• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

When I was 6, I named a Rhyhorn "Horny" on my Pokemon Silver.

Last edited:
When I was about 6-ish, and playing a copy of Gold, I named a Sentret 'Seegood' (They have good vision, so in my odd mind it seemed Seegood was a wonderful name.) My Unown (B) was called '8'. Because that's what it looked like.

I forgot to mention "iPod!!!" the Mewtwo. I couldn't think of a better name. ^^;

I tend to give my Pokemon respectable names most of the time, but I named my Mr. Mime ARCEUS once.

And then one time I wanted a Forretress, but I didn't have any Pokemon that knew Headbutt so I could look for Pinecos. So I caught a Drowzee and named her Headbutt.

"Headbutt used Headbutt!"

I caught a shiny Floatzel, which is golden, and named it Felton, after the actor Tom Felton (I'VE MET HIM) AKA Draco Malfoy, who has blonde hair.

It was only later that I realised that my lovely Felton is a girl.

*facepalm*

I have a Doduo in my living Pokedex nicknamed "Anything". I don't really know why.

I brought my Emerald second hand, the owner had a Blaziken lv. 100 named "TORCHICCCC" and a Latias named "MONOPOL". No idea why, but it made me laugh. Also brought my Pearl second hand, I remember the owner had a Budew named Han Solo. It's like, wtf.

I never come up with cool names. =(((

Most of my Pikachu have stupid names, ranging from "Sparky" (the most cliched) to "Pikoo" (...what?).

Well,
Lashanda-the female machoke
Shinxy-The shinx
pEggy-the eggsacute
Tilly-the gyarados
And my first pokemon ever, Bee the charizard, what posesed me to name it that, I don't know but now I have a tradtion of naming all my charmanders Bee.

caught a shiny spearow when i was ordering my xmas work lunch from the cafe so i called it "no carrots" (i still got carrots on my lunch but no big whoop)

I've called a Hypno "Magic man" and a Fearow, "Fear-Oh". Those were regular battlers of mine too .

When I played Pearl for the first time, I started to get annoyed how all of the Pokemon names were all capitalized, so, i named my PIPLUP to Piplup, without realization that it would become an Empoleon.

For some weird reason, I named all my Pokemon in Soul Silver all after swear words, like my Zubat was named 'Bitchface' (?!) XD I tried doing it for a joke in Pokemon Black, but it seems they have a swear filter XDD

Ooh, and in Pokemon Black I named all my Pokemon after Pokemon from the previous generations cus I'm cool like that, so my Munna was called Drowzee, and my Pansear was Chimchar 8D XD

Atleast I made you laugh! For bonus, she's careful natured and is Often Lost in thought .... which is very unHaruhi-like

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom