• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

Jooks

Rocket Surgeon
Reaction score
I would expect there will be a lot of Joey comments, but I found something that's gotten under my skin even more.
The female character in Black and White's biking animation. Why? Because it looks like her ears are flopping when she pedals her bike. Just like the pirate with a ship's wheel on his crotch, IT'S DRIVIN' ME NUTS!

One thing that's bothered me since Gen IV is that Gardevoir look identical in either gender. Either Gallade should have been introduced the previous generation like Shellos, or they could have redesigned the male incarnation. I saw something on DA that had a good design for male Gardevoir but can't find it now.

The tutorial. The FREAKING TUTORIAL.
It gets especially jarring in the dream world where it frequently stops to load up a totorial I have seen about 100 times before. LET ME DISABLE THEM PLEASE! YOU ARE TAKING UP UNNECESSARY TIME.
Seriously, not even the 10-year olds playing this game can be so stupid they need to view this EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

The beginning of the game, when everyone won't freaking leave you alone. I already know how to play the game lol

Also, I hate how the best abilities for a Pokemon have to be in the Dream World. I kinda want to be able to have a chance, even if it's only a 5% chance, of the Pokemon to have the ability in the game. I just hate going to the Dream World to get a really useful ability...

Internet lingo being used by some characters. It's very annoying and unfunny, I don't want to see it used in any video game, least of all my favourite series of all time.

Nyeh... First official 'Joey' comment! Nyeheheheheheheheheh!

But seriously, what annoys me the most (although, even this doesn't annoy me much) is the fact that the games aren't more like the anime.

When you want to get somewhere real quick, and then...
A TRAINER F***ING COMES UP TO YOU AND CHALLENGES YOU.

Also, Whitney's Milktank.

The fact that you can't run inside in Generation III, my favorite gen. I hate how the only time they enabled it then was in the Trainer Hill :/.

One thing in B/W that irks me (and I hope it's fixed in B2/W2) is that you can only sell one item at a time to the Maid on Route 5, the Ore guy in Icirrus City, and the millionaire guy in Undella Bay. It's time consuming in my opinion. :p

The fact you can't turn off tutorials in the main series, and the Dream World.

I've been playing the main series for 12 years now, I don't need to be shown how to catch a Pokemon each time I start a new game.

(There is an options menu in the game under "new game", "Continue", etc., why not have an option to turn them off?)

Kind of a silly thing, but for me, it's all the the text you have to go through when healing at a Pokemon Centre. It's not so much that you have to go through the whole thing every time, it just gets annoying when you sometimes hit "A" again after she finishes her little speech!

Not sure if it's trivial, but I really hate broken bridges. I'd like to be able to go wherever I want to go, whenever I want to go. If I want to get the 8th gym badge first, I should have the option to do so!

About the Dream World tutorial thing, isn't that due to not saving cookies? I've only ever seen the tutorial twice. There is that movie every time to you enter, but that has a button for skipping it.

Kind of a silly thing, but for me, it's all the the text you have to go through when healing at a Pokemon Centre. It's not so much that you have to go through the whole thing every time, it just gets annoying when you sometimes hit "A" again after she finishes her little speech!

For me, it's become enough of a muscle reflex that I never re-initiate conversation with her. Without even having to think about it, I automatically hit the A button the required amount of times to get her to shut up. No more, and no less.

As for me... I don't really mind the trivial things, because they're trivial.

But, the concept of IVs almost literally drives me crazy. Though I can't say they're trivial, seeing as they're a game mechanic.

"Shut up, Joy, my Pokemon's hurt!!!"

The fact that Pokemon names and the like were all in caps used to be this for me, so I'm super glad they've gradually got rid of them.

Nyeh... First official 'Joey' comment! Nyeheheheheheheheheh!

But seriously, what annoys me the most (although, even this doesn't annoy me much) is the fact that the games aren't more like the anime.

WHAT. Actually, the ANIME should be more like the games. They should've gotten rid of Ash a long time ago, when the Gold/Silver era started. Just like they do with the manga, where they always have new protagonists each season, with previous protagonists making eventual appearances. The anime nowadays is just so ridiculous and bad it's not even funny. I swear to God the dialogs of the last seasons are the most stupidest things EVER.

What I hate is the Rare Candies being so freaking expensive. I mean, 48 BP?! REALLY?! For just ONE level?! I could easily spend that time I pass battling on the subway, battling with wild Pokémon and I would go even more levels up! They do need to be expensive, around 20 BP or something, but 48?! Come on! That's nonsense!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom