release as random and nonsensical as that!? Fans of other franchises have no idea how nice they have it!

Also, the volumes are still in the D/P arc- although the next one to be released, I believe, should start the Platinum arc. But there's still the Hg/Ss arc that hasn't been released in volume form. Sometimes certain plot elements change a bit when going into the volumes. Sometimes.

Separating the chapters by those three magazines, like you said, is a good idea. Since stuff'll most likely change in the volumes, anyway, putting stuff in volume order from the get-go probably won't be necessary.

Yamato-san said:
BTW, as I recall, Type: Wild also played in the middle of the Masamune battle, during the Saiyuu tournament.

Oh yeah. And for all we know it played in that unaired Barboach episode. You can't prove they didn't use it. =P (I know the point isn't what episodes it aired in but whether or not it played an any earlier episodes in the first place, but... yeah.)

I hadn't seen that before. Thanks.

I still maintain that we had no reason to assume it wasn't a regular BW episode before that information was posted on TV-Tokyo's site, though :p

Well, about these two eps... you might be interested to know this:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=2765186&postcount=675
These eps are officially part of Season 13 since the Season officially has 36 eps... so these two eps will be eps 35-36 of Season 13

Piplup said:
Well, about these two eps... you might be interested to know this:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=2765186&postcount=675
These eps are officially part of Season 13 since the Season officially has 36 eps... so these two eps will be eps 35-36 of Season 13

...you assume. You don't actually *know* if the two extra episodes are these two specials or if they're something else altogether. You're just making an educated guess.

Takeshi doesn't call Ayako by name in the Japanese version; instead, he calls her Hikari no Mama-san ("Hikari's Mama-san"). It's weird, yes, but that's just how they do it in the Japanese version. Orchid-Hakase refers to Hanako as Satoshi no Mama-san ("Satoshi's Mama-san"), so it's not like Takeshi is the only character to refer to someone's mother in this extremely baffling way.

I grew up in the South, and I was always taught that you never refer to adults by their first name unless you're given permission. You either refer to them as Mr. or M(r)s. Family Name (which I realize doesn't really apply to Dawn), use "ma'am" or "sir," or construct your sentences in ways that avoid references to the person's name. If I had done what Brock does in this episode as a kid, I'd have been told off for being rude. You just don't do what Brock does in this episode.

Really? I totally call my mom's n' aunt's friends by their first names. "Hey Wanda", or "Hey Aj" or "Hey Veil" Ive been doin' that since I was bout' 7 they dont have a prob with it I even called some of my teachers by their first names. Dont'cha think I'd be weird for kids his age sayin' "Hey Dawn's Mom." I mean I did that when I was 5 like the kids on the Rugrats but I would sound stupid sayin' that to a adult today less' I was jokin'.

...you assume. You don't actually *know* if the two extra episodes are these two specials or if they're something else altogether. You're just making an educated guess.

Are you serious? What else can these two extra eps be?... it's pretty obvious...
But whatever... you'll see eventually after these eps air and the official site will list them as 1135-1136

They could be the first two Black and White episodes. It would explain why they're airing right after DP191.

Back
Top Bottom