• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Kalos Region Speculation and Discussion

Re: So, what's the region gonna be based off of?

I highly doubt it'll just be France. I'm expecting we'll see a bit of an extension into eastern Spain along a warm southern body of water. We'll probably have an island up north too. I'd be interested in seeing a city filled with canals on the mainland up north à la Amsterdam. There's just not enough geography to France for them to use it exclusively.

I highly doubt it'll just be France. I'm expecting we'll see a bit of an extension into eastern Spain along a warm southern body of water. We'll probably have an island up north too. I'd be interested in seeing a city filled with canals on the mainland up north à la Amsterdam. There's just not enough geography to France for them to use it exclusively.

That would be too much land for a single region, and given how many cities and towns each region has, there would be soooo many space wasted. Furthermore, it would kill the opportunities of future countries and cities to get their own region, a right that Japan and the USA have already enjoyed. Why deprive European countries of having their own, separate regions (like Japan and USA) and cram them all together in a single one? Just because Americans usually think of "Europe" as a whole, it doesn't mean it's really that way. Plus, as I've already said, everything here, including the starters, scream 'France', not 'Europe'.

Unless of course, the whole region concept is scapped and we get to travel an actual continent and we get such an enormous map (akin to the large masses of land found in games like Skyrim).

Last edited:

Being from the U.S., I kinda can't say much, but I'm really interested to see hoe PokeFrance/PokeEurope turns out.
CALIFORNIA-BASED REGION FOR GEN VII!!! LETS GO WEST COAST!! >_<

Re: Location in the Pokemon World

1357728476-pic-du-midi-st-mesure-39-40-panoramique.jpg

Could this be the desert like area that was shown in the trailer? It is in france.

1357728476-pic-du-midi-st-mesure-39-40-panoramique.jpg

Could this be the desert like area that was shown in the trailer? It is in france.

That's an observatory near Pic du Midi in the Alps. It's a long way from Paris, but within France. Problem is, a *lot*, if not all observatories have white domes, so it's hard to say whether it's based on this observatory or is just a generic observatory they put in to get a space theme in. It's not like Desert Resort, etc. in Unova are based on specific places, for instance, and may just be purely artistic licence.

It will clearly not be based on France alone........ Just because you see a tower that LOOKS LIKE the Eiffel Tower, does not at all mean it is based in Paris, and just because Masuda tweets a picture of him in front of the Eiffel Tower, it could be in relation to Europe as a whole. I suggest we all just stop assuming France for now, our best bet is Europe, those who like France will only be getting their hopes up...

It will clearly not be based on France alone........ Just because you see a tower that LOOKS LIKE the Eiffel Tower, does not at all mean it is based in Paris, and just because Masuda tweets a picture of him in front of the Eiffel Tower, it could be in relation to Europe as a whole. I suggest we all just stop assuming France for now, our best bet is Europe, those who like France will only be getting their hopes up...
At least we know it has something to do with Europe. BW was horrendous because of the arguments of Shanghai vs NY.

Why? I've yet to see anything that suggests a basis beyond Paris. A whitish Eiffel Tower/Obelisk of Luxor, a tree-lined street like Champs-Élysées and a palace like the Palace of Versailles. For the moment, suggesting anything beyond Paris is pure fan speculation.

If you take it that the first 4 regions are in-game's Japan, and Unova is where in-game America would be, then I'd say our new region could be located where real-world Europe is in-game.

And if anyone can actually make sense of that you deserve a medal.

Why? I've yet to see anything that suggests a basis beyond Paris. A whitish Eiffel Tower/Obelisk of Luxor, a tree-lined street like Champs-Élysées and a palace like the Palace of Versailles. For the moment, suggesting anything beyond Paris is pure fan speculation.

You've seen a desert in Paris? Take me with you, lol.

You've seen a desert in New York! Where?

I really don't see why you are getting your undies in a twist over this. Yes, it's likely that the entire region may not SOLELY be based upon France, but the fact remains that there are clues that point to there being influences of France within the region. There is not much information to go on, so people will take the observational information that has been put together to speculate on the matter.

There is nothing wrong with doing something as innocent as that, so there's no need to try and yell at people for innocent speculation on what knowledge is currently available, and from clues that have been shown. Let them speculate and don't be a Debbie Downer. D:

You guys forgetting one thing, and that is New France is area colonized by France in North America, so I highly doubt its Location in the Pokemon World is based off of Europe. -_-

You guys forgetting one thing, and that is New France is area colonized by France in North America, so I highly doubt its Location in the Pokemon World is based off of Europe. -_-

Except that the Pikachu in the trailer was clearly on top of the Eiffel Tower, and I can't see Game Freak basing the region on colonialism and taking us back to the 18th century.

Unova's overall design was BASED ON how New York looked, and the desert's there are in relation to the Western parts of the US. As far I know know, there are no deserts above 20 degrees in Europe lol, unless you come to my Island, Cyprus! :D because we've been taken into this Europe rubbish now...

Unova's overall design was BASED ON how New York looked, and the desert's there are in relation to the Western parts of the US. As far I know know, there are no deserts above 20 degrees in Europe lol, unless you come to my Island, Cyprus! :D because we've been taken into this Europe rubbish now...

There's nothing particularly western about Desert Resort - it's south of a city with a huge subway station (Nimbasa) and north of a city with what is basically Liberty Island (Castelia). Kyushu and Hokkaido don't have deserts either - it is purely artistic licence to have them. And there's no particular reason to believe that these white domes are in a desert - the photo of the Alps in this thread shows the same kind of rockiness while being situated in France.

This new region could be anywhere in relation to the others. It's GF's choice, really.

There's nothing particularly western about Desert Resort - it's south of a city with a huge subway station (Nimbasa) and north of a city with what is basically Liberty Island (Castelia). Kyushu and Hokkaido don't have deserts either - it is purely artistic licence to have them. And there's no particular reason to believe that these white domes are in a desert - the photo of the Alps in this thread shows the same kind of rockiness while being situated in France.

This new region could be anywhere in relation to the others. It's GF's choice, really.

I agree with what you're saying but the only part of Unova that references NYC is Castelia City, otherwise all the other locations around Unova could be related to anywhere else in the World...
Personally, I'm a little confused as to why GF would want to base it on France though? and NOT Europe? If this is the case? But who knows for now...

Back
Top Bottom