• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

@JaggedRag; I'm sorry and I have no problem with an option I'm just trying to make it less confusing by explaining the logic behind it. Christ! And even though something is obvious doesn't mean everyone knows it because no one has the time or even the desire to think about everything.

Anyway I'm hoping for more strong ground moves not everyone can use drill run and it would be nice to have one top tier ground move the anime can use it.

The option to use the metric system in-game. I don't understand the imperial system.

Type combinations
Fighting/Flying: Serves as team fighting type damage and anti-fighter due to taking neutral from rock and resisting fighting.
Ghost/Fighting: Near perfect Stab. Also shuts down many potent threats like Terrakion.
Ghost/Steel: Incredible defense combo.
Bug/Water: Has potential but is currently limited to Surskit who isn't fully evolved. I could see it on a moon themed bug that is an antithesis to Volcarona.
Fire/Water: Something that works in rain or shine.
Fire/Grass: With chlorophyll and fire STAB it would be perfect for sun.

Pokemon
Better designed starters: I personally found the gen 5 starters to be lackluster compared to previous gens. And for god's sake not another fire/fighting starter.
Skarmory Evo: Gligar got one (granted it was pretty desprate for one) so why not Skarm?
Galvantula Evo: Bug/Electric has potential if they were to increase special attack to at least 100 and add some more to it's durability it would be awesome.
Less event legendaries: Speaks for itself for those who have limited access to them or want to start a new game.
Heracross and Pinsir Evo: Pinsir really got shafted, he really needs an evo to boost him up. Heracross could also use one if it would make him faster. I still dream they get evos that make them look like Kamen Riders.
Less baby pokemon: They rarely add much to existing pokemon (with some exceptions like wobbufett) and they take up space that could be used for something useful.

Gameplay
Keep up the good writing: Gen 5 had great story telling and characters I would like to see similar engaging quality for gen 6
Less HM puzzles: Okay they cut down on HMs but I still find it annoying to carry HM slaves or having to run back to a PC because I don't have the right move. I would love it if you just needed the HM in your bag and one compatible pokemon and you can use the move on the map without teaching it to anyone.
Keep the move tutors: My biggest gripe about the original black and white is that most of my fav moves were gone and it was a pain to breed for them.
A better device: I personally found the C-gear to be less exciting and useful as the pokegear or the poketch. The buff to the Xtranciever was nice though.

@Steel_Justice; I dissagree with you about the baby Pokemon. Not everything is competitive Pokemon and although baby Pokemon may not be that useful for battling, they are cute, interesting and add something to Pokemon. People like Pokemon for all sorts of reasons, so I dont think that's a good reason to stop making them. There should be a wide selection of Pokemon as it makes the game interesting.No Pokemon takes up space in the Pokedex.

As for the British/American English thing... what's the point? it'd be a waste of time... besides a few slang and grammer and spellings (what's with you guys and the unnecessary vowels? Colour just looks weird...) they're the same language... and I don't get why MM/DD/YY is so hard to understand.... Besides if the Gen VI region is also based on America it would make no sense for them to usw British English

What I don't get is why Americans deviated their spelling (among other things) from the Britain's English. It is the origin of the language after all, so it only makes sense to spell it how it was initially spelled.

IIRC, there has been a bit of a cultural deviation. As people split off and form different communities, the old language and culture changes with them. There's nothing inherently "wrong" with that, it's just the way society changes over time.

Last edited:
@Steel_Justice; Some baby Pokémon, like Magby, Elekid, Riolu, Happiny and Munchlax are extremely useful in Little Cup, so I don't think they should stop making them.

I love the aesthetic changes that occur due to time of day and seasons, but I don't think they should affect gameplay. Eg. Noctowl only available at night, Spheal only available in Winter and only battling Cynthia in Spring. By all means keep keep the feature, just minimize the effects.

This is something I'd like to see but I don't think would be a particularly good idea for the Pokemon company to do: having Pokemon that are 3 types.
Like a Pokemon that's Grass, Water, Fighting. The design of such a Pokemon would be interesting to see, I think.

Of course, 3-type-Pokemon would make the battling mechanics a lot more complicated, and beating the Elite might become more frustrating, so I know it's a terrible idea. But it'd be amusing to see nevertheless.

This is something I'd like to see but I don't think would be a particularly good idea for the Pokemon company to do: having Pokemon that are 3 types.
Like a Pokemon that's Grass, Water, Fighting. The design of such a Pokemon would be interesting to see, I think.

Of course, 3-type-Pokemon would make the battling mechanics a lot more complicated, and beating the Elite might become more frustrating, so I know it's a terrible idea. But it'd be amusing to see nevertheless.

Yeah, that'd get way to complicated way too fast. It also introduces the possibility of a Pokemon being triple-weak to attacks of a given type, which would be horrible for that Pokemon. The only way I can see this working is if it's limited to a very small number of Pokemon, perhaps just legendaries and a couple gimmick critters.

Yeah, that'd get way to complicated way too fast. It also introduces the possibility of a Pokemon being triple-weak to attacks of a given type, which would be horrible for that Pokemon. The only way I can see this working is if it's limited to a very small number of Pokemon, perhaps just legendaries and a couple gimmick critters.

It might be less-awful if the 3-Type Pokemon were Legendaries. And I guess it is possible for Pokemon to have NO weaknesses, because Dark/Ghost Pokemon have nothing that's super effective against them, so a Pokemon having triple weakness would be kind of like that. Also, with a triple weakness would also come triple uh... not-weakness. Kind of like how a Water/Ground Pokemon had no weakness to Electric types.

And it's 4:02am, so I apolgise if this makes no sense to you whatsoever.

3 Types does seem like it would be a hassle... Perhaps if they introduced some new types? It'd rock the boat for sure, but perhaps the new type could be exclusive to a legendary or event pokemon.

In Gen 6 I want a full 3D enviroment, or at least diagonal movement. That and more interaction with the previous regions.

I've read (not all, but most of) this thread and there were a few ideas I really liked.
*Building a town/gym/being a gym leader. I think it would add a lot of bulk to postgame that wouldn't complicate the heart or tropes of the game. Something similar to Join Ave, but with more dialogue between you and the people.
*A goat or dolphin Pokemon. A ram great for bulk, and a dolphin would be an excellent speedster. Perhaps a goat that is fire/rock (mountain goat theme) and the dolphin being water/psychic?
*More creative typing. Nintendo hasn't reached its limit when it comes to effective type matching, and I'd like to see them give life to these ideas.
*Older PC and NPCS in the games. The demographic for Pokemon is only getting older, and personally I feel very creepy being a 12 year old girl riding around in short shorts.
*Semi-customizable characters. Not everyone would appreciate it, but I personally would like to see a little bit of creativity and personalization when it comes to our own characters.
*More boxes for holding Pokemon in your PC! I am an avid breeder and despite how crazy it is to have that many Pokemon to keep...I have 'em.
*Another evolution for some of the existing Pokemon. I will be unpopular for this particular opinion but I would love to see another evolution for Houndoom, one that happens late-level and boosts his HP. Maybe into a Cerberus, the two headed dog that guards the gates of Hades in Greek mythology. Just something to make him not...you know...useless.
*More dailies to keep us occupied between game releases. Yes, Join Avenue is fun and I'm enjoying some post-game breeding but I'm quickly running out of things to do. In-game mini games are fun (unlike the Dream World, which my router will not allow me to access.)

Anyway...just a few of my ideas that were similar to others' :]

I've read (not all, but most of) this thread and there were a few ideas I really liked.
*Building a town/gym/being a gym leader. I think it would add a lot of bulk to postgame that wouldn't complicate the heart or tropes of the game. Something similar to Join Ave, but with more dialogue between you and the people.
*A goat or dolphin Pokemon. A ram great for bulk, and a dolphin would be an excellent speedster. Perhaps a goat that is fire/rock (mountain goat theme) and the dolphin being water/psychic?
*More creative typing. Nintendo hasn't reached its limit when it comes to effective type matching, and I'd like to see them give life to these ideas.
*Older PC and NPCS in the games. The demographic for Pokemon is only getting older, and personally I feel very creepy being a 12 year old girl riding around in short shorts.
*Semi-customizable characters. Not everyone would appreciate it, but I personally would like to see a little bit of creativity and personalization when it comes to our own characters.
*More boxes for holding Pokemon in your PC! I am an avid breeder and despite how crazy it is to have that many Pokemon to keep...I have 'em.
*Another evolution for some of the existing Pokemon. I will be unpopular for this particular opinion but I would love to see another evolution for Houndoom, one that happens late-level and boosts his HP. Maybe into a Cerberus, the two headed dog that guards the gates of Hades in Greek mythology. Just something to make him not...you know...useless.
*More dailies to keep us occupied between game releases. Yes, Join Avenue is fun and I'm enjoying some post-game breeding but I'm quickly running out of things to do. In-game mini games are fun (unlike the Dream World, which my router will not allow me to access.)

Anyway...just a few of my ideas that were similar to others' :]

There are lots of 3rd evo's that I would like to see...you brought to mind one that I would like to see more than most...Mightyena!! He is in kind of the same boat as Houndoom. I love you idea for Cerebes. I would like Mightyena to actually be a MIGHTY HYENA. I assume that is what it is supposed to be now but...ya not really lol.

A versus mode Safari zone where you run around the safari zone in two teams and battle each other with the pokemon you catch and maybe some arena customization.

Skarmory Evo: Gligar got one (granted it was pretty desprate for one) so why not Skarm?

Can you even imagine Eviolite Skarmory?

That, and Gligar and Skarmory isn't really comparable, nor does Skarm in any way need an evo, stat-wise it's well suited for it, and throwing in an evo because "why not" is a pretty lame excuse when they could rather use the opportunity to patch up a crappy one.

Same goes for Galvantula, Pinsir and Heracross, for that matter.

I want a battle scene overhaul. They should ditch the sprites and replace them with 3D models. The simplistic 2D battle scene was perfect for the first few generations but it has ended up being gimmicky imo.

I want a battle scene overhaul. They should ditch the sprites and replace them with 3D models. The simplistic 2D battle scene was perfect for the first few generations but it has ended up being gimmicky imo.

I think you misunderstand the meaning of the word 'gimmick'.

Back
Top Bottom