• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Sevii Islands in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

SeanWheeler

Reaction score
So we're getting remakes of Generation III. HeartGold and SoulSilver had stuff from Crystal. What if Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire had elements from FireRed and LeafGreen? Kanto probably wouldn't make an appearance, but maybe the Sevii Islands can return! After getting your first Silver Symbol at the Battle Frontier, Scott asks you to go to One Island to help his friend Celio with an errand. He gives you a Rainbow Pass and you go to One Island. Once there, Celio asks you to find him the X and Y Hieroglyphs (which look like the logos for Pokémon X and Y) to connect the Network Machine to the distant Kalos region. Scott reminds you that since you're away from Hoenn, you won't access your storage system, but Celio corrects him, stating Red got the Ruby and Sapphire on the Network Machine a month ago, so you can easily use your storage system. Celio thinks the Game Corner owner on Two Island might have the X.

When you talk to a little girl, she asks "Where are you from? Littleroot Town? I don't know it! A month ago, a boy with a red hat told me he's from Pallet Town and I had to look it up to find that it was from Kanto. Littleroot Town is nowhere in Kanto."

When you go outside, you find a Team Rocket Grunt terrorizing civilians. You battle the Grunt and he leaves. Celio, who witnessed what happened tells you that Team Rocket is an evil organization from Kanto who is much worse than Team Aqua/Magma. They supposedly disbanded a month ago, but some members just wouldn't give up. He gives you a task of stopping them.

You go to Two Island to ask the Game Corner owner for the X Hieroglyph, but he couldn't because his daughter Lostelle was kidnapped again. He thinks Team Rocket had something to do with it. He states that he heard that they are terrorizing Three Island. You go to Three Island and see a bunch of Rocket Grunts holding civilians. After defeating the Grunts, they tell you that they had nothing to do with the kidnapping. There was a Hypno who kidnapped a girl and took her into Berry Forest. The Grunt trusts you to catch that Hypno and bring it into the Rocket Warehouse on Five Island. He gives you one of the two passwords. You go into Berry Forest and catch Hypno. You'll have to catch him. If you defeat him, he uses Recover and continues to harass Lostelle. Catch him in a Poké Ball to catch him for good. You'd need to do that for the National Pokédex because neither Drowzee nor Hypno can be found anywhere in Hoenn. Therefore, the only way to get a Drowzee is to breed this Hypno with a Ditto (as this Hypno is programmed to always be male). Lostelle thanks you and follows you back to Two Island. Her father welcomes her back and gives you the X. You go back to One Island and give the X to Celio. Now there's only the Y left. Celio hears a report that Team Rocket is at Icefall Cave. You head to Four Island.

When you talk to the Day-Care, they won't accept trainers who use their competition (the Day-Care at Route 117). So it's off limits to Hoenn Trainers. You go into Icefall Cave and help Lorelei of the Kanto Elite Four defeat the Rocket Grunts in a tag battle. They abandon their mission to catch the legendary Articuno, which was sighted here and say Moltres on Mt. Ember is worth more. When you go to the bottom of the Icefall Cave, you can catch Articuno. You then go back to One Island to Mt. Ember to stop Team Rocket from catching Moltres so that you can catch it yourself. They then move on to the last bird Zapdos, who is taking refuge in New Mauville. In the Hoenn region! Your turf! You go to Slateport to find Team Rocket announcing the formation of the Hoenn branch. You defeat the new Hoenn Team Rocket, but they were here for a mission and they head for New Mauville. You go through the original maze until you find a Rocket Grunt at the end opening a secret passageway. When you go into the secret basement, you will see the Grunt's Magneton evolve into Magnezone. He notices how the electromagnetic radiation of the big magnet in the room evolves magnet Pokémon. He then battles you with his newly evolved Magnezone and you defeat him. He then runs off into Zapdos, who is resting next to the magnet. You catch Zapdos before he could. With all three birds caught, his mission is a failure. He then disbands the Hoenn branch and heads back to the Rocket Warehouse and gives you the second password. You follow him to the Warehouse on Five Island and defeat the Rockets in there. As Team Rocket fails again, the Grunt redisbands Team Rocket and gives you the Y. You take the Y back to Celio and he connects the Network Machine to Kalos, letting the game be compatible with Pokémon X and Y. He then gives you a choice of Snivy, Tepig or Oshawott. After you choose, he states they're from the distant Unova region, which he realizes that the Network Machine isn't connected to. He gives you another errand of getting the Yin-Yang Stone. He believes the stone is in Dotted Hole near where the Sapphire originally was. You go to Six Island to Dotted Hole and keep reading Braille until you find the hole path that reaches the bottom. You pick up the Yin-Yang Stone and take it to Celio. He connects the Network Machine to Unova, allowing you to transfer Pokémon from Generation V into your game (and by extension, chain-transfer from the original Ruby and Sapphire).

He then suggests you go to the Trainer Tower. You go to Seven Island and battle trainers in the tower, until you encounter the Kanto hero Red. You defeat him and he flies back to Pallet Town (which you can't follow since Pallet Town isn't in the game). You continue your other missions of the National Pokédex and the Battle Frontier.

The Pokémon found in the Sevii Islands are from all six generations. Cryogonal can be found in Icefall Cave. Durant and Heatmor are version exclusives that appear in Mt Ember (Durant in AlphaSapphire and Heatmor in OmegaRuby). Most of the Kanto and Johto Pokémon are in the same locations as in FireRed and LeafGreen, with the Omega Ruby availability based on FireRed and Alpha Sapphire based on LeafGreen. However, there is only one Hypno in Berry Forest and no Drowzee. Litleo would be Magmar's Omega Ruby counterpart. Shinx would be Electabuzz's AlphaSapphire in the new basement of New Mauville. There are going to be roaming legendaries! Yep, Suicune, Entei or Raikou will roam the islands. But it depends on your starter. If you pick Torchic, you can catch Suicune. Mudkip faces Raikou. Treecko lovers chase Entei. They start appearing after you defeat Red. After you connect to Unova, The legendaries Tornadus, Thundarus and Landorus will roam Hoenn. After obtaining your Sinnoh starter, one of the lake guardians will fly around the entire game map, Hoenn and Sevii. The guardian will depend on the Sinnoh Pokémon you pick. If you pick Piplup, Mesprit flies around. Turtwig summons Uxie. And Chimchar lets you chase Azelf. Regigas is found in a new room in the Monean Chamber of the Tanoby Ruins and would only wake up when you bring Regirock, Regice and Registeel. Heatran is found in Mount Ember where the Ruby used to be. Any Pokémon missing from the Sevii Islands, Emerald, and XY will be in the Safari Zone. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, will appear in the Sevii Altering Cave (the Altering Cave from Emerald will be absent). Which one appears based on what you have. If you found the Diamond, Dialga will appear. Pearl=Palkia, Dialga + Palkia = Giratina, Light Stone= Reshiram, Dark Stone= Zekrom, Reshiram + Zekrom = Kyurem

There will be event items that unlock event islands. Old Sea Map would unlock Faraway Island, where you catch Mew. Mystic Ticket unlocks Naval Rock, where you catch Ho-Oh and Lugia. Forest Ticket will unlock Forest Island, where you catch Celebi and Shaymin. Wish Ticket takes you to Star Island, where you catch Jirachi. Aurora Ticket unlocks Birth Island, where you catch Deoxys. Lunar Wing takes you to Fullmoon Island to catch Cresselia. Member Card takes you to Newmoon Island to catch Darkrai. Water Ticket takes you to Sea Island, where you catch Manaphy to breed Phione from. Genesis Pass to Genesis Island of Arceus. Victory Pass to Victory Island of Victini. Musketeer Pass to Musketeer Island, where you catch the legendary Musketeer quartet. Dance Pass to Music Island of Meloetta. Cyber Pass to Cyborg Island of Genesect.

So, what do you think of my idea? Would you want Team Rocket in Hoenn? How likely do you think this is?

Last edited:
This is a pretty cool idea that would be good for a post-E4 plot, but I disagree with some parts....
Team Rocket is an evil organization from Kanto who is much worse than Team Aqua/Magma.
IMO, Magma and Aqua are MUCH worse...

Articuno... Zapdos... Moltres
Although it makes sense that the birds would appear cuz they're from Kanto, I REALLY do NOT want to see them again for a few generations. Maybe they could use another trio?

So, what do you think of my idea? Would you want Team Rocket in Hoenn? How likely do you think this is?
The idea is cool.
I don't necessarily care which team it is that comes Hoenn, but team rocket makes sense cuz of the timeline.
Although it's a good idea, it is extremely unlikely. I mean, we might get the Sevii Islands, but not exactly as you described.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think bringing back the Sevii Islands would be a cool idea, since there's already a connection between Hoenn and Kanto via the event islands. This would also be a cool way to bring in some post-game content to the games, and also flesh out the Sevii Islands a bit more in ORAS. This would also give us access to the Tanoby Chambers, which means we would be able to capture Unown again for the first time since HGSS. And of course other Pokémon could be accessible there.

I don't think, however, that part of the islands should be accessible during the main story, like what they did for FRLG. Keep that a surprise!

He connects the Network Machine to Unova, allowing you to transfer Pokémon from Generation V into your game (and by extension, chain-transfer from the original Ruby and Sapphire).

Why would we need an explanation to connect with the Gen V games if you can simply use Pokémon Bank? IIRC nothing of that sort was needed for XY.

Would you want Team Rocket in Hoenn?

Oh please, no. They could just as easily put Magma/Aqua people there and continue their plan for more sea/land. And it's not like ORAS and FRLG need to take place at the exact same time, so anything Rocket-related (like their one warehouse there) couldn't simply not be there or still under construction.

This is a pretty cool idea that would be good for a post-E4 plot, but I disagree with some parts....

Well, it depends on opinion. Magma and Aqua want their favorite Pokémon to live in a safer environment, while Rocket is practically a mafia that steals and tortures Pokémon for money.
Articuno... Zapdos... Moltres
Although it makes sense that the birds would appear cuz they're from Kanto, I REALLY do NOT want to see them again for a few generations. Maybe they could use another trio?
At first, I wasn't going to add them as they were already obtainable in XY. But Moltres was in Mt. Ember, so I decided to add them. I put Zapdos in a new area in New Mauville because it is the most fitting and I thought there has to be somewhere to put the magnetic evolutions.
The idea is cool.
I don't necessarily care which team it is that comes Hoenn, but team rocket makes sense cuz of the timeline.
Although it's a good idea, it is extremely unlikely. I mean, we might get the Sevii Islands, but not exactly as you described.
Right, nothing is exactly as we speculate. And if this happens, Team Rocket would be in every remake. And maybe the Sevii Islands can be a great post-National area. It expands from what was in Emerald. Emerald has a Desert Underpass, a Battle Frontier and a new part of the Safari Zone. Now we're giving it the Sevii Islands to help accomodate the expanded National Dex.

I don't think they'd do this idea. It would detract from Hoenn's identity if you include the Sevii Islands, plus it's just a total cop out. I'd rather see an original post game area.

I'd tell you what else is wrong with this idea, but I'm too lazy and it would be a humungous post. There's very little of this that I can see happening.

I've always seen the Sevii Islands linked very much to Kanto, so I don't see them being added here. If they should have been in any remake, it should have been HG/SS. It's a real shame they weren't added in there.

Anyway, I'd rather see them repeat what they did in FR/LG and create a new area linked to Hoenn, or flesh out existing parts of Hoenn better.

I've always seen the Sevii Islands linked very much to Kanto, so I don't see them being added here. If they should have been in any remake, it should have been HG/SS. It's a real shame they weren't added in there.
But they weren't added to HGSS, so they aren't really all that connected to Kanto. Some of them are even quite far from it.

I don't see how adding the Sevii Islands would detract from Hoenn at all. I'd rather see them again than another island chain, which would feel like a redux. What I disagree with is that that the plot should be so close to what happened in FRLG. Even after just a few months since Red/Leaf's visit, Team Rocket should be gone from the islands (making their way to Johto) and even Moltres may have migrated. They shouldn't bother with explaining compatibility with the recent games, because a time travel explanation would just be forced and chances are that trading will be possible from the get-go as it was in HGSS.

What I'd like to see is a connection between the Ruby and Sapphire items to Groudon and Kyogre's Mega Evolutions. We know that the orbs are used to awaken them and were originally created to keep their powers at bay, so it would be forced if they ended up being used to trigger their Mega Evolutions. But the Ruby and Sapphire items were probably not forged in ancient times to facilitate a modern machine, so what is their real use? Even with Team Rocket and the Network Machine no longer being the focus, Red and/or Leaf could still be around the islands exploring the newly discovered Mega Evolutions. Basically, the plot would be set right after the end of Origins where Red unlocked Mega Evolution.

I don't see how adding the Sevii Islands would detract from Hoenn at all. I'd rather see them again than another island chain, which would feel like a redux.

And remaking the Sevii Islands wouldn't be? At least a new island chain would be more original.

And remaking the Sevii Islands wouldn't be? At least a new island chain would be more original.
It would flesh out existing locations rather than adding new ones which could end up feeling barebones. There is only so much to be done with islands.

But the main problem I have with the Hoenn islands suggestion is that we can tell from the original map (which I doubt will be heavily retconned) that they aren't very large.

Makes more sense to me to expound on Hoenn's unused islands if you're gonna go that route, but I'd rather have a new landmass (or an expanded Battle Frontier) of a decent size for post-game.

a new landmass (or an expanded Battle Frontier) of a decent size for post-game.
A new landmass means another region. It's unlikely that they would go that far for remakes.

The Battle Frontier is unlikely to get expanded, either. Game Freak don't have a habit of retconning a map.

It would flesh out existing locations rather than adding new ones which could end up feeling barebones. There is only so much to be done with islands.

... You do realize that the Sevii Islands are islands as well, yes? And there's nothing to flesh out, you can already more or less explore the entirety of the islands. Creating entirely new areas gives them more potential, they can design them pretty much anyway they want.

But the main problem I have with the Hoenn islands suggestion is that we tell from the original map (which I doubt will be heavily retconned) that they aren't very large.

HGSS did retcon the map, actually, they added a river there that didn't exist. At any rate, you could probably fit a city and a route on the two larger ones, and the smaller ones could be exaggerated a bit to fit more than just a town on them. They could also add more islands if they need to.

... You do realize that the Sevii Islands are islands as well, yes? And there's nothing to flesh out, you can already more or less explore the entirety of the islands. Creating entirely new areas gives them more potential, they can design them pretty much anyway they want.
I'm talking about a story expansion. The existing locations are good enough, but we know that there were going to be more islands, so they could add a fourth map if they wanted (there were three maps in FRLG).

HGSS did retcon the map, actually, they added a river there that didn't exist.
It was an aesthetic change to an existing route.

At any rate, you could probably fit a city and a route on the two larger ones, and the smaller ones could be exaggerated a bit to fit more than just a town on them.
In other words, less content than what the Sevii Islands offered.

They could also add more islands if they need to.
To an existing map? I doubt it.

Ugh, flip no. The Sevii Islands have been done, can't we have actual original material for ORAS?

Also, it doesn't make an sense. The Sevii Island are just a little south from Kanto, but they're pretty far away from Hoenn.

Pokemonworld.png

Also, it doesn't make an sense. The Sevii Island are just a little south from Kanto, but they're pretty far away from Hoenn.
Some of them are also pretty far from Kanto, so that argument is weak. They're meant to be accessed via ferries, so the distance is irrelevant. The islands aren't even close to each other, which is why they were divided into three groups.

If worse means less competent. Aqua and Magma were doing what they did in an attempt to help people. They didn't actually think their actions had any negative repercussions (hence less competent) compared to other teams who were supposedly doing things for the "greater good" (e.g., Galactic, Flare) who knew the full consequences of their action (mass destruction of life)

Oh please, no. They could just as easily put Magma/Aqua people there and continue their plan for more sea/land. And it's not like ORAS and FRLG need to take place at the exact same time, so anything Rocket-related (like their one warehouse there) couldn't simply not be there or still under construction.

But everyone in Team Magma and Aqua realized what they were doing was doing more harm than good. They weren't out for mass destruction despite what actually happens. I doubt any remnants would continue trying to expand the land or sea.

Another reason why I'd like to see the Sevii Islands rather than a few Hoenn islands is that Deoxys is associated with the former. Granted, the Birth Island event won't be normally obtainable and could be carried over without the other Sevii Islands, but I think that they should give Deoxys an actual story addressed outside its event. If Deoxys' meteor recently landed on the islands (possibly right after the FRLG story), perhaps that caused a commotion and stroke fear in the residents. And what if Deoxys wasn't the only thing that came with the meteor? It was originally a space virus that underwent a mutation, so it would make sense if the materials of that meteor became Mega Stones due to a similar mutation.

If worse means less competent. Aqua and Magma were doing what they did in an attempt to help people. They didn't actually think their actions had any negative repercussions (hence less competent) compared to other teams who were supposedly doing things for the "greater good" (e.g., Galactic, Flare) who knew the full consequences of their action (mass destruction of life)

I don't recall their intentions precisely, however, I thought they were only doing it to help specific Pokemon? I don't recall them mentioning anything about helping people, however I haven't played the game in so long, my memory probably fails me.

I wouldn't be opposed to the sevii islands making a return, however I would prefer to see a brand new set of islands located in or near Hoenn rather than revisiting a previously available location.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom