• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon who got uglier after evolution

Lumaca

Reaction score
So... Which pokemon do you think "devolved" in look after they evolved?

Mine: Although it's a close race, Dragonite loses out to Sceptile! Seriously, Grovyle is one of the (if not THE) most awesome of the starters. But then he has to evolve to that...

Practically every Pokemon stopped looking cute upon evolution, and once perception of beauty is different from another's.

For exapmle, Dragonite seems to be on your top two list of "Ugliest Pokemon Ever" and yet meny people have found is appearance an improvement.

At first, I was kind of thinking sceptile was pretty ugly, but the whole treecko group didn't look that appealing to me in the first place, so it would have to be....

dpmfa258.png
---->
dpmfa260.png

Last edited:
Dragonite is adorable.

Shellder -> Cloyster (WHY?!?)
Any starter -> Middle-evo (except Monferno.)
Kricketot -> Kricketune (Just ..no)
Rhydon -> Rhyperior
Magmar -> Magmortar (Rhyperior and Magmortar seem to be the ugliest Pokemon if this gen, IMO.)

Last edited:
My pick would have to be Stunky. When it evolves into Stunktank(I think that's the proper spelling)...ew and yuck!

And why would anyone say that Dragonite is ugly? It's very pretty and adoreable at the same time!

Turtwig to Grotle/Torterra. I'm sorry, but when do you go from tiny, to huge, to Bigger than a house, with TREES! FOR PETE'S SAKE

Last edited:
It's not how good they look after evolution; it's how much good-looking-ness they lost whilst in the process. The process, not the finished item. Dragonite traded elegance for goof... Hell, it looks more like Slowbro evolution...

It's not how good they look after evolution; it's how much good-looking-ness they lost whilst in the process. The process, not the finished item. Dragonite traded elegance for goof... Hell, it looks more like Slowbro evolution...

And again, the percepion of what looks good differs from one person to another, especially when the objects in question are imaginary creatures. Dragonair itself does not look that great to me, while Dragonite does. Same is the case with Rhydon to Rhypherior. Rhypherior certainly looks cooler than Rhydon in my eyes, while to Æsahættr, he finds them repulsive. As is the case with Cloyster.

I know, I know, I was just clarifying that I never put Dragonite on my top list (at least not for the Worst Looking pokemon that is...)

Besides, I already put the word think at the start of the thread, no?

Personally, I don't think Dragonite is ugly, just incredibly stupid looking. I feel they should have kept with the elegant, sea-serpent theme instead of going with the whole goofy dragon thing.

Anyways, here's my call:

366.png
----->
367.png

I think Clamperl lost all of it's cuteness when it evolved into Huntail.

Koffing > Weezing

Not that Koffing was glamorous to begin with, but Weezing looks weirdly depressed and somewhat gassier.

I think you forgot...

Bastidon. Oh my. I think that thing looks like the victum of a plastic surgery that went horribly wrong. I don't know... it's just, Ewww.

Last edited:
I'm AMAZED it took someone that long to say Bastidon...that thing just about tops my list for ugliest pokemon ever. But the top spot actually goes to Raticate. The think looks like it lost a fight with a washing machine and then went in for a round with a lawnmower -- which it also lost.

*Sniff* Dragonite is ADORABLE :'(

Kricketune.
Kricketot is adorable...
Then it turns into a singing scissor bug with a mustache.
D:

By the Pokédex, Grimer -> Muk, Glameow -> Purugly, Stunky -> Skuntank, Snubbull -> Granbull, and a few other examples fit the bill.

But purely in my objectivity (it's hard to vote for one out of 270-odd evolutions) Poliwhirl -> Politoed in the sense of "ugliest end result", but in terms of "cute to less cute" Marshtomp -> Swampert would be my vote.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom