• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

I'm gonna take a leap and say in that in some way, Pokemon will follow an annual release schedule. I know this sounds strange, for a series of this kind to follow such a program, but we got platinum hgss and bw all in the span of 3 years, and its been perfectly fine. Sure it might wear out some people constantly trading from one game to the next, not knowing which game to leave their team on, but the fact that GF were willing to go 3 games in a row without stop makes me think they're willing to go with it for an indefinite amount of time, or perhaps until the 5th generation's over, and the DS is done with, through gray. This year of course.
And as a note, putting gray on the 3DS wouldn't be hard at all if you think about it, the processor is the same, just the graphic power is higher, they would have to fix the screen resolution, and input all that 3D stuff.

she said they were the last ''entrega'', which primarly used in spanish and Portuguese for delivery, and that basically means that for now they aren't ready for a new game, and that's understandable since BW is still new, and the ''third'' game isn't concluded yet.
The Spanish article makes the implication clear: Generation V will be the first generation not to feature a third version. Maybe there was a mistranslation from Japanese to Spanish, but if that were the case, surely Game Freak or Nintendo would contact the interviewer and ask him to retract the statement.

Third version will happen, there's no doubt in that in my opinion, surely that mysterious God Stone and two ice moves weren't coded for nothing.

Tsutarja said:
Third version will happen, there's no doubt in that in my opinion, surely that mysterious God Stone and two ice moves weren't coded for nothing.
The God Stone was programmed for nothing: It doesn't do anything in Black and White, and it can't be transferred to other games.

Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt will most likely be assigned to the promotional Reshiram and Zekrom released this year, as they'll obviously have exclusive moves. This is not to say that Kyurem can't be distributed with both moves, either via the next movie or the Wii game.

I'm just saying that we shouldn't rule out the third version just because of an interview with, who again? Until I hear it from Masuda himself that Gray/Grey won't happen, I refuse to believe it.

So, why do you think they made the God Stone?

I'm just saying that we shouldn't rule out the third version just because of an interview with, who again? Until I hear it from Masuda himself that Gray/Grey won't happen, I refuse to believe it.
A designer who has worked on Black and White, as well as Platinum. If she were clueless, she wouldn't be joining Masuda to interviews in the first place.

So, why do you think they made the God Stone?
For the same reason there were unobtainable items in Diamond and Pearl, namely the Boat Ticket, Magma Rock and Red Chain. Those ideas had been scrapped and didn't end up being used in Platinum, either.

When you think about it, it doesn't make much sense that the Orb Stone would be linked to Kyurem. Let's not forget that Reshiram and Zekrom are revived from their respective stone, whereas Kyurem is already alive and well; I doubt that would change in a third version.

A designer who has worked on Black and White, as well as Platinum. If she were clueless, she wouldn't have been interviewed alongside Masuda in the first place.
So, she got to design some Pokémon. So what? Maybe she misheard the news, maybe she doesn't even know so she made it up or maybe she just said it in order to shock the fans more once the third version is announced. Anything can happen.

For the same reason there were unobtainable items in Diamond and Pearl, namely the Boat Ticket, Magma Rock and Red Chain. Those ideas had been scrapped and didn't end up being used in Platinum, either.
It's DPPt we're talking about. They didn't make such mistakes in HGSS as I recall and I doubt they would make the same mistake again. Besides, Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt can only be learned by Kyurem, not Reshiram - not Zekrom.

When you think about it, it doesn't make much sense that the Orb Stone would be linked to Kyurem. Let's not forget that Reshiram and Zekrom are revived from their respective stone, whereas Kyurem is already alive and well; I doubt that would change in a third version.
Alternate form?

In the legend, Kyurem was the remaining corpse after the single Pokémon split to Reshiram and Zekrom. The God Stone could "fix" Kyurem transforming it into a "complete" Pokémon such as Reshiram and Zekrome are now. And that complete Pokemon would be its alternate form.

Ice moves can be given out at an event.

God Stone? Well, has the Lock Capsule been distributed yet, despite the random Wi-Fi events at the end of Gen IV (Goon's Scizor, Ash's Pikachu, Manaphy).

It's DPPt we're talking about. They didn't make such mistakes in HGSS as I recall and I doubt they would make the same mistake again.
It's hardly much of a mistake. It's called changing one's mind.

Besides, Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt can only be learned by Kyurem, not Reshiram - not Zekrom.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. The promotional Reshiram and Zekrom need to be set apart from the in-game ones; let's not forget Darkrai and Arceus being distributed with Dialga and Palkia's signature moves (and the latter also knowing Giratina's Shadow Force).

In the legend, Kyurem was the remaining corpse after the single Pokémon split to Reshiram and Zekrom.
Let's be fair: The legend (as we know it) doesn't mention Kyurem, let alone a corpse. Kyurem is implied to have arrived from space while already in monster form.

The God Stone could "fix" Kyurem transforming it into a "complete" Pokémon such as Reshiram and Zekrome are now. And that complete Pokemon would be its alternate form.
That wouldn't explain the God Stone being in Black and White's coding. That data is useless and will remain that way.

Besides, how would Kyurem become the original dragon without merging with Reshiram and Zekrom? I agree that Kyurem's story is untold, but Black and White's plot is fairly complete without it. There are other ways for that story to be told.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. The promotional Reshiram and Zekrom need to be set apart from the in-game ones; let's not forget Darkrai and Arceus being distributed with Dialga and Palkia's signature moves (and the latter also knowing Giratina's Shadow Force).
Okay, I give you that one.

Let's be fair: The legend doesn't mention Kyurem, let alone a corpse.
Indeed, but Kyurem just seems to fit to the trio.

That wouldn't explain the God Stone being in Black and White's coding. That data is useless and will remain that way.
You may be right.

Besides, how would Kyurem become the original dragon without merging with Reshiram and Zekrom?
I didn't mean the original dragon, I meant that Kyurem would get restored, since as you can see by its artwork it's body is damaged.

I'm only having this argument because it wouldn't make sense not to have the third version. Why would they break the tradition now? If so, what will the next games be? Fifth generation can't end with simply two games. :|

Well, Generation V can end with only two handheld games if GameFreak want it to.

I'm so glad that the interview was mistranslated. She/he said that third version won't be on 3DS. :)

I'm so glad that the interview was mistranslated. She/he said that third version won't be on 3DS. :)

Actually, that was the mistranslation. The correct translation is pretty straightforward: "No to everything. We have finished this installment with the Black and White versions."

Of course, there is so much evidence that there will be a third version that I suspect that this person probably isn't aware of it yet. Which would mean it's still pretty early in development.

and that's another reason why people are overreacting!
seriously, if it weren't for that we would NEVER think that there wouldn't be a third game.
we were ALL discussing the fixes of the third version, and now everybody is going haywire for a very fishy phrase, let's just stop it all together.

True. We also gotta consider that this was translated from Japanese to Spanish and only then to English.

Ice moves can be given out at an event.

God Stone? Well, has the Lock Capsule been distributed yet, despite the random Wi-Fi events at the end of Gen IV (Goon's Scizor, Ash's Pikachu, Manaphy).

The Lock Capsule is just supposed to hide TM95.

It's hardly much of a mistake. It's called changing one's mind.

Let's be fair: The legend (as we know it) doesn't mention Kyurem, let alone a corpse. Kyurem is implied to have arrived from space while already in monster form.

Besides, how would Kyurem become the original dragon without merging with Reshiram and Zekrom? I agree that Kyurem's story is untold, but Black and White's plot is fairly complete without it. There are other ways for that story to be told.

The same way Magneton evolves from three Magnemite :lol:

I completely disagree. In every generation the first two games had a (seemingly) complete plot; in G/S Suicune was identical to the other beasts. In R/S Rayquaza appeared after everything was finished, and Sinnoh legends in D/P hadn't a single mention to Giratina or any third Pokémon. Moreover, it's the very first time I see so many hints ingame for a third version: the king's crown, the mention of another original Pokémon, those (by now unobtainable) Ice-moves referencing fire and electricity, etc. If I'm not wrong, Giratina Origin forme and Griseous Orb weren't even in the D/P game data.

My speculations:
N finds the stone in Dragon Helix tower and summons one of the Pokémon, exactly as in B/W. The other stone IS found in the deep of Ancient Castle (in B/W Team Plasma did't find it), and the God Stone is the one in Aloe's museum. And Kyurem won't be in the Giant Hole at all, but sealed on the God's Stone. Still I think the Giant Hole plays a role in the plot, I don't know how.

Ah, Pokémon designer is just trolling us. G/S remakes were denied too.

Actually, that was the mistranslation. The correct translation is pretty straightforward: "No to everything. We have finished this installment with the Black and White versions."

Well, that's the correct translation from Spanish to English. But we're still yet to know if the translation from Japanese to Spanish is correct.

Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt will most likely be assigned to the promotional Reshiram and Zekrom released this year, as they'll obviously have exclusive moves. This is not to say that Kyurem can't be distributed with both moves, either via the next movie or the Wii game.

Well, if Kyurem is not related, now explain me why those are Ice type moves. For teh lulz?

It's clear to me that the third game was denied for marketing purposes. You can't publish a second part when you are just releasing the first part. Imagine Tajiri or Masuda talking about Reshiram/Zekrom the very day HG/SS were released. No way xD

EDIT: And don't forget not even Nintendo was aware of Mew's existence in the first games.

Last edited:
Well, that's the correct translation from Spanish to English. But we're still yet to know if the translation from Japanese to Spanish is correct.

Asumming the interview was being conducted directly between Ibe and a Spanish-speaking member of the site, then it was probably translated during the interview by a professional. It still could have been mistranslated, but I don't think that's likely.

As I said in the other thread. The translation is what it is. Ibe was either mistaken or lying. We don't know if there will be a third version, and if there will be one (which is likely), we still don't know if it will be for 3DS or not.

Back
Top Bottom