• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have a really awesome pokemon but i am having some trouble trying to find out what moveset i want on it. I come here seeking help.
The pokemon looks something like this. I will give out more information than necessary so you can understand what i am trying to do here.

Excadrill Male Level 60
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sand Rush

Current Moves
Sandstorm, Earthquake, Swords dance, Rock slide

Stats: HP 248 Atk. 245 Def. 95 Sp. Atk. 63 Sp. Def. 99 speed 129
IVs (according to judge and IV calculator)
HP 14 or 15, Atk. 31 Def. 31 Sp. Atk 9 or 10 or 11 Sp. Def 27 or 28 Speed 31
EV spread is 252 Atk. 252 HP and 6 speed.

I use to have metal claw on him but replaced it with sandstorm. It just wasnt doing it for me. Rock climb can attack two opponents in double battles and can hit flying types super effective while EQ can not hit them at all.
Any suggestions or is this pretty much as good as it gets?
I know he can learn stronger moves like X-Scizzor but i don't know if that would be smart because he wouldn't be able to take down flying types.

So, any suggestions comments or questions?

Also, what item would go good with this set?
im thinking Rocky Helmet or air balloon?

I've tried to search the thing I've having question about, even in both wiki, and Serebii and it doesn't seems to answer my question.

When you're EV training, can one of the Pokemons in your party hold an Exp. Share, and still gain EV even if he is not in the battle?

If so... would the Pokemon also get the double EV with Exp. Share, IF the Pokemon that is holding the Macho Brace (for double EV train) that killed a wild Pokemon?

I've tried to search the thing I've having question about, even in both wiki, and Serebii and it doesn't seems to answer my question.

When you're EV training, can one of the Pokemons in your party hold an Exp. Share, and still gain EV even if he is not in the battle?

Yes.

If so... would the Pokemon also get the double EV with Exp. Share, IF the Pokemon that is holding the Macho Brace (for double EV train) that killed a wild Pokemon?

No.

Does the nurse still tell you if you have pokerus?

Do the trainers you face in the feris wheel ever increase their lvls?

I've noticed that when I view my Pokemon's stats, some of the stats are highlighted in either blue or red, and it varies for each Pokemon. Does anyone know what this means? I thought it indicated their highest and lowest stats, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

Red is the one increased by their nature, and blue is the one decreased, it's been there since HGSS

Should i just use my masterball on Kyurem?
Everything else is apparently easy as balls to catch.

EDIT: lol, nevermind. Got Kyurem in a dusk ball :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know an easy way to get backpacker herman (guy with porygon-z who generates dusk stones) into black city/white forest? Also is there a fast way to empty city/forest because mine are full right now.

Does anyone know an easy way to get backpacker herman (guy with porygon-z who generates dusk stones) into black city/white forest?

Talking to him in the opposite version's location via the Entralink is the only (legitimate) way.

Also is there a fast way to empty city/forest because mine are full right now.

Stop interacting with the Trainers there, and wait several days.

As of right now, is there any efficient way to obtain some EV-reducing berries in the English version of Pokemon B/W?

From what I understand there is no way. Just have to wait till the dream world opens up

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of :p. Oh well, I'll have to refrain from maxxing my party's levels and/or getting the Effort Ribbon.

Hopefully Japan will recover soon and subsequently, open Dream World to other countries.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of :p. Oh well, I'll have to refrain from maxxing my party's levels and/or getting the Effort Ribbon.

Hopefully Japan will recover soon and subsequently, open Dream World to other countries.

Pokemon can still earn EVs at lvl 100 in this gen. Also there's no effort ribbon, just to clear things up.

Also, the only legit way right now is to beg someone online with a japanese version of b/w and had access to the dream world when it was still up.

Pokemon can still earn EVs at lvl 100 in this gen. Also there's no effort ribbon, just to clear things up.

Also, the only legit way right now is to beg someone online with a japanese version of b/w and had access to the dream world when it was still up.

Really? You can earn EVs after lv100? How will you be able to tell the stat increase if your Pokemon'll never get another stats update upon leveling?

Oh, and if there's no Effort Ribbon does that girl in whatever city (Opelucid, I think?) just tell you the current EV state of your Pokemon? Like 'Your Pokemon needs to work a little harder' or 'Oh, your -Pokemon name- has worked very hard!' similar to previous generations?

Woah, I'd like confirmation on the EV thing too. If that's the case, it may not be too late to save an old Sapphire version level 100 from the scrap heap.

Stats are recalculated at the end of the battle. I can't confirm that you gain evs at 100 as I have nothing that high in this game that does not have evs but I can confirm that the stats change at the end of the battle rather than on level up.

@/Zer0 Yeah, she just basically tells you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom