• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Pretty pleased with all these redesigns! Phoebe looks the exact same though, just in a different pose. I figure no need to change a great design ehehe. For the rest they all evoke the same feel and look real cool and updated. Brawly has the biggest redesign and I think it really suits him. Sidney looks more thuggish, which is awesome as well. Flannery is really cute and may be sexier than before! Roxanne's dress is a lot like what she had, but nicer and easier to look below haha. Wattson looks really nice, and Norman is pretty badass now.

Phoebe with a Dusknoir is a pleasant surprise. Perhaps this means they will at least make all new evolutions of Hoenn Pokémon available in-game, as Dusknoir requires an item, unlike the Move level-up evolutions from HGSS. A sign of a partial expansion at least.

Phoebe's design is exactly the same. BORING. They could have at least changed the color scheme of her outfit, but nope.

The only redesigns I like are Roxanne and Brawly's. Flannery and Wattson's aren't bad and Norman's is a massive downgrade compared to his original design.

Also, lol @ Manectric being neglected as Wattson's main Pokémon. xD

Flannery is really cute and may be sexier than before! Roxanne's dress is a lot like what she had, but nicer and easier to look below haha..
lol control your hormones, dude.

So, does Sidney have a key stone on his wrist? It looks like he does, though I guess we'll need clearer art. Could just be a bracelet though. Mega Shiftry pls pls pls

It looks like a regular clock to me, but it could really be a mega stone. Mega Shiftry would be sweet.

Edit: Actually it does look kinda like a mega stone, with the sphere-ish shape and some yellow thing in the middle. Hmm...

I don't see a mega stone anywhere in Phoebe though and it would be kinda weird for some Elite Four members to have megas and others not.

Madame Pikachu: Beauty
Hard Rock Pikachu: Cool
Masked Pikachu: Tough
Doctor Pikachu: Smart
Idol Pikachu: Cute

Yeah, contests are back (not like anyone was really doubting it).

And Phoebe's design has changed a bit - she's now a loli.

It looks like a regular clock to me, but it could really be a mega stone. Mega Shiftry would be sweet.

Edit: Actually it does look kinda like a mega stone, with the sphere-ish shape and some yellow thing in the middle. Hmm...

I don't see a mega stone anywhere in Phoebe though and it would be kinda weird for some Elite Four members to have megas and others not.

could be on the other flower

also phobe is very cute even though she remains the same :3

Ruby_Sapphire_Phoebe.png

She could have one in her ankle bracelet. That's the only place we really can't see. Unless she has a ring or an ear-ring that we can't see. I guess we'll definitely know when the full HQ art is released with the site update, it could just be a bracelet that looks like a key stone and I'm getting excited for Mega Shiftry for nothing ;_;

Wondering what Glacia will look like. She always had a terrible design. Also really glad to see Dusknoir getting some love. Wondering if it will have a Mega. Also wondering if that bracelet on Sidney has a key stone. Would certainly be interesting if all the Elite Four members could Mega evolve.

The Kalos Elite Four didn't use Mega Evolutions despite each member despite X and Y introducing a Mega Evolution for each type of Elite 4 member (with Wikstrom and Siebold even using Pokémon that could Mega Evolve), so I don't see why every member of the Hoenn Elite 4 would have a Mega Stone. I can see Steven being the only one with a Mega Evolution.

Ruby_Sapphire_Phoebe.png

She could have one in her ankle bracelet. That's the only place we really can't see. Unless she has a ring or an ear-ring that we can't see. I guess we'll definitely know when the full HQ art is released with the site update, it could just be a bracelet that looks like a key stone and I'm getting excited for Mega Shiftry for nothing ;_;
That is an interesting observation. I have forgotten she had an ankle bracelet, which curiously is right behind the text in the CoroCoro scan. Though when zooming in the picture, I fail to see anything resembling the mega stone sphere in the bracelet :/ Either way, hopefully all Elite Four members have megas in their teams.

The Kalos Elite Four didn't use Mega Evolutions despite each member despite X and Y introducing a Mega Evolution for each type of Elite 4 member (with Wikstrom and Siebold even using Pokémon that could Mega Evolve), so I don't see why every member of the Hoenn Elite 4 would have a Mega Stone. I can see Steven being the only one with a Mega Evolution.
I still think the Kalos Elite Four will use mega evolutions in the third version (if there is one), though.

All of the redesigns look pretty nice. Though Flannery's and Norman's look a bit odd imo. And I don't know why Wattson looks at bit...larger to me. But regardless I like all of them. I can't want to see the rest. I am disappointed that Wattson is shown with Magneton rather than Manectric as his star Pokémon. I'm hoping they at least give him a Manectric. I'm really surprised that Phoebe has a Dusknoir. Hopefully this means stronger rosters for others leaders and E4.

I love Idol, Masked and Madame Pikachu! They're soooooo cute! Hard Rock looks okay, but the clothes and weird eyelashes are a bit odd. Doctor looks just plain weird with those swirly glasses and the ponytails are a bit much. Though, I'm glad that it looks like Amie is coming back.

Last edited:
Brawly looks pretty sexy in his new design and Birch and Wattson look nice, as well. Norman looks okay, but with the words blocking him, I can't really judge. Flannery and Roxanne look very cute, and Phoebe looks completely adorable, even though she's pretty much unchanged. Sydney also looks much cooler than before. I'm liking all these redesigns. Also looks like we'll be getting the evolutions from Gen 4 for the Hoenn Pokemon in the Dex.

All that Pikachu stuff looks a bit creepy, but I guess it'll be for Contests. It does look quite interesting, especially since they're all the same female Pikachu, who, for whatever reason, has black coloring at the top of her tail instead of the bottom. Maybe this is a specific Pikachu like Notched-Eared Pichu? Also glad it looks like Amie is back~ I'm really excited for this information to come out in English~

I don't know. Every character who has a mega stone has it showing in their official artworks.

Maxie and Archie are posed specifically in their artworks so that they don't show, so it is possible the Elite Four members could have them. Though, with Absol being Sydney's signature, I would hope he'd have Mega Absol over Mega Shiftry if he did have one.

Brawly looks pretty sexy in his new design and Birch and Wattson look nice, as well. Norman looks okay, but with the words blocking him, I can't really judge. Flannery and Roxanne look very cute, and Phoebe looks completely adorable, even though she's pretty much unchanged. Sydney also looks much cooler than before. I'm liking all these redesigns. Also looks like we'll be getting the evolutions from Gen 4 for the Hoenn Pokemon in the Dex.

All that Pikachu stuff looks a bit creepy, but I guess it'll be for Contests. It does look quite interesting, especially since they're all the same female Pikachu, who, for whatever reason, has black coloring at the top of her tail instead of the bottom. Maybe this is a specific Pikachu like Notched-Eared Pichu? Also glad it looks like Amie is back~ I'm really excited for this information to come out in English~

I don't know. Every character who has a mega stone has it showing in their official artworks.

Maxie and Archie are posed specifically in their artworks so that they don't show, so it is possible the Elite Four members could have them. Though, with Absol being Sydney's signature, I would hope he'd have Mega Absol over Mega Shiftry if he did have one.

yeah with the mega stones only being visable on their 3d models... so if the elite gets mega stones then 3d models for the elite four :O

TI don't see why every member of the Hoenn Elite 4 would have a Mega Stone. I can see Steven being the only one with a Mega Evolution.

It really does look like Sidney has a key stone in his bracelet though. And if Sidney has one, then there's no reason for Phoebe, Glacia and Drake to not have them either. We'll have to see when the site updates with the art, though, because I have a feeling that I'm just going to be disappointed.

Though, with Absol being Sydney's signature, I would hope he'd have Mega Absol over Mega Shiftry if he did have one.

Corocoro makes it pretty clear that Shiftry is going to be his main Pokemon. Mega Absol has had its time in the spot light with your rival in XY, give it to a brand new Mega instead of reusing them. This is like the people who were saying Steven should use a Mega Aggron instead of receive a Mega Metagross. It frankly makes no sense.

TI don't see why every member of the Hoenn Elite 4 would have a Mega Stone. I can see Steven being the only one with a Mega Evolution.

It really does look like Sidney has a key stone in his bracelet though. And if Sidney has one, then there's no reason for Phoebe, Glacia and Drake to not have them either. We'll have to see when the site updates with the art, though, because I have a feeling that I'm just going to be disappointed.

mega shiftrys still a possibility weather sidney has a mega stone or not. hopefully in the elite four rematchs they have megas ( same with gym leader rematches) and i want the elite four and the champion to have a 3d model ( like really you're telling me a team flare grunt gets a 3d model but diantha champion of kalos does not?)

All the new art for the Gym Leaders and Elite Four look awesome. I can't wait to see the remaining character's new art.

Elite Four having a Mega evolution Pokemon in their teams. I really hope that happens, even if just for the rematches. With expanded dex, it's not impossible.
so afraid that I'd be disappointed

I just cross-referenced with Sidney's R/S artwork and it's also worth noting that it doesn't feature a bracelet of any kind:

Ruby_Sapphire_Sidney.png

I see Birch in the latest scans with the Pikachu costumes. Just like Oak and Elm, looks pretty much the same as his original artwork. That running pose and face makes me think of Dr. Slump though.

Back
Top Bottom