• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

They can't be conclusively busted until October; the current rebuttal is merely "they would have revealed it by now" and there's no response to that.

Well, Kanghaskhan doesn't change at all when it megaevolves...
Not by itself, sure, but the kid's out of the pouch and grown up now and that's pretty obvious.

But I can confirm these are true, after all, my dad is Ned Tendou.
...you do know nobody believes that at this time, right? Not when every rumor in the mill uses "knows-an-insider" as its source.

Last edited:

I just feel that if there was a poison Eevee evo, it would have showed up in the Eevee and Friends movie with Sylveon. I mean, why show one and not the other, unless there is no other?

I agree. It just doesn't seem to make sense to not showcase two eevee evolutions at the same time. If I'm correct, didn't they show both Glaceon and Leafeon back when they were revealed in 4th Gen? It wasn't one and then the other months later. x_x

I have convinced myself that Sylveon is probably the only Eeveelution this time around. If by some chance there happens to be another I would be pleasantly surprised. So far we have Eeveelutions who can pretty much survive and or take advantage of any weather condition except for Sandstorm, so I would say I'd really like to have a Ground Type Eeveelution (though Steel would be another choice for me especially if its strong against Fairy Type).

Going by current speculation, Sylveon's SpDef is already the highest of its stats, so another Eevee evo with a focus on SpDef would be overkill. But this is all speculative guesswork.

There's also the certainty that Sylveon has 95 base HP.

I thought we weren't sure yet if Sylveon had 95 or 110 base HP?

In the English playable demo, the Sylveon had 106 HP at Level 30. In the Pokémon Smash video that confirmed the Fairy type, there was a Level 50 Sylveon with 155 HP. Assuming that Both Pokémon had zero EVs, it makes sense for both Sylveon to have 95 base HP if the English demo had Perfect IVs while the Pokémon Smash Sylveon had all zero IVs.

There's also the assumption that Sylveon's SpAtk is 110 due to its OHKO of Gabite in that playable demo, again assuming Fairy Wind is a special attack.

If that's the case I really hope that Spd and Def get the 65 base stats and that Atk gets the 60.

Well, I sort of have a theory for what they could do with the Eeveelutions in regards the the future of the series. Now that we have 18 types (ahh, a nice even number) we can do eight special (though Fairy technically doesn't have an association) and eight physical (even though Dragon was special, I see it as more of a physical type these days). So think this:

Gen 1:
Vaporeon (Water), Jolteon (Electric), Flareon (Fire)

Gen 2: Espeon (Psychic), Umbreon (Dark)

Gen 3: n/a

Gen 4: Leafon (Grass), Glaceon (Ice)

Gen 5: n/a

Gen 6: Sylveon (Fairy)

THEN

Gen 7: (Rock), (Ground), (Steel)

Gen 8: (Normal), (Fighting)

Gen 9: SKIPPED

Gen 10: (Flying), (Bug)

Gen 11: SKIPPED

Gen 12: (Ghost), (Poison)

Gen 13: (Dragon)

Just a thought...

Oh yeah, Sylveon survived a Hydro Pump from a Politoed holding a Life Orb. This may mean that Sylveon might have either 110 or 130 Sp. Def. Also, in that match, Trick Room was used and Politoed moved before Sylveon. This makes determining the base speed difficult. If 110, 130, and 95 are used already, then the values 65 and 60 are the only ones available. If 60 was the right one, then 65 is the only value for the remaining two stats.

It's not necessarily surprising to see Sylveon have such a high special defense, as that's a common trait shared with just about almost every eeveelution, as far as I know (not sure about Vaporeon, and Glaceon and Leafeon might be exceptions to this). A high speed is something that's pleasant to hear though, I was afraid it'd be slow. This means that at least it'd be fast enough to outspeed and KO the likes of anything that's probably not Latios. If it has a base 110 Speed, then that means that it at least Speed ties with Latios at worst, but it'd live its attacks, anyhow.

Quite interesting info, indeed. n_n

After looking at the exhibition battle, I noticed that the Gallade had 31 IVs and 252 EVs on HP. The Marowak Had 31 IVs and 0 EVs on HP. Some of the stats of the Pokémon participating in the fight may have possessed perfect EVs in certain stats. In the exhibition battle, if Trick Room's effects didn't disappear yet before the final turn, it's possible that Sylveon had 252 EVs in Speed because if its base speed was 60 or 65, Sylveon may not have moved last.

Last edited:

Gabite was faster than Sylveon in the playable demo, so assuming there were no EVs involved, Sylveon can't have a speed greater than 82, which leaves either the 65 or 60 stats.

And as noted above, the stats in the exhibition match seemed a bit strange, but if we are to assume nothing has changed with rain or crit mechanics, then for Sylveon to survive a Rain/Life Orb/Hydro Pump/STAB from Politoed, it'd surely need the 130 base stat SpDef. My calculations aren't the best, so could someone just double check that. :p

So with that all being said and done, here are the possible base stat distributions, assuming all mechanics have remained the same from Gen 5 to Gen 6:

95/65/60/110/130/65
or 95/60/65/110/130/65
or 95/65/65/110/130/60

It's not necessarily surprising to see Sylveon have such a high special defense, as that's a common trait shared with just about almost every eeveelution, as far as I know (not sure about Vaporeon, and Glaceon and Leafeon might be exceptions to this). A high speed is something that's pleasant to hear though, I was afraid it'd be slow. This means that at least it'd be fast enough to outspeed and KO the likes of anything that's probably not Latios. If it has a base 110 Speed, then that means that it at least Speed ties with Latios at worst, but it'd live its attacks, anyhow.

Quite interesting info, indeed. n_n

Actually Sylveon is pretty slow. Only 60/65 base Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom