• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you rotate your team?

Karamazov

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
So what do you do with your in-game team? Do you rotate between members throughout your game, or is your team mostly static?

Mostly static. An exception was made on HG, because dammit I am going to take advantage of being able to catch Mewtwo in this remake. >:B

I tried rotating twice. Both times ended up screwing the whole team over.

I rotate shitloads after I finish the game (We are talking about switching out members of the team for better guys right?)

I have a large rotating team. Like almost every Pokemon I've caught I've trained for battle at some point. I keep the most important ones in my last box though.

While I'm still playing through the storyline? Certainly not. In-game teams become infinitely easier to manage as your team size approaches three. I typically draw the line at five - I can never carry more then five and an HM user, anyway, and if I try to use any more than five on the same in-game team I end up spreading my EXP gain too thin. After the credits roll, I'll rotate my team around through all of my trained Pokémon while I continue to close out sidequests, but that hardly counts toward the question.

Hayyl naw.
I usually keep the same team through out the whole game, unless I get impatient with one of the Pokemon, because they keep losing every battle and make me cry for using so many rare candies on them...

I rotate a fair bit. I have a central battling team, and a Breeder (Volcarona) and usually 1 or 2 Pokemon that Im training. I have a Starmie and a Toxicroak reserved specifically for online battling, and a team of Galvantula, Samurott, Archeops, Mismagius, and Ferrothorn that stay with me at all time when Im not breeding. Ferrothorn, Mismagius and Galvantula usually join my online team. I also have a Simisear, Tropius and Beheeyem as reserve members. And Im currently training a DreamWorld Masquerain.

So, yes, I rotate.

Nope.

Once I find a team of 6 that I'm satisfied with, I'm never rotating. Unless it's to train a under-leveled Pokemon or I need a HM slave to get through some areas.

I rotate around all throughout the game, then end up with one overall team with my ones that got strongest at the end :3

Depends, if it's early in-game.. It's static.. I will usually put my starter in front, making it the strongest poke till I finished the story.. Then I will start rotating to make the levels of my team even.. :)

I don't exactly rotate, nor keep my team the way it is.

I replace members throughout the journey, such as Scolipede, who was replaced by a Galvantula for the post-game stuff. Unfezant was replaced by Mandibuzz as well. During the main story, I replaced Darumaka by Axew as soon as I was able to.

So basically, by the time I ditch my team of six, and start breeding/working on Pokédex/Ev training, the only original member left would by my starter.

Mostly static. This way I don't have to train more than six Pokémon. Trying to rotate my team always results in it becoming massively underleveled and unbalanced for me. Therefore, the only time I ditch my old Pokés for new ones is very early in the game (no more than the fourth gym) in replacing a Pokémon that can be found very early for some Pokémon with better type coverage, since in the early stages of the game the level gaps aren't too large.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom