• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So, the Reddit leaks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I could see Lunatone and Solrock getting Mega Evolution, I have a hard time believing that they'd be included in the demo. I think that they'd want something more special for that like Mega Dexoys or maybe Mega Jirachi, although I'm leading more towards the former than the later in that part. Most of the possible Mega Pokemon they've mentioned are ones that people highly suspect will be in the game like Flygon and Milotic. I'm almost certain that Mega Luxray will happen due to Clemont getting a Luxio in the anime. Mega Butterfree should also happen due to Beedrill getting one. I do hope Mega Raichu happens. That would provide something different for another Pikachu vs. Raichu battle in the anime.

Still, I doubt that this person actually got a hold of the games, so I'll just take it with a grain of salt.

The guys says:
My goal, for proof, is to get some pics of the mega Flygon concept sketches because I know where they are and I feel like that's something the community wants to see. Keep in mind, they are essentially pencil sketches though, like a rough idea

Here's the comment.

Yes, because there's no way some random person could just sketch a mega flygon...

The guys says:
My goal, for proof, is to get some pics of the mega Flygon concept sketches because I know where they are and I feel like that's something the community wants to see. Keep in mind, they are essentially pencil sketches though, like a rough idea

Here's the comment.

Yes, because there's no way some random person could just sketch a mega flygon...

Not to mention that it'd have to look something like Ken Sugimori art.

Authenticity my arse. Remember Mr XY?

Oh, believe me we haven't forgotten. I'm amazed though at how that guy made up hundreds of names and made tons of people believe him. Reddit is well known for these sorts of things when it comes to video games. Leakers or people claiming to have worked on games are believed with no evidence to support their claims. I remember earlier this year, some random person on Reddit claimed they worked on Assassins Creed III and they offered no evidence of them working for Ubisoft yet everybody seemed to believe them. They tried claiming they knew the truth behind its development (whatever that is even supposed to mean) but they were so obviously lying. They kept referring to producers but the game only had one producer and they made no mention of the game director. Things like this are why I generally avoid Reddit. Same as that person, this "leaker" doesn't mention what they do, who they even work for (Nintendo?, TPCI?, or Creatures?), or why they keep using the term "possible". Either they know that it is in the game or they don't.

Nothing has been said about there being two versions of the demo. Also, Solrock and Lunatone hardly seem appealing enough for a promotion like this.

Yeah, I don't buy that they would use Lunatone/Solrock as the demo Pokemon either, it would probably be something more special.
I don't believe in this leak just yet, and I'm not counting on version-exclusive demo Megas. But I wouldn't doubt something disappointing like Mega Solrock/Lunatone for the demo, because this generation has taught me to keep my expectations low if I want to be happy.

That being said, I really want these leaks to be real. I've given up hope on customization relatively early on, but it's something I still want. The only one I don't care for is the Mega Milotic being part-Fairy. I'm getting tired of fairies.

I don't want to make any conclusions until the demo Mega is revealed on the 14th/15th.

If it turns out that this "leaker" is right and the demo Pokemon are Lunatone and Solrock, then I will see her "leak" as more plausible.

I really hope this guy's the real deal, because Customization, Mega Butterfree and Mega Jirachi (No Mega Raichu/Pikachu though ;c), but sadly its probably all fake.

Something I don't understand is how she could have access to concept art. That stuff is at Game Freak's office in Tokyo. Specifically Ken Sugimori's office. She also says she's an American but there's only one westerner who works for Game Freak and that's James Turner. Concept art isn't floating around at Nintendo of America's office. Have we ever even seen concept art?

I don't believe in this leak just yet, and I'm not counting on version-exclusive demo Megas. But I wouldn't doubt something disappointing like Mega Solrock/Lunatone for the demo, because this generation has taught me to keep my expectations low if I want to be happy.

That's a good point, but they have way too many choices in this game to have to resort to something like Lunatone/Solrock. They could easily do something like Jirachi or Deoxys (most likely Jirachi because of the stone there).

Last edited:
Luckily we'll know if this had a shred of truth by Wednesday anyway. Not even going to read anything yet.

The leaker has allegedly sent proof to the mods. A mod said:

oderator here. This guy seems legit and we should be getting more proof and more info by Monday. Be cautious though since we are not 100% positive of his authenticity yet

Has this happened before? Has a person, who sent proof to the mods and "seemed legit" turned out to be fake?

The other thing is that Monday is a holiday in America, and the leaker is American.

Anyone know of NoA employees have the day off?

Authenticity my arse. Remember Mr XY?
Pretty much.

Did you guys learn nothing from last time?

I'm being skeptical, trying to find out as much as I can.

Also re concept sketches he claims

We receive early sketches all the time from gamefreak to comment on whether or not they are culturally appropriate for NA this has been done ever since the jinx incident

Anyone know if that's true?

Last edited:
Has this happened before? Has a person, who sent proof to the mods and "seemed legit" turned out to be fake?
We don't know anything about this so-called proof, nor how reliable this moderator is.

Anyone know if that's true?
It sounds rather ridiculous. Even if it were true, why send them sketches rather than completed designs which could be modified if necessary?

I wouldn't use a Reddit mod's support of the information as grounds of validity.

A certain mod may be more or less receptive to the same information. It depends on how trusting that person is.

The other thing is that Monday is a holiday in America, and the leaker is American.

Anyone know of NoA employees have the day off?

Other than Federal offices, banks, school districts, and public libraries, what organizations do not operate on Columbus Day?

I am sure non-governmental firms still operate that day.

Last edited:
A lot of that stuff is worded as if it was leaked long ago, though... I don't know if I'd trust that... BUT YAY! MEGA BUTTERFREE! :D Now all we need is Mega Raichu and then we can have a Mega Ketchum Team! :D

...To be beat in the round of 16 :lol:

No es fake (?)

I don't believe this, but let's keep an eye.

We receive early sketches all the time from gamefreak to comment on whether or not they are culturally appropriate for NA this has been done ever since the jinx incident
Lol assuming this is true, wouldn't they extend the same process to naming? Wonder how coFAGrigus managed to not ring any alarms in the language department.

Solrock and Lunatone I am give or take so yeah they aren't on my team lol.

Mega Flygon is a good one but I am not fond of Mega Legendaries. Mega Milotic I would make space for on one of my reserve teams.

Butterfree, Zangoose, Seviper, Ninetales and Mightyena would be awesome indeed. I would like those megas.

Luxray, Arcanine, Bisharp, Steelix would be cool to play with. They are some of my favorites.

Dragonite I think deserves one since Tyrannitar, Salamence, Metagross and Garchomp have one. That makes more than half the pseudo legendaries. It would make sense.

I would love the Johto starters to have mega forms because each of them are kinda cool (plus they might have better looking mega forms than Mega Swampert)

This has to be the dumbest "leak" I've seen in ages.

Sin No.1: The "leaker" lists off way too many things. Talk about spread shot! They list so, so many thing off that it's like they are trying to cast as wide a net as possible to later fall back on and say, "See!? See!? I called some things right! :)"

Sin No.2: The leaker speaks in terms of possibilities and maybes far, far too often. Some choice bits:

Mega Milotic is a high-chance, with Water/Fairy and increased SpDef

A "high chance"? Either it is in or it isn't, you stupid wanna-be! :rolleyes:

Shiftry, Ludicolo, Butterfree, Zangoose, Seviper, some more gen 5, Raticate, Torkoal, Slaking, Exploud, Tropius, Azumarill, Ninetales and Mightyena were all talked about as possible Megas sometime during development and may be in

Long laundry list is long. And what do you mean, "Were talked about"? "May be in"? "Possible"? :rolleyes: Oh puh-lease.

Johto starters back, but some people say they have megas and some don't

Way to take a safe gamble on the Emerald feature of Johto legendaries returning and then utterly not commit to the bigger gamble of whether they have Mega Stones this generation or not. Piss off, liar. :rolleyes:

But the crême de la crême has got to be this one ...

Battle Frontier possibly back.

Well gee. Thanks. Thanks so much for that wonderful bit of information.

I like Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot.

According to Reddit, Mega Flygon is going to happen but I don't know if I should believe that or not. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Mega Flygon and Mega Swellow happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom