• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Australia to gets in-store Victini event: EB Games and Toys "R" Us to distribute ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Australia to gets in-store Victini event: EB Games and Toys "R" Us to distribute

Well then in that case it might be worth getting one or both of them waiting till you have 50-100+ Ultra Balls then going there since Victini is a legendary and like most will have the houdini ball trick just like the many other legends have

Re: Australia to gets in-store Victini event: EB Games and Toys "R" Us to distribute

Well then in that case it might be worth getting one or both of them waiting till you have 50-100+ Ultra Balls then going there since Victini is a legendary and like most will have the houdini ball trick just like the many other legends have
You can only get one Liberty Ticket Victini in a single game

Ah so does that mean you would have to make a second trip to download Victini?

I mean like can you get the game and just download it without taking the package? Or like the others do you need to go to Casteilia and activate the Wifi stuff before you can download it?

If the latter how long does it take to get to Casteilia?

I am wondering if maybe I should bring my DS on the day I buy Pokemon Black, go somewhere and open it up, start the game and play until (Better do that early in the morning then) I reach the city, then do the Wifi stuff, save and go download it (Saying that they already got it set up). Probably should play it in the library or something, and that the DS is fully recharged. And then unlock the event whenever I feel like I have enough pokeballs and levels to do so.

I mean like can you get the game and just download it without taking the package? Or like the others do you need to go to Casteilia and activate the Wifi stuff before you can download it?

As Bttstewart said, you only need the Pokédex, which (if memory serves) you'll have by about 15 minutes into the game. I don't believe Mystery Gift needs to be activated; I think it's on from the start, like in HGSS.

All you need to do is get the wonder card, and you can pick up the ticket whenever (though you can only have a maximum of three unclaimed gifts at a time). There's nothing to stop you from claiming the ticket as soon as you reach a Pokémon Centre, though. Once you have the ticket, you can take as long as you like to get to Castelia City and trigger the Victini event.

Ah so I only need to get the dex and then I can download the ticket, sounds alright, I should able to do that in like 10-15 minutes depending on how everything is, I might go a little fast in the beginning (Most of the team I want can't be caught until later except Mamepato anyways)

As Bttstewart said, you only need the Pokédex, which (if memory serves) you'll have by about 15 minutes into the game. I don't believe Mystery Gift needs to be activated; I think it's on from the start, like in HGSS.

All you need to do is get the wonder card, and you can pick up the ticket whenever (though you can only have a maximum of three unclaimed gifts at a time). There's nothing to stop you from claiming the ticket as soon as you reach a Pokémon Centre, though. Once you have the ticket, you can take as long as you like to get to Castelia City and trigger the Victini event.

Precisely, except the Pokedex is obtained closer to 4 minutes in, not 15.

I just looked at original map of Isshu and Castelia City is a fair way away so looks like you'll be at least 2-3 hours in before Victini can be had

I just looked at original map of Isshu and Castelia City is a fair way away so looks like you'll be at least 2-3 hours in before Victini can be had

You can get the ticket almost immediately though.

Sounds good then, although walking from the EBgames to the library then back again and then going to the bus station's a long way lol, oh well aleast it's exercise. I hope that EBgames calls on Thursday morning about it, if it's alot later I may have to get the game on Friday morning (Especially if it's Thursday afternoon/night when they call)

The UK is getting a similar event. Certain GAME stores that missed out on the Celebi event will get this B/W Victini event. From what I gather, the 1st 20 or so customers after opening will get a special B/W backpack with I dunno what in it and Victini. Dunno if this is a V-Generate Victini or just a standard Liberty Pass.

Actually I dont even think you need the Pokedex this time around for Mystery Gift. If you've saved, even before getting the dex, you can get Mystery Gift.
It could be changed for the international version, but iirc the Japanese version let you download Mystery gifts without even starting a game.

What on earth was PokemonAUS's source then?

Who knows but it could be that they're both holding out on it till release day either that or it'll be out somewhere further in the year

I have also been on Ebgames Poke B/W page several times and they have no info on it either :(

While I do think it's nice that Australia is getting a Liberty Pass at the same time as everyone else... there's still the little matter of Celebi. Nintendo of Australia, if you're waiting for the opurtune moment to announce a Celebi event... IT'S NOW.

http://www.ebgames.com.au/news

From this you can see there is absolutely no news on or about a Victini to download nor any info on the Liberty Pass so makes one wonder if any of the EB Staff know of it and it is now revealed by http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-au/pokemon/special-encounters/ that EB/TRU are not part of the Victini download(which could change in 6 days)it's just a matter of time and playing the waiting game for release day to see whether it is true or not

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom