• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Re: Mega Evolution Discussion

I'm surely do not want to see Charizard digievo... oops, MegaEvolution

Is there any chance that it will not get one??

Mega Shedinja. Stays completely the same except for becoming Bug/Steel.
No, make it Ghost/Steel (or Ghost/Dark; assuming Fairy is SE on Dark, that at least gives it one weakness).

Mega Shedinja should ever be Bug/Ghost type, not only because it is among my favourites, but let us not spoil the GitS jokes

If all goes well charizard will finally achieve true dragon status as a fire/dragon that isn't crippled by stealth rock. If the trademark evidence and hiro are to be believed charizard will mega evolve.

It has to enter battle as Fire/Flying so even if Mega Charizard is Fire/Dragon stealth rock will probably still tear it up. : (

What Mega Evolution do you want?

heeey guys, what is the top 10 pokemon you wanna see from the older games get a mega evolution in x and y, mine you have to be:

10. beedrill - this pokemon was my favorite pokemon in red and blue... i can just imagine it getting a metal suit or something :)

9. hariyama - i love this pokemon, it just looks cool...

8. Cryogonal - what the hell is the deal with this thing, its ugly and annoying -_- correct the error gamefreak

7. smeargle - .... -_- what is the point of this pokemon?

6. mantine - awesome design please make it strong and even more awesome

5. uxie, mesprit and azelf - i just think they would look cool

4. relicanth - i've always wanted to use this pokemon but it sucks

3. snorlax - i wanna see this pokemon awake and in battle form

2.ninetales - fire/ghost pleaseeeeee

1. rapidash - i want a unicorn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha this was fun if you wanna be x and y rivals that will be cool i need someone to trade version exclusives when it comes out :)

i wanna point out that the new mouse pokemon is fairy type.... i hope pachirisu is too :) byeee

Re: what mega evolution do you want?

Mega Yanmega Bug/Dragon type
Serperior Grass/Dragon type
Emolga with higher special attack and special defense. It already has high speed, so if the other stats go up Emolga will be one cute powerhouse ;d
I agree with Rapidash, a pegasus will look awesome imo
And Sableye, if Mawile got a Mega evo I hope Sableye does, too.
And maybe Rotom

I would be more than satisfied with Mega Evolutions for all starters + Sableye and Dunsparce. Of course, there are few more I want, but these are the essentials.

My top wish list for Megas is:

All 18 starters
Sableye
Raichu
Pachirisu
Rotom
Maybe Rapidash?
Unown?
Gyarados (Water/Dragon)
Flygon
Yanmega

And probably a bunch of others.

Besides that, I'd much rather have actual evolutions for anything that isn't already a full 3 stage family. Like Mawile...

Last edited:

Serperior Grass/Dragon type
If any starter deserves a Grass/Dragon typing I would say Sceptile over Serperior.

I agree with Rapidash, a pegasus will look awesome imo
Pokemon has been generally good about not giving us any six-limbed vertebrates (dragons excepted because, well, dragons). If a Mega Rapidash has wings then it'd probably be done like Mega Absol's wings are, except in Rapidash's case they would be made of FIRE.

Mega Shedinja. Stays completely the same except for becoming Bug/Steel.
No, make it Ghost/Steel (or Ghost/Dark; assuming Fairy is SE on Dark, that at least gives it one weakness).

Mega Shedinja should ever be Bug/Ghost type, not only because it is among my favourites, but let us not spoil the GitS jokes

Or, alternately, maybe Mega Shedinja actually has HP. Not all that much HP, mind you, like maybe a baser 20 HP (comparable to Shuckle). Enough that it can actually survive a little poisoning, sandstorms, Stealth Rock....

Last edited:

I don't get why people want Pokemon like Absol & Mawile to have an evolution. I like them as standalone Pokemon that don't have evolutionary families. Even if they did get evolutions or baby Pokemon, people would still complain.

Mega evolutions are a great way to make them more usable in battle without giving them a permanent evolution. Mawile getting two jaws is fantastic imo.

For me, I'd like:

All of the starters
Luxray
Manectric
Arcanine
Druddigon
Golurk
Houndoom

Thinking about it I would like a ghost type to get a mega...as for which ghost type I can only think of mismagius...mega mismagius, mmm. Sounds fun. I can also see sableye getting one. And mega gengar would probably look pretty sick. Any one else?

Another scary thought, is pikachu gonna get one? A mega, I mean. This might be an idea the writer through about for the new season. And I don't think it a farfetch'd idea. (Ha! Made a funny.)

Last edited:

I want Mawile to have an evolution so it doesn't have to hold stones and be the sole mega on my team. At least a Mawile evo could hold other items... :/

Also, pure Fairy mega Wigglytuff, assuming Wigglytuff keeps Jigglypuff's typing.

Although Mega Evolution doesn't seem necessary right now, I can still see it being fun when battling against friends and such. It could be like a Zoroark thing, where your opponent isn't exactly sure what it is or what it can do. I loved tricking my friends into thinking that my Zoroark was my Lucario, so that they would send out a Psychic type and I would one-hit KO them with Dark Pulse. I can see a similar thing happening with Mega Evolution, where your friends don't think that Absol's holding a Mega Stone thing, then suddenly BAM! You're facing against a majestic angel wolf monster of death!

And who knows, maybe when the game comes out, we'll see a necessity for these Mega Evolutions (There's probably going to be a ridiculously tough Champion battle...)

The Mega Evolutions should be an interesting addition to X&Y. I can see myself getting frustrated at the sudden, un-expected use of them during battle. But I wonder, will there only be mega evolutions of Pokemon from older generations or will they also include new Pokemon from Generation VI?

The thing I'm wondering about Mega Evolutions is if the item used to make them Mega Evolve can be affected by item-controlled attacks/abilities, the ones that suppress an ability, or forbid you from using an item, stealing the item temporarily, etc. Maybe there will be an item that can be held that will stop the opponent's Pokemon from Mega Evolving at all?

Im still not sure how I feel about this new concept. I feel like more needs to be revealed about them before I form a proper opinion but it seems different than just a form and not quite a true evolution. I find it kind of hard to predict what Pokemon might get them(perhaps a few more starters, and seeing Mawile get one makes me think that Sableye might since they are thought of as counterparts) I will admit MegaBlaziken and MegaMawile look pretty cool.

Anybody here in favor of having a Mega Zangoose and Mega Seviper? I would personally love to have Mega Evolutions for these guys.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom