• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that should not exist

Phione... what's the point? Manaphy should just be unbreedable like the rest of them.

Roggenrola, too. I just don't get it. Geodude I can forgive, but Roggenrola is just odd.

Also Tepig's evolutions. Tepig is so freaking cute, and they crapped on in with a... obese... wrestler pig? I guess?

I think just about every later-generation prevolution should not have been made. And also most of the new evolutions, except for the split-path ones, like froslass, gallade and the eeveelutions, and the few good ones like scizor, weavile and yanmega.

I also think there are far too many legendaries. They're just not special at all, now there are so many. I think every generation should have a trio, like the birds or the beasts, and one or two 'greater' legendaries, like mewtwo, lugia, kyogre, giratina, reshiram, yveltal, etc. I'm completely against the idea of mythical pokemon like phione and manaphy, which you can only get from events. There should be a small number of legendaries, which you can get in game, and no more.

There are also loads of designs I look at and just think 'why did someone think this was a good idea?' Every generation has a few of these, and it would cut things shorter if they just didn't. Gen 6 had the right idea by going for a smaller number, I think. Just my opinion.

None. While i don't like a few pokemon it wouldn't be fair if i wanted them to not exist since somebody else might like them.

The Pikachu clones (Plusle/Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, and Dedenne), they're not that useful in battle, they don't evolve, and there's no real point to them existing regardless of whether Pikachu itself is obtainable in the game or not. The only reason they even exist is simply to sell plush dolls and nothing more. Pichu and Raichu are fine since they are part of the Pikachu family, but the other electric rodents have no point in existing.

I also think Phione shouldn't exist because it's nothing but a gimmick Pokemon to troll breeders that they're not going to get another Manaphy no matter how hard they try. Another example of a Pokemon that just shouldn't be are the elemental monkeys (Pansage/Pansear/Panpour), which are essentially the same Pokemon copy-pasted three times. Couldn't they just create a second set of Unova starters, at least in X/Y you're offered the Kanto starters to supplement the Kalos starters (obviously as a gimmick to advertise Mega Evolutions, but that's another topic).

Actually, most of the "gimmick" Pokemon can go away, except Sawsbuck, because Sawsbuck at least does more than simply look decorative for each season.

A few others I wish didn't exist include Dugtrio (Excadrill is far better), Jynx, Licklicky, and Luvdisc (which is only useful for getting Heart Scales, that's it), but if there's one Pokemon I wish to see gone, it's Pinsir. I absolutely HATE Pinsir, it's design is really ugly and it's hard to look at for me.

The thing I want to see gone are the baby Pokémon.

why-the-fuck-are-you-even-here.jpg

Seriously. Can someone give me one reason why they even exist?

The thing I want to see gone are the baby Pokémon.

Seriously. Can someone give me one reason why they even exist?

Well now a days if you encounter them in the wild they have crazy good ivs. 3 guaranteed perfect ones if I'm not mistaken.

I think most pika-clones should go but especially plusle and minun for how unimaginative they are. Emboar also needs to go and be replaced by an evo for Pignite that doesn't have a bad case of suck.

Basculin. What's the point?

It doesn't evolve into a major league asskicker like Gyarados. Its moveset is okay. And when you encounter it in the wild, it's powerful enough to do real damage to your team.

Pokemon which they come up with after the game has been released. Like I saw on Bulbapedia just recently, there is a new Pokemon, probably for XY. They will probably let you download it to XY, but why wasn't it there from the beginning?! I hate upgrades and downloads and unfinished games which are so common today. Well, I can understand if they want the Pokemon to come as a surprise, but then they could just hide it better and give us hints later on. As they did with Mew.

I think Arceus was another such Pokemon that was released after the game, so I'll put that on my list. I've never even owned an Arceus and probably never will. It's probably banned from the GTS too, like GF themselves feel unsatisfied with certain Pokemon and wish they never existed.

...but if there's one Pokemon I wish to see gone, it's Pinsir. I absolutely HATE Pinsir, it's design is really ugly and it's hard to look at for me.

I agree entirely. Its Mega evo is a gazillion times worse on the eyes. Glad I traded away my Pinsirite... >_<

Also, I think the series can do without Trubbish or Garbodor. I don't see a reason why they should exist! They're so ugly!

Edit: Forgot to mention: We can do without Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus. Combined, they're my least favorite trio.

Last edited:
Pokemon that should not have been established:

At least Plusule, Minun, and Pachirisu could have gone. I will have a problem with Emolga given the shaft, however, as I'm finding his dual Electric/Flying type quite useful in my current Black walkthrough. If anything, Emolga could do with an evolution and a better movepool. I'm a bit mixed with Dedenne, because I like its cuteness. Prefectly fine with Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu; if anything, Raichu should get an Mega-Evolution.

Also cut down on the legendaries! Especially Gen 4/5 legendaries! They're just going to make my Dex completion difficult.
Those that should go:Arceus, Cresselia, Darkrai, Phione, Regi-steel/ice/rock/gas, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Deoxys, to say the least.

Eeevee and it's 'eevolutions'. No shit why Slyveon is the only Cross Gen pokemon in X/Y.

I agree with you there. To me, all the Eeveelutions are just the exact same Pokemon copy-pasted 8 times, with the only differences being what type they are. Half of them learn only 2 moves of their type through level-up, and the rest have to be taught by TM's. I often feel they should have just stopped at Espeon and Umbreon, because the rest I just find unnecessary in my opinion.

Pokemon which they come up with after the game has been released. Like I saw on Bulbapedia just recently, there is a new Pokemon, probably for XY. They will probably let you download it to XY, but why wasn't it there from the beginning?! I hate upgrades and downloads and unfinished games which are so common today. Well, I can understand if they want the Pokemon to come as a surprise, but then they could just hide it better and give us hints later on. As they did with Mew.

I think Arceus was another such Pokemon that was released after the game, so I'll put that on my list. I've never even owned an Arceus and probably never will. It's probably banned from the GTS too, like GF themselves feel unsatisfied with certain Pokemon and wish they never existed.

That pretty much sums up the reason why I dislike the concept of Event Pokemon, in which you cannot get it in the game normally without either having someone put it in the game for you or hacking the game, and it keeps many people from truly getting all the Pokemon, especially with the GTS bans and the blocking of hacked Pokemon in more recent years, making it more difficult to truly "Catch em all" for many people, especially players who don't have access to Wi-Fi at home.

Actually, when you think about it, Event Pokemon like Mew are possibly what started the concept of DLC in video games, and other companies began to catch on to this trend.

I really hate the idea of downloadable/event only pokèmon.

I don't have the time to make it to any of these events!

WiFi doesn't help either because my game systems are not necessarily compatible with everyone's WiFi.

------------

Back to pokèmon, Pidgeot line.

Honestly, the only thing going for it is its above average speed. Its moveset is okay and Tangled Feet strikes me as useless.

Also, Ponyta/Rapidash with Run Away (Gen V and older). It's so fast that it can flee from pretty much anything.

I know I'm probably going to regret this but...... Charizard. This might just be me raging but I hate Charizard, I hate it's guts. It's a literal fire breathing dragon. I think it's uncreative (well not that much) even though more than half the Pokemon were probably in that category in generation 1. I think it's such as terrible Pokemon to have but that's just me. It never got the dragon type (which i don't really care for) and it's mega evolution just bug me. Why should it be one of the Pokemon to get two megas that isn't a legend, with Mega X being based more off attack, which charizard is more known to have a good Special Attack (Mega Y boosts this however) even lowering this stat. I may also be wrong but doesn't it's Mega X ability only boost physical dragon type moves?
If i have to pick something else I would have to go with..... Muk, Grimer, Diglett, Stunfisk and Dugtrio. Their evolutions are just either bigger versions of themselves, don't have one or just is multiple of itself. they are never used in battles (at least as far as what I have seen) and just feel like filler Pokemon. But like Charizard they have their good outcomes.

There are so, so, so many ridiculously-stupid looking Pokemon I wish didn't exist. Pretty much everything from Gen V. In fact, lemme go through...

Lampent
Chandelure (really? a friggin' chandelier?)
Yamask line (a coffin?)
Ferrothorn
Jellicent
Siglyph
Flaafy
Ampharos
Azumarill
Politoed
Skiploom
Jumpluff
Yanma
Quagsire
Lotad line
Surskit line
Breloom
Nosepass line (eaugh!)
Medicham
Electrike line
Numel line
Hipopotas line
Vibrava
Flygon
Wishcash
Lileep line
Anorith line
Feebas line
Snorunt line
Clamperl line
Shellgon
Salamence
Beldum line
All the Gigases (Gigii?)
Deoxys
Grotle
Torterra
Bidoof line
Kriketot line
Cranidos line
Shieldon line
Burmy line
Combee line
Buizel line
Cherubi line
Shellos lines
Honchcrow
Chingling line
Bronzor line
Spiritomb
Gible line
Carnivine
Finneon line
Mantyke line
Snover line
ALL the godawful special item third evolutions (Electivire, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Magmortar)
Tangrowth
Lickylicky
Togekiss
Yanmega
Mamoswine line
Dusknoir
The Lake Trio
The Sinnoh dragons
Heatran! Good god, Heatran!
Normal Giratina (Origin Forme is okay-ish)
Cresselia (bleck bleck bleck!)
Shaymin
Pignite
Emboar
Samurott
Patrat line
Lillipup line
The Pan monkeys and their evolutions (good. god.)
Pidove line
Blitzel line (jeeze)
Roggenrola line
Woobat line
Excadrill
Timburr line (really, really bad)
Sawk
Throh
Leavanny (my eyes!)
Darmantian
Scraggy line
Carracosta
Archen line
Trubbish line (seriously? seriously?)
Gothita line (...)
Duosion
Reunculus
Ducklett line
Vanillite line (now you're just being silly!)
Sawsbuck
Karrablast line
Foongus line (yikes)
Frillish line
Klink line (srsly?)
Tynamo line
Elgyem line
Fraxure
Haxorus
Beartic
Cryogonal
Shelmet line
Stunfisk (the Bidoof of the sea)
Mienfoo line
Golett line
Pawniard line (really?)
Bouffolant
Rufflet
Vullaby line
Heatmor
Deino line
Larvesta
The Swords of Justice (ugh. just ugh.)
The Forces of Nature (if I could pick just one Pokemon line to excise, it'd be these abominations)
The Tao Trio
Genesect (way to screw up the first-ever legendary Bug, guys)
Diggersby
Floette
Florges

So, so, so many awful, eyebleed-inducing Pokemon. Gen V was a nightmare. And the sucky thing is, all the best, most powerful, competitive Pokemon are among the ugliest. All my favorite Pokemon which I like so much 'cause they look cool are unusably, pathetically weak.

Golett line
Pawniard line (really?)

ಠ_ಠ

Those happen to take spots one and two on my all time faves list, with Sawk being number three. Electivire is also in my top ten. But I happen to like odd and quirky Pokemon, I admit it.

Personally, I'd get rid of Unown, as it stinks in battle and all you really do with them is collect them to get the different forms. And yes, I know this from experience; I actually had an Unown on my team in Silver. Do not ask what I was thinking. >_<

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom