• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

ShinyHunterDawn

Let me nap on you!
Reaction score
I was just scrolling through the Worst nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon, and thought why not make a counterpart thread?

The best (imo) that I have would be Flufflet my Braviary(Made more sense when he was a Rufflet. That's what I always called them. XD), and Midbus my Emboar(I had to name him that. <3)

That's all I can think of at the top of my head.

-Edit- Oh, sorry. That other thread was stupidest nickname, not worst nickname. ^^;

I'm picking out nicknames that I am most fond of. I'll be writing down why I named them that.

Donna the Honchkrow (The meaning is Donna. Well, it is more of a pun, I suppose... :p The word, don, is used for mafia leaders; because Honchkrow is like a mafia leader.)

NaughtyDog the Stoutland (This may be a silly name, but for those who played Crash Bandicoot would get the reference; or anything else relating to Stoutland's nickname.)

Domino the Male Unfezant (Dominos aren't just blocks. They are also a type of mask that covers the upper part of your face. Male Unfezant looks like it is wearing a domino, so that is what I named it. :p)

I usually think about my 'mon's nickname, so I may have a few. Let's see here...

~Luna and her daughter Selene, the Musharna (decided to base their names on the moon. Luna is obvious, while Selene is named after the Greek goddess of the moon)
~Tira the Krookodile (named after a deceptive yet cool Soul Calibur character, and I like it. Too bad I traded her)
~Pyra the Houndoom
~Sheena the Lucario
~Xiao and Mei, the Mienshao (Chinese influence. I really like how it turned out)
~Amazon the Nidoqueen
~Morty the Marowak
~Ebony the Haxorus (the Nature Preserve one)
~Celsius the Froslass

More to come.

Otto the Oshawatt, but that's only in PMD Gates to Infinity, not a main game.

Valentine for my Giratina. :3 I gave him that nickname as a reference to Valentine from The Mortal Instruments. :D I was reading the book at the time and as I caught Giratina I was thinking "Now what should I name him..?" and ta-da, Valentine was born. ;D I love that Giratina so much. ♥
Another one was Edeline my Glaceon. :3 I had got her from Bebe and I was wondering what I should name her, so I looked up baby names for girls, saw Edeline, and fell in love with the name. :3
And Shadow & Sebastian my Darkrai's. Even though I cannot nickname both of my boys on my game (they came from other people and was already transferred to Gen 5 before they could have a name) they still have nicknames. :3 I named Shadow, my normal Darkrai because he just looks like a Shadow, and my shiny Darkrai I named him Sebastian because I needed something to go with Shadow, and that works. ;D He's also sort of a reference to Sebastian from Black Butler. o3o.
and also Alphonse my Golurk. Named him after Alphonse from Fullmetal Alchemist. :D
Those are all I can think up right now. ^-^
Good choice for a thread, though. :D

I'm picking out nicknames that I am most fond of. I'll be writing down why I named them that.

Donna the Honchkrow (The meaning is Donna. Well, it is more of a pun, I suppose... :p The word, don, is used for mafia leaders; because Honchkrow is like a mafia leader.)

NaughtyDog the Stoutland (This may be a silly name, but for those who played Crash Bandicoot would get the reference; or anything else relating to Stoutland's nickname.)

Domino the Male Unfezant (Dominos aren't just blocks. They are also a type of mask that covers the upper part of your face. Male Unfezant looks like it is wearing a domino, so that is what I named it. :p)
As a fan of puns and crash bandicoot, I like this post

Now get a krookodile and name it dingodile

Big Boss the Emboar: because why not
Buckaroo Banzai the Sawsbuck: cuz that was a cool movie
Wintour the Leavanny and Springroll the Whirlipede: cuz fashion and then seasons
Colonel the Sunkern: hehe
Jellybean for most Crobat: since it looks like a jellybean
Eustice the Red-Stripe Basculin: from Courage the Cowardly Dog
Goodyear the Drifblim: as you can see
Totorot the Garbodor: since it's the anti-Totoro
Edward the Bisharp and Alphonse the Golurk: planned this ever since I first saw them and thought they were version exlusives
Gravy the Shelmet: cuz it looks like a gravy boat
And Baggy Smalls the Scrafty: because I challenge you to find a better name!

And from competitive:
Zip Zap Zippity Zop for Alakazam: cuz magic and somehow Cosby
Heat Beat Elite for Heatran: :smokin:
Wreak-it-Roach for Genesect: cuz it wreaked everything (probably why it got banned from OU :( )

Porkchop for Tepig.
I also thought I was clever for naming Feraligatr Victor. You know, from Sonic.

Oh! How could I forget about Firestorm, my shiny Dratini from White 2?
I named him that because I plan to make his moveset half Dragon half fire. :)

The best nickname, and one of the fews I've ever had, was Wanda, to my Clefable in a casual play in FireRed.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom