• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will replace the Sky Drop TM?

Reaction score
As you all should know, the infamous Sky Drop Glitch has caused the move to be banned from Wi-fi Battles. So what's the point of keeping the TM for the move if it can't even be used anymore?

I have a feeling that the next Gen 5 game will replace TM 58 Sky Drop with another move. Do you want this change to happen, and if so what move should replace it? Or do you think that Sky Drop should still keep its TM status?

There are very few pokemon that actually learn the move, even by TM.

I'd replace it, perhaps with Roost (which was once a TM), or Hurricane. (Preferably, it'd be unique to "Flying" pokemon.)

Last edited:
Roost would be useful again, but they should at least try to fix it. If they can't, well, then replace it with Roost.

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed several TMs around in the next game. Now that TMs can't be held or traded, that opens the door for them to make changes whenever they damn well please. Or, dare I say it, version-exclusive TMs? Let's say, for the sake of argument, they remake FR/LG. They could change TM01 in those games so that in the FireRed remake it teaches Flare Blitz, and in the LeafGreen remake it teaches Wood Hammer.

With a mustache.

Roost might be a good move to exchange with. It'll make it easier for getting some competitive Pokemon with Roost, such as MultiScale Dragonite and Skarmory

I'd replace it, perhaps with Roost (which was once a TM), or Hurricane. (Preferably, it'd be unique to "Flying" pokemon.)

I very much agree with you on that. Roost would be a great replacement for Sky Drop and would benefit a lot of flying type Pokemon that have common weaknesses.

I also like the idea of perhaps a new flying type move to replace it. Perhaps a variation of Sucker Punch, or ExtremeSpeed maybe.

They can't really make a new move within a generation. The move would have to exist currently, like Freeze Shock or Ice Burn. (No pokemon currently gets those moves, but they're practically there for Kyurem's sake in the future, it would seem.) Otherwise, there'd be some iffy compatibility between the new game and Black/White. (They probably could make a new move, actually, although it wouldn't appear on B & W. It'd be much like Giratina's Origin forme.)

I'm gonna double down and say that Hurricane would be a really neat move. Zapdos would like this change best, as it operates in rain extremely well.

Oh, right: since TMs are floating and can't be traded between games, there can be a new number of TMs, not the 95 of Black and White.

Last edited:

Oh, I was coming here to comment I miss Dragon and Dark Pulse... but Hurricane sounds me as a very nice idea.

Replace it with a new move since ones like Dark Pulse and Roost can't go back to being TMs after being replaced, so they'll be stuck as either egg moves or move tutors.

Create Title Update 1.something to fix it.

Oh wait, it's not an xbox game. D:

Oh well, make the 3ds so it can accept title updates. You know, like every system since the PS2.

Roost might be a good move to exchange with. It'll make it easier for getting some competitive Pokemon with Roost, such as MultiScale Dragonite and Skarmory

Its easy to teach roost to dragonite..

Personally,I would replace sky drop, not because of the glitch,but because it is a stall- based move and I HATE STALL.

...I want it replaced with one of those:
Dark pulse
fissure
Hurricane
Me first
Dragon pulse´
Dragon rush.
I must say Dark Pulse would be awesome as a Tm again...

If they can fix the glitch, then I would prefer that.

But if not... Then I think Roost would be most appropriate. Hurricane seems a bit overpowered for a TM to me.

^ Explosion kills you though. That's enough of a drawback to give it a TM.

Back on topic, Dark Pulse would also be helpful. I guess it and Dragon Pulse were too useful to be given an infinite TM or something. I'd want either Roost, Dark Pulse, or Dragon Pulse.

If they can fix the glitch, then I would prefer that.

But if not... Then I think Roost would be most appropriate. Hurricane seems a bit overpowered for a TM to me.
It's no more powerful than Thunder, Focus Blast, Fire Blast, or Blizzard. (It's much the same as Thunder, really.) It's because of those moves that I suggested it.

Again, preferably, if they take a move away from Flying types, they should give a move to Flying types. (Granted, only Charizard, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Skarmory, and Pelipper, of few the pokemon that learn Sky Drop, can be bred with egg moves in earlier generations. All the rest would favor a TM that is exclusive.)

Also, guys, since when did a move that was formerly a TM like Roost went back to being one in another gen?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom