• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Black2 and White 2 had movie filming at Pokewood, Musicals, Battle Subway, Battle Institute, Pokemon World Tournament, Lost Item Sidequest, Seasonal battles with N and Shadow Triad, getting Lati@s, getting Lake Trio, Underwater Ruins Exploration, Join Avenue, Funfest Missions, Hidden Grottos, Black Tower/White Hollow, The Regis, Reverse Mountain, battles in Big Stadium and Little Court, battles with Colress, battles with the Striaton Trio, Cynthia, N's Pokemons... there's a heck of a lot of things to do in the post game of B2W2 that you can take a break from all that EV training and online battles once in a while and do something else if you wanted. Plus you could set the game in Challenge Mode in post game for better AI and more money.

XY has... what, Mewtwo, Zygarde, Roaming birds, Battle Maison, Battle Chateau... end?

Black2 and White 2 had movie filming at Pokewood, Musicals, Battle Subway, Battle Institute, Pokemon World Tournament, Lost Item Sidequest, Seasonal battles with N and Shadow Triad, getting Lati@s, getting Lake Trio, Underwater Ruins Exploration, Join Avenue, Funfest Missions, Hidden Grottos, Black Tower/White Hollow, The Regis, Reverse Mountain, battles in Big Stadium and Little Court, battles with Colress, battles with the Striaton Trio, Cynthia, N's Pokemons... there's a heck of a lot of things to do in the post game of B2W2 that you can take a break from all that EV training and online battles once in a while and do something else if you wanted. Plus you could set the game in Challenge Mode in post game for better AI and more money.

XY has... what, Mewtwo, Zygarde, Roaming birds, Battle Maison, Battle Chateau... end?
Looker sidequest, also has Battle Institute and Friend Safari. And don't compare the post-game of a dual version to a third version/sequel post-game, post-game of the third version/sequels is supossed to be better than the dual version to give people a reason to buy it. You should compared X and Y with BW and BW postgame was worse than X and Y with just Battle Subway (Battle Maison is alot better), Kyurem, Kami trio, arresting the Team Plasma Sages with Looker, Battle Institute, Cynthia....end?

Looker sidequest, also has Battle Institute and Friend Safari. And don't compare the post-game of a dual version to a third version/sequel post-game, post-game of the third version/sequels is supossed to be better than the dual version to give people a reason to buy it. You should compared X and Y with BW and BW postgame was worse than X and Y with just Battle Subway (Battle Maison is alot better), Kyurem, Kami trio, arresting the Team Plasma Sages with Looker, Battle Institute, Cynthia....end?

BW1 also had, you know, actual post game areas. East Unova, the Dreamyard, the maze section of Relic Castle. XY just has Kiloude City and two rooms for Mewtwo and Zygarde.

BW1 also had, you know, actual post game areas. East Unova, the Dreamyard, the maze section of Relic Castle. XY just has Kiloude City and two rooms for Mewtwo and Zygarde.

There was also the Royal Unova and Black Tower existed in BW as well - which is way better in any way than Battle Maison. Musicals existed in BW, too, as well as Big Stadium and Little Court. Remember there being Anvil Town for trading goods? That's pretty awesome in a sense. Also, Cheren fights you daily

Except that I find BW's EV-training really complex and time-consuming (and also unforgiving), and that I can't even guarantee to get a single win in the Subway, so I might as well forget about both the Battle Subway and the Battle Institute in Nimbasa City. I got all 20 consecutives rounds in both Maison Singles and Tag, 15-19 in Doubles, so at least I have a chance of winning. As such, it'll be XY's Battle Institute and Battle Maison for me. In other words: post-game features doesn't mean anything for me if I can't access it.

And because I was a latecomer to BW, I missed out on the socialization aspect of Black Tower, the Dream World. Speaking of Black Tower, did anyone ever managed to clear the game in a week? I just could not do that... And for the Anville Town trading, didn't really see the need for it, so skipped it too. For Eastern Unova, though, I agree that was something over Kalos.

Last edited:
BW simply had Black City, not Black Tower. You've got to be kidding me if you think being forced to battle those 10 trainers each day so that your city wouldn't dry up was better than Battle Maison. Eastern Unova had next to nothing in it that made it worth visiting. I mean yes, let's give extra points for making post-game areas that literally do nothing, and let's ignore how we wind up learning more about the darker sides of Lumiose City with the much more expansive Looker side quest.

Anville Town, Big Stadium and Little Court were not post-game areas.

BW simply had Black City, not Black Tower. You've got to be kidding me if you think being forced to battle those 10 trainers each day so that your city wouldn't dry up was better than Battle Maison. Eastern Unova had next to nothing in it that made it worth visiting. I mean yes, let's give extra points for making post-game areas that literally do nothing, and let's ignore how we wind up learning more about the darker sides of Lumiose City with the much more expansive Looker side quest.

Pretty much this, adding post-game areas that barely do anything or adding no post-game areas at all is pretty much the same thing. Also i think Yato confused Battle Maison with Battle Chateau and comparing the Battle Subway to the Battle Maison there's no contest, Battle Maison is much better just for the fact you gain BP each battle instead each 7-win streak.

Pretty much this, adding post-game areas that barely do anything or adding no post-game areas at all is pretty much the same thing. Also i think Yato confused Battle Maison with Battle Chateau and comparing the Battle Subway to the Battle Maison there's no contest, Battle Maison is much better just for the fact you gain BP each battle instead each 7-win streak.

Okay, I got confused. I thought Black Tower existed in Black version.

But Black Tower in Black2 is still better than Battle Maison and the Battle Subway for simply battling and not caring about BP. I never met any hax pokemon there, and it's fun searching the floors for gate trainers.

Okay, I got confused. I thought Black Tower existed in Black version.

But Black Tower in Black2 is still better than Battle Maison and the Battle Subway for simply battling and not caring about BP. I never met any hax pokemon there, and it's fun searching the floors for gate trainers.

Yeah, and Black 2 was the second game in the series that was played in the same region. Of course they'd have to make more facilities to make revisiting these places worth it. But compared to BW? XY had the same amount of post-game content, with better quality.

The Battle Maison is vastly superior to the Battle Subway (which is its comparable battle facility) due to how BP and battles are structured. You're no longer forced into a 7-battle set.

The Looker Side-quest was vastly superior in XY than in BW, since it actually expanded on the characters they introduced.

If we include changes to Little Court and Big Stadium, the Battle Chateau is still superior to it in terms of farming money and experience.

And sure, BW had extra locations. It had Black City and White Forest, which were next to useless unless you tortured yourself by battling there every day. The facility could work now, since XY has a nice Street Pass feature, while BW did not, but that's besides the point. Undella Town was basically a port for you to go diving and find treasure for money and Arceus plates and battle Cynthia. You don't really need a new location for any of this, it just artificially makes your game seem bigger. Lacunosa was useless in BW as well, and was there to provide exposition on Kyurem. None of these extra locations actually do anything that makes them praise-worthy over XY's lack of extra areas.

I've now discovered the music for this game is awful. Route music is repetitive and reused a bit too often, and major battle themes just sound too low-beat. Take the gym leader's theme, for example. (Look it up if you don't remember it.) It sounds like the beginning to a theme, not a theme itself, as does the Elite Four music (even though the beginning to that is excellent). Diantha's theme sounds like a freaking Christmas Carol (no offense to carolers), and Lysandre's theme is just awful. (I hope this doesn't offend anyone, as I know a LOT of people who like Lysandre's theme)

I've now discovered the music for this game is awful. Route music is repetitive and reused a bit too often, and major battle themes just sound too low-beat. Take the gym leader's theme, for example. (Look it up if you don't remember it.) It sounds like the beginning to a theme, not a theme itself, as does the Elite Four music (even though the beginning to that is excellent). Diantha's theme sounds like a freaking Christmas Carol (no offense to carolers), and Lysandre's theme is just awful. (I hope this doesn't offend anyone, as I know a LOT of people who like Lysandre's theme)
Hey it's your opinion and nobody should be offended by it. Overall i enjoyed X and Y soundtrack more than BW but it's nowhere as good as Gen 3 and 4 soundtrack, specially Gen 3 soundtrack, Gen 3 soundtrack is my favourite of all.

And sure, BW had extra locations. It had Black City and White Forest, which were next to useless unless you tortured yourself by battling there every day.

Actually, it was worse if you had White because you didn't battle anyone after the first time you go there (assuming that is when you battle the two trainers). All you did in White was go to the area and talk to people everyday.

And sure, BW had extra locations. It had Black City and White Forest, which were next to useless unless you tortured yourself by battling there every day.

Actually, it was worse if you had White because you didn't battle anyone after the first time you go there (assuming that is when you battle the two trainers). All you did in White was go to the area and talk to people everyday.
Black City/White Forest has always worried me because if you don't talk to everybody enough and people start leaving, you can easily wind up with zero 'population' (non-permanent NPCs) and then where do you get more?

@The Outrage;
I guess that makes sense :/ Though still, considering XY is supposedly an improvement from Generation 5, that doesn't excuse it from not getting compared with Black2 White2. It's a whole generation difference - and XY could have done better than even B2W2. But XY are relatively weaker in a way.

Black City/White Forest has always worried me because if you don't talk to everybody enough and people start leaving, you can easily wind up with zero 'population' (non-permanent NPCs) and then where do you get more?

Entralink with someone with the other version.

@The Outrage;
I guess that makes sense :/ Though still, considering XY is supposedly an improvement from Generation 5, that doesn't excuse it from not getting compared with Black2 White2. It's a whole generation difference - and XY could have done better than even B2W2. But XY are relatively weaker in a way.
Except when you look at everything XY has improved in, in terms of wireless capabilities, graphics, and the breeding system. It may not have had these random attractions, but its still far superior to BW2. XY was developed for a completely new system, while BW (and BW2) were developed for a system that already had 5 Pokemon games released for it. If we're talking improvements from previous installations, BW/BW2 probably had the least. I've always felt that how BW handled the DS's capabilities were how DP should have handled it, while XY handled the 3DS's features much better on their first go.

Do they just spontaneously show up when you visit the other version?

Do they just spontaneously show up when you visit the other version?

You have to go to the other version's area and talk to their characters. They should appear in you game after that.

Whether or not you liked the post game features is fairly subjective. It's also beside the point, which is that BW1 offered more post game content than XY. And in terms of adding extra content, the Looker Bureau doesn't really do much, it's just a short, half hour story arc that adds very little gameplay wise. Now compare that to having an entirely new set of areas to explore, catch Pokemon, and battle trainers? You'll be spending a lot more time doing all of that than you would with the smattering of extras XY gives you.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom