• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mega Evolution

What is your favorite Mega Evolution?

• Total voters
Re: In desperate need of mega evolution

Have you ever thought that an awesome Pokemon deserves a mega evolution. In this thread, I want you to post a Pokemon that you believe, deserves a Mega Evolution. Name the Pokemon, it`s type, and it`s mega evolved type.

Ok, I`ll start.

Steelix: Steel/Ground
Mega Steelix: Steel/Fire

Why in God's name would Mega Steelix be Steel/Fire? Steel/Ground fits him, and aside from Fire Fang (which tons of non-Fire types get anyway) there's really not much that connects him to Fire type. If I were to name some Pokemon that I think could change type, this is what I would say:

Likely:

Mega Ninetales- Fire/Psychic
Mega Golduck- Water/Psychic (frankly, IDK why Psyduck and Golduck aren't Water/Psychic in the first place)
Mega Noctowl- Psychic/Flying
Mega Ledian- Bug/Fighting
Mega Sudowoodo- Rock/Grass or Rock/Fighting
Mega Dunsparce- Normal/Ground or Normal/Flying
Mega Blissey- Normal/Fairy
Mega Lugia- Maybe Flying/Water
Mega Solrock- Rock/Fire
Mega Huntail- Water/Dark (again, no idea why it didn't have this type in the first place)
Mega Gorebyss- Water/Psychic (again, no idea why it didn't have this type in the first place)
Mega Luxray- Electric/Dark
Mega Cresselia- Psychic/Fairy
Mega Sceptile- Grass/Dragon
Mega Samurott- Water/Fighting or Water/Steel
Mega Conkeldurr- Fighting/Rock
Mega Beartic- Ice/Water
Mega Florges- Fairy/Grass (Seriously? Why did it not have this?)

Maybes:

Mega Persian- Normal/Dark
Mega Rapidash- Fire/Flying or Fire/Fairy (assuming that they make it a pegasus/alicorn)
Mega Kingler- Water/Steel
Mega Marowak- Ground/Ghost (following the dead mother theme)
Mega Meganium- Grass/Fairy
Mega Feraligatr- Water/Dark
Mega Sunflora- Grass/Fire
Mega Girafarig- Psychic/Dark
Mega Torkoal- Fire/Steel
Mega Lunatone- Rock/Ice
Mega Milotic- Water/Fairy
Mega Staraptor- Flying/Fighting
Mega Mismagius- Ghost/Fairy
Mega Yanmega- Bug/Dragon
Mega Porygon-Z- Normal/Electric or Normal/Psychic
Mega Pixie trio- Psychic/Fairy
Mega Seismitoad- Water/Poison
Mega Cofagrigus- Ghost/Rock
Mega Druddigon- Dragon/Fighting
Mega Braviary- Fighting/Flying

Maybe we won't get all of these, and some of them will probably require moveset changes or -ate abilities, but I think most of them are at least plausible.

Last edited:
Golurk (Ground/Ghost) ----> Mega Golurk (Ghost/Steel or Ghost/Fairy)

So why the Fairy typing? To give the big lug an advantage against Dark types, among others. That and I don't think we have a half Ghost Fairy type and with as odd as Golurk really is, it might suit the big fella.

Just my (half-baked) thoughts.

250px-195Quagsire.png
Quagsire - Water/Ground

2171397.jpg
Mega Quagsire - Water/Dragon

I've always thought of Quagsire as a lake monster, so its mega evolution should be a sea monster

I love Mega Charizard X (even if he is a little over exposed, I'll admit), but to see Mega Houndoom not have any votes makes me wish I can change my previous vote to give him at least one. I'll just say he is a very close second with Charizard Y coming in third.

EDIT: While it is a thing here, if Electivire were to have a Mega Evo, I can see him as an Electric/Fighting-type. I would give him the ability Speed Boost because I am biased and I like that ability. I doubt it will happen, but I can dream. =P

Last edited:

So why the Fairy typing? To give the big lug an advantage against Dark types, among others. That and I don't think we have a half Ghost Fairy type and with as odd as Golurk really is, it might suit the big fella.

Imo Ghost/Fighting fits much more than Ghost/Fairy (Fairy doesn't even fit it at all). It also recieves STAB in Dynamic Punch and Drain Punch, and helps it deal with Dark Types.

Last edited:
Re: I had an idea for a Mega Nintales design.

It will have a Japanese Kitsune (fox) mask. Not sure of the markings. Each of it's tails will have a flame at the tip. It's claws would have gotten longer and sharper. Each tail would have one of those gold bulb-ish looking bells tied to them. They look like this. View attachment 95971

I don't understand why everyone's shying away from this: Make Megatales go full-on Naruto/Kurama. Give it Fire/Ghost typing (since Kurama is pure chakra instead of a beast made out of living flesh), give it the ability Cursed Body (based on Ninetales' own Dex entries) and give its tails a spectral blue tip (like its Shiny form) with a purple body fur (the same color as Gengar). And have all 9 tails fuse into one with 9 "split ends".

So Mega Ninetales will be just like this:

Kyubimon.jpg

Digimon - Kyubimon

OR THIS

Youkomon.jpg

Digimon - Youkomon

I never mentioned anything about it looking like it crossbred with a Chingling, though. That's a horrible design.
tumblr_inline_nal2y1MX381r0sbwb.jpg

Did you even read the FULL design? Plus those bells are not exclusive to Kyuubimon or Youkomon nor would Mega Ninetales look like them. The bells would be tied to its tails. Real ones exist and are used for prayer. I think they would be perfect for Mega Ninetales. From an anime standpoint they could be used to calm down and ward off out of control ghost Pokemon.

I see many fans still complaining about "Mega" evolution being "ripped off" of Digimon. I think this has to be said...There is no such thing as a mega Digimon in Japan. The evolution stages go like this: Baby 1>Baby 2>Child>Adult>Perfect>Ultimate.

I see many fans still complaining about "Mega" evolution being "ripped off" of Digimon. I think this has to be said...There is no such thing as a mega Digimon in Japan. The evolution stages go like this: Baby 1>Baby 2>Child>Adult>Perfect>Ultimate.

It's not because of the 'Mega' stage imo. The Mega evolution bears a striking resemblance to the Burst evolution featured in Digimon Savers (or Digimon Data Squad). Just as how a Mega-evolved pokemon retains a similar appearance with upgraded stats, Burst evolution also enables the digimon to retain a similar appearance with upgrades as well. That, and the fact the "trainer" and the "mon" have to be very close in terms of emotion (shown as 'resonating feelings') and both take place only in battles.
ShineGreymon Burst Mode - Episode 44 - YouTube
(Shinegreymon Burst Evolution clip)

Personally, I don't think its a rip-off. They share similar concepts, yes, but so does every other game/anime where transformation is vital in battles, especially when it's about a monster and a human partner. I don't think it isn't something to complain about, though understandable.

Imo Ghost/Fighting fits much more than Ghost/Fairy (Fairy doesn't even fit it at all). It also recieves STAB in Dynamic Punch and Drain Punch, and helps it deal with Dark Types.
Like I said, it's an odd typing to give to the big guy but he's not exactly normal. Most Ghosts wanna kill you and he doesn't. He doesn't even look all that ghostly, so I went for a total "WTF?" typing on his potential Mega. (That and a Mega Golurk would go against the uber-cute Fairy stereotype; I want a Fairy that will make people crap themselves when they see it. Because I am strange. XD)

But yeah, Fighting could work as well. I just.... I really want this big lugnut to get himself a Mega. I would use the slag outta it and it would be my signature Pokemon for all eternity!

...you all saw that last part coming, I'm sure. This is me, duh. :lol:

Still waiting for a Mega Houndoom Tomy figure or a plush. It's design is great.

20130823053215%21012Butterfree.png
Butterfree - Bug/Flying

mothra.jpeg
Mega Butterfree - Bug/Psychic

20120402114130%21635Hydreigon.png
Hydreigon - Dark/Dragon

godzilla-vs-king-ghidorah.jpg
Mega Hydreigon - Dark/Dragon

Yeah, this may be a tad of an unpopular opinion, but I hope they scrap Megas next gen.

Don't get me wrong, I love some of the designs and some of the megas overall, but I wish they'd put that time and effort into new pokemon.

Like, some of the new megas for ORAS look awesome to me (not going to mention any specifically, since I don't know the rules regarding spoilers), but you only get to see that in battle (and only in a few if you have multiple mega-able pokemon in your team). The rest of the time you have to deal with the derpy pokemon that they're based on (not always the case, but definitely sometimes).

I know a lot of people would disagree with me on this point, but I also think that they focus the metagame on too narrow a field of pokemon.

This all put aside (also, my argument may be a bit shoddy since I'm quite tired), I just preferred when the pokemon world felt more like the natural world, made me feel like I was on an actual adventure.

Anyway, thanks to anyone who decided to read this, and sorry if this is the wrong place to write this.
I don't think megas are all bad, there are some cool designs, but I honestly think it shouldn't be carried on to the next generation.

I hope they scrap Megas next gen.

This will never happen. Pokémon who have Mega Evolution are now just like any other Pokémon that has different forms. Forms were never removed, they're sort of like a different Pokémon, and they'd never remove an existing Pokémon.
The only Pokémon that was ever restricted to one game and wasn't carried over is Spiky Eared Pichu, but that's clearly a very differet case than megas. (although I still think they could keep it) and if anyone is gonna share Spiky's fate it's probably just Cosplay Pikachu since its "forms" are super gimmicky and tied into the ORAS Contests...

I really want a Mega Cherrim !
Stats: 70/60/80/140/90/110
Type: Grass/Fire
Ability: Drought/Desolate Land
- Growth
- Solarbeam
- Weather Ball
- Morning Sun

It'll be our first Grass/Fire type and under sun growth is a 2+ in special attack, morning sun heals 100% of HP, Weather Ball is a 200 BP fire type move (that gets STAB), Solar beam doesn't need a turn to charge.

Yeah, this may be a tad of an unpopular opinion, but I hope they scrap Megas next gen.

Don't get me wrong, I love some of the designs and some of the megas overall, but I wish they'd put that time and effort into new pokemon.

Like, some of the new megas for ORAS look awesome to me (not going to mention any specifically, since I don't know the rules regarding spoilers), but you only get to see that in battle (and only in a few if you have multiple mega-able pokemon in your team). The rest of the time you have to deal with the derpy pokemon that they're based on (not always the case, but definitely sometimes).

I know a lot of people would disagree with me on this point, but I also think that they focus the metagame on too narrow a field of pokemon.

This all put aside (also, my argument may be a bit shoddy since I'm quite tired), I just preferred when the pokemon world felt more like the natural world, made me feel like I was on an actual adventure.

Anyway, thanks to anyone who decided to read this, and sorry if this is the wrong place to write this.
I don't think megas are all bad, there are some cool designs, but I honestly think it shouldn't be carried on to the next generation.

I actually agree completely with this. I want more 'real' Pokemon and less, if any at all, megas.

I hope they scrap Megas next gen.

This will never happen. Pokémon who have Mega Evolution are now just like any other Pokémon that has different forms. Forms were never removed, they're sort of like a different Pokémon, and they'd never remove an existing Pokémon.
The only Pokémon that was ever restricted to one game and wasn't carried over is Spiky Eared Pichu, but that's clearly a very differet case than megas. (although I still think they could keep it) and if anyone is gonna share Spiky's fate it's probably just Cosplay Pikachu since its "forms" are super gimmicky and tied into the ORAS Contests...

Honestly, not as tricky as you may think. All they need to do is restrict the ability of the mega stones to be transferred to next gen games. Unlikely, sure, but also very plausible, especially considering that the Pokemon bank seems like it'll be the major transfer method between generations from now on*.

As the Pokemon Bank restricts the ability to transfer items, all they need to do is not have them in the next gen, and BAM!

My problem isn't so much with the existence of Megas, since I think Mega Beedrill is badass (and many other less useful pokemon get new life with mega forms).

My issue with them is that keeping people interested in them relies a lot on hype, and turning a good batch of the existing pokemon into mega-capable pokemon each iteration of games. Also, about half of the pokemon made into mega forms are already good, which just puts them that much further above the mediocre pokemon.

But, I do agree that cosplay Pikachu will be left in ORAS (only to be replaced by yet another Pikachu form).

*I say this because it's a paid service, and the reason for said annual fee is to allow people to maintain the service. Also, I doubt they'd scrap this unless they were to come up with something more expensive (but that's just a bit too evil for Nintendo/GF).

There is absolutely no reason to believe they'll remove megas, you just personally want it. Even if items aren't trasnfer-able that never stopped them before from bringing back form-related items again and again in every new game since said form was introduced, and it'll obviously be the same for megas now too... they're here to stay and I think that's crazy to imply they'd ever be removed - that would be pretty much equivalent to removing an actual Pokémon and they just don't do this

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom