• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

Well, I don't have any theories for what things like the ghost girl and the hinted new regions could be, but I do have a theory for how they might explain it.

Unlike the DS, the 3DS supports downloadable content, correct? I believe that instead of an updated rerelease this gen, they are going to continue the story through DLC, adding new quests with Emma and possibly this new mystery region. The ending text of the Looker sidequest supports this, saying that the adventures of you and Emma are just beginning. Why would they say this if they weren't planning on continuing the story with your X/Y character?
Maybe they'll do a third version and then release the extra content from it as DLC for X and Y.

I really hope that's the case, because (assuming the third version is Zygarde based, and I prefer Xerneas out of the new 3) I don't want to get a new game for the improvements only. Like, Platinum had a bit more of a story to me, and I like the costume a lot more, so when it came time to buy a new game after I lost my copy of Pearl, I went with Platinum. I don't know what they could improve - maybe the ability to turn off the roller blades, not a big fan of those, or the ability to go hatless - but I'd love the ability to just add the improvements onto my copy of X.

You can turn off the roller blades with the D-Pad.

I really want Move Tutors to come back and I hope they add them as DLC to X and Y, because in the past I would think it's unfair on the people who only buy the first pair that everyone else has that major advantage over them.

Well, I don't have any theories for what things like the ghost girl and the hinted new regions could be, but I do have a theory for how they might explain it.

Unlike the DS, the 3DS supports downloadable content, correct? I believe that instead of an updated rerelease this gen, they are going to continue the story through DLC, adding new quests with Emma and possibly this new mystery region. The ending text of the Looker sidequest supports this, saying that the adventures of you and Emma are just beginning. Why would they say this if they weren't planning on continuing the story with your X/Y character?
Maybe they'll do a third version and then release the extra content from it as DLC for X and Y.

I really hope that's the case, because (assuming the third version is Zygarde based, and I prefer Xerneas out of the new 3) I don't want to get a new game for the improvements only. Like, Platinum had a bit more of a story to me, and I like the costume a lot more, so when it came time to buy a new game after I lost my copy of Pearl, I went with Platinum. I don't know what they could improve - maybe the ability to turn off the roller blades, not a big fan of those, or the ability to go hatless - but I'd love the ability to just add the improvements onto my copy of X.

You can turn off the roller blades with the D-Pad.

I really want Move Tutors to come back and I hope they add them as DLC to X and Y, because in the past I would think it's unfair on the people who only buy the first pair that everyone else has that major advantage over them.

I know you can, but I mean take them off all together. I liked walking the way you do with the D-Pad, but with the circle pad, like at the beginning of the game.

Pokemon X and Y Mysteries

Hey everyone. I'm pretty much done playing through Pokemon Y and I stumbled on a few things along the way (and have since researched more online) that I feel are worthy of speculation. It turns out there are several things in the game that don't make any sense or hint at something bigger to come. So I was wondering if anyone has any concrete answers on what any of this means.

Backpacker in the Hotel - Strange Souvenir
There's a backpacker in the hotels (different hotel each day) who talks about another region. If you talk to him enough he reveals that this is a new region and one that we haven't seen before. He then gives you a Strange Souvenir. Is this hinting at a new game, a new region within this game, or something else completely bizarre? Anyone got any ideas on this?

Tipping
Is tipping literally just about shiny encounters, does anyone have any proof or research on this?

Hidden Message at Lumiose City Train Station
in Lumiose City on back of the train timetable that's furthest away from the entrance. There's a secret message written there that reads: "I'm going to go for help. Wait in the usual place." Any ideas what this is about? Theres a kid nearby saying it should be someplace around here, but that's it really. There's also a second set of tracks for no reason.

Locked power plant doors
In the Lumiose Badlands there are two doors for the power plant that are locked and don't even open when you have the key. What do we suppose they are for? Event pokemon?

Ghost Girl in Lumiose
If you go into the building next to the Galette stand in North Lumiose and use the elevator to the second floor a ghost girl appears and says that you're not 'The One'. What? Then on the fourth floor of Hotel Richissime there's a girl staring at the wall who says 'Don't talk to me ... If you do, I won't hear the elevator'

The story in the haunted house
If you go to the haunted house a man tells you a story about 'a horde of faceless men'. This seemed like more than just a throwaway story.

Juane Plaza tourists
These two tourists speak about wild pokemon appearing in the Plaza, even a Heatran. But there's nowhere they'd appear to be and no way to encounter wild pokemon

The Chamber of Emptiness
Right now it's all but empty.. Will it stay like that?

Sycamore's Note on the bench
A note on a bench in the train station appears to be from Sycamore saying 'What are you like now, Did you become who you wanted to be'. Is this just a nice touch in the game or something more?

Lumiose Press
"i'll be away to pursue the Mythical Pokemon First, i'll go deep into the mountains" is what's written by the owner. Where are the mountains, what mythical pokemon? Will we ever know?

From all of the above it seems that X and Y have several unsolved and unresolved things that hint at possible downloadable content, new pokemon, new legendaries and even a completely new region. So with some time passing since the game's release does anyone have any insight on any of the above?

Re: Pokemon X and Y Mysteries

Sigh. Thankyou.

All of this hurts my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of this thread is so confusing... We better hope that Z/W/X2/Y2/whatever we get solves all of these mysteries. And maybe the Strange Souvenir is from a spin-off region? Manaphy debuted in Pokémon Ranger. Maybe we're getting a few new Pokémon in the next spin-off game?

Is that Mewtwo the same Mewtwo from Red and Blue?

Whilst we'll never get an actual answer, their are arguments for both. GF probably just thought, "we'll add Mewtwo into XY!" without thinking of a reason to explain his existence in Kalos.

Whilst we'll never get an actual answer, their are arguments for both.
I wouldn't say that there is an argument in favor of the creation of a second Mewtwo. Something like that should be alluded to, and it certainly wasn't in XY. There is nothing that could explain who would create a second Mewtwo, but it isn't hard to imagine that the original Mewtwo migrated to another region just as several other legendaries have been shown to do.

GF probably just thought, "we'll add Mewtwo into XY!" without thinking of a reason to explain his existence in Kalos.
Agreed. Even the Kalos legendaries are pretty much just there to be caught.

Last edited:
The legendary birds in Sinnoh and Kalos weren't the same ones that Red fought I think.
I'm pretty sure the Kanto legendaries absence in GSC was due to them already being caught by Red but they added them in HGSS just to add content and make Mewtwo available. (The birds can be explained as offspring of Red's birds and Kyogre/Groudon might be explained as the one that Brendan/May didn't catch, but in my opinion the gen 1 and 3 legendaries in HGSS are non canon.)
I'd say it's a different Mewtwo like in the latest movie and maybe we will find out about it later.

This sort of thing always falls down when trading comes into the equation and a player ends up with an entire team of Dialga or whatever. My take on it is that legendary Pokemon are extremely rare and powerful, but not unique or truly possessing the godlike powers some legends suggest they have. There are hundreds of Rayquaza and Giratina and so on out there, the player of each game just gets to see only one.

Mewtwo's a bit tougher in that regard since it was created, but perhaps it somehow spawned others like it between what it did on Cinnabar Island and its retreat to Cerulean Cave. Perhaps that Mew spawned more than one.

Just a thought, has anyone tried bringing Banette and or Shuppet to the chamber of emptiness? Or all three Kanto Birds to the place where they're caught?

W is usually used for the fourth axis so if they announce w and z I guess we will know ;3

W X Y Z O_O
It would make sense!

You do have a point to the next game having to do with Zygarde, I mean they did base Black/White 2 on Kyurem who was just some legendary in a cave, same with Zygarde. Also, Game Freak hasnt made a quadrople that would be available, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina are a triple not including an event Pokemon known as Arceus, so you are possibly right with there no being a W legendary. But to sum things up on this, Game Freak, to common believe, based the new legendaries on Norse Mythlogy. I dont think theres four legendary Pokemon in this version or any version to come.
Before I get replied to anyone on the quadrople thing, Regi's aren't either. The trio was in 3rd gen, regigigas was found in the 4th making him not part of the group in my opinion.

Well all triples have leaders. Regigigas is the leader of the Regis, arceus is the leader of the time space trio, etc.

The second part wasnt for you..... I forgot I posted twice and the second part was for another person.
But not everyone has leaders. The legendary birds don't, the Hoenn legendaries dont. Regigigas was a new Pokemon that was added onto the Regi's in a seperate game and therefore couldn't get it in Hoenn making it secluded. As I said before, Arceus is an event Pokemon and doesnt really count for me. Though I do admit that in its movie it showed leadership on the trio in Sinnoh, but its not the point. The point was, Game Freak hasnt made an quadruple that has each and every one have a point in the main story (without events) at some point.

If I'm correct, wasn't there a Pokémon that pulled the continents together or something like that. I think Regigigas was already planned to be with the Regis, just they may have decided to push him back.

Well, for better or worse, due to the fact the 3DS hasn't been fully hacked yet...as far as I know...this Gen, for the first time since Red and Blue really, we actually don't know everything there is to know. Of course, beyond simply hidden Event Legendaries, there are multiple oddly empty areas, strange and foreshadowing NPC dialogue, and unaccessible areas that many people have come across and speculated on. In this thread we, well, speculate on what possible answers lie behind these mysteries...are they simply GameFreak teasing us? Future Event locations? An in-game secret no one has figured out yet?

Here are some I've learned about:

* The Ghostly Hex Girl: This is the big one most people have come across...near the Hotel Richisme, on the 2F of the building where the Karate "Dance" Dojo, the game freaks out and a ghostly girl appears behind you, whispers "you're not the one", and disappears. It's really creepy and unsettling, but there's always these weird ghost sightings in Pokemon games now I don't know if it actually means anything or if it's just flavor. My theory? Bringing her a certain Pokemon we're unable to trade over at this point grants you a yet-unseen Mega Stone.

* Weird Lumiose Areas: There are a lot of weird back-alleys, including one across from the Ghost Girl's building, that are just empty...there are also some NPCs you run into around these areas that you can battle (I've found only two) who seem a bit off...one of them introduces himself as a Samurai for example...and disappear right after you beat them.

* Ghost House: On Route 14, as part of the story, you're forced to visit a haunted house and hear a ghost story about a man encountering faceless men, and then asked to pay a Tip or suffer. Nothing happens either way, and it's a really weird plot moment that's never explained. Just a stupid joke? Or hinting at something more?

* Heatran and the Plaza: In one of the Plazas located around the Prism Tower in Lumiose, I think the Jeune Plaza, a group of NPC talk about how there are Pokemon in the plaza they can hear...yet no Pokemon can be seen. In addition to that, one picture I saw taken during the post-game of the dialouge has them mention the "Lava Dome" Pokemon (Heatran) as the Pokemon you can hear, oddly enough.

* Mysterious Disappearances: On the back of a train sight in the Lumiose Train Station, the words "I've gone for help", or something along those lines, can be seen. And then in the Lumiose Press, the head editor has a note on her desk saying she's gone in search of a Legendary Pokemon in the mountains...she is said to be missing, and isn't encountered when looking for Zygarde, leading to the theory that: A) she was killed by it or B) it's a different Legendary we've yet to get an Event for

* Lumiose Power Plants: There are multiple entrances to the Power Plant, and multiple buildings you can see in the background, that are inaccessible as the entrances are all closed bar the one you're required to go into during the plot. In the Lumiose Art Museum, the Power Plants are mentioned to focus on different types of energy, as well as described in poetic terms as being representative of so-and-so philosophy. Some people speculate there may be Event Legendaries hiding within them possibly.

* Tipping: What does it do? Masuda and co. mentioned they made Shinies easier to fine I recall seeing in an interview, leading some to think it influences the RNG for encountering Shinies, or simply just increases your "luck" overall. Maybe it's related to your Stylishness in Lumiose? Maybe it's just GameFreak fucking with us. Who knows?

* Fuupa, Diansii, Borukenion: Trademarked names that were found a few months ago alongside names of the Starter Evolutions and other Pokemon, they are yet to be matched up to any of the currently revealed Pokemon. Non-Pokemon names mistaken as such? Placeholder and/or early names? Or future Event Pokemon?

These are the ones I recall off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are more you guys have run into and heard about.

• Ghost Girl: The true purpose of that one as of yet still remains unconfirmed, but it's speculated she's connected to both the weird message in Lumiose Station and Sycamore's scribbles in Couriway Town's station.
  • Lumiose Alleys: I never even knew these alleys existed until the Emma/Looker/Xerosic post-game plot, which is the only time they're used lol
  • Ghost House: No one has any idea if the army of faceless zombies was foreshadowing of some Pokémon's terrifying abilities or if it was just some random campfire story.
  • Heatran: That one's also unconfirmed. It's unsettling to think that a monster made out of molten magma and partially molten steel lives in the sewers of Paris... I mean, a legendary Pokémon is trapped under the canals of Lumiose.
  • Lumiose Press Editor: That's also unconfirmed. I would imagine she's tied to Hoopa. It seems like all of those hoops and it's Ghost/Psychic powers might make it a teleporter, and it's Indian theme definitely suggests a cave or mountain habitat. So we'll have to wait. I doubt they'd throw away a potential rescue mission.
  • The Power Plants: One feeds off of Crystal Energy, the other off of Thermal Energy from steam, and the third and fourth by wind power and Thermal Energy from magma. Everyone assumed those were tied to the event legendaries, but since hackers have confirmed that you get Diancie like we did Torchic, then the Crystal power plant is useless. Unless she can unlock it to get a signature crystal item or something.
  • Tipping: Not sure, but I think it was confirmed to be related to increasing odds for Shinies.
  • Hoopa, Diancie & Volcanion: Diancie was officially revealed by Pokémon on Valentine's Day. Safe to assume the other two are 100% legitimate as well, and hope to see Youtube videos of them from hackers fairly soon.

I know there's a thread about it already, but I can't help but bring the Strange Souvenir up. It's said to be of a legendary that's a protector from a region far from Kalos, yet the backpacker says it's not from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova either, not to mention it doesn't resemble any Pokemon we know, legendary or not. This region is supposibly the backpackers home-land, and he says that there is this town we wouldn't believe, and that "we will see it soon enough", and while many early speculators believed it was Hoenn and he was hinting at R/S remakes, I think he was talking about something else entirely...

On the topic of other regions, there is an NPC in one of the hotels that says something that has really interested me: "I heard there is a Waterfall that flows backward somewhere in the world! I really want to see that!" It's possible this waterfall is in the same region as the backpacker, or somewhere else entirely, or it could just be another red herring from Game Freak, anything is possible at this point...

Now, going into things that are actually in Kalos, there's one place that has just fascinated me, being the Anistar Sundial. Few NPC's talk about it at all, the Kalos map saying that it may have came from space, while an NPC in the Anistar Pokemon Center saying it was made up of tecnhnology they couldn't understand, and created possibly by a legendary Pokemon, not to mention it just looks out of place with the rest of the game. We know virtually little about it other than it allows the Mega Ring to detect the Mega Stones post-game, not to mention that it's implied that Mega Evolution only happens in Kalos (until a later generation contradicts that of course, but that's another topic), so it's definitely possible that the Megas are linked to the sundial, with Mega Evolution only happening around a certain range of it, so there's definitely something about it that's important, and I also get the feeling there is an event legendary linked to it as well, like the resident Mew-esque pixie legend of Kalos living inside of it, but that's probably just me who thinks this.

• Strange Souvenier/Alternate Region: You're not alone in thinking that. Many of us think that there's a region to the East of Kalos, just beyond Zygarde's Terminus Cave. And that the third version would explore that, with 70 NEW Pokémon and 30 more Mega Evolutions. That's a huge rumor everybody's grasping tightly. That half of the Pokémon for this Generation are in Kalos, with the other half in this new region.
  • Backwards Waterfall: The obvious solution that springs to mind is the Distortion World, but only Cyrus, Cynthia and Lucas/Dawn have ever been there. So I have no idea how a random Socialite would know about it, unless one of those three spread the word. Or that it's a landmark in this new Eastern region.
  • Anistar Sundial: A lot of people believe that it's tied to Carbink and Diancie. It'll most likely end up being some random weapon created to combat AZ's weapon during the war, since there were two kings (Parfum and Shabboneau's owners), and the fact that they're on opposite coasts of Kalos and in a straight line, plus both are connected to the Mega Stones (Geosenge created them, Anistar powers the ring up). There's a lot of connections between those two landmarks, and I hope they're explored.

There's really A LOT of unsolved mysteries for Kalos - to simply put it, it's really quite different than all other regions. It's too fishy that there were loads of important segments in the story without actually having some point to it. I think that's where DLC will come through, and would be focal for Kalos 2.0.

I love that this is really the first un-hackable region we've gotten since Kanto. Well, before everyone got into those games and hacked them lol

I'm also wondering about the Chamber of Emptiness. Sure, it was used to hold a Mega Stone and a Plate but that surely can't be the only use for it, can it? I know that Scorched Slab in Ruby and Sapphire was a tiny area to hold one item but this seems to be different to me... Event Legendary location maybe?

As for the editor of the Lumiose Press, maybe we'll see them in some sort of DLC or maybe there'll be a continuation of X and Y, rather like Black 2 and White 2, and they're just building up to that.

And the strange region that hiker talks about... Possible new Gen VI games? New region, same Pokémon? Who knows, it will be a first... But seeing the lack of Legendaries in X and Y, there may be more in this new possible game, or access to more from previous generations. Maybe we go past the right side of the map in one game? Maybe they're building up to some sort of trilogy? X and Y, then the next games you go to the right of the region and find the Lumiose Press person, and in the third game you have to go to this new region (or start there). Wishful thinking I know, but possible, right?

• Chamber Of Emptiness/Lumiose Press Editor: I'd think this also connects to Hoopa. My best guess is that the Chamber of Emptiness is a sort of portal to Hoopa's home in the mountains Northeast of Terminus Cave and Frost Cavern, and that once you go there after an event's been started, you find the Editor and bring her home after the event is over.
  • Strange New Region: I don't think it's wishful thinking. As I mentioned above, it's a theory everyone's clinging to. A new region and a new crop of Pokémon for the second half of the generation. Considering B2/W2 came out in 2012 and X/Y came out in 2013, we know they can make 72 Pokémon, 30 Mega Evolutions, and like 40 Formes in a year. IF the third version pattern of Generations 3 and 4 come back, we could get Pokémon Z in 2015, enough time for them to make another crop of Pokémon for Generation 6 and Kalos' (hopefully) neighboring region.

One thing that gets to me: the Mewtwo mega-stones. If Mewtwo wasn't natural, how could there be Mewtwo megastones, unless science made the stones too.

My theory: They aren't really Mewtwo stones.... they are Mew stones, and we'll see some type of event-exclusive Mega-Mew in the future.

My theory is that they were regular stones. Mega stones, but not really compatible with any existing Pokémon. Since Mew has every Pokémon's DNA within it and Mewtwo is basically a rearranging of those genes, the rearrangement that resulted in Mewtwo also resulted in those two stones being compatible with this new creature. But that's just me.

Am I the only person that thought the girl drinking from the vase to be odd? Like the ghost girl was a nice way to have another ghost and showoff the new graphics, but the girl drinking from a vase with her family wondering where she was just urked me. Also, how about that boy in Lumoise City looking into the canal/sewer system? He said something about fishing in it, but you can't. maybe it'll be accessible later? Maybe I'm just noticing random stuff though.

Hopefully they are never solved so we are left wondering forever. That was always the best thing about pokemon games.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom