• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW035: Sommelier-Detective Dent! The Case of the Disappearing Tabunne!!

re: BW 035 (038) "Sommelier-Detective Dent! Tabunne Disappearance Case!!" Review Thread

Well, this is what they call fillers. New Pokemon but no reason for the plots. But I'm glad that Cilan is getting more involved, it shows that he is willing to atleast try.

re: BW 035 (038) "Sommelier-Detective Dent! Tabunne Disappearance Case!!" Review Thread

Let's not forget that we had the debut of a new version of the Sinnoh Motto theme in this episode!

Let's not forget that we had the debut of a new version of the Sinnoh Motto theme in this episode!
I really hope that doesn't mean it will stay, as in be in every single motto after this episode. The new version was still sucky.

Man. Gothimu's voice sounded exactly like Haruka's Achamo. Really didn't help that it sounded like it was saying 'Chamo chamo!' every time it opened it's mouth.

...Yeah. That's all I've got to say about this one.

But I'm glad that Cilan is getting more involved, it shows that he is willing to atleast try.

The problem was that, despite the title, he didn't really.

With Detective Dent and a Conan Edogawa look-a-like, this episode is surprisingly boring. TR was the worst part.

This episode wasn't as bad as I expected (from the reviews I read). It was kinda cute....I have to admit, I have a liking for Audino now, if not for their adorable little derp smiles ^^

The kids were entertaining enough...just wish they played on their personalities a bit more than their obviously shallow rivalry. Should have gone head to head with each other a bit more. But I think I was most impressed at their designs for some reason. They stand out.

Dento was of course the highlight of this episode for me. My favorite part had to be when Jenny was all "Arata, this is serious business. It's NOT a detective game, the audino are missing for real" and Dento's all "yupyup" and Iris is all "You too Dento =_="

That's just so amazing :'D I just wanted to give them all big hugs!

Freaked out during the detective transformation time...and the part where the light was all dramatic behind him.

But yeah...the plot was predictable and stuff. What can ya do.

- What the hell was up with the ipads? Tabunne are freaking huge and are three feet in front of you... YOU DON'T NEED THE IPAD

Fuck. Yes. Quoted for truth high touch cookie.
I mean, if they had just taken their eyes off of that stupid thing and actually hauled their asses since the Audino were walking at like freaking less than 2 miles per hour...maybe they didn't have to go through all that crap in the first place =_=

And noooo Rogenrolla is not justified to be in this episode. No. It's still not useful. *Denial**Denial**Denial* That warehouse looked shady anyways :/

I think the episode is clearly making a jab at society's dependence on technology how this will make us resort to using rubble.

Maybe the reason Dent has all these hobbies is because he's a kid and heart and loves make-believe? Or he has a "sparkle quota" to fill each episode.

Alright, I have finally managed to watch this episode! ^^

Like pretty much everyone said, for a Dento-centric episode this one managed to neglect him, a lot. He didn't even help out much to solve the case, the biggest contribution he made was when he suggested to Ash to use his Dangoro, which was pretty good imo. Other than that, like Iris summed it up: "He's being a pain again ..." I have to say, this episode didn't make me like Dento any more than before despite the fact writers introduced "Sommelier Detective" in order for Dento to gain more popularity (which they downright said when the title was revealed).

The things I did enjoy in this episode though were Iris's priceless expressions and comments to Dento's antics (and Ash's behavior). She, and the two children were kinda amusing. I wish the writers focused more on their rivalry, I think things would have turned out better. Overall, Iris made the episode for me in this one! :D

UGH, AND THOSE FREAKING IPADS! WHAT ARE YOU, BLIND? <_<

... yeah, this episode was fairly boring.

I get it: the episode is actually a satire on how popular technology (or just iPads) distracts people from the world around them, making them unable to do their jobs. We were supposed to learn a lesson.

The episode wasn't so bad, but it wasn't anything special, either.

First, I thought the plot was underwhelming and generic, but Dent's detective self was entertaining. He looks good with that hat; hopefully he uses it again in the future. He got to show off his smarts again with his knowledge of Tabunne's and Dangoro's quirks involving sound. Adding to that, I was glad the writers made good use of Satoshi's Dangoro; more personality would have been nice, though.

Also, the writers' contrasting between Gothimu and Uniran was funny. Their trainers were enjoyable, and I liked their little rivalry. They managed to show off both Pokémon well in my opinion. They also did a good job of demonstrating Tabunne's versatile move set at the end with the various-typed attacks fired at Rocket-dan.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode enough to where I wasn't bored to tears, but I would have liked more (especially with detective!Dent). The episode at least gave me a chance to laugh at some druggy Tabunne. xD

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom