• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW082 - Movie Showdown! Sortie, Isshu Defense Group!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, genderless is the ideal, because having a female appearance doesn't make her a female-only Pokémon .

But it's CLEARLY a female, much more than Latias or Cresselia ever were... at least the anime realized that...

Again, in my opinion, having a female appearance doesn't mean that the Pokémon is a female.
It's that way with people, I don't think it should be different with Pokémon.

I think the reason theyre saying its obviously female in the anime is because of its crush on Ash... ̶d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶O̶s̶h̶a̶w̶o̶t̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶o̶w̶t̶h̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶i̶s̶e̶x̶u̶a̶l̶

Oh.

I thought we were talking about the species.
Anyway, Pirouette form doesn't look that feminine anyway.

Does anyone remember back during D&P, and after Hikozaru evolved into Moukazaru we didn't see it for three months after the gang left Lake Acuity and pretty much every episode thread had "What!! Still no Monferno?!" until it reappeared and yet now everyone is all "Oh no, not Pignite again!" whereas one of the criticisms in the past was that Satoshi's two fire-started in their middle stage didn't get much exposure...

Where's this complaint even coming from? We've seen Pignite twice...in its evolution, and the Ice Gym Battle. I'm not seeing an overuse.

Sure, we see it here, but it's alongside Pikachu and I imagine Ash's other Pokemon will probably pop up as well.

wwwdotuporg3008918.jpg

OMG Satoshi you are too cute. XD

...are the two Japanese folks on the right looking at a strip of the film Ash just produced?

Okay, Luke's movie is starting to look like Plan 9 From Outer Space if it was directed by Tommy Wiseau. I can't wait to see how this glorious masterpiece unfolds.

This Golurk is TOO BIG !
I'm telling you , This Golurk is darn TOO BIG !
Seriously , Can any other pokemon even beat it ?
It didn't look this big in the Movie !
Not really, Golurk is genuinely massive in the movie. There's a scene in the movie where Ash is up a huge flight of stairs and a Golurk walking past is still taller than him - while a non-mecha Tyranitar isn't even double his height.
hoyzt.jpg

FGPJh.jpg

Of course the anime in general is rarely consistent with the sizing of Pokemon (angles don't help), but Golurk is big.

Anyway, that image of Ash flying a plane makes me really want to see this episode, it can't go wrong from there. I wonder if there's any Clefairy in the UFO?

Summary's out.
Translations, anyone?

wMvOo.jpg

Edit: According to @jda95;

"Satoshi and friends arrive in a port city with a gym. The town has had a movie studio since long ago and recently an amusement park was completed. The group meets Luke who is visiting to participate in a movie contest and they help in the making of his film."

So basically stuff we knew, that Satoshi et. al are going to help Luke with a new movie :p

Last edited:
Re: BW082 - Movie Showdown

[video=youtube_share;ho_77qlfcMk]http://youtu.be/ho_77qlfcMk[/video]

Here's some footage from the episode. The Smash episode next week should have even more.

I wonder what the plot of this movie is going to be about? Ash looks to be the pilot/hero, Iris is playing some sort of maiden, and we have no idea what Cilan's role is going to be.

I am assuming that the Leavanny featured in this episode belongs to Ash and not to Luke. If this is the case, then this means that Pignite had been Junipered for the first time.

Last edited:
Crazy theory time. Since in that little preview had two girls seemingly dressed up as Iris(?), means there might be Twin/Identical Iris' in the actual anime movie thing..that are gonna sing and summon Mothra Golurk. To help stop Godzilla/Mecha-Godzilla Robo Tyranitar.

Godzilla reference get? At this point, it might as well be a Godzilla-esque parody anyway.

Last edited:
Nope, we know from a previous screen that Pignite IS in this episode, it's shown with Pikachu on Ash's "plane". Given that Pikachu isn't in that scene either, that probably means it IS Luke's hetero-normative Leavanny and not OUR Leavanny.

Re: BW082 - Movie Showdown

[video=youtube_share;ho_77qlfcMk]http://youtu.be/ho_77qlfcMk[/video]

Here's some footage from the episode. The Smash episode next week should have even more.
So , A Pokewood Episode ! huh.
Iris looking sooooo cute ! Finally some good Moe from her !
Seriously , Why doesn't she travel wearing that Outfit !
It make her look much better village girl then her usual outfit !

pignite and Pikachu are Ash helpers to rescue this poor poor Pokemons! How cute is their act that they are sick!

So Boldore is there, missed him! so this will be the featured line up for the GYM battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom