• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation: Pokémon Black 3 and White 3

What does that even mean?

I believe they are saying that Sinnoh is to Unova, what Johto is to Kanto. I don't see that much of a connection though... especially since Unova is based on NYC America while Sinnoh is based on Hokkaido Japan, no real relation at all.

If they did do a Johto like region with a connection to Unova in Gen 6, then it would be something like England or Europe considering the historical connection to the early US states.

What are you serious?! For all my years of playing Pokemon I've never once made that connection.

I believe they are saying that Sinnoh is to Unova, what Johto is to Kanto. I don't see that much of a connection though... especially since Unova is based on NYC America while Sinnoh is based on Hokkaido Japan, no real relation at all.
even disregarding the real-life basis of the regions, sinnoh is an island, so a tunnel from it to another region wouldn't be practical unless it was some sort of underwater tunnel (which in turn would only work if unova and sinnoh were close together).

If they did do a Johto like region with a connection to Unova in Gen 6, then it would be something like England or Europe considering the historical connection to the early US states.
not canada or latin america, which are actually geographically connected to the states? though personally i'd bet on a region based on another part of the u.s., if anything.

i wouldn't actually expect another bw, mostly because it would break the release formula the series has been sticking to since the third gen. ignoring spinoffs, the cycle is new main game → third game/sequel → remake of the game 2 generations ago. a lot of npcs in bw2 talked about hoenn which is probably an indication that we're getting g3 remakes next. and it may be true that bw2 sold like hotcakes, but the novelty factor of a "true sequel" probably fed into that, and i'd be willing to bet that a new remake would be more profitable than a theoretical bw3.

No more Unova games!!!!! Just get out with our Gen IIImakes so I can shut up and play them!

NO! Just let this generation die peacefully already.

Game Freak should do one of two things next:

Release Ruby/Sapphire remakes

OR

Gen 6 games.

I don't care either way. Actually, I would prefer Gen 6 first. Love waiting for new Pokemon to leak from Corocoro and learning about them. I miss those days!

p.s: I just thought of something. If those two games are in the pipeline then Gen 6 would most definitely come out first. The next Pokemon games will likely (of course they will) be released on the 3DS so they probably would want to show off the new graphics, features, etc with the launch of a new generation, and not on remakes. Remakes always came after the main games such as FR/LG being released after Gen 3 games and HG/SS being released after Gen 4 games.

Maybe we'll get a new Pokemon silhouette in December?

Hey, guys, I don't mean to bring up something pointless, but I'm not going to go through and wonder about it forever (also, I'm too busy to look through this thread for my answers);
Where would the Nature Preserve of B2W2 be located, if it's said to have been a place that isn't in Unova (according to the Strategy Guide; I haven't reached there myself and I plan to get the Round Charm at the same time)?
I'm assuming that there was some discussion about this in relation to possible expansions of Unova...
Then again, I'm with some of these people saying that we don't need more Unova games until the time comes to remake them.

England or Europe, you say?

Masuda admitted a European location could have been chosen for Unova instead of New York, and since the release of BW1 he seems to have taken quite a few trips to London...

This is interesting, I honestly did not know that. Maybe its because Masuda original wanted to do a Euro themed region that we got Team Plasma?

Team Plasma (original) - Knight Templar Medieval motif
Team Plasma BW2 - Pirate motif (a mesh of the old school and modern kind)

Makes me think that he actually changed the region but kept the villainous team LOL I now wonder what the villains in a Euro based region would be like...

even disregarding the real-life basis of the regions, sinnoh is an island, so a tunnel from it to another region wouldn't be practical unless it was some sort of underwater tunnel (which in turn would only work if unova and sinnoh were close together).

Considering the Pokemon and region involved, I would not be surprised if an inter dimensional space located deep in the caves but only known by the Spirit trio is how they can be in Unova despite the distance. Basically like a wormhole connecting point a (Sinnoh) to point b (Unova).

not canada or latin america, which are actually geographically connected to the states? though personally i'd bet on a region based on another part of the u.s., if anything.

i wouldn't actually expect another bw, mostly because it would break the release formula the series has been sticking to since the third gen. ignoring spinoffs, the cycle is new main game → third game/sequel → remake of the game 2 generations ago. a lot of npcs in bw2 talked about hoenn which is probably an indication that we're getting g3 remakes next. and it may be true that bw2 sold like hotcakes, but the novelty factor of a "true sequel" probably fed into that, and i'd be willing to bet that a new remake would be more profitable than a theoretical bw3.

Well, no. Actually, I should have clarified on something earlier. When I say introduce a new region, in a new Gen and tie up Unova's myth with that region, I am not expecting Unova to share the games with it at all. In other words, no traveling back to Unova in this theoretical region like players did with Johto and Kanto. It would get all the spotlight to itself, so on that end, theres no need to have it physically close to Unova.

Like many people in this thread, I believe that Unova as a traveling region is done, but it still has obvious loose ends that can be handled in another way. As for basing another region on the US, I don't think thats feasible. Unova seems to represent the entire United States:

Pokewood: Hollywood, California
Virbank: Jersey
Castellia: NYC Nimbasa: Manhattan (I believe)

I just don't think that anything else is exciting enough to focus on anyways... (no offense to other state residents of course!) They pretty much got the iconic areas. Back on the theoretical game, it also would not be called BW3. In this theory its a brand new region (Gen 6), with all the brand new things that regions bring to the table, but with an ancient connection to Unova. (more buildings like Dragon Spiral Tower and the Abyssal Ruins)

Of course, I realize knowing gamefreak, this has about a 2% chance of ever happening. Its still fun to think about anyways. :p

I agree with El_. Like it or not, Masuda admitted in one of the Black and White interviews that the main reason for Unova being based on New York was his love of Broadway musicals. What else in the U.S. could attract Game Freak's attention? Only Hollywood comes to mind, and they've already used it with no regard for where it should be located.

Wishmaker Jirachi said:
Where would the Nature Preserve of B2W2 be located, if it's said to have been a place that isn't in Unova (according to the Strategy Guide; I haven't reached there myself and I plan to get the Round Charm at the same time)?
Some people think that it's based on the Niagara Falls, which is a reasonable theory. But there are many other possibilities, since it is supposed to be far from Unova.

What we can infer from in-game dialogue is that Iris' hometown, the Dragon Village, is part of the same country as Unova. But I highly doubt that Game Freak plan on exploring Iris' region anytime soon, since the anime writers moved the Dragon Village to Unova. Surely if the Dragon Village were in the cards for Generation VI, the anime writers would know about it and quite possibly keep Iris around for the next series, but the fact that they've already covered the Dragon Village strongly implies otherwise.

This is interesting, I honestly did not know that. Maybe its because Masuda original wanted to do a Euro themed region that we got Team Plasma?

Team Plasma (original) - Knight Templar Medieval motif
Team Plasma BW2 - Pirate motif (a mesh of the old school and modern kind)

Makes me think that he actually changed the region but kept the villainous team LOL I now wonder what the villains in a Euro based region would be like...

I doubt making Unova a European themed region was the original plan.

Nintendo Interview: Pokemon: 'When I made Black/White I wasn't considering existing Pok

He said it *may* have been chosen if he went for an authentic classical theme for the music, which sounds like it wasn't seriously considered at the time.

Don't forget that Gen IV and Gen V are on the same, now obsolete, system. Gen VI has to come before remakes, as the 3DS badly needs a main series game, and they're not going to do remakes first. The main series games in a generation cannot be split across two formats.

Pokemon Black 3 and White 3, should it happen?

So.... Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 where amazing... no doubt about it but, what if gamefreak created Black 3 and White 3 making gen V into a trilogy? If this happens, it would be great but Unova has simply run out of room for new areas so they would need to create a new region, create an island next to Unova or even make it so you can fly from mistralton city to a new airport in Hoenn.

POST YOUR IDEAS BELOW!!

Re: Pokemon Black 3 and White 3, should it happen?

Were*

I think not. Black 2/White 2 was enough. I think we should patiently wait for a brand new game.

I'd rather see a new generation next. And having B3W3 take place in Hoenn makes no sense- Hoenn has nothing to do with Unova, and if you're going to have the game take place in a completely different region there's no reason for it to be sold as a threequel to the Unova-based games rather than a stand-alone.

There doesn't need to be one. BW2 wrapped everything up. Ghetsis no longer even has the loyalty of the Shadow Triad. The only things left are the original dragon and Genesect, and to hope for either is folly. If there could be an original dragon, you would've been able to do so. Genesect wasn't even made a plot point. There is enough evidence to suggest that they both were nothing more than flavor. Pokemon villains disappearing into the ether is just a regular occurrence now. There is nothing. It's over. If they were to even try, it'd be the most forced thing on the planet.

They shouldn't prolong the gen 5 story out any longer. Because like ANY franchise out there, whether it is videogames, movies, etc., things can get stale and repetitive pretty fast. (Ahem... like a certain tv show) So yeah their best bet would be to move on to gen 6!! :)

There doesn't need to be one. BW2 wrapped everything up. Ghetsis no longer even has the loyalty of the Shadow Triad. The only things left are the original dragon and Genesect, and to hope for either is folly. If there could be an original dragon, you would've been able to do so. Genesect wasn't even made a plot point. There is enough evidence to suggest that they both were nothing more than flavor. Pokemon villains disappearing into the ether is just a regular occurrence now. There is nothing. It's over. If they were to even try, it'd be the most forced thing on the planet.

To be fair, if the original dragon were completely forgotten about, then why was it referenced more than once in BW2's plotline? Do people really believe that GameFreak hasn't actually designed the original dragon? Genesect may not have been made a plot point, but that obviously hasn't stopped it from receiving its own movie. It would be a real shame not to know what it originally looked like.

Aside from that, BW2 has not wrapped everything up at all. N went on another journey to go search for Hilda/Hilbert who are still absent from Unova, and again that was referenced numerous times through the game. Another thing referenced was an actually meeting between N and Corless, the two grey former leaders of Team Plasma. If GameFreak did not care then why say anything at all about these plot points? The Abyssal Ruins and Dragon Spiral Tower are both still as mysterious as they were in the original BW games.

I'm not advocating another game in Unova, but wrapping up these plotlines in a new region shouldn't be within the realm of impossibility.

N went on another journey to go search for Hilda/Hilbert who are still absent from Unova, and again that was referenced numerous times through the game.
You're embellishing things. This is what N said: "I will set off on another journey. There are still many Pokémon in the world I should talk to. And there is also a Trainer I want to tell how I feel..." Finding Hilbert/Hilda isn't N's main objective; he just wants to thank them again.

Another thing referenced was an actually meeting between N and Corless, the two grey former leaders of Team Plasma.
We really don't need to see this, as N and Corless have no qualms with each other.

If GameFreak did not care then why say anything at all about these plot points?
For the same reason they made Looker look for N in another region at the end of Black and White (back when they had no plans to develop sequels), and yet never mentioned it in B2W2. They don't have everything figured out, and we fans spend a lot more time thinking about these things than they do.

I'm not advocating another game in Unova, but wrapping up these plotlines in a new region shouldn't be within the realm of impossibility.
While I agree, I wouldn't expect this to happen soon. The Johto mysteries had been ignored for nearly a decade until HGSS were released, and the remakes only answered one question: Where Giovanni was during Team Rocket's takeover. Johto's mythology is still as vague as it has ever been.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think that Black and White were plenty for Unova. Black 2 and White 2 were good and all, but it just wasn't up to the same level. It honestly felt like B2W2 should've been the post-E4 story for BW. I really don't see how they can continue the story unless they do something entirely unexpected, which I wouldn't necessarily be against, but I doubt it.

All I want from the Pokemon series now would either be a Generation III remake, or a Nintendo 3DS Pokemon game other than Black & White 3. If we get a Generation III remake that's on the 3DS then I'd be extremely pleased. Now I haven't played Black or White 2 yet so if we get a new Pokemon game that meets my specs or that isn't in the Unova I'll gladly pass it and play it when I get the chance.

I think I've said this multiple times.

Here are my opinions on the options for the next main series games:

Gen VI - That will be on the 3DS. They aren't going to put 3 generations on the DS.
BW3 - On the DS
R/S Remakes - on the DS

I'll say this again, I'll even put it in my signature so people can understand, that they aren't going to open up the main series on the 3DS with a sequel/remake. It has to be entirely new due to the graphical enhancements.

Back
Top Bottom