• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
So a Pokémon shouldn't get a Mega Evolution just because you don't like it? Ha ha wow.

because thats different from 'x should get a mega evolution because i LOVESSSSS it'?

its an opinion.forums are for opinions
ive never liked infernape. i do however find it likely that he will get a mega anyhow, since hes a starter and all *shrug*

I find that I like a lot of unpopular Pokemon. My favorite starter of all time is still chikorita. So something tells that a lot of my favorites are not going to be getting megas. Oh well mega absol is cool at least.

the criteria they posted for 'who gets a mega' really disappoints my prospects of a lot of 'underused' but interesting pokemon getting megas to make them more competitive. meanwhile, they give top OU threats like blaziken and lucario and garchomp megas *-_-

thats my main complaint with how they are handling megas. more pokemon like absol, mawile, and ampharos need the love

After BW, Corocoro had a poll of some sort (iirc) and Chandelure scored #1 on that. So if they are basing it somewhat on popularity, then I imagine Chandelure is a likely candidate for Mega, since it's popular both in Japan and everywhere else.

I fuckin love Chandelure. One of my favorite gen V pokemon. I just wish they gave it it's dwa and made it that much better.

Kind of makes sense, actually, since DB and Goku were initially based on the Chinese legend about a trickster-hero monkey king (in "Jounrey To The West") and Infernape is a monkey.

(And Chandelure is my favorite pokemon, I want a mega, but I wonder how it's design could possibly be improved? I love it to pieces!)

As long as every past starter (especially Swampert and Sceptile) gets Megas, I'm happy.

Next issue of CoroCoro is going to include a Mega Evolution booklet and a short story about a Garchomp that Mega Evolve. Hopefully this issue will come out before the 12th.

So a Pokémon shouldn't get a Mega Evolution just because you don't like it? Ha ha wow.

No different than you wanting them to completely overhaul a traditional game mechanic, like how many Pokemon you can use in a gym battle.

In any case, I hold my stance on who I think should get a Mega Evolution; if there's a generational/in-game counterpart for one, their counterpart(s) should get it too. In other words, I feel all starters (except for maybe Kalos starters) should get a Mega. We know it's not just Kanto starters getting them. And since Mawile is getting the Mega treatment, Sableye should too.

Will Mega Stones Be consumed?

I'm asking a question regarding Mega Evolutions. If anyone knows, does a Mega Stone get consumed when you Mega Evolve a Pokemon? Because I'm worried about that Blazikenite my Torchic will be holding. If I Mega Evolve my Blaziken, will the Blazikenite be lost forever? If noone knows yet, you can ignore this post.

:201b::201y::201e:

Re: Will Mega Stones Be consumed?

Why would they release an event-only item if it later turned out to be consumed when you used it? That would kind of defeat the entire purpose of that distribution, and any future Mega Stone distribution as well.

Edit: I really, really doubt it. It would be like TMs back in the day all over again - i.e. nobody would use them.

Re: Will Mega Stones Be consumed?

I really doubt that. A stone per battle? Nah. That would be so tiring and people would probably stop using megas.

If you had to use one stone per battle, I wouldn't even bother with Megas. Seriously, that would get much to tedious, and I don't think Mega Stones are gonna be a common occurrence.

As I said in the Smash thread: Ampharos Mega Evolved at the start of the turn, then Slowbro attacked, then Gogoat attacked... then Ampharos attacked! That means Mega Evolving has priority at the start of the turn!

Video of proof is here.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom