• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Re: (READ POST #18) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

So I think I've realized one of the things that bothers me about the new pokemon. They've got this huge back catalogue of early route pokemon like birds, bugs, and small mammals, which they were fine with keeping a few of in the game as is, which also introducing new variants of those same pokemon, which are largely uninteresting. Really, I would have much preferred it if they only had old early route pokemon such as Zigzagoon and Caterpie, but then had more interesting lines later on that were more interesting and useful late game. Talonflame works well later on, so I really would've been fine with Fletchling being the only new pokemon within the first route or two to save the new designs for later on with buffed up stats.

The story, the rivals and Diantha suck. * hides*

i feel that the game should have done a better job explaining fairy type pokemon(which is my favorite type). I mean there so many questions that need to be answer. Like what is the source of their energy? And what makes a pokemon a fairy type? They should have build a better background information on why fairy types exist.

I despise Tierno with every fiber of my being. >:|

Tierno was just so one dimensional. You have the fireworks scene with Shauna, and there's house in Lumiose that at least tells you a bit about Trevor...but Tierno is just there. No backstory or anything, and he talks nonstop about dancing.

I'd say it's worth complaining that within the first month two game-breaking bugs have been found, even if one has now been addressed. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if playtesters just never came across them in the first place. Makes you wonder if the games were rushed or if the attention of the dev team was more on the bells and whistles.

Just about finished the main aspects of the game. I have to say, there really isn't much I have to say negatively about it.

The first is very minor since it doesn't affect me at the moment, but I'm a bit disappointed that the male character can't take off his hat, thus preventing me from having Shikamaru hair. But, like I said, I'm not even playing as the male, so this is just a very minor disappointment.

My second complaint is for the very existence of Hawlucha. Not anything design-wise, just the fact that it destroys me every single time I face one.

I also would have liked to fight my rivals/friends a few more times than I did, but I was very pleased with their characters since I hated all three Gen 5 rivals.

The only other thing only pertains to Lumiose and it's that the camera and control is a bit difficult at times, but nothing a little getting used to won't fix.

Only ~70 Pokemon is annoying, but what's even worse was the plain lack of 6th gen Pokemon you find in the beginning. The first thing I found in Kalos was a Pidgey. A Pidgey!

Only 69 new pokemon. Personally, I wanted more cross evolutions and pre-evolutions besides Sylveon. Then there's the lack of a legendary trio (besides Xerneas Yveltal and Zygarde). I also wished there was a better post game. Besides this, I really enjoyed the game a lot.

The fact that pokemon that are used in Flying Battles don't also have just a normal standing model is absolutely idiotic. I mean for starters, Flying Battles themselves are dumb to begin with, but the fact that it intrudes upon regular battling is extremely frustrating. Pokemon like Swellow and Xatu just gliding there a foot off the ground looks horrible, and I can't fathom who thought that looked good. It's not like those pokemon are flying in Amie is it? I pray to God that's something they remedy in Z.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xd,tons of things.
The biggest,ever is the fact my Hydreigon can be demolished by having a pillow fight with a azumarill.
Another is Team flare,i really thought it looked a little,to simple compared to my first Black 2 game.(Yush,new to pokemon)Along with all the other plots i spent an hour reading about.And finally i didnt really like not having shaking audino grass.And i dont like going to the battle-chatua thingy and paying 50K just to get a bit of training in.But mainly,i just hate the fairy type.

The fact that pokemon that are used in Flying Battles don't also have just a normal standing model is absolutely idiotic. I mean for starters, Flying Battles themselves are retarded to begin with, but the fact that it intrudes upon regular battling is extremely frustrating. Pokemon like Swellow and Xatu just gliding there a foot off the ground looks horrible, and I can't fathom who thought that looked good. It's not like those pokemon are flying in Amie is it? I pray to God that's something they remedy in Z.
Have you seen Eelektross? They ruined it for sky battles.

Hopefully, in a future game, they make it so that Sky Battle eligible Pokemon have both a non-Sky battle and a sky battle models. A lot of the Sky battle models look awful and I don't see why things like Hawlucha can't be in it. Archeops flies awkwardly enough in this game.

That's the reason some flying Pokemon just kinda float? I honestly haven't done any Sky Battles, so I didn't know. They do look bad though, especially things like Salamance.

Though really, sky battles in general are dumb. I'd have no problem with them not appearing again.

I 100% forgot about Sky Battles, since I don't use flying types. I'd rather the return of rotation/triple battles.

Actually, I just realised the lack of a post-game actually fits in-line with previous generations; Gen I, II and III completely lacked a post-game (well, in their 'initial games') save for a Battle Tower in Gen III which is represented by the Battle Maison. That's kinda...interesting, yet still disappointed.

Actually, I just realised the lack of a post-game actually fits in-line with previous generations; Gen I, II and III completely lacked a post-game (well, in their 'initial games') save for a Battle Tower in Gen III which is represented by the Battle Maison. That's kinda...interesting, yet still disappointed.
Since when did a second region (Kanto in Gold and Silver) not constitute post-game content? What would you say that Diamond/Pearl and Black/White had that other initial versions didn't? They had a few more locations to explore and the Battle Tower/Subway, but everything else was accessible during the main adventure.

Since when did a second region (Kanto in Gold and Silver) not constitute post-game content? What would you say that Diamond/Pearl and Black/White had that other initial versions didn't? They had a few more locations to explore and the Battle Tower/Subway, but everything else was accessible during the main adventure.

I honestly count Kanto's portion of GSC to be part of the main game, since it has its own league. Post-Game would be Red and Mt. Silver. DPPt and BWB2W2 had additional routes, in the very least.

I honestly count Kanto's portion of GSC to be part of the main game, since it has its own league. Post-Game would be Red and Mt. Silver. DPPt and BWB2W2 had additional routes, in the very least.
Sinnoh and Unova's additional routes could have been implemented into the main game without much difference (especially in Black and White where the adventure was particularly linear). They weren't a special experience that made the post-game stand out, so I don't see why it matters that the "extra routes" in Kalos are integrated into the main story. In every game, the story is pretty much non-existent outside of the usual formula. While I am not a fan of the Looker sidequest in XY, that actually begins to resemble something different.

I don't really like Fairies... I understand the need to nerf Dragons, but, Fairies have some really unique weaknesses that I would've never thought as intuitive. I think that's my only complaint. That, and no Dunsparce love in a mega-evolution or a new evolution in general.

Another thing that is kind of forgotten I was dissappinted by: the removal of seasons from gen 5! It's the little things that count!

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom