• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 6 - BAD END - ENDGAME MAFIA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

Good idea. At this point, it's probably best to get some of the more quiet players in here.

@Squall Leonhart; @Joltik; @Flaze; flaze hasn't really been as quiet but he's one of the ones i've heard less from so far

Any suspicions worth mentioning or reads on any players that are notable? Anything at all right now would be helpful.

Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 3 - Shadows

I don't have much, but I'm still on the fence about Mijzelffan, While he has not been counter claimed and cop is a bold thing to claim. I could be a mafia tactic to get the real cop to come out and not saying who he checked could be seen as old, but I can understated why he would not tell us.
@Mijzelffan; I'm assuming that who you checked came up as town? Since you have not told us that they are mafia.

And no one is jumping out as suspicious to me right now. That's all I got

Can I be completely honest? I have absolutely nor eads right now. Honestly my only possible read was Crackfox who I thought was acting a bit odd along with Mitz like others pointed out but I'm starting to believe Mitz a bit more and we all know what happened with crackfox.

Also I feel bad for mentioning the "Yato is possibly mafia bomb" thing, part of the reason why I didn't vote for her is cause I was afraid my suspicion was going to be right to be honest, even if it was a stupid by the standards of mafia.

@GliscorMan; but what makes you think maybe the real cop doesn't know who to trust, and is afraid to claim? Claiming in-thread is insanely dangerous for a power role, and claiming privately is much better. You have to remember that its only night 2. Reads, especially for less experienced players, are underdeveloped at this point. It's hard to know who to trust, and the cop has the duty of keeping themselves safe for the good of the town. Wouldn't it make sense if the real cop was keeping their mouth shut to protect themselves?

On the contrary! Look at it this way. If two people openly claim cop in the thread, we can safely assume that one of them is Mafia and the other is the real Cop (especially now that the Indep's dead). The Cop and the Mafia know which one is which, but the Mafia can't kill the Cop in that case without sacrificing one of their own, because the Town would just lynch the person who claimed Cop and was proven to be lying.

Claiming in-thread is actually one of the smart things to do as Cop. It's just slightly more risky because we don't know if there's a Strongman or not to stop any Doctor from protecting them.

@GastlyGibus; read the above. Common logic indicates that the majority of your arguments against Mijz are invalid and/or uselessly paranoid, so I still fail to see why you press with them. Although I do commend you for abandoning arguments when called out for them being invalid, I feel that you are simply refusing to accept even the remotest possibility that you could be wrong.

Any suspicions worth mentioning or reads on any players that are notable? Anything at all right now would be helpful.

Frankly, I'm kind of suspicious of everyone thinking Mijzelffan could be fake claiming. While, there is a possibility, it's incredibly slim, and there haven't been any counterclaims as far as I'm aware. While I understand being suspicious of him due to his behavior, there's really no use not to believe him. I don't think doubting his claim is exactly a scum tell, but I don't think it's very town like either.

Anyway I guess now’s the time for reads. None of these are too detailed I admit, but I don't have a lot of time right now so I'm just saying my reads in simple ways.

First of all, I'm getting town reads from Gliscorman; he seems to genuinely want what's best for the town, avoiding unnecessary lynches, and not getting into the whole "Mijzelffan could be fake claiming".

Going off of the first thing I said, I'm a little suspicious of you (momoka), Joltik, and GastlyGibus. As for why, like I said, look to the first part of my post.

Zunorai seems like he's trying too hard to seem town while not adding much. I think he's a new player, so it might not be fair to judge him on that, but it's still worth mentioning. Finalarcadia is also somewhat suspicious to me as well since she defended Farfetch a little too much, and that's odd because 1) Farfetch had to be either indep or mafia, and thus 2) lynching Farfetch wouldn't hurt the town.

Marius strikes me as town, since she has been pretty helpful in general.

harryheart is going with the flow too much-- looking like he's trying to blend in. Honestly I don't know about Lysandre. I’m just neutral on him for now (not sure how to explain why right now). I'm also neutral with Flaze, since while he does appear to be trying to actually help the town, he hasn't really added anything.

Last edited:

I don't have much, but I'm still on the fence about Mijzelffan, While he has not been counter claimed and cop is a bold thing to claim. I could be a mafia tactic to get the real cop to come out and not saying who he checked could be seen as old, but I can understated why he would not tell us.
@Mijzelffan; I'm assuming that who you checked came up as town? Since you have not told us that they are mafia.

And no one is jumping out as suspicious to me right now. That's all I got

Yeah, town. Believe me the moment I check someone who's mafia you'll all know.

@GliscorMan; but what makes you think maybe the real cop doesn't know who to trust, and is afraid to claim? Claiming in-thread is insanely dangerous for a power role, and claiming privately is much better. You have to remember that its only night 2. Reads, especially for less experienced players, are underdeveloped at this point. It's hard to know who to trust, and the cop has the duty of keeping themselves safe for the good of the town. Wouldn't it make sense if the real cop was keeping their mouth shut to protect themselves?

On the contrary! Look at it this way. If two people openly claim cop in the thread, we can safely assume that one of them is Mafia and the other is the real Cop (especially now that the Indep's dead). The Cop and the Mafia know which one is which, but the Mafia can't kill the Cop in that case without sacrificing one of their own, because the Town would just lynch the person who claimed Cop and was proven to be lying.

Claiming in-thread is actually one of the smart things to do as Cop. It's just slightly more risky because we don't know if there's a Strongman or not to stop any Doctor from protecting them.

Ah, I totally didn't think of that. And then the proven cop, provided we lynched the mafia one, would get doc protection and could gather claims!

I withdraw my argument.

So I've been thinking a lot about this. There are a few people that are interesting to me, that really stand out.

1. GastlyGibus. He hasn't responded yet, but he's very set in his ways. Even if there's a good chance they're wrong and even if it'd be a really bad idea to, you know, lynch a Cop claim. I've seen this before, though, and it fits the bill of how he rolls. Just the fact that, should the lynch on Mijz go through, he would be the one taking the fall is enough to give me pause. Despite his logical errors, he strikes me as Town.

2. Lysandre. I don't know what's up with this guy. In games I play with him, he either seems to be the #1 player or just your average lurker. Here, he shows up and comments, but neither does anything important or gets anything rolling. This is unlike him in general, whether he's Town or Mafia. No clue how to read into this.

And last, but oh so very not least...

3. @Momoka;. She stands out for the opposite reasons that Gibus did. Momoka seems to casually doubt the fact that Mijz might be cop, and appears to be trying to put the pressure onto him whenever she can, but not look like she's actually doing it, and is very careful to make it safe for herself should the lynch actually go through. In short, she's subtly trying to push everyone so that it doesn't look like she had anything to do with it. Interesting, no?

Well ok, I lied. Not just interesting, to me it's a blatant scumtell.

Vote: Momoka

Honestly I think @Lysandre; being more inactive than he usually is is moreso that he's either busy or just doesn't have much to go on in this game itself.

And honestly @GliscorMan; it's true that Mitz has made a strong case to support the fact that he's a cop, but Momoka was questioning him prior to the night death when it was still unsure on whether there were chances of him being one or not. I think that there's a good chance he could be the cop but at the same time I'm not completely sure. There's also the fact that he was in contact with Crackfox before she died. How do we know he wasn't just lying to her and then had her targeted to support his claims?

GliscorMan said:
She stands out for the opposite reasons that Gibus did. Momoka seems to casually doubt the fact that Mijz might be cop, and appears to be trying to put the pressure onto him whenever she can, but not look like she's actually doing it, and is very careful to make it safe for herself should the lynch actually go through. In short, she's subtly trying to push everyone so that it doesn't look like she had anything to do with it. Interesting, no?
Except I haven't done that? Here are all the posts I've made after Mijzelffan outed himself as the cop.

Myself said:
You seemed pretty adamant and sure of yourself about the lynch against Yato. Was there some private source that gave you information that caused this or were you suspicious only because of Zima's behavior and the miller claim?

Myself said:
CrackFox; If you claimed to him and he trusts you, did he not end up giving you what the check was? You don't have to say what it was here of course, that's not what I'm looking for. I'm just wondering if he told you who he checked since he trusts you.

Myself said:
There are quite a few inactive players who haven't exactly come in to say much. It'd certainly be helpful if they were to speak up a bit more, so we could make sure none of the inactive players were the actual cop or whatnot. Marius brings up a good point, as well. There's kind of no one who is confirmed at this point, so privately contacting someone and telling them "hey i'm the real cop" would be dangerous. Especially since we're not in the best position right now, we really should be careful as to who we decide to lynch from this point on.

Also, I don't think it was the fact that Mijzelffan was wrong with his suspicion, it was more of his demeanor and the fact that he was actively lurking before the heat went onto him.

Anything after that wasn't even about Mijzelffan, besides me responding back to his accusations of me using 'flimsy excuses'. I'm not even trying to get Mijzelffan lynched, I'm trying to get information. In fact, I even said that we should move on and try to question inactive players. After I answered Mijzelffan, I haven't mentioned it since and in fact, I was barely 'against' him to begin with. I did express doubt towards the beginning, but I never ever said anything that insinuated "he's mafia and we should all lynch him".

I'm not sure how any of what I've said can be seen as 'trying to push a lynch', really. All I've done is ask legitimate questions.

EDIT:

I'm not sure when I'll be able to get online tomorrow, so just in case I don't make it back in time for the phase change and this vote is still on me, I'm gonna...

VOTE: GliscorMan.

I can't think of anyone to place a vote on right now since it's late and I'm pretty tired, so I'm just picking you for no reason(not as an OMGUS). Either way, I really don't like the thought of being lynched with reasoning that doesn't seem to hold water so that's why I'm placing this vote here. I don't have any intention of letting you be lynched because of this vote though(if you decide to take your vote off of me), so I'd advise someone else to place a vote or bring in some new information for voting purposes.

Last edited:

Well, here are my thoughts.

Except you are eliminating the possibility that it might be exactly what the mafia wants to happen. Assuming there is a Strongman, they could purposely have someone fakeclaim cop for two reasons. The first reason would be to stall for time and bring the heat off of one of their members, if only temporarily. We saw that work perfectly, where Mij claimed cop and everybody immediately backed off and voted for Yato (still smacking my head out of frustration for that).

The second reason, and this is the biggest one, is that this could very well be a ploy to draw out the real cop, and remove them from the game. Again, this is assuming they have a strongman. And even if they don't, they still know the identity of the cop, which is still a danger to us, strongman or not. One dead mafioso is a fair tradeoff for removing arguably one of the most beneficial power roles to the town.

Common logic indicates that the majority of your arguments against Mijz are invalid and/or uselessly paranoid, so I still fail to see why you press with them. Although I do commend you for abandoning arguments when called out for them being invalid, I feel that you are simply refusing to accept even the remotest possibility that you could be wrong.

If you are going to claim my arguments are invalid, please show me how. Are they extremely farfetched and unlikely? Yes. Yes they are, but one thing I've learned in this game is that you have to take everything into account, even the most implausible and unlikely of suggestions.

For the time being, I am willing to back off on Mij for now. Until we actually do have a counter-claim, that is. The fact that he's so smugly and confidently waving away all accusations with nothing but "you don't have a counter-claim so hah," added to his extremely anti-town actions so far and the utter refusal to explain themselves and their checks, and you might understand why I am so distrustful of his claim. For the time being, I am willing to admit that we do not have a counter claim. But Mij is not off the hook in my eyes. Not by a long-shot.

Going off of the first thing I said, I'm a little suspicious of you (momoka), Joltik, and GastlyGibus. As for why, like I said, look to the first part of my post.

So being suspicious makes me scummy? Good to know. I guess I should just jump on misguided and ludicrous bandwagons every day so I can avoid looking scummy.

I mentioned this already, but I try to take every possibility into account in situations like these, regardless of plausibility. The claim from Mij is only one of many reasons I have to suspect him, as I already pointed out in earlier posts.

3. Momoka. She stands out for the opposite reasons that Gibus did. Momoka seems to casually doubt the fact that Mijz might be cop, and appears to be trying to put the pressure onto him whenever she can, but not look like she's actually doing it, and is very careful to make it safe for herself should the lynch actually go through. In short, she's subtly trying to push everyone so that it doesn't look like she had anything to do with it. Interesting, no?

Well ok, I lied. Not just interesting, to me it's a blatant scumtell.

Vote: Momoka

I fail to see how being suspicious of Mij is a "blatant scumtell." As Momoka herself just pointed out:

You seemed pretty adamant and sure of yourself about the lynch against Yato. Was there some private source that gave you information that caused this or were you suspicious only because of Zima's behavior and the miller claim?

This is the biggest thing that caused me to suspect Mij. It's not the cop-claim (though I'm still wary of that), it's the fact that Mij seemed absolutely certain that Yato was mafia, using ridiculous logic that consisted of nothing but "well Yato is suspicious and miller sucks anyway lulz." Even when several people pointed out numerous times that lynching miller is still a really bad thing, especially after the mafia's two-for-one combo with the lovers, Mij just casually waved their hand, claimed cop, then even went so far as to say "take all of your votes and put them on Yato" as if Mij was just so utterly convinced that Yato was mafia.

Except, wait, Yato wasn't mafia. Oh, but don't worry guys! "Miller is a useless role anyways," right? Silly me, if only I had known!

At this point... I honestly don't know what to do... which is really bad. My top suspect is Mij, but we've already covered extensively why we shouldn't vote them (for the time being, anyways.)

Question time!

but one thing to note is that you are taking my words out of context @GastlyGibus; @Momoka;

I said I was hesitant, not that I didn't want to do it or thought it was a bad idea. From what I saw of Zima, and the Miller claim, I thought it was easy to go unnoticed as mafia. So, in turn, voted Yato despite my hesitant feelings!

Except you said before:

From what has been said and what I read, Zima did seem suspicious but as FinalArcadia; rightly said, in the Futurama mafia if that had happened with Setra/Flaze it would've been a bad choice. So I'm hesitant to go fro Yato as well solely based on what Zima did, but I do feel suspicions towards that and so will:

Vote: Yato

You said you agreed with FAwhere she said it was a bad idea to lynch someone based on the actions of the previous player, but despite that, despite your hesitant feelings, and despite the information that we had all shared about Zima's activity, you and FinalArcadia both kept your votes on Yato.

I didn't say I thought it was a bad idea, just that I was nervous when thinking about the last game. But I did clearly state that I thought Yato was/is the best choice for now, so I voted her because even with the last game in mind, she still strikes me as the most likely person to come up mafia right now.

I'm still curious as to why Yato was "the best choice for now." We had plenty of discussion and debate as to why Yato wasn't the best choice, but you just ignored those points and voted Yato anyways. Both you and harryheart expressed your doubts and hesitation, but you went through with the votes anyways. I would very much like to know why, @harryheart and @FinalArcadia

Last edited:

vote: momoka

Now that crackfox is dead there's a good chance I'll be roleblocked to hell and back so a no lynch won't really be productive, and after discussing it with someone I checked innocent I think momoka is more suspicious. She has been casually trying to get information out of me in the thread (like who I checked) even though as multiple have stated you would never want a cop to reveal too much information, which is the main thing I wouldn't expect from her if she was town. She doesn't seem too actively against me but she doesn't seem really supportive either, and mafia generally tend to stay more neutral-ish in-thread.

Vote: FinalArcadia

For the reasons I brought up in my last post. I don't have any other better ideas at the moment, and her reasoning for voting Yato just seems off... >_>

EDIT: I don't even know anymore...

Unvote: FinalArcadia

Last edited:

1. @GastlyGibus;
2. @ZunoRai.;
3. @harryheart;
4. @Marius;
8. @FinalArcadia;
9. @Lysandre;
10. @GliscorMan;
11. @Joltik;
12. @Momoka;
13. @Mijzelffan;
15. @Flaze;
16. @Squall Leonhart;

Night 3 - Evolution

It was an amazing sight to see. Everyone in the courtroom started thinking logically, pointing fingers in the right direction, thinking things through. It's as if... It was as if they evolved! Aura would be proud at the increase in intelligence, they solved a case, they pulled through and finally did it!

The accused was very displeased that they would be arrested. They had done everything to cover themselves up... but to no avail, they were done for and they knew it. It was irrefutable evidence, and now they were gone and done for. They wished their allies the best, and left laughing like a maniac

WARNING: THIS ROLE PM CONTAINS GAME SPOILERS. MORE SPOILER TAGS HAVE BEEN MADE TO COVER UP THE CHARACTER, YOU ONLY NEED TO CLICK THE SPOILER ONCE TO SEE THEIR ROLE.
Dear Momoka,

You are:

Aristotle Means
200px-ShinjiIchiro.PNG

The leader of the attorney course at Themis Legal Academy, you are Aristole Means, an extremely twisted and warped attorney fitting of being referred to as the embodiment of the dark age of the law, despite your misleadingly benevolent appearance. When the dark age of the law loomed, you immediately adjusted yourself to fit it, following the train of thought that the end justifies the means no matter what, which, in turn, essentially states that it's perfectly acceptable to forge evidence and whatnot if it will lead to one's client receiving an innocent verdict. This motto clashed directly with Constance Courte's, the leader of the judge course, who believed the very opposite. In any case, you're twisted even when disregarding your less than moralistic “ends justify the means” belief, as you had been accepting bribes in return for raising students' grades as well, essentially confirming just how warped you truly are.

You are both a strongman and a rolecop. Once, on any night, you may choose to strengthen the mafia kill, which will strike through any sort of protection that the kill's target may have, regardless of whether or not the protection is active or passive. This ability does not act as a separate kill. Along with that, you are also a rolecop, meaning that you may investigate a player and learn their ability by PMing the hosts with “Night X: Investigate [Player],” the results of which will be given by the end of the night. However, be warned that you may not investigate and strengthen the mafia kill in the same night.

Best of luck, and have fun!

You are allied with the Unjust. You win when you outnumber those allied with Justice.

Momoka was arrested. They were allied with the Unjust.

It is now Night 3. Phase will end in 24 hours 10PM GMT+1 13/05/2014.

Last edited:

@GastlyGibus; I don't think you understand that, if the Mafia were to counterclaim or otherwise falsely claim Cop, they would be sacrificing that member should they kill the real Cop. That's really the element that you keep missing, and why I keep repeating that your arguments are invalid; they assume that, if the real Cop flips, the person who claimed Cop and lied is not guaranteed to be Mafia.

Anyways, I agree that FinalArcadia has shown some... Dubious characteristics, to say the least. I want to hear more from her.

However, I believe that Momoka has been more scummy and is probably a better lynch target than FinalArcadia, who is basically just a question mark right now. Momoka's vote was entirely an OMGUS. Sure, she said it wasn't, but let's review her reasoning to why she voted me...

VOTE: GliscorMan.

I can't think of anyone to place a vote on right now since it's late and I'm pretty tired, so I'm just picking you for no reason(not as an OMGUS). Either way, I really don't like the thought of being lynched with reasoning that doesn't seem to hold water so that's why I'm placing this vote here. I don't have any intention of letting you be lynched because of this vote though(if you decide to take your vote off of me), so I'd advise someone else to place a vote or bring in some new information for voting purposes.

That's right, there's literally none. She doesn't even pick on someone that hasn't said much of anything. I'm fairly certain that's the effective definition of OMGUS.

Let's look at the facts here.

1. Momoka is critical of Mijz, suggesting that he may not be Cop, but does not actively disbelieve him as GastlyGibus did, instead taking a stance that could be easily covered up and considered neutral, should Mijz actually be the Cop.

Proof:

There are quite a few inactive players who haven't exactly come in to say much. It'd certainly be helpful if they were to speak up a bit more, so we could make sure none of the inactive players were the actual cop or whatnot. Marius brings up a good point, as well. There's kind of no one who is confirmed at this point, so privately contacting someone and telling them "hey i'm the real cop" would be dangerous. Especially since we're not in the best position right now, we really should be careful as to who we decide to lynch from this point on.

Also, I don't think it was the fact that Mijzelffan was wrong with his suspicion, it was more of his demeanor and the fact that he was actively lurking before the heat went onto him.

((Basically, Marius had previously stated a theory to which I rebutted. She yielded, but Momoka appears to pick up this argument to perpetuate fear that the true Cop may be an inactive, despite repeated mentions of the entire game with nobody stepping up. The last statement additionally states, effectively, that she does not trust Mijz's claim. However, notice the elaborate wording and qualifications.))

2. Momoka fishes for the Innocent check, despite Mijz stating in-thread that he would not reveal the person publicly, and that doing so would be incredibly counter-productive.

Proof:
If you claimed to him and he trusts you, did he not end up giving you what the check was? You don't have to say what it was here of course, that's not what I'm looking for. I'm just wondering if he told you who he checked since he trusts you.

((The "You" in this case refers directly to CrackFox.))

3. Momoka asks a lot of "discussion questions" but makes few, if any at all, accusations.

Proof:
Mijzelffan; You seemed pretty adamant and sure of yourself about the lynch against Yato. Was there some private source that gave you information that caused this or were you suspicious only because of Zima's behavior and the miller claim?

((Note the casual, questioning diction. This question itself is also more than a little odd, and points the blame for Yato's lynch, albeit indirectly, entirely upon Mijz. I think it would be good to remind everyone that Mijz was actually one of the last people to vote for Yato in a bandwagon fashion, and was called out because his diction was odd. Mijz retained his suspicions, and convinced one or two people to do the same. Considering everyone was leaning towards lynching Zima/Yato since D1, I don't really think that's anything against Mijz.))

EDIT: Oh wait. Phase ended. Dangit, I worked hard on this rebuttal.

Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 3 - Evolution 12/05/2014

spoilery(??) line under spoiler
The end justifies the means. had to use this line here

Good luck, mafia. Thanks for letting me play!

spoilery(??) line under spoiler
The end justifies the means. had to use this line here

Good luck, mafia. Thanks for letting me play!

More like the end justifies the memes. B)

tumblr_mv95w39Asa1r79qyoo1_r1_400.png

i wAS LOOKING FOR THAT TO POST IT

Flaze is right, I've just had very little time to be around, so I've let the ball drop on this and on an RP and I apologize. The past couple of days I lost my computer cord, too, so I wasn't even able to follow the topic... I should be able to be more active now on all fronts again, though, thankfully.

Having said that, however, I have given all the inputs I've had thus far... I know I'm usually the #1 most active guy, either with analyzing/accusing potential scum for the town or doing so but with purposefully incorrect logic to lead the town astray as scum for mislynches, but for me to excel at either I have to have something to go off of. This is the first game I've been past D2 with no real reads and I'm still completely lost right now. Momoka's random and incredibly ill advised revenge vote made her the only one who was clearly scum, and her being taken out so swiftly was great, but I feel left without much direction as nobody else strikes me as particularly suspicious yet. Mijz hasn't done anything further to make me doubt him, and while I had started to doubt GM, he's since proven himself unless it was (quite honestly fairly useless) busing with this end of phase Momoka debacle, so I don't think either of them are much scummier than anyone else at the moment. On the other side of the coin, GastlyGibus, Marius and Flaze are all giving me pretty strong town vibes. That's sadly all I have to add at the moment, but I'll try to be more active and hopefully I'll be of more use to the town once I get more to go off of.

GastlyGibus said:
So being suspicious makes me scummy? Good to know. I guess I should just jump on misguided and ludicrous bandwagons every day so I can avoid looking scummy.

I never said it was scummy.

Squall Leonhart said:
I don't think doubting his claim is exactly a scum tell, but I don't think it's very town like either.

And sorry I find you suspicious for doubting a cop claim that has a very good chance of being true (and at this point, has practically been proven to be true). Of course I understand not believing everything you're told, since this is a mafia game, but it’s highly debatable someone apart of the mafia would claim cop in the open, when there's an incredible chance they'll get counterclaimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom