• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Voice Actors Discussion (READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING)

What do you think about the new voices?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're also comparing Sarah to Kayzie when Sarah's had a couple dozen episodes to Kayzie's one. Kind of like comparing Sarah to Veronica, as some of you are fond of saying.

I'd wager that if Kayzie were given the same chance Sarah has been given to this point, she'd be far superior. Kayzie knows how to act. Her only problem was that she didn't find the voice right away.

I known Sarah needs to improve, but her voice has high hopes in my eyes. I definately say I am enjoying her performance as of late, and I don't give a damn if you guys don't think so, but I think she has improved to be one of my favorite VA's in the new dub.
Well, that's good for you, Habunake.

But for what it's worth, I'm going to fight until the end. I will not let season 10 turn out the same way season 9 has. I mean, there's no way I'll be able sit through the D/P season, and cringe every time Ash opens his mouth.

It's obvious to me that Sarah won't improve much, if any, by the time Battle Frontier is over.

So I hope that after everything I do, and my friends do, maybe they will allow Veronica to work on season 10. That's the best thing I could possibly hope for right now.

I'd wager that if Kayzie were given the same chance Sarah has been given to this point, she'd be far superior. Kayzie knows how to act. Her only problem was that she didn't find the voice right away.

Because I'm sure you can see into the future, amirite?

Wow, that's sad. Did you tell those people that a new character named Hikari comes along and Misty never comes back?

We're trying our best :D

I think Sarah >>>>>> Kayzie, like in every way.

Kayzie does a great Max, imo.

Kayzie from the original Mastermind was indeed horrid. Thank god it was changed.

Not at all. If only they given her a chance... Squirtle in Dungeon Special sounded like Ash to me most of time.

I agree with that... but as i mentioned before, Sarah sounds almost like Ash from Indigo, so maybe that was the point... I can live with her now, also having a hope they'll dub BF here and we'll get our usual Ash.

I can live with her now, also having a hope they'll dub BF here and we'll get our usual Ash.

You mean that girly Polish Ash which is even less standing then Sarah? Or do you speaking about German dub with their many mistakes? PUSA dub is still better for me than both of those :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

But now, on different note. I just rewatch Extreme Pokémon, and found that Day Care Lady's voice similar to Nanny's voice in Sweet Baby James. Is it possible that they have same Voice Actress?

But for what it's worth, I'm going to fight until the end. I will not let season 10 turn out the same way season 9 has. I mean, there's no way I'll be able sit through the D/P season, and cringe every time Ash opens his mouth.

So I hope that after everything I do, and my friends do, maybe they will allow Veronica to work on season 10. That's the best thing I could possibly hope for right now.

umm...hate to burst your bubble but NewBrock on spp said that he and the other VA's will continue their work for D/P. This really shouldn't surprise anyone. There isn't a thing you can do to change it.

And also, I think Sarah sounds better than Veronica. Sarah sounds like the Ash from Indigo and that's the Ash I like. Veronica's sounded to girly for my taste. I don't want them to sound the same at all. I think they should have their own way...

I wish people would stop telling them to stop trying to bring them back.

Really, many of them, like Lisa, won't stop trying till their dream comes true. And that's one thing I really admire about them.

Can we get a definition of "girly" please? I've never heard a girl with a voice as deep as Ash's.

I don't think either Ash voices sound girly. Sarah's Ash is actually deeper than any of Veronica's Ash's.

Actually, that's not true, in my opinion.

Whenever I watch a Battle Frontier episode, and Sarah's Ash says something, you can hear a slight girl-ish tone to that voice. I didn't notice it at first, but if you listen closely to Sarah's Ash, you can tell that it's there.

And of course, Veronica's Ash was never girly, in my opinion. I love that voice. It's so cute and sweet. <3

umm...hate to burst your bubble but NewBrock on spp said that he and the other VA's will continue their work for D/P. This really shouldn't surprise anyone. There isn't a thing you can do to change it.

And also, I think Sarah sounds better than Veronica. Sarah sounds like the Ash from Indigo and that's the Ash I like. Veronica's sounded to girly for my taste. I don't want them to sound the same at all. I think they should have their own way...
I don't care what NewBrock says!

He can say that all he wants, and act like he's some kinda big shot or some person in charge of things.

But there is no way he could ever stop me or any SOVA member from mailing letters to Pokemon USA!

And with that said, you can't change my mind about this either, Pocket_Monsters. No one can. I've got my heart set on bringing the VAs back, and that's exactly what I'm gonna do. End of story.

I don't care if people say it's impossible, or if they tell us to give up. I'm still gonna do it anyway.

Besides, the worst thing that could happen would be that we failed. But even that wouldn't be bad if you look at it in a certain way.

Heck, I'll just bring up the post I made in the SOVA thread a while back......

*copied and pasted from the SOVA thread*

Not to provoke a flame war, or anything, but I'm confused by your stance.
Also, what will happen if you should fail?
Now don't get me wrong, Infinite Sceptile. It would definitely be better if we were to succeed, of course. We'd come to be known as the group, or rather organization, that almost singlehandedly got the original VAs back on Pokemon. And also, the VAs would only respect us even MORE because of that.

And in my opinion, after all that hard work we've done, nothing would be better for us than to receive the kinda recognition that we all deserve.

But, if it turns out we shall fail, then it's like the gadfly told us once before.

At least we tried our best to accomplish something near impossible, something that we truly believed in and wanted to do more than anything.

And at that moment, the most important thing would be that we learned a lesson from everything. And we'd at least be happy knowing that we gained some very useful knowledge from this experience.

Also, I'm sure that all the VAs would be thankful that we tried our best to save them, even if we were to fail.

It would show them how much we, as fans, really care about them and love them for the great and wonderful voice actors that they really are. They put their hearts and souls into the characters on Pokemon, and we felt it would only make sense to return the favor and do the same for them, by pouring our own hearts and souls into saving the VAs and getting their jobs back.

And although I can't speak for the other SOVA members, overall, I think I'll at least be satisfied with whatever happens. And whether we fail or succeed in the end, that doesn't matter to me.

All of the voice actors are special to us, and in the end, they'll know this no matter what the outcome of the situation is, whether it's good or bad.

Okay, so we have this:
I don't think either Ash voices sound girly. Sarah's Ash is actually deeper than any of Veronica's Ash's.
And then this:
PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Actually, that's not true, in my opinion.
Truth is determined by facts, not opinions. Or, as Maddie once posted:
maddiejoan said:
"A person is entitled to their own opinions, not to their own facts".
And for the record I don't think Ash sounds girly at all, whether he's voiced by Veronica or Sarah.

Then again, ummm....most 10 year old males I know do indeed sound like girls.

It's not near-impossibe. IT IS VERY MUCH impossible. You can not control what PUSA does in their company. And PokemonTrainerLisa, haven't you ever heard of the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? so far, I haven't seen or heard one thing that could make PUSA want to change their voice actors.

This show is getting monster ratings on CN. Do you honestly think that they'll wake up one morning and say, "hey, let's waste money and get Veronica back on. Who gives a f*** about Sarah?" Do you think that they'll just fire her after all the work and improvement she has made? Come on. Let's get real here.

I admire your courage Lisa and know that no one can change your mind but I just wanted to state the facts that one has to be aware of...

Oh, well.

I guess the girly thing doesn't matter, really.

I was just saying that I believe Veronica's Ash never sounded like a girl.

However, with SarahAsh, if you listen closely, sometimes (but not all the time) you can actually hear a little bit of Sarah's own voice coming from her Ash voice. I just wanted to point that out.

EDIT: Yes, Pocket_Monsters, I know all the facts about Pokemon USA and everything. And I also realize how high the ratings are for Battle Frontier.

And what do you mean you haven't seen or heard one thing that could make PUSA want to change their VAs? What about letter writing campaigns? I know for a fact that those DO work!!

Also, I remember a post Dogasu made in this thread a while back, saying that a letter writing campaing could make them change their minds. Those weren't his exact words, but that's pretty much what he said.

Last edited:
You're leaving out one factor though. They will not fire Sarah. I don't care how many letters you send. The whole universe can send out letters. When it comes to money, they will do what they need to. Bottom line, Sarah's cheap and a good replacement. Why change a good thing? PUSA will keep Sarah because they believe she's sufficient. And I think they care more about the well being of their employers...

Oh, really?

Why would Pokemon USA believe that Sarah is still sufficient if a bunch of letters tell them otherwise?

As a company, they need to listen to the fans, because the fans are the consumers - the people who watch the show that they dub.

If they don't listen to us, then their product's quality will be much lower (then it could be), and if the quality is down, then the show's ratings will go down as well.

Oh, really?

Why would Pokemon USA believe that Sarah is still sufficient if a bunch of letters tell them otherwise?

As a company, they need to listen to the fans, because the fans are the consumers - the people who watch the show that they dub.

If they don't listen to us, then their product's quality will be much lower (then it could be), and if the quality is down, then the show's ratings will go down as well.
We have 2.5-3.1 ratings for battle Frontier. You people dont even make the .1 of those ratings. Unless you can get 1 or 2 million people that hate the voices, you wont get anywhere. Not to mention you're not even the target age.

*jaw drops*

Huh? Who are you?

You sound like you're in the business or something!! O_O

If I were to guess, I'd say you're probably someone high-up in the ranks, who works for either Pokemon USA or TAJ Productions.

Yikes, if I'm right, then I am so scared right now......

*runs away*

Oh, and by the way, is anyone else as confused as I am, about who made that mysterious Unregistered post? :confused:

Last edited:
Ratings have actually been slipping steadily for this last month.

just sayin'

That's because Cartoon Network put it in direct competition with Spongebob on Nick.

When Pokemon was airing on KidsWb, it had no real strong competition from other cartoons on the 10am timeslot.

But CN put it on 9am at the same time Spongebob gets 6.0 ratings or so every weekend on Nick. Spongebob is insanely popular with the kids, and many are tuning into that over Pokemon. Cartoon Network should move Pokemon up an hour to 10am for better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom