• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

"Honedge comes into being when a departed spirit possesses a sword that once belonged to humans. It can use the blue cloth attached to its hilt as nimbly as an arm. Pokémon Trainers who carelessly take this blade in hand may find the blue cloth wrapping itself around them and draining their energy!"

Okay, now I'm curious.

Is this Honedge's Pokédex entry? If so, it doesn't mean much, at least not to me. It is the same as Yamask's entry, that says that it is a former human spirit transformed in a Pokémon, but yet it is born from a Pokémon egg. Or Froslass' that says that she is hollow inside, but we can easily see that there is something solid inside the white part of her body. I could mention a lot of other entries, but my point is: I don't believe in dex entries. Nonetheless, the description above is pretty cool and kind of creepy, as usual.

Is this Honedge's Pokédex entry? If so, it doesn't mean much, at least not to me. It is the same as Yamask's entry, that says that it is a former human spirit transformed in a Pokémon, but yet it is born from a Pokémon egg. Or Froslass' that says that she is hollow inside, but we can easily see that there is something solid inside the white part of her body. I could mention a lot of other entries, but my point is: I don't believe in dex entries. Nonetheless, the description above is pretty cool and kind of creepy, as usual.[/FONT]

If we're to assume the the little blurbs we've been getting about the new Pokemon are Pokedex entries (which I think is likely), then yes, it is his entry. I personally like Pokedex entries, and, particularly, ones like these for Ghost-types.

I like the cursed sword concept. It sounds like RPG material :D

Now that I've gotten a better look at it, it looks a little better. Not a fan of the name, though. :/ Hopefully it will grow on me.

Weird....pratticly a blade that sucks human energy
(Blade+eye+edge)

Huh that's an actual tassel and not a ghost hand, amazing touch. Also, holy design subtlety batman! The sheath's eyes and mouth? Its really the lines of the sword. Man do I love the pokemon now.

Huh that's an actual tassel and not a ghost hand, amazing touch. Also, holy design subtlety batman! The sheath's eyes and mouth? Its really the lines of the sword. Man do I love the pokemon now.

UmpOi.gif

That just made me love it even more! What a great designed Pokémon.

You mean none of you noticed that, the eyes and mouth on the sheathe are just the lines on sword's blades inside, yesterday? :0 I'm usually the last person to work these things out I thought Poliwag's mouth was a nose since Gen I.

It's still giving me a Wind Waker vibe; it looks like it could be an enemy type or a boss in the Wind Waker. I guess the style of the 3D model helps that. Not that that's a complaint, since I absolutely adore that game.

And it's confirmed to know Swords Dance. What a shocker!
Lol, that was so unexpected~

tumblr_mpgkwc2M0a1rdrk4uo2_r1_400.jpg

tumblr_mpgkwc2M0a1rdrk4uo3_r1_400.jpg

tumblr_mpgkwc2M0a1rdrk4uo4_r1_400.jpg

So they didn't implement custom animation for the pokemon :/ If you would remember Stadium 2, some pokemon were having custom animations in the 3D games like Miltank's and Donphan's Rollout.

Logically, Honedge should perform the dance rather than play the animation without doing anything.

Then why did nobody mention that on the last 5 pages? God mobile bmgf plus crap wifi is crap, and to see all that time going to waste cause I thought I was being original..*facedesk*
And yeah it fits WW but not the other LoZs cause of the style. Nice big blue eye helps.

Then why did nobody mention that on the last 5 pages? God mobile bmgf plus crap wifi is crap, and to see all that time going to waste cause I thought I was being original..*facedesk*

Well there's no harm in posting it even if you're not the first; you did help Reila notice it afterall :p

(And it turns out I said it on Skype - and not on the forums like I thought I had). Also I keep misspelling sheath as sheathe... someone kill me D:

"Honedge comes into being when a departed spirit possesses a sword that once belonged to humans. It can use the blue cloth attached to its hilt as nimbly as an arm. Pokémon Trainers who carelessly take this blade in hand may find the blue cloth wrapping itself around them and draining their energy!"

You just know that with a backstory as cool as that, it'll get consigned to a pointless filler episode when it appears in the anime (remember how Fuwante was made up of spirits and stole children away, only for the anime to have it working at a wind station).

Honedge is a pretty cool name. I don't put much stock in the dex entries, especially when Ghost Pokemon still come from Pokemon eggs, but it is fitting as a creepy dex entry for a Ghost type and I can see trainers trying to use it as a sword be used in the anime as a filler episode too. The design still doesn't really appeal to me. I noticed the eye, although I don't think I saw its mouth, and making the tasal look like a ghost hand was a clever move, but it still doesn't click for me. I really don't like how it looks too much like a sword. It may click more for me later and I still like its type combination, but this is one of the few new Pokemon that I don't particularly care for.

Honedge is a pretty cool name. I don't put much stock in the dex entries, especially when Ghost Pokemon still come from Pokemon eggs, but it is fitting as a creepy dex entry for a Ghost type and I can see trainers trying to use it as a sword be used in the anime as a filler episode too. The design still doesn't really appeal to me. I noticed the eye, although I don't think I saw its mouth, and making the tasal look like a ghost hand was a clever move, but it still doesn't click for me. I really don't like how it looks too much like a sword. It may click more for me later and I still like its type combination, but this is one of the few new Pokemon that I don't particularly care for.
The lines on the sword are going vertically downward; just like the lines separating the "teeth" on the sheathed sword.

Sounds like this new sword Pokemon is going to be fighting on the edge

Really? I don't see the point of it.

Well, I hope it at least gets some good stab attacks.

Hello. Sorry, I am new to this forum, so I apologize if I'm a bit of an elephant in the room. Has anyone noticed how Talonflame resembles the Hunger Games film logo? It has an arrow, is a bird with the feathers pointing on the back of it's head, has a slightly similar shape in the tail (if you do the basic shapes like you're going to draw it), and is on fire.

Honestly I don't like much Honedge by now. However I think when you introduce a bunch of over 100 new creatures every gen, there will always be pokémon you like and some other you don't. Personally I find Gothita, Vanillite and Trubbish lines terrible, but I loved the whole gen V. So I'm keeping my good feelings about this gen.

So what confirmed Pokemon do you think will be on your team in X and Y so far?

I know I'm keeping Fennekin and Noivern. Since they talked about riding Rhyhorn around, I assume you'll be able to catch one in the region, so I'll be keeping that for Nostalgia. I'm considering Honedge just because I've never really committed to a ghost-type before and he seems pretty cool. As for the others that have been announced, I'll see what the Kalos region has to offer before making a choice. How about you?

Back
Top Bottom