• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of Zinnia, I decided to look up "aster", the name of her Whismur that she likely named after a lost friend of hers, and... guess what I found??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aster_(genus)

THERE'S THE DAMN FLOWERS THING AGAIN, MANG.

Masuda, you bastard! What are you planning???

BONUS: That would be awesome and hilarious if "Aster" and Zinnia are Lysandre's kids.

Oh, shit... wait a minute.

Aster. Zinnia.

Aster. Zinnia.

AZ.

Damn. Guys... I'm probably jumping the gun here... but what if they're all relatives? Lysandre, AZ, Zinnia, and the missing "Aster"?

Last edited:
On the subject of Zinnia, I decided to look up "aster", the name of her Whismur that she likely named after a lost friend of hers, and... guess what I found??

BONUS: That would be awesome and hilarious if "Aster" and Zinnia are Lysandre's kids.

Aster. Zinnia.

Aster. Zinnia.

AZ.

Damn. Guys... I'm probably jumping the gun here... but what if they're all relatives? Lysandre, AZ, Zinnia, and the missing "Aster"?

To be fair, as far as I know, Aster isn't named after a flower in the original Japanese. Zinnia is, but her name (Higana) also refers to nirvana, whereas Aster's Japanese name (Shigana) refers to the mortal coil. At least, that's what the 'pedia says.

Although while we are at it, Lysandre is also named after a flower, in a way. His Japanese name is Fleur-de-lis, which is that stylized lily symbol that you see associated with French stuff. The Team Flare Scientists' names are all derived from flowers, too.

While we are at it, I will go ahead and reiterate Project AZOTH from ORAS. A grunt in the Magma/Aqua Hideout says that the A means "beginning" and the Z means "end," but doesn't know what the other three letters mean.

This, of course, can be juxtaposed with XY, which says that AZ's name means "the beginning and the end." Which further relates to the cover mascots of both sets of games; Xerneas (Life) and Kyogre (Alpha) can be seen as representing the "beginning," while Yveltal (Death/Destruction) and Groudon (Omega) can be interpreted as the "end."

Last edited:
I think in general project AZOTH, the mauville holdings and team flare will be part of the plot. I think lab tests for the blob is one thing both the anime and the games will share. I also wouldn't be surprised if Colress eventually comes into the picture. What if his book was really a hostort of Kalos and mega evolution?

I also wouldn't be surprised if Colress eventually comes into the picture. What if his book was really a hostort of Kalos and mega evolution?

What if Colress is behind the whole thing, like both Gen 6 stories?

What if he was helping Magma/Aqua behind the scenes, encouraging them, helping them with tech, in order to get rayquaza to awaken and discover the secret of mega evolution and the massive mega stone.

What if he was also involved in the XYZ story either through the ultimate weapon, OR more likely he is behind the experiments on the green blobs, and is seeking Zygarde as he has some link to Mega evolution.

Colress has already been mentioned to have been stalking around Route 10, looking at the headstones trying to take their power. Its his life long goal to unlock the hidden inner powers of Pokemon (b2w2 was very much foreshadowing mega evos) and we know from his work in team plasma he gets involved with evil teams for his own purposes, he doesnt care about their goal, but uses them to further his own

I never considered magma/aqua on top of flare,but sure why not. We have a benevolent yet ambiguous force with Looker popping up inthe last 3 gens, I would love a big bad that works for his own goals while manipulating others. Perhaps megaverse Colress already knows of megas, yet wants to make them permanent? Would work with my theory that megas shouldb't need stones to not uave an issue with the items in the future

If they want to make Battle Frontier less challenging, they could get rid of Silver and Gold Symbols and simply make just one kind of Symbol for each facility. The number of needed won battles in the streak could be something in the middle of Emerald's Silver and Gold Symbols winning streaks or maybe even less if necessary. And also there could be some major Symbol obtainable as a reward after getting Symbols from all facilities.

Im quite convinced that Masuda isn't using the BF after stating that players dont make use of such difficult features anymore, since they have a lot of means of entertainment. If this turns out to be a plain excuse for not finishing it in time for ORAS, a lot of people will get mad you know... So I think he was serious and thinks that seven facilitied and same amount of aces, ALL in 3D etc is a lot of hard work for a small portion of fans interested in it. It surprises me that fans wouldn't want the Frontier, but hey, maybe it's true, and not just lame excuses from GF...
He actually has made at least one lame excuse before, while explaining lack of Azure Flute distribution in the interview I posted earlier in this thread. They not only released similar items before supposed release of Azure Flute, but also continued this way of distribution with Liberty Pass in BW, so there's no doubt his explanation of the item's function being hard to understand was just a lame excuse. He also actually admitted changing the plans, as he said he initially planned to release Azure Flute. In the future he could use similar excuse of changing the plans and deciding to make Battle Frontier, most likely with lower difficulty than in Emerald.

Aster. Zinnia.

Aster. Zinnia.

AZ.

Pokemon Maury edition confirmed!

Imagine the tagline: "My dad's a 9ft 3000 year old homicidal flower obsessed maniac, but I'm too busy stalking 10 year old children, chasing meteors and mythical green flying snakes to help him! Am I a bad daughter?"

Srsly tho, it would be pretty damn wild if they do turn out to be related in some way, especially if it's familial. I have a funny feeling Zinnia will know a lot about AZ, especially if they both relate to Zygarde if the next games are based upon him. I'd really like to learn more about AZ's brother too.

And also there could be some major Symbol obtainable as a reward after getting Symbols from all facilities.
Even better, how about a shiny Pokémon like Shiny Dratini/Gible you get in B2/W2 from Black Tower/White Treehollow?

I think such a reward would be a huge motivator for a lot of people.

And also there could be some major Symbol obtainable as a reward after getting Symbols from all facilities.
Even better, how about a shiny Pokémon like Shiny Dratini/Gible you get in B2/W2 from Black Tower/White Treehollow?

Something like Shiny Dratini holding Dragonitite. This, combined with toned down difficulty, could be make remade BF well received.

Something like Shiny Dratini holding Dragonitite. This, combined with toned down difficulty, could be make remade BF well received.

A similar kind of situation happened with OR/AS. You had to get 1000 flags from secret bases and then you'd get the Garchompite form Aarune. For the Lucarionite you had to complete all contest types at all levels, then defeat Lisia in a contest. I think people complained a lot about that, as the rest were much simpler to find by comparison.

Though I do like the idea of a toned-down battle frontier.

A similar kind of situation happened with OR/AS. You had to get 1000 flags from secret bases and then you'd get the Garchompite form Aarune. For the Lucarionite you had to complete all contest types at all levels, then defeat Lisia in a contest. I think people complained a lot about that, as the rest were much simpler to find by comparison.

It is quite contradictory that many fans are CONSTANTLY ranting about how the games are gatting easier than they should, and for once GF decides to make a few things harder and now everybody is criticizing them for making it too hard, it makes no sense...

Aster. Zinnia.

Aster. Zinnia.

AZ.

Well... We know for a fact that Lysandre is descended from AZ's unnamed brother (WHAT IF HIS NAME WAS OTH?!), but no one's ever brought up AZ's own bloodline (probably because an immortal man who looks 70 and is 9 feet tall probably isn't getting a ton of ladies clamoring for his children, plus this game is PG).

What if Aster was Zinnia's mother and both were directly descended from AZ somehow? Since Aster died, Zinnia would obviously blame her ancestor for having created them in the first place. Or, like in Pokémon Adventures, Aster was the previous Lorekeeper but died, leaving the role to Zinnia. Since the non-Mega Verse didn't have Draconids or a need for Rayquaza to squash a meteor, which Zinnia probably knew, she blamed the only key difference between universes; her ancestor AZ.

It is quite contradictory that many fans are CONSTANTLY ranting about how the games are gatting easier than they should, and for once GF decides to make a few things harder and now everybody is criticizing them for making it too hard, it makes no sense...

Well I think its about people wanting a steady increase.

If you are climbing a mountain, you want a steady incline, you dont want a flat walk for most of the way, and then a vertical wall to climb at the end. At the moment its easy the whole way through you can use whatever team you want and dont need to worry about training then you reach the post content streak battle facility, and bam it hits you like a wall. Suddenly you cant even get to the final boss/leader without breeding and training competitively.

Aster. Zinnia.

Aster. Zinnia.

AZ.

Well... We know for a fact that Lysandre is descended from AZ's unnamed brother (WHAT IF HIS NAME WAS OTH?!), but no one's ever brought up AZ's own bloodline (probably because an immortal man who looks 70 and is 9 feet tall probably isn't getting a ton of ladies clamoring for his children, plus this game is PG).

What if Aster was Zinnia's mother and both were directly descended from AZ somehow? Since Aster died, Zinnia would obviously blame her ancestor for having created them in the first place.

Zinnia refers Aster as her 'daughter'.

Or, like in Pokémon Adventures, Aster was the previous Lorekeeper but died, leaving the role to Zinnia. Since the non-Mega Verse didn't have Draconids or a need for Rayquaza to squash a meteor, which Zinnia probably knew, she blamed the only key difference between universes; her ancestor AZ.

Aaaaaaaaand thank you for the huge spoiler :(

People don't complain about Garchompite being hard to obtain, they complain about it being overly tedious to obtain. With the Battle Frontier, you did have to work through battles, but it was a test of your knowledge of the game, your skill, and how well you adapted, so getting through all of that and making it to the top felt a lot more rewarding. With Garchompite, there's really no challenge as you just have to go around and get the flag, which unless the flag owner decides to trap it or guard it with a difficult team is not going to test you in any way. It's just the same action of getting each and every flag until you get 1000, and that's not really an exciting way to work towards a goal by comparison.

Now I can't speak for those who complain about Lucarionite, but then again, I don't see that many complaints about it in comparison to Garchompite.

People don't complain about Garchompite being hard to obtain, they complain about it being overly tedious to obtain. With the Battle Frontier, you did have to work through battles, but it was a test of your knowledge of the game, your skill, and how well you adapted, so getting through all of that and making it to the top felt a lot more rewarding. With Garchompite, there's really no challenge as you just have to go around and get the flag, which unless the flag owner decides to trap it or guard it with a difficult team is not going to test you in any way. It's just the same action of getting each and every flag until you get 1000, and that's not really an exciting way to work towards a goal by comparison.

Now I can't speak for those who complain about Lucarionite, but then again, I don't see that many complaints about it in comparison to Garchompite.

I agree about that particular thing, but in general im happy with the difficulty of the games. I like easy maingames and hard and long postgames.

People complain about the 1000-flag thing because its tedious and boring, limited to 30 flags a day, and a slap in the face with Masuda saying that he didn't want to include the Battle Frontier because its tedious and hard...yet they give us a boring task like this.

People who complain about the contest are the same people who complain every generation that they're forced to *try* something out other than battling. People who actually play contests criticize it for being incredibly easy.

Its the legendaryhunt and the obscurity of almost of the required methods to capture them. Sure its an extensionof RSE and its regi hunt, but if they really wanted that to be part of the franchise, they would have expanded it over the last 10 years and not have it be such a forced imitation, which is what I see it as. Then when you place it in a game which doesn't have THE post league content which has had any real hold over the fans, along with an excuse of tedium, is the breaking point. Stupid shit like garcgompite and lucarite being behind unlock walls is videogame padding 101, and considering howthe meta usuallt xarries over to the next games, trading em over from XY wouldn't hurt you anyway.

Morale of the story... fans complain for the sake of complaining. Which is why I've never taken the "Gen 6 is too easy" complaints seriously, and probably never will. That goes for the other complaints as well. And if that offends people that I don't take their complaints seriously? Oh well, tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom