• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does Damp prevent Explosion from working in doubles and triples? If it does, then it isn't so useless.
Well, Bulbapedia says it outright stops it, so yeah, I guess it can be.

Although, not as useful as Water Absorb or Cursed Body.

I like stunfisks typing, but they should have given it an evolution with better stats and a 'cooler' design. I remember hearing of a Ground/Electric Pokemon based of a Sting Ray... I was largely disappointed when i saw the design.

I think the original idea for the litwik line was pretty cool. An open flame would look a bit like a Fire Gastly.

Stunfisk has an amazing design.

I just remembered that Frillish and Jellicent got Damp as one of their abilities. Surely, anyone who plays the games before knows that Ghost is immune to Explosion, so it seems like a useless option to them, eh? Well, I am guessing that when they implemented Damp on them, the developers decided to add the Ghost-type, meaning that they decided to put Cursed Body on them instead of Damp, as it's a Ghost-type ability, and they decided that Damp is put as an "extra" ability since it's already implemented (I guess). Still, any other ability other than Damp on them would be more useful.

Thanks for reading.

Kind of like Fan Rotom with its Levitate ability eh? But really, I couldn't agree more, it does seem pointless. However in such a rare scenario, it could be a life saver. Such scenario being someone who thinks they can pull of the ol' Fore Sight/Odor Sleuth + Explosion/Self Destruct combo, you'd be thanking Damp then lol despite Explosion not being as threatening anymore, anything helps right. Also the aforementioned double/triple battle scenarios justify this mostly useless ability.

As for Stunfisk, I love it's cry XD I love it's unique typing too. It's weakness to ground & water irk me for the irony factor but I still love the 'mon. So considering him for my team. Been wanting a ground/electric 'mon for the longest time!

I just remembered that Frillish and Jellicent got Damp as one of their abilities. Surely, anyone who plays the games before knows that Ghost is immune to Explosion, so it seems like a useless option to them, eh? Well, I am guessing that when they implemented Damp on them, the developers decided to add the Ghost-type, meaning that they decided to put Cursed Body on them instead of Damp, as it's a Ghost-type ability, and they decided that Damp is put as an "extra" ability since it's already implemented (I guess). Still, any other ability other than Damp on them would be more useful.

Thanks for reading.

Last time I checked, Aftermath still hits ghost types...

At what point did winstein mention Aftermath? No one's denying that that ability hits Ghost-types, but that's because it's not a move; it's an ability. Explosion (which was mentioned) is a move. And since it's Normal-type, Ghost-types are immune to it, which is why Damp is considered useless on the Ghost-type Jellicent.

Yeah, the last-minute addition of types on some Pokémon certainly explains the contradicting ability.

I was thinking about getting a Cofagrigus when it White comes out. A friend and I had a small disagreement on the design. I’m for it he's not. So I was seeing what other people Point of views are.

Well, it's a ghost and a tank and really creative concept. The only thing I don't like is its name. But otherwise, it's great.

Im a fan of it too. But Jellicent is without a doubt my favorite Ghost-type from this generation.

Juat as I am a fan of Chandelure. But I'll also admit to Cofagrigus being oool.

they're both great!
i had to make this decision for my Ghost
but i ended up with Chandelure because of the extra Fire Type

Is anybody here bothered by the lack of Pokemon with Gender Differences? I mean, there are some animals that could do with a gender difference, like Sawsbuck and Scrafty.

Despite me asking this, I am not bothered by this. I am guessing the lack of it is because the Region is in a way a reboot like Generation 1, where there were lack of gender difference (you know, only the Nidos had!).

Thanks for reading.

Is anybody here bothered by the lack of Pokemon with Gender Differences? I mean, there are some animals that could do with a gender difference, like Sawsbuck and Scrafty.

Despite me asking this, I am not bothered by this. I am guessing the lack of it is because the Region is in a way a reboot like Generation 1, where there were lack of gender difference (you know, only the Nidos had!).

Thanks for reading.

I kinda wish there were more.

I mean, come on!

Briavary just needs one!

The male ones should have had a bigger "mane"

Well, considering the fact that they had to animate over a thousand Pokemon sprites, I forgive the lack of gender differences.

The moving sprites > Gender differences for me

Back
Top Bottom