• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

Heh, psychic is the unofficial light type.

However, it has been hinted at by Game Freak with Espeon.

Also, we don't need more religious imagery do we?

So here's a pic of that Persian evolution I made up...this one has no stripes on its back, though.

What with all the Persian Evo Discussion, ill throw in my idea.

A Liger Pokemon. (Liger is a Lion/Tiger Cross bread)

Named: Persica (Or Similar) (Name from Panthera Leo Persica)

Looks: Like a liger (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liger) but with persian-like charecteristics, IE The whiskers, the ears, "bindi" and tail. Also very long fangs.

Base Stats:

HP: 95
Att: 100
Def:70
SpAtt: 60
SpDef: 95
Spd: 100 (Larger in size so decreases speed)

I think I posted this somewhere else, but I'm just revising it. Revised repost is revised.

-A tassie tiger pokemon that's Dark type...possibly a ground or rock type as its secondary type. It can however has a decent movepool to counteract its weaknesses. It can be interchanged from physical sweeper to annoyer . I'm think that if it has an evo it would be a Thylacleo(sp). Capturing these guys will be difficult because they're rare and will flee a battle often.

-A Sharpedo evo that's based on a Megalodon. It gains greater stamina at the cost of speed. Evoloves via awakening stone.

-A ground-type Tamandua pokemon that uses its claws for digging and fighting, and its tail as a club. Has a nice Sp. Attack/ Attack but its defenses? No so much. Its Evo being a giant anteater pokemon makes up for that being a Ground/steel tank. Has neat speed for a ground type.

Lastly, a semi-legendary pokemon dark/fighting type with two forms. When active, it's a Curselax wanna-be. Asleep and it's a sweeper(but without all that nice defense its active mode has D:). See my avatar for its picture.

What about a 'Wind' type. They don't have to fly at all.
I always thought ???-Flying was dumb but when you look at Flying only it has 2 strengths-Grass + Fighting-and 3 weaknesses-Ice,Electric + Rock- straightout so i think thats why there isnt a 'pure' Flying type
Does it seem strange to you?,why havent they made 4th evolutions for awesome PKMN?
I have a couple i made up:
Flamose-a Fiery Water Mouse
Isimo-a plain Ice type(Yay!!),it can evolve into either
a Ice/Fire type who evolves into
an Ice/Ground type
or Isimo can evolve into a non legendary Ice/Flying type
Scynie-Pre Scyther
an Electric/Ground,does not evolve
Falcara-your Bird of prey
a Poison/Dragon type,3rd stage
Hitmobard-the 1st Fighting/Flying!,possible Tyrogue evo
Hammero-another Shark cause Sharks ROCK!!
Water/Steel evo of Hammero
Bug/Fire,not an evo of Scyther
a Wind type evolves into
an Wind/Fighting type,evolves into
a Wind/Fighting when traded
Asidio-Poison,Ability:Dissolve when an attack like Mega Punch or Steel Wing that connect directly hit Asidio they faint immediately

what do you think?
I agree there should be a Light type cause isnt Psychic the opposite of Ghost.
What about an Ice/Dragon or Dragon/Ice type
Dragon beats Dragon,Ice beats Dragon/Grass/Flying/Ground
Dragon is beaten by Dragon/Ice
Ice is beaten by Fire/???
Fire against Dragon is nullified
making Ice/Dragon-Dragon/Ice invincible

Not really. They have some relations but they aren't complete opposites.

Dark and psychic are certainly more so. I mean, sure psychic is weak against dark in games for the sake of fairness in battling, but it doesn't mean they aren't opposites. I still base that psychic is the light type because Espeon is the sun pokemon. And its counterpart is a dark pokemon, umbreon the moon pokemon.

New types

I'd like to see some more new types..

I can't really think of any good ones..something like dinosaur (they did dragon) or light..

Any ideas?

It would be cool if there was a pair of legendary pokemon that represent the forces of Yin and Yang; Yin could be a dark/water legendary and the Yang pokemon could be a psychic/fire type.

Oh, really? I'm not too fermiliar with the backstory on Latios and Latias... I'll look it up sometime.

What about 'Wind'?
Like Flying but doesnt need to have 'Wings'
Id put Doduo & Dodrio here,how do they class as 'Flying'?

They're birds. They don't need wings to be Flying.

Don't think there'd be much advantage to a Wind-type, anyway... That's pretty much what Flying is. And... why Missingno.'s Bird-type is extraneous. Anyone know the exact weaknesses that Bird has?

I'm thinking seventeen types is more than enough. They need to balance them out more, though. There were only five new Fire-types introduced in DP, three were the starters, one evolved from an old Pokémon, and one was legendary. Water's getting HUGE. Unnecessarily so.

About the Psychic/Dark antithesis thing, there hasn't been a Pokémon of that type combo yet. Maybe an evolution of Girafarig? After all, it learns Crunch, why not give it STAB?

So anyway, my thoughts would be that they should keep introducing new type combos. Normal's not been paired up with thirteen of the sixteen it could be, though that probably has reason. Next Fire starter I hope has a final form that has a new secondary type. Maybe Poison or Rock? For that second one it'd have to be volcano-related for sure.

Didn't Doduo/Dodrio fill that requirement? (Except they're flying types, oddly enough... -_-)

Mmm... kiwi.

So a fuzzy brown bird that bleeds green, basically.

Or are we talking the avian equivalent of Tropius here?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom