• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Re: Mega Evolution Discussion

So judging by the fact that the only thing that got taller on Venusaur is its flower and it grew to over 7 feet, I'm guessing Game Freak measures it from the tip of the flower down to the toe....which makes the rest of Venusaur bigger when you think about it. I don't think I could have asked for anything better. It gained a defense boost and an ability to combat two of its weaknesses.

As for Charizard, it seems as if they decided to take its design from its original design that only had one horn:

cuqt.png

It's just too bad it has Drought. Unless Drought will also activate the turn it Mega Evolves (since in Rotations, it won't activate rotating in, only if you're the first one sent out) its still going to suck.

As for Mega Blastoise....too bad it currently only knows Water Pulse....and unless it matches Hydropump in power its going to be a useless ability. Though the site hints it may learn Dark Pulse considering they mentioned it.

So now my team will have Froakie, Mega Blaziken, and Mega Venusaur (obviously only one transforms at a time, but having two potential)

As for the mechanics:
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/mega_evolution/

The truth behind why some Pokémon can Mega Evolve is becoming more clear. When you look closely at the main character's left arm, you'll notice a bracelet called the Mega Ring. When a Pokémon is holding its Mega Stone, the Mega Ring and Mega Stone resonate, triggering Mega Evolution. It is said that the strong bond between a Pokémon and its Trainer also plays an important role in making these two items resonate.

I guess I was right about my prediction that you'll need to increase a bond between the player and their Pokemon to Mega Evolve and that the Mega Stone helps facilitate the communication of this bond. It probably is tied to Poke-Amie as @Silktree suggests.

Last edited:

The Outrage said:
Unless Drought will also activate the turn it Mega Evolves (since in Rotations, it won't activate rotating in, only if you're the first one sent out) its still going to suck.
I don't see why it wouldn't be activated upon the transformation, considering that the sequence ends with the Pokémon making its entrance again.

Last edited:

Wait, no one's is commenting on Charizard getting Drought? Isn't this huge? Especially because it's Special Attack will be boosted, and I believe it's speed will too.
I agree - you just know that every Charizard will be packing a SolarBeam now. Heck, it may as well learn the move by level-up.

With Charizard getting Drought, I have to wonder whether one of the other Water starters will be given Drizzle.

Charizard might still have crap typing but many people will use it because of Drought set-up, plus if its stats are boosted it might be viable and of course here comes the Solar Beam whoring and doesn't Fire Blast have boosted accuracy in the Sun? Charizard is likely to be OU solely because of Drought.

Maybe Swampert?

It's curious that Mega Charizard gets four shots instead of three. BTW, the first two were apparently taken during a Sky Battle:

...and doesn't Fire Blast have boosted accuracy in the Sun?
Nope, just the boost in power. (Charizard can learn Hone Claws though....)

Charizard is likely to be OU solely because of Drought.
Just like Blaziken being OU due to Speed Boost?

If that is a Sky Battle, then what is that shadow doing there.
I know, right? But look at the scale of the terrain below it, it's way too small to be from a normal ground battle.

PS: Now I want to know if you can use Dig during a Sky Battle and how that's supposed to work.

I noticed that Xavier was yelling when he Henshin'd...

I wonder if you have to push the Mega Evolution and then yell out for your Pokemon in the microphone to make it Mega Evolve (of course you could yell anything or blow into it, but for the kids thinking they actually need to shout the Pokemon's name would be cool) since Masuda talks about how you'll feel like your heart is connected to the Pokemon.

Jesus, what have they done to poor old Blastoise. Look how they massacred my boy...

Mega-Charizard looks great though, but I thought for sure that it'd be Fire/Dragon when I saw it, but apparently not.

Maybe charizard couldnt become fire/dragon because it could megaevolve in a sky battle and lose its flying type. Also, i think charizard will be OU now. Do we know if you can turn your pokemon back to normal in battle after it mega evolve? If so, charizard could mega evolve, turn the weather sunny, and then, turn back to normal and use solar power or blaze.

OH GOD I USED TO HATE THE MEGA EVOLUTION CONCEPT BUT MEGA BLASTOISE OMG CAPS RAGE BECAUSE

Ok, now I'll calm down. Mega Blastoise looks AWESOME. D:

I absolutely adore the Mega Evolution concept, giving new life and designs to Pokémon, altering the landscape of battles. More than that, I love Charizard, and I believe his Mega Evolution is far superior, he looks positively mythical now. I wish these were permanent.

I'm sure Gamefreak got the idea from ben 10: ultimate alien

when ben 10 use the ultimatrix, it evolves any of his aliens forms into more powerful forms (changing size and looks and granting them new powers and new abilities)
this is exactly the same when the Pokemon use the mega stones during battle, changing there appearances, size and granting new powers (like type or abilities)

way a go Gamefreak

I think that now Mega Blastoise will learn "Tri Attack" .
All three are epic-looking.

Sure it cant happen( turn back to normal during the battle)?Was it confirmed?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom