• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you do with your Shiny Pokemon?

Wumbo

Reaction score
So the other day I asked my friend who just recently started playing Pokemon games, if he had found any Shiny Pokemon. To my surprise he had found 3 shinies already: A Deerling, a Vanillite, and a Litwick. I was so proud of the lucky noob!
I asked if I could see them, to which he replied "Nah I'd already added them to the Pokedex before so I just killed them"
After reading my absolutely shocked expression, he said "What's so bad about that? I can still see them on the Pokedex if I want."

So what do you guys do with shiny Pokemon? The same as my silly friend did? I haven't caught one in White Version yet, but if I had I would probably train them to level 100 and keep them on my team forever, no matter what they were. Tell me your ideas!

Normally keep them in a box, but if they have a good nature I'll raise it.

Well, I only have two shiny Pokemon.
One is an Audino and the other a Skuntank. They're not really any good in battles so I just keep them in a box.

Depends what the Pokémon is. If it looks nasty, I'll either keep it in the PC or trade it for something cool (I did this with a shiny female Nidoran I hatched), but if it's something I like, I'll train it, especially if it has a good nature. I'm going to try hatching a shiny Drifloon when I complete Black again, and I'll definitely train that.

It depends on the Pokémon. For example, I actually used my shiny Dodrio (FireRed) and Mightyena (Emerald) (RIP), but I have yet to use my shiny Spheal (Emerald), and I doubt I will ever use that shiny Furret (Crystal). I have used that shiny Victreebel (Crystal), though...

i level them up and use them in the big battles... like the E4 and so on....

i have currently a shiny flygon in my HG .. and she is a great fighter....

It depends. If my shiny is RNGed, then I'll train it and use in Wi-Fi battles. If it's a random shiny, it will probably rot in the box, because chances are it sucks. On another hand, if I capture such shiny during the storyline, I'll put it in my team right away ^^

Shove them in the PC and never let them see daylight again.

But the Red Gyarados was pretty useful to me. I loved the Dragon Rage XD I put him up against Lance.

I have 2 currently a tentacool and hariyama i am planning on ev training them for first time try to make them good

Most of the time, I keep mine and that includes the hackjobs I've gotten from Wi-Fi. I haven't actively raised any of them but I plan on raising at least one of the shiny Goletts I nailed from GTS (I have 22 of them and 3 shiny Golurks) on the third installment of Gen V as my heavy hitter in-game. If they don't see any battles, I either put them in Contests or Musicals to "show them off", so to speak.

My shinies, whether they are exclusively mine or picked up from a trade, are very spoiled. I love 'em all.

buy them presents. err, seriously, organise them all into boxes muwahahahahahah

If I ever found a shiny, I would be so happy it would stay on my team forever!

Normally keep them in a box, but if they have a good nature I'll raise it.
Same here.
Whats funny, I was noob when I caught my first 2 shines(Sandsherw & Whismer in Sapphire) and both of them had the perfect natures. XD

If I caught it because I liked that Pokemon- I'd level it and battle with it, the usual.
If I caught it because it was a shiny- dump in PC box, or have it as a "bag" Pokemon- y'know, the Pokemon you send out as a last resort just to use revive on one of your fainted Pokemon.

I repeatedly send them into random wild battle just to see the sparks and then run. After about a day of doing this I either EV train or box them.

first thing is to clone the shinies. I don't even touch my shinies until I can clone them. I like to have "permanent memories" if you will, of what it was like when I first caught it. After that, I pretty much find a way to incorporate any shiny on my team, unless it's dreadfully unusable (like my shiny Ledyba). Some shinies become so versatile & useful that clones are a must that way I can keep it in its original gen & import it to next gens (like my shiny Altaria in Platinum that I cloned & transported to SS, HG, & B/W).

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom