• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay if they're only bringing in fewer pokemon so older pokemon can have as much attention that's ridiculous, we just had a huge Pokedex in BW2 we don't need another one.

Unless Masuda is that much of a hack.

I couldn't agree more. ^^^^

It seems highly unlikely that they would advertise this gen so heavily, then shortchange it by only releasing so few new Pokemon, then trample them with countless older ones. So let's hope that's not the case.

I'd say probably in the 80-90 range. But I'm not positive

The thing is, XY were never advertised by having tons of Pokémon. They always focused the marketing in the new features, 3D graphics, etc.

Anyway, it seems that someone has a level 35 Frogadier. The Greninja dilemma is going to die... soon.

Sigh, I should've known. I've always hated the even-numbered generations because the lack of new Pokemon squashes the identity of the setting.

Delphox looks great! Glad it tones down the furbait look after Braixen.

I wouldn't say that, any Pokemon that's a bipedal animal (Lucario and Zoroark for instance) tends to be furbait regardless of it's design.[/QUOTE]

At least it's not as blatant as Braixen.

And with Sinnoh, excluding members of previously introduced lines and legendaries, actually had pretty few new Pokemon.

I'm not sure Gen IV even introduced a new Fire-type line.

You mean besides the Chimchar line?
we dont speak that name around here.

chimchar and heatran (and magmortar) were the only gen 4 fire types. which did make me wonder why they had a fire e4 anyhow...

I get the feeling that gamefreak is trying really hard to get back the lets say "nostalgia fueled" crowd. Between 2 mega charizards and 2 mega mewtwos and the kanto starters. It feels like the next gen six game will be another red and blue remake. All this makes me kinda sad that gamefreak is applying to the "nostalgia fueled" crowd and not moving forward.

Delphox is expected. Has no one even seen female spellcasters in Japanese games and other stories outside of Final Fantasy? They're usually old women, really haggared with long dresses. Like, well, Dumblrdore - but women.
So basically a witch? You know, the spellcasting type of witch and not the "I live in a cookie house and eat children because I'm eeeeeevil and stuff" type witch? Call me nuts, but I could get behind that.

Delphox looks pretty good. I could see that on my team on a second playthrough or on a copy of Y. (And yeah, this is making the idea of DLing a copy of Y on my 3DS really tempting.)

As for Greninja, I actually like it. I don't know why, but I think it kinda looks badass. If it's real, I'll be happy.
Those player videos crack me up. They're so damn dramatic.

Was that video made in-game? How? Is there some kind of presentation thing you can do and add your own text? (referring to Release Yo' Delf)
I really hope that's an in-game feature, as I will make a million different vids of my Automaton army...

If one think only bipedal Pokémon are "furbaits", they certainly don't know the internet properly yet. The eeveelutions are quadrupeds and also huge "furbaits". Some people are so naive it hurts :| Aaaanyway, meet Carbink:

2WbQysR.jpg

The thing is, XY were never advertised by having tons of Pokémon. They always focused the marketing in the new features, 3D graphics, etc.

Anyway, it seems that someone has a level 35 Frogadier. The Greninja dilemma is going to die... soon.

The time of Armageddon is upon us my brothers, brace yourselves...

"XY was never advertised by having tons of new pokemon"

I beg to differ? This is the first time, where we have so much officially revealed new pokemons before release. I'd say hyping new pokemon was one of the core aspects advertised.

Also @Reila; I'm sure that dilemma is not the right term to use here. We are not being offered a choice between 2 possible Foakie3 evos...

If one think only bipedal Pokémon are "furbaits", they certainly don't know the internet properly yet. The eeveelutions are quadrupeds and also huge "furbaits". Some people are so naive it hurts :| Aaaanyway, meet Carbink:

2WbQysR.jpg

Holy shit a new pokemon.

Good news: Finally a new pokemon, and finally a Rock/Fairy type.
Bad news: It looks... ugh...
Even worse news: Plenty of weaknesses to worry about, including a 4x weakness to Steel.

So Carbink was real? Looks interesting, kinda hard to tell what it is though, I thought it was a plant before reading it's species :v

I can see Carbink is a potential abuser of Gem Power.

Carbink? What exactly is that anyway? Besides being a rough gemstone...

2WbQysR.jpg

Klink found its easiest prey it seems.

Carbuncles usually look like something closer to Espeon, though. Not a top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom