• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash Or A New Guy?

Who do you want in the anime?

• Ash

Votes: 146 62.4%
  • A New Guy :)

Votes: 88 37.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it happening.
1. The merchandise is selling awesomely.
2.The Ratings are doing awesomely top 10 every week in Japan and doing good in America.
There's really no point if this show is doing the job it was meant to do.

i don't see it happening

but i'd be fine with it...

IF they gave Satoshi a Proper Closure

Ash needs to stay, end of story. Until he finally wins a Pokemon League and challenges the Champion League, they can't get rid of him. I like Ash. I agree with anyone that says hes dumb though, because he is. He's traveled through 5 regions already and he still forgets the basics like having to weaken Pokemon before you catch them. Unless its the rare opportunity that it stays in the Pokeball with out battling.
To make a long story short so I stop rambling, either Ash needs to win the Unova League, or go to one more region and win that League. I vote for one more region. I like Ash, hes been there since the beginning with Pikachu. Or they could at least age him up a bit to at least 13 somehow.

Ash needs to stay, end of story. Until he finally wins a Pokemon League and challenges the Champion League, they can't get rid of him. I like Ash. I agree with anyone that says hes dumb though, because he is. He's traveled through 5 regions already and he still forgets the basics like having to weaken Pokemon before you catch them. Unless its the rare opportunity that it stays in the Pokeball with out battling.
To make a long story short so I stop rambling, either Ash needs to win the Unova League, or go to one more region and win that League. I vote for one more region. I like Ash, hes been there since the beginning with Pikachu. Or they could at least age him up a bit to at least 13 somehow.

His "forgetting" means nothing. This show is meant for children 6-17 y/old male Japanese kids. They'll have him forget anything for a good plot. Anybody expecting for him not to act that way again is demented.

I heard rumors last year around the time when the first images of Black and White were released in Japan that Ash wasn't going to be in the Unova-based anime. Turns out that was not true. I don't mind Ash getting replaced but I think a new boy would replace him and Ash would have retired because the goal of being a Pokemon master was impossible.

yea spinoffs are kool and all but i dont want a full side series legend of thunder and chronicles was enough for me

Ash! He's the hero after all, and I've grown to like him.

I heard rumors last year around the time when the first images of Black and White were released in Japan that Ash wasn't going to be in the Unova-based anime. Turns out that was not true. I don't mind Ash getting replaced but I think a new boy would replace him and Ash would have retired because the goal of being a Pokemon master was impossible.

We have those rumours every generation. Nothing new.

I'd be okay with replacing him. He is getting kinda static. The power resets and bringing him back to basics is taking its toll and is starting to show. It was believalbe the first time but now, it seems much too forced.

After Ash is done we need someone to replace him, I want Ash but if he does get replaced make Max his replacement but with not a annoying voice actor and with some funny scenes with him and who ever he traveling with.

I think Ash should of been replaced at the of Johto, if the creators actually did the first 5 season better like, a much greater Team Rocket Organisation influence, better character development with Brock and Misty (especially Misty's relationship with Ash), Ash reaching the finals with Gary in the Indigo League but because of a Team Rocket (a major Raid with multiple agents not just Jessie and James) attack on the Indigo Plateau the battle would be postpone until 4 months later, where Ash travels through Orange Islands meeting and challenging the Elite four members, then at the main stadium battling and just losing to Gary. Then Ash travels through Johto, with a Celibi mini story arc in the Ilbex forest. At the Silver League Ash defeats Gary and becomes a pokemon master. However Ash is then given a challenge from a mysterious pokemon master at the top of Mt Silver. Ash loses the fight but the Mysterious Pokemon Master revels himself as a future Adult Ash.

Ash just needs to wise up a bit (or a lot). I don't think the show needs a new main character.

However Ash is then given a challenge from a mysterious pokemon master at the top of Mt Silver. Ash loses the fight but the Mysterious Pokemon Master revels himself as a future Adult Ash.

Neat idea. Personally I wish I could go back in time and kick my own ten-year-old self's ass in a Pokémon battle. I would laugh so hard and I'd love to see it being done to Ash.

Ash is the main character of the series although he has been in the series since the first episode until the Unova region however; having a new trainer wouldn't be that bad; maybe once Ash reaches Champion then another trainer would come in and would have to fight him later on. Hopefully if we get a new trainer it'll be one of his friends from the past or maybe have a series about his friends Pokemon Chronicles 2 but other then that I do agree a bit for Ash getting replaced. It would be nice to have a new character in the series and start knowing more about their personality and such. Hope this character would be a good character and worth watching.

Ash forever!!! This show is his journey, it started with and will end with him whenever it completely ends. People keep complaining that Misty is gone, or Brock is gone and those were horrible mistakes. Big deal, if Ash was gone the show would be over. It just wouldn't be the same. Ash and Pikachu have come so far just to be taken out. He has a goal, and I want to see him achieve it.

All of you who want a new character I want to know what you think will change just because a new person takes Ash's place? I mean he'll probably have the same goal, he'll meet a lot of the same-ish type of people, a lot of story lines would repeat anyway. There might just be another enemy...like Team Rocket.

The literal best guess for Ash being gone would be once the WHOLE Pokemon show is comepletely over...not trying to be rude or anything, but that's what is stuck in my head right now.

Please tell me though, what you think would happen if Ash was actually gone...

Last edited:
It's time for a new protagonist. A complete overhaul, really. The games found some balls and went out for something different. IMO, it was completely successful, now the anime should follow suit. The answer would be different if Ash's journey actually felt like something progressing, and a real sense of a conclusive path for our star, but it doesn't. And he looks the same, hell, younger even.

The point is, they're just pressing restart at the end of every journey, and that formula is losing ground for me. It's not fresh, and it's not as fun as it use to be. Back in the day, it felt like Ash was going somewhere, now his journey just feels pathetic, like a shell of any potential glory.

Ash needs to pass the torch.

You would think that with BW being a fresh start, it would be the perfect opportunity/excuse for the writers to replace Ash but it seems that they want to keep him around a bit longer.

Ash is a safety. No new protagonist means they get to pussy foot around the big issues, like telling a cohesive story. They're able to fall back on someone who already had an origin, knows about Pokemon, and they don't know how to do it differently. Unfortunately, it just feels foolish at this point. And Ash seems far less heroic now.

I don't see why they can't create a cohesive story with Ash. They stopped relying on Team Rocket, but they're still important.

I have the same problem. I don't see why they can't. I'd love to be a fly on that wall. Are they getting pressured into it? Some bigwigs calling the shots, forcing creativity down the fucking toilet? I mean, where's the source of this? Or, is this the best they can do?

I love the anime, but why is it still exactly the same as it was some odd years ago? I'm not feeling that love anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom